Do Seat belts really safe lives

Posted in the Hoagland Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Heather Sorg

United States

#1 Jan 10, 2007
After i lost my baby brother, Ronald" Bubba" Sorg, i began to think do sseat belts really safe people's lives like they say they do? Yeah maybe in some cases, but in others no way it wouldn't matter at all! In my brother's case partically ejected from the truck, if his feet wouldn't have got stuck under neath the steering wheel everyone would have seen him one last time just the way we had all remembered him by and not what the coroner tells us as the family.My brother was a good kid and never got into trouble then this happens and the news wants to say it was drugs or alcohol, then rules that out and says if he would have been wearing a belt he would be alive! NOT in this case at all, if you would have seen the truck you would agree not this time. Just like with our cousin back in 2000 he had a belt on and was the belt snapped in two and he was thrown from the car and the car landed on top of him and killed him! Seat belts may be safe in some cases but not all like the law says they are!
Until i see you again my baby brother, i love you and miss you!!!
knayia jefferson

Gary, IN

#2 May 1, 2007
yes i think seat belts are safe.they do save people lives,also thye are very safe for kids.most people dont come out safe when they wearing a seat belt,but most people do.so just to be safe keep on a seat belt at all times.
krystle hamitle

Gary, IN

#3 May 1, 2007
some seat belts is safe to wear.also i have seen people getting killed with seat belts, but they is safe and i wear mine at all times.u also could get a ticket from not wearing a seat belt.they should make that the number one law.
sally

Glasgow, KY

#4 Oct 10, 2007
thats awful and sad!
sally

Glasgow, KY

#5 Oct 10, 2007
thats awful and sad may god bless u!!
MEME

Chicago, IL

#6 Nov 27, 2007
If they save lives why does Indiana not have them in school buses? It is a two face law you must pay up if you dont click it but the kids have no seat belts on the buses? I read the big story on www.blufftonsnews.com
Eric

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Feb 7, 2008
How many horrible accidents have you seen NASCAR and F1 drivers get into and walk away from??? They wear 5 Point harnesses just like a child should. Why don't we all wear 5 point harnesses. I looked online at the cost of racing seats and harnesses...they run about $1000 for a driver/passenger set with 5 point harness. Automakers could make 5 point harnesses standard on all vehicles if they wanted to....but they don't. Why not???
Ch3l3a fr33

Saint Simons Island, GA

#8 Jan 28, 2009
My best friends mother was in an accident and her seat belt locked up and caused her to burn to death while in the car so in my opinion seat belts save lives only in certain accidents or occasions
LA CH3RRYS

Phoenix, AZ

#9 Feb 4, 2009
i thionk seat belts are safe cause they prevent people from crashing into a wind shield.most poeple say they are not safe cauyse you could get whipblash. but would you rather die from not wearing a seat belt or get a whip blash and live. Ithink thers an ovius answer here. After bieng in a car accident myself i now wear a seat belt even if im going to the corner market. SO EVERYONE PLEASE WEAR A SEAT BELT.
Sergio silva

Phoenix, AZ

#10 Mar 6, 2009
i dont likke to use what u may call seatbelts becuase i think is stupid and useless. instaed people need to focus on edumacation and not vehiicles
Anne Jelica

United States

#11 May 18, 2009
Sure it's safe to wear seatbelts during stops. It's very safe, and you can stay out of serious accident if you wear seatbelts.
hello

Lima, OH

#12 May 26, 2009
I just wanted to say that in Decatur IN we witnessed a 5 yr old little girl being pulled out from under her mothers van after the van tipped over. This was a horrible sceen for everybody around that day. She wasent wearing her seatbelt properly and she flew out the van window. The police say that if she would have been wearing the belt like a child in a car seat is supposed to that wouldent have happened. As far as them being safe for children in a backseat i believe its the best way to go.
Rab

