hohokus has movie/jazz night on 9-11

hohokus has movie/jazz night on 9-11

Posted in the Ho-Ho-Kus Forum

wizeguy

Huntington, NY

#1 Sep 13, 2009
I’m quite disappointed and frankly offended that Ho-Ho-Kus decided to hold the annual movie and jazz concert evening on September 11, 2009. This does not seem to be a fitting event for a national day of remembrance and reflection. Not only did the Borough loose some of its own residence on that horrific day but our country was attacked taking a great hit and devastating loss. What type of message does this send to the children of Ho-Ho-Kus, many of whom may have not even been born on 9/11/01. How soon the mayor and council of Ho-Ho-Kus forget. May the rest of us never forget.
hippiegirl

AOL

#2 Sep 15, 2009
letting people know somthing bad happened there but i won't tell what
Ray2009

United States

#3 Sep 16, 2009
It's one thing to remember the ones we lost on 9-11. I myself barely escaped that day. Another to be crippled by it. The point of terrorism is to change your way of life through fear. I lost a family member that day and I almost lost my life.
But I be dammed if I let them take away my way of life..By "Remembering, and being saddened, angry, fearful" We let them win. I sure as hell wont feed into that fear train. I went out on that day and invited some friends over home for a BBQ, we drank, we laughed, we played drinking games and enjoyed each other's company. THAT is how I "remembered" that day.They may have beaten down many with fear and anger, but not me. I applaud Hohokus and it's community for seeing past the "day" and providing an outlet for it's community to come together and do a very American thing. Be neighbors, enjoy a movie, smile..have fun. Everyone else who wants to watch fox news and be angry at the world can do so. It is after all, a free county.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ho-Ho-Kus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ridgewood Art Institute Jun 26 G Hawthorne 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Wyckoff, NJ (Jan '12) Apr '16 Anthony Scarpuzzi 4
News No school in Braddock Park; don't privatize Lib... Apr '16 save braddock park 1
News Captain from prosecutor's office will oversee W... Mar '16 Right On 1
News Woodcliff Lake Reservoir dam strengthening proj... (Jan '16) Jan '16 DANIEL DICSO 1
James Foytlin Ridgewood Blog Author At Graydon (Oct '08) Jan '16 Flakey Foytlin 3
News The best dishes I ate this month (Jul '14) Jul '14 DDD 1

Ho-Ho-Kus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ho-Ho-Kus Mortgages