Lea County deputy arrested in child s...

Lea County deputy arrested in child sex investigation (4:27 p.m.)

There are 5584 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Sep 1, 2010, titled Lea County deputy arrested in child sex investigation (4:27 p.m.). In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

State police say a Lea County sheriff's deputy has been arrested in an investigation involving sex crimes against two children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3710 May 2, 2012
working momma wrote:
<quoted text>
Ill make sure the SP knows to watch for this. I mean maybe then yall can sue them for doing their job???
I'm sure the State Police know about it already, considering they are monitoring the boards. But I don't blame you for bringing it to their attention.

I don't understand the suing them comment though? I know that the people that were in the witness room for the Prosecution's case were grateful the SP were present and in charge of the investigation.

I know I'm glad they are in charge of security and the investigation now. From what I understand, the trial was a lot different than the prelim was when Dan's buddies were in charge.
Smack

Lovington, NM

#3711 May 2, 2012
SimplySue wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure the State Police know about it already, considering they are monitoring the boards. But I don't blame you for bringing it to their attention.
I don't understand the suing them comment though? I know that the people that were in the witness room for the Prosecution's case were grateful the SP were present and in charge of the investigation.
I know I'm glad they are in charge of security and the investigation now. From what I understand, the trial was a lot different than the prelim was when Dan's buddies were in charge.
Amen
working momma

United States

#3712 May 2, 2012
SimplySue wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 3 children with a deputy and let me tell u something that department did nothing wrong u can't act crazy and expect them not to do their job. U can't go at ppl and expect them not to do their job. Sorry someone got arrested for driving a car they weren't supposed to and sorry they asked ppl to go home 3 time times before saying enough was enough come on now common sense says ur going to be arresated if u beak the law or cause disorderly conduct

Since: Apr 12

Renton, WA

#3713 May 2, 2012
SimplySue wrote:
<quoted text>
Danny's buddies were throwing their authority around after the Pre-Lim. Some of Lea County Deputies were not too pleased to have State Police take over their territory. Dont they know State Police outrank them! LOL

Renton, WA

#3714 May 2, 2012
working momma wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 3 children with a deputy and let me tell u something that department did nothing wrong u can't act crazy and expect them not to do their job. U can't go at ppl and expect them not to do their job. Sorry someone got arrested for driving a car they weren't supposed to and sorry they asked ppl to go home 3 time times before saying enough was enough come on now common sense says ur going to be arresated if u beak the law or cause disorderly conduct
Yeah, and one of those Deputies also took the stand and knew about what Danny did to the girls because Rose told her, she did NOTHING! Some Deputy she is, and now she is no longer employed, wonder why!

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#3715 May 2, 2012
You know I have made only a few comments on this forum and I too have received some threats due to some things I revealed on here, but I have been looking in on the forum and what I see is sickening. I say sickening because some of you refuse to accept the truth and the verdict handed down by a jury of Danny's peers.

The same group of you keep trying to take the focus off of Danny and put it anywhere you can. A great number of you delight in slamming Sue and Vincent, but who among you hasn't made some mistakes in your own lives. I will tell you to be careful of stones that you throw. If there are any of you without sin or mistake then cast your stones, but I rather doubt that there are any such people in the entire world, myself included. What this forum is about is not supposed to be about passing judgement on Vincent, Sue or anyone else. They are not and have not been on trial.

I simply can tell you that Danny has a history and it is not a pretty one. Yes, it is easy to like Danny as a person and he is very cunning, but keep in mind that he was found guilty of molestation and that my friends is not conjecture or speculation, but in fact the whole truth.

I wish that he had been made to answer for the things he was doing years ago and then maybe there would not have been other victims, but because of the good ole boy system there are those that chose to turn a blind eye to the things he was doing. He had a chance to stop his actions long ago and chose not to do that, but continued to seek other victims.

