Hobbs man gets 96 years in prison

A Hobbs man who fired gunshots at police at least three separate times during a 26-hour standoff - attracting officers from as far away as Albuquerque - was sentenced to 96 years in prison. Full Story
Cheeky

Roswell, NM

#1 Sep 23, 2008
Of course he doesn't care how long he's going to be jailed. 3 hots and a cot, no cost to him!!
Just need to Say

Barnesville, OH

#2 Sep 23, 2008
Three cops wounded. First I hear of anyone getting hurt.
hmmm

Hobbs, NM

#3 Nov 12, 2008
there weren't any cops shot. one ran onto a piece of rebar and bruised his thigh and another got scraped by a tree branch and they tried to say they'd been shot by an AK-47.
Who me

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Nov 12, 2008
"Pedro Armendariz, 31, told state District Judge Don Maddox on Monday he doesn’t care how long he will be jailed."

Because he knows that living in prison is no worse than living in Hobbs...
LIVINPROOF

Hurst, TX

#6 Jul 3, 2012
FREE PEDRO! What was the judge thinking NOBODY even DIED. Cops were just mad how things went down. There still scared to come down ELM BLVD to this day. That's gangster.
texas ranger

Austin, TX

#7 Jul 4, 2012
this is off topic but i love Texas justice. last month, a purse snatcher here in Austin got 45 years for punching a young lady and running off with her purse.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/purse-sna...
The Shield

Hobbs, NM

#8 Jan 5, 2014
LIVINPROOF wrote:
FREE PEDRO! What was the judge thinking NOBODY even DIED. Cops were just mad how things went down. There still scared to come down ELM BLVD to this day. That's gangster.
Really free Pedro. He is a freaking idiot. And your just as bad . I really don't recall any officer being scared of going down Elm Blvd like you say, but what I do recall is people bitching up when the cops show up.
Disagree

Fort Worth, TX

#9 Jan 7, 2014
texas ranger wrote:
this is off topic but i love Texas justice. last month, a purse snatcher here in Austin got 45 years for punching a young lady and running off with her purse.
I don't see where this is called justice. This was evidently a man with little money for his defense. We have all seen how the sentences of the rich and the poor differ so much in Texas and in most parts of the USA.. Money now talks it seems when it comes to justice.
Uuuh

Santa Fe, NM

#10 Jan 7, 2014
texas ranger wrote:
justice?

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#11 Jan 17, 2014
O v e r d o n e!
LIVINPROOF

United States

#12 Jan 27, 2014
The Shield wrote:
<quoted text>
Really free Pedro. He is a freaking idiot. And your just as bad . I really don't recall any officer being scared of going down Elm Blvd like you say, but what I do recall is people bitching up when the cops show up.

You must be some rookie ass cop. Either way he's bout to come home.The probation and parole officers don't even check up on us out here. Anyway that whole ordeal was bullshit try to pull an ambulance to his moms to get him to come out. Remember rookie ELM BOULEVARD not elm street were all the crack heads are! I could let off fifty shots out my back door right now and no one would come well guess add in the factor of good nieghbors. You do the math.
fogman

Baldwin City, KS

#13 Feb 15, 2014
LIVINPROOF wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be some rookie ass cop. Either way he's bout to come home.The probation and parole officers don't even check up on us out here. Anyway that whole ordeal was bullshit try to pull an ambulance to his moms to get him to come out. Remember rookie ELM BOULEVARD not elm street were all the crack heads are! I could let off fifty shots out my back door right now and no one would come well guess add in the factor of good nieghbors. You do the math.
sounds like they need to lock a few more people up on elm boulevard

Hatch, NM

#14 Feb 15, 2014
haven't you kept up with life in the USA westerns? This is more'Dodge City' life

Hatch, NM

#15 Feb 16, 2014
besides Pedro Armendariz is not 31. Much older. Another western flick coming up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hobbs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Italian Villa Ristorante ready to expand to Cas... Feb 28 Carlsbad Resident 12
OB-GYN DOCTORS LEAVING HOBBS; Bad Relations Wit... Feb 28 curious 2
Boy dies in Hobbs; stepmother arrested (Jan '08) Feb 27 PDDSP1 98
Say it in six words (Jul '08) Feb 22 listless 8,641
Lovington Superintendent (May '13) Feb 20 Sad days ahead 4
Gay sexting Feb 20 Lancaster finest 4
police (Dec '13) Feb 19 Eustace 2
Hobbs Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web