Police hunting armed man shut turnpik...

Police hunting armed man shut turnpike, I-95 lanes in Martin

There are 25 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Sep 17, 2007, titled Police hunting armed man shut turnpike, I-95 lanes in Martin. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Authorities have closed the northbound lanes of Florida's Turnpike and the southbound lanes of Interstate 95 north of Indiantown Road while police look for an armed man who ran into nearby woods in Martin ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DRS

United States

#1 Sep 17, 2007
WHAT IS HE A GUN-HIKER ?
rediculous

United States

#2 Sep 17, 2007
Can I go ONE DAY in Palm Beach County without something simply nuts happening? God I hate living here..
i know how to get him

New Orleans, LA

#5 Sep 17, 2007
I KNOW HOW TO GET HOM OUT OF THERE..A BIG OL FLAMETHROWER!!!!!

NO MUSS, NO FUSS AND WHEN THE BRUSH IS CLEARED, A BIG HOSE DOWN WILL SUFFICE.

CASE CLOSED AND EVERYONE CAN GO TO DISNEYWORLD AGAIN......YIPPEE
Lawdog

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Sep 17, 2007
I'm with ya... As soon as I can retire I am outta here. Off to where people are friendly and speak English.
rediculous wrote:
Can I go ONE DAY in Palm Beach County without something simply nuts happening? God I hate living here..
Boca Bob

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Sep 17, 2007
I got a better idea, turn loose them 15 pit bulls they just confiscated in Boynton Beach. Let them hunt him down, then shoot the pit bulls afterward. What the heck, they gonna put 'em to sleep anyways!
luvdance6803pemb rokepines

Hollywood, FL

#9 Sep 17, 2007
White car???? wonder if that's why he took out a shotgun and ran?
Ron

Lake Worth, FL

#10 Sep 17, 2007
"Can I go ONE DAY in Palm Beach County without something simply nuts happening? God I hate living here.."

Take your rude and illiterate self and go! Nobody's keeping you here and doesn't sound like anyone wants you here.
tooqt4ya

AOL

#11 Sep 17, 2007
wow he gets a negotiater and shawn labeet didnt...hmmmm
Grace

AOL

#14 Sep 17, 2007
tooqt4ya wrote:
This guy didn't shoot 4 officers and kill one.....no comparison. Labeet relative?
SIR LANCELOT

AOL

#15 Sep 17, 2007
tooqt4ya wrote:
HE IS WHITE !
SIR LANCELOT

AOL

#16 Sep 17, 2007
Big D wrote:
he has a gun, police have him surrounded. He made no demands.
Shoot him already and re-open the road!
EXACTLY !
SIR LANCELOT

AOL

#17 Sep 17, 2007
What am i missing here ? Some lowlife gets to shut down our two major highways ,in and out of Florida,and we stand around with our fingers you know where ,come on officers waste this scumbag ,and open our HIGHWAYS !Terrorists ,take note ,see how easy it is to shut down major roads ,in AMERICA !
The Law

United States

#19 Sep 17, 2007
Even though you kill a cop, you're suppose to go to to trial just like every other criminals who shoot people. The warrant didnt say for the Cops to shoot to kill. Cops are humans too just like us. I just dont understand why the think that they have to take the law in their hands once one of them get hurt... Am i watching JUDGE DREDD here.
SIR LANCELOT

AOL

#20 Sep 17, 2007
rediculous wrote:
LEAVE MON ! THIS IS EXICTING !Where else can you get this entertainment ,and no charge !
SFBiker Chic

Palm City, FL

#21 Sep 17, 2007
Boca Bob wrote:
I got a better idea, turn loose them 15 pit bulls they just confiscated in Boynton Beach. Let them hunt him down, then shoot the pit bulls afterward. What the heck, they gonna put 'em to sleep anyways!
My thoughts exactly. Let them do one good deed before they're laid to rest
Lawdog

Boca Raton, FL

#22 Sep 17, 2007
Throw that race card... maybe it's because he didn't MURDER someone !!!
SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>HE IS WHITE !
sharp

Warren, NJ

#23 Sep 17, 2007
The Law wrote:
Even though you kill a cop, you're suppose to go to to trial just like every other criminals who shoot people. The warrant didnt say for the Cops to shoot to kill. Cops are humans too just like us. I just dont understand why the think that they have to take the law in their hands once one of them get hurt... Am i watching JUDGE DREDD here.
Labeet had no hesitation in shooting the 4 officers. The deceased officer had half his head blown away. At this point, you already have a pattern of behavior that he is going to shoot first when cornered. This guy in the woods has not taken a shot at anyone yet. There is a big difference in how you handle the situation.
Gay Hater

United States

#24 Sep 17, 2007
See what happens with a Buy Here Pay here car.
1rightamerican

Key West, FL

#25 Sep 17, 2007
He was a few days late to help OJ out in Vegas so he just lost it LOL another nut off the street. :-)
Van Stone No3 BAND

Boynton Beach, FL

#26 Sep 17, 2007
THE GUY OWNS A STORE ON U.S.1 HE WAS OUT TO DRUM UP BUSINESS!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hobe Sound Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lakeland Grace Academy Saved my Daughter (Mar '14) Thu Katie 6
Florida's torture of disadvantaged children. (May '14) Feb 21 Lafarge 20
LAHIA: Enabling criminals to victimize you. (Sep '15) Feb 21 Benchmark 4
News Trump family's elaborate lifestyle is a - logis... Feb 18 USA Today 1
Shooting Cartoonists (May '15) Feb 15 Freedom 7
The Media Conceal (Apr '15) Feb 15 Poblacht 9
LAHIA enabling criminals to victimize you. (Feb '14) Feb 15 USSLiberty 30

Hobe Sound Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance