Hobart Police
Karms

Warwick, RI

#1 Dec 31, 2009
Just wandering if anyone knows any police officers working for Hobart Police Department currently? I can never keep up with who they have working for them. It seems I see a new face everytime I see one! It would be nice to see a familiar face around every once in a while. Does anyone have any idea why and who are the good ones?
anonymous

Mcalester, OK

#2 Apr 6, 2010
As a former HPD officer, I can give you several reasons why most people don't stick around long.

-Low pay (starting at $10.60 an hour), and you have to provide your own duty belt, handcuffs, pistol, etc. which can run well over $1000)

-BS small-town politics (god forbid you pull over a city councilmember even though they were going 70 in a 35 and blew through a stop sign)

-Issues with the "upper management" in the City of Hobart and the Police Department (not even gonna go into detail on this. however, if you remember that anonymous letter that was sent to all the businesses in Hobart a while back, a lot of stuff in that was true)

-Several people hired have no business being a cop and end up getting fired or forced to resign shortly after starting. This one could have been prevented if a half-decent background check would have been performed.

There's a lot of other reasons as well, but I really don't feel like typing for 4 hours.

And to answer your question about who the officers are now, I believe all they have currently are Brent Glover, Phillip Davis, and Robert Murray patrolling on the streets. And Chief Brown (but he doesn't patrol). Several have quit in the last few months (there should be 9 or 10 officers when every position is filled). And Glover is the only good one in my opinion.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hobart Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Elk City Man Says Contractor Tried To Rip Him Off 20 hr Tell me 3
Broken marriage (Apr '17) May 18 Glyolf 8
Witch woman Apr '18 Jody 1
Anyone know Brandon Haag ? What do you think ab... Apr '18 KARMA 4
New police Apr '18 Beck 1
Panther Pride Feb '18 GPS-88 2
So why is Dill city pretty much a ghost town? S... Feb '18 Eeta Biggon 3

Hobart Jobs

Personal Finance

Hobart Mortgages