Lea County deputy arrested in child sex investigation (4:27 p.m.)

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

State police say a Lea County sheriff's deputy has been arrested in an investigation involving sex crimes against two children.
Comments
5,241 - 5,260 of 5,584 Comments Last updated May 1, 2014

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

Judged:

Truth will set you free wrote:
<quoted text> Matt and his family are all from Clovis. I believe his father knows the Chavez family. The case was reviewed by Matt and I am sure he would not have taking if there was no case against Danny. And if I was Rose and Shirlie I might start to worry for myself. Shirlie or Fact you did testify that Rose told you and you did nothing. Are all the cops at Lea County like you guys. Croocks in uniforms?
conflict of interest if u know threm soooooo much. Grow up n let things go when they go
Straight Shooter

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2012

Judged:

deadelephant wrote:
<quoted text> conflict of interest if u know threm soooooo much. Grow up n let things go when they go
No more then an Conflict with Berry and Danny been friends for so long. Don't worry Berry's words at the sentence will be brought up again. What did he say? Oh yeah I have knowing Danny for over 40 years, and I know he will return for the hearing.hahaha Wow if thats not a Conflict, RIGHT! Let things go? NO way I am a tax payer and I vote in Lea County. I am sick with all these Corrupted cops who think they are above the law. Now Big elephant swollen that. Because people who believe the girls are not going away.

Since: Apr 12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

deadelephant wrote:
<quoted text> conflict of interest if u know threm soooooo much. Grow up n let things go when they go
Conflict of interest? Again, I don't think you know what you're talking about!
We will let things go when Danny is found guilty and sent to prison!

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

Straight Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>No more then an Conflict with Berry and Danny been friends for so long. Don't worry Berry's words at the sentence will be brought up again. What did he say? Oh yeah I have knowing Danny for over 40 years, and I know he will return for the hearing.hahaha Wow if thats not a Conflict, RIGHT! Let things go? NO way I am a tax payer and I vote in Lea County. I am sick with all these Corrupted cops who think they are above the law. Now Big elephant swollen that. Because people who believe the girls are not going away.
It is my understanding that Barry Crutchfield has known about the fact that Billy Sipes reported that 5 different young girls had reported to him that Danny had allegedly molested them. As a matter of fact, Mr. Crutchfield represented Billy Sipes back during that time (late 1970's/early 1980's) after Danny wrote a complaint against Detective Sipes.

Would that be a conflict?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

Straight Shooter wrote:
<quoted text>No more then an Conflict with Berry and Danny been friends for so long. Don't worry Berry's words at the sentence will be brought up again. What did he say? Oh yeah I have knowing Danny for over 40 years, and I know he will return for the hearing.hahaha Wow if thats not a Conflict, RIGHT! Let things go? NO way I am a tax payer and I vote in Lea County. I am sick with all these Corrupted cops who think they are above the law. Now Big elephant swollen that. Because people who believe the girls are not going away.
mmmmmm yeah glad you pay taxes and know everything.... maybe you should be the attorneys, judge , cops, tax payer, cuz u know everything, it will be judged the way it is heard n seen not just by your know it all info. everybody knows a damn attorney, their is like ten ppl in hobbs damn

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

deadelephant wrote:
<quoted text> mmmmmm yeah glad you pay taxes and know everything.... maybe you should be the attorneys, judge , cops, tax payer, cuz u know everything, it will be judged the way it is heard n seen not just by your know it all info. everybody knows a damn attorney, their is like ten ppl in hobbs damn
Its really hard to take you seriously!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

deadelephant wrote:
<quoted text> mmmmmm yeah glad you pay taxes and know everything.... maybe you should be the attorneys, judge , cops, tax payer, cuz u know everything, it will be judged the way it is heard n seen not just by your know it all info. everybody knows a damn attorney, their is like ten ppl in hobbs damn
That's the point I was trying to make in my previous post. Danny, Rose, Shirley, Paula, the DA's, the Judge, the attorneys, etc., work in the legal system for several years. They all know each other.

You are the one that brought up CONFLICT.
deadelephant wrote:
And you are correct, the evidence at the trial will speak loud and clear. Hopefully, all evidence will be allowed and heard at the next trial. And I'm sure that the defense witnesses will be questioned much more aggressively.

All 4 counts are back, new defense attorney and new DA. A new jury. Hopefully the entire truth will be heard from EVERYONE.

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

SimplySue wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the point I was trying to make in my previous post. Danny, Rose, Shirley, Paula, the DA's, the Judge, the attorneys, etc., work in the legal system for several years. They all know each other.
You are the one that brought up CONFLICT.
<quoted text>
And you are correct, the evidence at the trial will speak loud and clear. Hopefully, all evidence will be allowed and heard at the next trial. And I'm sure that the defense witnesses will be questioned much more aggressively.
All 4 counts are back, new defense attorney and new DA. A new jury. Hopefully the entire truth will be heard from EVERYONE.
To be honest with you, I hope Matt hammers some of the defense witnesses!! I have them up on stand and fabricate their stories..I could hardly stand it!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

TheTruth15 wrote:
<quoted text>
To be honest with you, I hope Matt hammers some of the defense witnesses!! I have them up on stand and fabricate their stories..I could hardly stand it!
I totally agree Truth! And the great part is that we know that one of them lied and there is PROOF she lied! I'm really looking forward to her testimony this time and getting caught in her own web of lies. I was astounded when Rose was only asked one question and Danny NONE!!! If you recall, right after we got into the witness room I confronted Ms. Hewes about that. I'm sorry but her, "We decided to take the "high road" reply just infuriated me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

Being "nice" wasn't her job. Her job was to get to the truth and getting a child molester into prison where he is no longer a threat to the safety of little girls.

