Atrocities

Hodgenville, KY

#547 Jul 11, 2012
Sarah wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Christains are civilized in that respect.
This is what Christians did when they had the power to do so:

As soon as Christianity was legal (315), more and more pagan temples were destroyed by Christian mob. Pagan priests were killed.

Between 315 and 6th century thousands of pagan believers were slain.
Examples of destroyed Temples: the Sanctuary of Aesculap in Aegaea, the Temple of Aphrodite in Golgatha, Aphaka in Lebanon, the Heliopolis.
Christian priests such as Mark of Arethusa or Cyrill of Heliopolis were famous as "temple destroyer."

Pagan services became punishable by death in 356.

Christian Emperor Theodosius (408-450) even had children executed, because they had been playing with remains of pagan statues.
According to Christian chroniclers he "followed meticulously all Christian teachings..."

In 6th century pagans were declared void of all rights.

In the early fourth century the philosopher Sopatros was executed on demand of Christian authorities.

The world famous female philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria was torn to pieces with glass fragments by a hysterical Christian mob led by a Christian minister named Peter, in a church, in 415.

Emperor Karl (Charlemagne) in 782 had 4500 Saxons, unwilling to convert to Christianity, beheaded.

Peasants of Steding (Germany) unwilling to pay suffocating church taxes: between 5,000 and 11,000 men, women and children slain 5/27/1234 near Altenesch/Germany.

Christian chronicler Eckehard of Aura noted that "even the following summer in all of palestine the air was polluted by the stench of decomposition". One million victims of the first crusade alone.

Rest of Crusades in less detail: until the fall of Akkon 1291 probably 20 million victims (in the Holy land and Arab/Turkish areas alone).

http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm
lies

Grayson, KY

#548 Jul 11, 2012
Atrocities wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what Christians did when they had the power to do so:
As soon as Christianity was legal (315), more and more pagan temples were destroyed by Christian mob. Pagan priests were killed.
Between 315 and 6th century thousands of pagan believers were slain.
Examples of destroyed Temples: the Sanctuary of Aesculap in Aegaea, the Temple of Aphrodite in Golgatha, Aphaka in Lebanon, the Heliopolis.
Christian priests such as Mark of Arethusa or Cyrill of Heliopolis were famous as "temple destroyer."
Pagan services became punishable by death in 356.
Christian Emperor Theodosius (408-450) even had children executed, because they had been playing with remains of pagan statues.
According to Christian chroniclers he "followed meticulously all Christian teachings..."
In 6th century pagans were declared void of all rights.
In the early fourth century the philosopher Sopatros was executed on demand of Christian authorities.
The world famous female philosopher Hypatia of Alexandria was torn to pieces with glass fragments by a hysterical Christian mob led by a Christian minister named Peter, in a church, in 415.
Emperor Karl (Charlemagne) in 782 had 4500 Saxons, unwilling to convert to Christianity, beheaded.
Peasants of Steding (Germany) unwilling to pay suffocating church taxes: between 5,000 and 11,000 men, women and children slain 5/27/1234 near Altenesch/Germany.
Christian chronicler Eckehard of Aura noted that "even the following summer in all of palestine the air was polluted by the stench of decomposition". One million victims of the first crusade alone.
Rest of Crusades in less detail: until the fall of Akkon 1291 probably 20 million victims (in the Holy land and Arab/Turkish areas alone).
http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm
and all that because of a magical mtyhical god
Minister777

Ashland, KY

#549 Jul 11, 2012
-o-o-o- wrote:
<quoted text>
You better leave of with all the your worthless talk talk talk.
I accepted your challenge.
God is going to judge between you and I.
He has set a space of time and then he is going to judge between you and I which one obey his word the most.
And the winner takes all.
You are going to have to prove to them in Heaven that you can walk your talk as you have said you could.
lol
lol
You have no chance not even a prayer against me.
You be sure and give it your best try.
LOL.... Wings of God. Amazing.... and what in the world are you talking about "who obeys the most". What the heck has that got to do with anything. God doesn't place judgment on us for who "obeys" Him the most. All you have to do is disobey once and it is a sin and a sin on par with murder, adultery, etc..... if it wasn't for the fact that sin is sin......"winner takes all" ???? All of what??

You sound like some of the old Japanese super heroes on Chiller that I used to watch as a kid ...lol.. "Beware....hahaha.. I have told you that your weapons have no effect on me because I am "Prince of Space" (add resounding reverb). Those movies used to crack me up and I'm sorry, but your statements remind me of them. At least you are a very entertaining person :)
Minister777

Ashland, KY

#550 Jul 11, 2012
Oh... by the way. I believe that heaven already knows how I walk. How you walk and talk, too. :)
Minister777

Ashland, KY

#551 Jul 11, 2012
lies wrote:
<quoted text>and all that because of a magical mtyhical god
No..... All that because of the Holy Roman Catholic Church.(Not the same Roman Catholic church we know today) But you knew that already, didn't you.:)

Just a question... what in the world is it with all the "magic" stuff?? God isn't a magical God. That is something your very illogical imagination came up with. You and those like you are always intrigued with magic of some sort. There is no magic, just illusions. If there were actual magic I'm sure some scientist would have a theory or some kind of evidence of how it works. But even the magicians will tell you that it is a simply illusions. God does miracles, not magic. Weird..... that's something you "didn't" know. Hmmmmm
say what

Hodgenville, KY

#552 Jul 11, 2012
Minister777 wrote:
<quoted text>
God does miracles, not magic.
No miracles today.

Yet in ancient times, every god and his brother did miracles.