The victims did not have a choice, but Danny did. The parents did not have a choice, but Danny did. Rose had a choice as well but she chose to side with Danny rather than report the matter and insist that he get the help he needed. It is a little too late now to help him and now Rose is trying in a last ditch effort to get him off the hook. Some of the others on here have nothing else to do but continually deny and make excuses. There is no difference in what those of you are doing than what others in a position to do something years ago did by their denials.

Those in a position to put a stop to what he was doing many years ago failed to take action and left him to run loose and still inflict pain on others.

Please stop with the blame game and look at the only person to really blame for this entire mess and that is Danny himself. A person can search and find an attorney to defend themselves if they have the presumption of innocence. That presumption is also called money.

There was a trial and there was a judge and jury and there was a guilty verdict rendered against Danny, so accept it and let's move on with the sentencing and stop the cruel attacks on others.
To the person that called me and threatened me I want you to know that you are indeed a coward and your threats don't scare me. I don't have anything to lose and my destiny is not in your hands so you need to know that I do not fear you or any other person on this entire Earth.

If you were as tough as you think you are then why call with a private number? I call on you to tell me who you are and like Vincent told the other party we can meet and see just how tough you really are.

I think the name calling and everything else should stop and those that are playing the blame game need to stop it.

If any of you think this is helping Danny you are sadly mistaken because he has already done this to himself and all the ranting, raving and ugliness will not change the fact that he is at this point and time a convicted child molester awaiting sentencing.

He really should think long and hard before the next trial and see if he is in fact ready to roll the dice and take a chance or try to enter into a plea agreement and maybe even counseling. Stop with the accusations against Vincent, Sue and everyone else and look at the reality of it all. God bless all of you and hopefully you will consider what I have said.

Since: Jan 11

Springfield, IL

#3716 May 2, 2012
SimplySue wrote:
Danggggggggg I'm really craving a chocolate pinwheel donut now!:o)
Now I am obsessing about Mel-O-Cream and Aunt Katie's cream puffs. I wonder if I can make a healthy version of a cream puff? If it works out, I will give one to you in a couple of weeks.:o)
Smack

Lovington, NM

#3717 May 2, 2012
TheTruth15 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and one of those Deputies also took the stand and knew about what Danny did to the girls because Rose told her, she did NOTHING! Some Deputy she is, and now she is no longer employed, wonder why!
Wow! She's not employed anymore?

By the way, the charges against the mom were dropped.

Danny and Rose were showed alot of favor at the trial since they were parked in the back, not with the common folk.
Smack

Lovington, NM

#3718 May 2, 2012
I was referring to the first trial where Danny's friends were in charge.
Shawna

Lockhart, TX

#3719 May 2, 2012
I would have never thought it possible that this man would have done a thing like this. Like many of you on this forum, I too, would have defended him until my last breath...BUT...fact of the matter now is...HE HAS BEEN JUDGED GUILTY BY THE SAME SYSTEM HE HAS SERVED FOR MOST OF HIS ADULT LIFE.
A GUILTY VERDICT FROM THOSE WHO HAVE KNOWN, RESPECTED AND WORKED WITH HIM FOR 30 PLUS YEARS...I KNOW THIS FOR SURE, THE JUSTICE SYSTEM ISN'T PERFECT- BUT IT WORKS! heck, Danny would tell you that. I WOULD ALSO BET GOOD MONEY ON THE THIS...IF YOU PRESENTED THE SAME SET OF FACTS AND CIRCUMSTANCES TO DANNY PRIOR TO THIS MESS...HE WOULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT THE PERP. WAS GUILTY!!!!
All that is left for his victims (and I believe that Sue, is a victim) including the community of Lovington, his family members and the citizens of Lea County is to pick up the pieces and hope that if there is a next time that someone has the guts to come forward in a more timely manner.
Please stop these horrible personal attacks of these victims and their family members. The family, including Rose, have certainly been thru the wringer and it is going to get worse for some of them before it gets better, so spend you energy showing her the kindness that she must certainly need just now instead of beating up people online!
Lovington is a good Christian community, with GOOD caring people in it. I know that the values I was taught in the schools, churches, on the athletic fields and even from Danny himself aren't reflected in the virulent attacks that I am reading in this forum. You bullies were surly taught better and you aren't representing my hometown very well.
It is all well and good to believe in Danny, to want to support him and his wife (and it is the right thing to do, god bless her she has lost as much or more than anyone, and he surly needs your compassion and support right about now) but stop victimizing these victims! IT AIN'T RIGHT DANG IT!
Hate the sin; not the sinner!