I'm sure Mr. Chambers will be much more aggressive and ask the hard questions.

I believe the whole atmosphere will be different at the upcoming trial(s). I believe that Danny now realizes that it IS probable that with the physical evidence, testimony for the professionals, and others, the next jury will come back with another guilty verdict.

(SORRY BUT ONLY 1/2 OF MY POST SHOWED UP, SO HERE IS THE SECOND 1/2)

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

SimplySue wrote:
Being "nice" wasn't her job. Her job was to get to the truth and getting a child molester into prison where he is no longer a threat to the safety of little girls.
I'm sure Mr. Chambers will be much more aggressive and ask the hard questions.
I believe the whole atmosphere will be different at the upcoming trial(s). I believe that Danny now realizes that it IS probable that with the physical evidence, testimony for the professionals, and others, the next jury will come back with another guilty verdict.
(SORRY BUT ONLY 1/2 OF MY POST SHOWED UP, SO HERE IS THE SECOND 1/2)
As I said before Sue, they all should be worried. Those same witnesses will not get off so easy, and strongly believe Matt will question them, regardless of the relevance. For whatever reason the Defense thought it would be helpful to their case, Matt will shred that theory.:) Sue, phone calls are gong to be made to the Clovis News Journal, and ask they they run a story/stories regarding this case. Matt is in the news regardless what county he is in. Clovis residents need to know that Danny frequents there. I will be making a call. And for those of you who know Andy Chavez, the arrogant boob, I can't wait until that smug look is off his face, like he is better than everyone. After I heard what he did this week, he has no morals! Andy you're not needed as much as you would like to think!!
whatever

Lovington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

is this the matt chandler that was asigined to this case not given a choose and the same man that would not bring it to trial because he didnt think there was enough evidince in the case you realy want something to talk about start looking in your own back yards as the bible stats
he who is with out sin cast the first stone
so all of you on here must be without sin this place runnth over in saints
Maryann

Elk City, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

And what did the BOOB do now? He is very disrespecfull!! Always has been. Maybe he and Danny are more a like then ya know??
Wow

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

whatever wrote:
is this the matt chandler that was asigined to this case not given a choose and the same man that would not bring it to trial because he didnt think there was enough evidince in the case you realy want something to talk about start looking in your own back yards as the bible stats
Boy you are really clueless. Matt Chandler never turned this case away. From Day one there has been enough evidence. Honey if you want to quote the bible go back about 1000 comments and you can find a bunch of true quotes. Have a nice day.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

whatever wrote:
I haven't heard anyone here claim to be without sin, or be a Saint. This case isn't about sinning, it's about the law, and about a moral obligation we all have to protect the children in this world.

We are not saying Danny should go to hell. THAT is not job to make THAT JUDGEMENT, it is God's.

So tell me, do you think because we are not without sin that we should just close all the courtrooms and prisons and allow murderers, rapists, child molesters, and other violent criminals run around hurting and killing people?

Or does the exception stop with Danny, Rose, and the Lea County Law Enforcement?

Get a grip. The man has been molesting little girls for over 40 years and his ass is going to finally be stopped and sent to prison.

You can talk to God face to face on your Judgement Day and see if He is pleased that you stood beside Danny and didn't judge him.

MATHEW 18 - 6
But whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin, it would be better for him to have a great millstone fastened around his neck and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Maryann wrote:
And what did the BOOB do now? He is very disrespecfull!! Always has been. Maybe he and Danny are more a like then ya know??
Isn't he the one that told Tanya's dad that he knew Danny was guilty, but blamed Vincent for choosing to prosecute his daughters's molester?

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

whatever wrote:
WOW! I have to laugh at your post! NO ONE assigns Matt Chandler a case, he is THE District Attorney! He never knew about the case until a Detective from the State Police brought it to to his attention. After Matt read the investigation report, and court records, that is when he said he would take the case. AND he has brought in his Chief Deputy ADA to co-chair! She has about 15 years experience, and does most sex crime cases. From what I was told, she wouldn't take the case unless she thinks she can win! That is what everyone wants! Well maybe not everyone!:)

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Maryann wrote:
He was just somewhere he wasn't welcomed. He didn't care the situation and made it very clear that he didn't have to change his life around because of what is going on with the families! I've never liked him, I was just nice because my parents taught me manners!
Straight Shooter

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2012

Judged:

Maryann wrote:
Does he touch little girls too?
butthead

Dracut, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 27, 2012

Judged:

My understanding is that sheriff's deputies are immune from laws like: cell phone use while driving, speeding, traffic laws, sexual assault, murder and anything else you can think of. This guys is the poster child for the sheriff's office. Have respect for the badge. The badge gives them rights above the law.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hobbs Discussions

Search the Hobbs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Say it in six words (Jul '08) 11 hr Richies Cool Man Diary 8,443
LCCF Geo Group Correctional Facility Corruption (Dec '13) Jul 12 izzyright 3
Carlsbad animal shelter euthanizes half of its ... Jul 12 Che 43
Chris Hood Jul 1 OLD Friend 1
Review: Cherryberry Jun 30 Alexandria 1
Carrizozo swears in a new chief of police - Rui... (Nov '08) Jun 24 Angelique 1,623
Farmington on list of fastest shrinking cities Jun '14 the truth 18
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hobbs Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hobbs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE