New potash mine planned for Lea County

New potash mine planned for Lea County

There are 7 comments on the KOB-TV story from May 27, 2010, titled New potash mine planned for Lea County. In it, KOB-TV reports that:

A Toronto-based potash company plans its first new mine in Lea County in four decades.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB-TV.

jwh1538

Lovington, NM

#1 May 28, 2010
Boycott products from mexico and travel to that country.
jwh1538

Hobbs, NM

#2 May 29, 2010
Boycott travel to mexico and products from mexico.
Great

Hobbs, NM

#3 Jun 6, 2010
These companies bring in amazing jobs.
Right on

Carlsbad, NM

#4 Jun 11, 2010
Great wrote:
These companies bring in amazing jobs.
Most of those jobs are going to Carlsbad. If what the BLM tells me is correct, the mine is much closer to Carlsbad and Loving than it is to Hobbs and Jal. I do not know why the lady in Hobbs is trying so hard to pis off Carlsbad by excluding them from their notices.
Great

Hobbs, NM

#5 Jun 19, 2010
People travel all over the basin to follow a rig or just to do work in the oilfield. I work at the potash mines now and it takes me 50 minutes to get to work. The pay and benefits are amazing but out of a workforce of over 500 they have less then 10 people from Hobbs woring there. More people should apply at least then I could car pool with somebody.
this guy

Las Cruces, NM

#6 Mar 13, 2012
does anyone know when they are going to start to accept applications and where I go about getting one or submitting my resume? I used to work at intrepid Eas underground, so I already have some experience in the Potash mines.
JWM Solutions

Hobbs, NM

#7 May 10, 2012
Great wrote:
People travel all over the basin to follow a rig or just to do work in the oilfield. I work at the potash mines now and it takes me 50 minutes to get to work. The pay and benefits are amazing but out of a workforce of over 500 they have less then 10 people from Hobbs woring there. More people should apply at least then I could car pool with somebody.
Well, More people would work there from Hobbs, if more people here needed Jobs. We have more jobs in Hobbs than there are people. Same with Houses... absolutely No houses here. Now we got the new C.I.T.E. coming to Hobbs and Lea County and the Spin-off Medical equipment plant from the "left overs" coming from the almost completed Urenco... We should all be happy the area is getting interest from Big Businesses which return money (C.I.T.E.=$1billion in just construction) back to the area... Carlsbad included. Alot of potash mines are pretty close to or are in Eddy County, so them putting this one in Lea, Hobbs is the closest city, and the Biggest city within a hundred miles (20,000 more than Carlsbad)... C.I.T.E. is going to be literally right next to Hobbs,... I mean,... Loving, Carlsbad, etc. are all going to benefit from all these projects. Eunice benefits alot from urenco. When people come to work for CITE or the new mine, and they want to live in a bigger city, they're going to Hobbs.(those who don't come from areas around them) But the bottom line is everybody is going to be happy and benefit from these here. We don't all have to rely on Oil to keep our cities running. Good things are in the future for us all ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hobbs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
paranormal activity in Hobbs NM (May '11) Tue Nini 17
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Aug 20 whosurdaddy 8,823
lccf? Aug 18 Mocking Jay 13
Have you ever looked at Carlsbad topix? Aug 11 Carlsbad native 1
Chief of Police J.D. Sanders (Aug '08) Aug 4 fdg 366
New eye doctor in Lovington??? (Nov '15) Jul 27 Wounded 2
trial of julio Jul '16 justice 1

Hobbs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance