Hobbs man gets 96 years in prison

Hobbs man gets 96 years in prison

There are 33 comments on the KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico story from Sep 23, 2008, titled Hobbs man gets 96 years in prison. In it, KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico reports that:

A Hobbs man who fired gunshots at police at least three separate times during a 26-hour standoff - attracting officers from as far away as Albuquerque - was sentenced to 96 years in prison.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOB.com Eyewitness News 4 - New Mexico.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cheeky

Las Cruces, NM

#1 Sep 23, 2008
Of course he doesn't care how long he's going to be jailed. 3 hots and a cot, no cost to him!!
Just need to Say

United States

#2 Sep 23, 2008
Three cops wounded. First I hear of anyone getting hurt.
hmmm

Hobbs, NM

#3 Nov 12, 2008
there weren't any cops shot. one ran onto a piece of rebar and bruised his thigh and another got scraped by a tree branch and they tried to say they'd been shot by an AK-47.
Who me

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Nov 12, 2008
"Pedro Armendariz, 31, told state District Judge Don Maddox on Monday he doesn’t care how long he will be jailed."

Because he knows that living in prison is no worse than living in Hobbs...
LIVINPROOF

Dallas, TX

#6 Jul 3, 2012
FREE PEDRO! What was the judge thinking NOBODY even DIED. Cops were just mad how things went down. There still scared to come down ELM BLVD to this day. That's gangster.
texas ranger

Austin, TX

#7 Jul 4, 2012
this is off topic but i love Texas justice. last month, a purse snatcher here in Austin got 45 years for punching a young lady and running off with her purse.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/purse-sna...
The Shield

Lovington, NM

#8 Jan 5, 2014
LIVINPROOF wrote:
FREE PEDRO! What was the judge thinking NOBODY even DIED. Cops were just mad how things went down. There still scared to come down ELM BLVD to this day. That's gangster.
Really free Pedro. He is a freaking idiot. And your just as bad . I really don't recall any officer being scared of going down Elm Blvd like you say, but what I do recall is people bitching up when the cops show up.
Disagree

Fort Worth, TX

#9 Jan 7, 2014
texas ranger wrote:
this is off topic but i love Texas justice. last month, a purse snatcher here in Austin got 45 years for punching a young lady and running off with her purse.
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/purse-sna...
I don't see where this is called justice. This was evidently a man with little money for his defense. We have all seen how the sentences of the rich and the poor differ so much in Texas and in most parts of the USA.. Money now talks it seems when it comes to justice.
Uuuh

Huntsville, AL

#10 Jan 7, 2014
texas ranger wrote:
this is off topic but i love Texas justice. last month, a purse snatcher here in Austin got 45 years for punching a young lady and running off with her purse.
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/purse-sna...
justice?

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#11 Jan 17, 2014
O v e r d o n e!
LIVINPROOF

United States

#12 Jan 27, 2014
The Shield wrote:
<quoted text>
Really free Pedro. He is a freaking idiot. And your just as bad . I really don't recall any officer being scared of going down Elm Blvd like you say, but what I do recall is people bitching up when the cops show up.


You must be some rookie ass cop. Either way he's bout to come home.The probation and parole officers don't even check up on us out here. Anyway that whole ordeal was bullshit try to pull an ambulance to his moms to get him to come out. Remember rookie ELM BOULEVARD not elm street were all the crack heads are! I could let off fifty shots out my back door right now and no one would come well guess add in the factor of good nieghbors. You do the math.
fogman

Fort Riley, KS

#13 Feb 15, 2014
LIVINPROOF wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be some rookie ass cop. Either way he's bout to come home.The probation and parole officers don't even check up on us out here. Anyway that whole ordeal was bullshit try to pull an ambulance to his moms to get him to come out. Remember rookie ELM BOULEVARD not elm street were all the crack heads are! I could let off fifty shots out my back door right now and no one would come well guess add in the factor of good nieghbors. You do the math.
sounds like they need to lock a few more people up on elm boulevard

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#14 Feb 15, 2014
haven't you kept up with life in the USA westerns? This is more'Dodge City' life

“Not everything that shines...”

Since: Aug 13

Hatch, NM

#15 Feb 16, 2014
besides Pedro Armendariz is not 31. Much older. Another western flick coming up.
homie from H town

Hobbs, NM

#16 Jul 11, 2015
Who ever is hating on my boy Pete ya need to stop hating. That's y my boy won his case he will b home soon. 96 years got dropped down. Lol
Adam G

United States

#17 Jul 11, 2015
homie from H town wrote:
Who ever is hating on my boy Pete ya need to stop hating. That's y my boy won his case he will b home soon. 96 years got dropped down. Lol
What are you people even talking about?!
Not homie from school

United States

#18 Jul 11, 2015
homie from H town wrote:
Who ever is hating on my boy Pete ya need to stop hating. That's y my boy won his case he will b home soon. 96 years got dropped down. Lol
What grade did you finish ?
Do you

Santa Fe, NM

#19 Jul 11, 2015
Cheeky wrote:
Of course he doesn't care how long he's going to be jailed. 3 hots and a cot, no cost to him!!
miss somebody in the joint? Most sane people know it is a living hell. Why do you think otherwise?
Toby

United States

#20 Jul 12, 2015
texas ranger wrote:
this is off topic but i love Texas justice. last month, a purse snatcher here in Austin got 45 years for punching a young lady and running off with her purse.
http://www.statesman.com/news/local/purse-sna...
And yet with tough sentencing TX one of the least safe States to live
Badda bing

Edgewood, NM

#21 Jul 15, 2015
Idiot

Should have sold fake DL's or had sex with a 15 year old..

Six months probation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hobbs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Good vs Evil (Nov '17) 19 hr Meterman 14
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) Sat Smelly_Kat 12,346
5g tower by highland middle school May 22 tyclack88 1
Conoco's gay foreman Robert Brijalba May 16 Townsand 8
News Nuclear waste storage concerns expressed Apr '18 Oasis 16
News Group tours NM in opposition to possible radioa... Apr '18 Hombre 33
LGBT community (Jul '13) Apr '18 Star marks The Spot 4

Hobbs Jobs

Personal Finance

Hobbs Mortgages