Jacksonville, NC

#13 Jun 4, 2009
hello wrote:
I just wanted to say that in Decatur IN we witnessed a 5 yr old little girl being pulled out from under her mothers van after the van tipped over. This was a horrible sceen for everybody around that day. She wasent wearing her seatbelt properly and she flew out the van window. The police say that if she would have been wearing the belt like a child in a car seat is supposed to that wouldent have happened. As far as them being safe for children in a backseat i believe its the best way to go.
as awful as it is to hear about a child (or anyone) dying like that, it's an insult to anyone that's been through that to place all of the blame on seatbelt use. yes, not wearing a seatbelt contributed to her death, it did not cause it. poor vehicle design did. if the van had some kind of safety feature, such as something more solid then glass sliding up to block the window in the event of a roll-over, the girl probaby wouldn't've exited the vehicle, and she, and many others would probably still be alive, even without seatbelts. i guess rattling off some poorly thought out stats about seatbelts saving lives to justify charging people $50 or whatever it is whilst some bloke is beating his wife and kids or shooting his neighbour is more important then actually saving lives. Ridiculous.
jeanette johnson

Sumter, SC

#14 Jul 25, 2009
well i think that had my sister-in-law had been wearing her seatbelt she would have been around to see her 3 kids grow up, and meet her grandsons, instead she died in her prime at the age of 31. seatbelts do save lives, a few years ago my husband was towing a car down a rural street(drives a towtruck) when a woman was not paying attention came left of center hitting the whole driver side of the truck, my husband seen her just in time to swerve and he went flying into a small building. he was wearing his seatbelt and that truly saved his life.
Layton

Hot Springs National Park, AR

#15 Jan 26, 2010
i say no seat belt r not all that safe if ur drivin tha way u should be in tha 1st place
Savannah

Owensboro, KY

#16 Feb 17, 2010
I actually dont believe they save you because babys in their car seats stay safe but most the times it is the driver that is hert. air bags are probally a big saver in some cases. I dont think that they should keep seatbelts around because they should save people not kill them, certain types of seat belts are even known to kill people or choke them. Which isnt safe at all!!!
Savannah

Owensboro, KY

#17 Feb 17, 2010
I think that seatbelts do help you in some cases, but i do believe you should still wear a seatbelt because sometimes they do end up saving you. I hear of stories that people die in because they werent wearing a seatbelt but i have heard many of poeple wearing seatbelts and still being killed. So really im not sure. I am just doing research on this for school and i saw that you could comment about this so i thought that i might give it a try just for you to know my own personal opinion,i am only in 6th grade but i have heard these stories and i know that this can happen to anyone, so please wear a seatbelt and be safe. My cousins never wear seatbelts and they stand up in the car and they are less than 8 years old, i am very disapointed that their mother isnt more protective of them. the mother doesnt wear a seatbelt either. SO PLZ WEAR A SEAT BELT!!!!!!!!!
Savannah

Owensboro, KY

#18 Feb 17, 2010
Eric wrote:
How many horrible accidents have you seen NASCAR and F1 drivers get into and walk away from??? They wear 5 Point harnesses just like a child should. Why don't we all wear 5 point harnesses. I looked online at the cost of racing seats and harnesses...they run about $1000 for a driver/passenger set with 5 point harness. Automakers could make 5 point harnesses standard on all vehicles if they wanted to....but they don't. Why not???
I believe they should start building cars with those kinda seatbelts in it
dr Phill

Peru, IN

#20 Apr 12, 2010
seat belts do not save lifes they kill them
eric

Fremont, CA

#21 Apr 19, 2010
i also think people should wear a seatbelt !!!!!!!!!!period

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hoagland Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Julie L Binford, Padelford, Watters RN Jul 22 from hear me 1
Review: Cataract & Laser Institute - Ronald K N... (May '08) Jul 21 Blinded by the sight 6
sharon case Jul 20 tj h 2
Will Trump pick Pence as VP? Jul 20 Wayne Fort 2
nasty amish at walmart (Jul '11) Jul 19 gross 6
Todds Townley Tavern Jul 13 doubting thomas 1
News Trump: 'We can't continue to allow China to rap... Jul 13 Divorce Lawyer 49

Hoagland Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hoagland Mortgages