Place Names

There are 2 comments on the The Corner story from Apr 11, 2007, titled Place Names. In it, The Corner reports that:

“Every country has that one city that everyone makes fun of, even Russia. In Russia, we make fun of Cleveland.”

I got a tsunami of funny place names, some of which I should have thought of myself, like Sheboyan, Walla Walla, and Azusa. via The Corner

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Corner.

Debra Berke

United States

#1 May 29, 2007
I am from the great town of Ho-Ho-Kus, NJ. Lived there for 28 years. It is lovely.. you should stop in sometime and have a cup of coffee. It is the most beautiful town to raise children in, in NJ, trust me, I was raised there.
Debbie
Explorer

Leicester, UK

#2 Aug 2, 2008
Should towns/cities which have same name as other towns/cities not opt for a new name? e.g. London in Canada should opt for new namehen when we search for travel there will not be a confusion.

I live in Kingsbury, London and my post often ends up in Kingsbury village elsewhere.

So Birminghaum in USA should have a chance to change its name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ho-Ho-Kus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Wyckoff, NJ (Jan '12) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 4
News No school in Braddock Park; don't privatize Lib... Apr '16 save braddock park 1
News Captain from prosecutor's office will oversee W... Mar '16 Right On 1
News Woodcliff Lake Reservoir dam strengthening proj... Jan '16 DANIEL DICSO 1
James Foytlin Ridgewood Blog Author At Graydon (Oct '08) Jan '16 Flakey Foytlin 3
Junk Car Removal (Sep '15) Sep '15 89jackmoore 1
News The best dishes I ate this month (Jul '14) Jul '14 DDD 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ho-Ho-Kus Mortgages