Location hidden

#3720 May 2, 2012
BevOKC wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I am obsessing about Mel-O-Cream and Aunt Katie's cream puffs. I wonder if I can make a healthy version of a cream puff? If it works out, I will give one to you in a couple of weeks.:o)
If you come up with a healthier version of Aunt Katie's cream puffs, you patent that sucker and you will never have to work another day of your life! LOL

Can't wait to see you again in a couple of weeks, sis! Too bad it's for the sentencing. Do you have Mel-O-Cream in your area? Bavarian Chocolate for you right? LOL

Renton, WA

#3721 May 2, 2012
Smack wrote:
<quoted text>
Danny and Rose were showed alot of favor at the trial since they were parked in the back, not with the common folk.
Yes I was told the charges against Tanya were dropped because they were frivolous. Yeah, it was pretty convenient that Rose got special treatment and was able to go back with Danny to the back of the courtroom anytime there was a break. And yes that Deputy, rahter former Deputy said she was not working.

Since: Jan 11

Springfield, IL

#3722 May 2, 2012
SimplySue wrote:
<quoted text>
If you come up with a healthier version of Aunt Katie's cream puffs, you patent that sucker and you will never have to work another day of your life! LOL
Can't wait to see you again in a couple of weeks, sis! Too bad it's for the sentencing. Do you have Mel-O-Cream in your area? Bavarian Chocolate for you right? LOL
Right! No, we have Krispy Kreme. They are good but not as good as Mel-O-Cream.

I said healthier, no low-fat or low calorie. No way to get that to happen. LOL!
Just laughing

Lovington, NM

#3723 May 2, 2012
VINCENT wrote:
Correction may17th at 10am. for just laughing
Well Ill tell ya what. I may just head on up to the courthouse that day. Im pretty sure this aint a place you wanna go but in case it is Ill be waiting. Dont even have to be there. Anytime ,anywhere you wanna meet to have your butt handed to you just let me know.Until then Ill just be here quaking in my boots. As for simply sue, your just a joke. I cannot wait to see you get whats comin to you. You have told so many different stories on this site that Im pretty sure you dont even know the truth. I may just be a bystander looking in from the outside but I have done quite a bit of digging around into the backgrounds of both sides and each person involved,I have those abilities, and man o man at the stuff I have uncovered. Stuff in your closet and others closet. Have copies made and believe me when I say that the defense lawyers will know to. Still laughing!
Just laughing

Lovington, NM

#3725 May 2, 2012
Smack wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I saw their car on the corner across from the movie theater. Do you have any idea what your talking about.
VINCENT

Hobbs, NM

#3727 May 2, 2012
Just laughing wrote:
<quoted text>Well Ill tell ya what. I may just head on up to the courthouse that day. Im pretty sure this aint a place you wanna go but in case it is Ill be waiting. Dont even have to be there. Anytime ,anywhere you wanna meet to have your butt handed to you just let me know.Until then Ill just be here quaking in my boots. As for simply sue, your just a joke. I cannot wait to see you get whats comin to you. You have told so many different stories on this site that Im pretty sure you dont even know the truth. I may just be a bystander looking in from the outside but I have done quite a bit of digging around into the backgrounds of both sides and each person involved,I have those abilities, and man o man at the stuff I have uncovered. Stuff in your closet and others closet. Have copies made and believe me when I say that the defense lawyers will know to. Still laughing!
how about today 530 at stiles and lovington hwy. behind wrecking yard. come alone.

Location hidden

#3728 May 2, 2012
TheTruth15 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I was told the charges against Tanya were dropped because they were frivolous. Yeah, it was pretty convenient that Rose got special treatment and was able to go back with Danny to the back of the courtroom anytime there was a break. And yes that Deputy, rahter former Deputy said she was not working.
The people that LOVE to bring up Tanya's arrest at the prelim, always seem to fail to include the fact that people were baiting her too. Saying terrible things about her little girls that had been molested, saying terrible things about Tanya and accusing Vincent of molesting his daughters. Team Danny were ALSO being "disorderly", yet none of them were arrested.

Tanya's brothers and nephew were the only ones in her family that had not turned their backs on Tanya and her children. She had recently found out that a man she loved and trusted with her most valuable gifts in life, had been taking advantage of, and using them for his own sick pleasures. She had lost her mother, that she had always admired and loved all of her life. Her aunts and uncles were siding with her children's molester. Some of the LEO's that were supposed to protect her and her children, were in fact siding with Danny and Rose, and being unprofessional while on duty there.

So she flipped out when her aunt kept running her mouth. What mother wouldn't under those conditions? I know I would, and most of the mother's in this world would.

I know that during the trial there were some of TEAM DANNY that made cutting remarks to and about me, tried to stare me down, ect. One particular example was on the morning while the opening statements were being made, we were locked out of the courtroom and sitting on the bench in the hallway. Rose's sister, Margaret, and her husband, along with another couple were sitting at the other end of the bench.

I had stood up to look into the courtroom because I wanted to see if Danny was showing any emotion at all. Of course there was 2 or 3 SPO's monitoring the hall right in front of the bench too. One of them said, "smoke that maryjane", and they all laughed.

My sister and I got a good laugh at that because if they were trying to embarrass me, or push my buttons, or get me to stoop to their level, it was a real waste of time, cos I didn't hear a word they were saying or their laughter. LOL I've got a hearing problem in my right ear.

Or who knows, maybe they were just trying to make the SPO's aware that I'm an occasional pot smoker. That's pretty silly too though, cos I've clearly stated that I am, and that includes telling the DA and SP that I am.

My point is, TEAM DANNY, is very childish, very cold, and will go to any lengths to try to get even with those they perceive have caused all this trouble for Danny Surratt. That includes, but is not limited to, badgering a woman that was, and still is, going through the worst nightmare any mother could imagine.

But, like the old saying goes, KARMA IS A "female dog". Wouldn't want to offend anyone here with my swearing ways.

Shawna and LPD I admire both of your willingness to stand up for what you feel is right, no matter your personal feelings towards Danny. The world needs more people like you both.
Smack

Lovington, NM

#3729 May 2, 2012
Just laughing wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, I saw their car on the corner across from the movie theater. Do you have any idea what your talking about.
Yeah...the prelim trial in Hobbs. Hello!
Just laughing

Lovington, NM

#3730 May 2, 2012
VINCENT wrote:
<quoted text>how about today 530 at stiles and lovington hwy. behind wrecking yard. come alone.
When this trial is over we will do this. Make no mistake, you have opened up a can of worms you will wish to your god that you didnt. I promise you this, when this trial is over, me and you will damn sure get this done.
working momma

United States

#3731 May 2, 2012
TheTruth15 wrote:
<quoted text>
Danny's buddies were throwing their authority around after the Pre-Lim. Some of Lea County Deputies were not too pleased to have State Police take over their territory. Dont they know State Police outrank them! LOL
In my opionion the SP have no business there either, LPD or EPD should handle it not the department Danny worked for nor the department doing the investigation

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hobbs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Say it in six words (Jul '08) May 24 Frankenfool 8,757
the music thread (Jan '12) May 21 Musikologist 52
lccf? May 17 Anoneemouse 5
Daniel ocampo and nereida delao??? ..do u know ... May 15 Yodaddy 1
You have no more scanner for Lea county May 15 TwoEdwardEightOne 1
Carl's Jr. Coming to Hobbs May 14 Yup 6
group fun in hobbs area May 7 hello 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hobbs Mortgages