The gods are readily revealed to the inhabitants, for here statues sweat and move and prophesy, and often shouting occurs in the temple when the sanctuary is locked, and many have heard it.
Lucian, The Syrian Goddess

"The age of miracles is gone. It has died as science and human understanding has progressed. People today are ready to accept that some things are uncaused, and any such event could not therefore have been caused by God. Uncaused events are known in science such as the emission of an electron by an excited atom, or a sub-atomic particle by an unstable atomic nucleus. Nature is the miracle. Understand her and there is no need of all the other petty conjuring tricks that simple, primitive and uneducated people call miracles. Illiterate, ignorant and superstitious people recount miraculous acts, invent a god to bring order into an imperfect world, then have him violating his own laws for trivial reasons. The wonders of nature ought to inspire observers with amazement at Nature, not some figmentary Creator assumed to be necessary to explain it. The wonders of Nature are not, for Christians, miraculous enough."

History Ignores Jesus’s Miracles

"The absence from three hundred histories of that age of the slightest allusion to Jesus or any of his miracles proves with a cogency that no sophistry can contradict that there never was the miraculous being that his disciples claim. The absence of every event of his life from any record except those by his own disciples settles the conclusion beyond argument. The godlike achievements ascribed to him are fictional. He was not famous enough in his day to be an object of general attention.

Christian censors destroyed many famous old histories which naturally no longer exist. Why, though, would they destroy any history that told of the exploits of Jesus? They would not have—unless the reports were not what the bishops of the church wanted anyone to read."

The Fallacy of Miracles

http://www.askwhy.co.uk/christianity/0320Mira...
lies

Grayson, KY

#553 Jul 11, 2012
Minister777 wrote:
<quoted text>
No..... All that because of the Holy Roman Catholic Church.(Not the same Roman Catholic church we know today) But you knew that already, didn't you.:)
Just a question... what in the world is it with all the "magic" stuff?? God isn't a magical God. That is something your very illogical imagination came up with. You and those like you are always intrigued with magic of some sort. There is no magic, just illusions. If there were actual magic I'm sure some scientist would have a theory or some kind of evidence of how it works. But even the magicians will tell you that it is a simply illusions. God does miracles, not magic. Weird..... that's something you "didn't" know. Hmmmmm
if your god can create everything out of nothing i would call it magic ......god pppfffttt lma0 !!!! just a myth
ozzy

New York, NY

#554 Jul 11, 2012
lies wrote:
Except those of biased Christian writers, there isn’t one writing outside the Bible in all of ancient history that clearly refers to Jesus of Nazareth. The decision to dedicate my life to a deity requires at least one shred of conclusive evidence. Your lord knows non believers exist as a result of this, yet he makes no attempt to supply proof. How can the bible claim god wants all in heaven if he doesn’t make efforts to ensure that we all believe in him?
and I quote Luke 3:14 chuck Norris cannot be stopped.
lies

Grayson, KY

#555 Jul 11, 2012
there is about as much of a chance of there being a god as me finding a jug in the creek and givein it a lil rub and barbra eden poping out wearing a genie outfit ...gods. genies. magic its all just myths and fairy tales. wake the heck up its not the dark ages anymore ppl!!!!!!! do yourself a favor and get an education stop reading books on magical mythical gods {aka the bible}
truth

Greenup, KY

#556 Jul 11, 2012
lies wrote:
there is about as much of a chance of there being a god as me finding a jug in the creek and givein it a lil rub and barbra eden poping out wearing a genie outfit ...gods. genies. magic its all just myths and fairy tales. wake the heck up its not the dark ages anymore ppl!!!!!!! do yourself a favor and get an education stop reading books on magical mythical gods {aka the bible}
"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

You know 'lies'...you stand in the middle of a train track and all of those around you are warning you that a train is coming...but you say...I don't believe in trains...and people keep pleading with you to move because a train is coming...and yet you still say...I'm not afraid, I don't believe in trains...You even hear the sound of the whistle, see the headlights, and feel the rumble in the train tracks beneath your feet...and yet you insist that there are no such things as trains and that you don't believe in them... In fact those could be the last words you utter just before impact and your body is splattered for a mile. The point is that although you can deny the reality of trains, you can't change the truth of their existance. The truth is not now nor ever has been dependent upon the believer...it will always be the truth whether a single person believes it or not. You can fill this thread with billions of post...but at no time will you ever change the truth...only your perception of it.
lies

Grayson, KY

#557 Jul 11, 2012
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."
You know 'lies'...you stand in the middle of a train track and all of those around you are warning you that a train is coming...but you say...I don't believe in trains...and people keep pleading with you to move because a train is coming...and yet you still say...I'm not afraid, I don't believe in trains...You even hear the sound of the whistle, see the headlights, and feel the rumble in the train tracks beneath your feet...and yet you insist that there are no such things as trains and that you don't believe in them... In fact those could be the last words you utter just before impact and your body is splattered for a mile. The point is that although you can deny the reality of trains, you can't change the truth of their existance. The truth is not now nor ever has been dependent upon the believer...it will always be the truth whether a single person believes it or not. You can fill this thread with billions of post...but at no time will you ever change the truth...only your perception of it.
trains and magic gods are not even close to the same thing one can see a train but no one has ever seen a god if they do say it thier a lier lol ........try again
Minister777

Argillite, KY

#558 Jul 12, 2012
lies wrote:
<quoted text>trains and magic gods are not even close to the same thing one can see a train but no one has ever seen a god if they do say it thier a lier lol ........try again
I have never seen you nor touch you but yet there you are on my screen. Well..... actually it's just some words on here. So I must believe that you are by faith. Hmmmm. Can you prove to me that you are real without me seeing you? People believe Caesar is real, but I never saw him. Maybe they wrote him up because they needed a character such as him to give them power. The victor can write history any way they want as long as it shows them coming out on top. Many writings have been found that do this very thing. There are truths written out there that no one has ever seen same as there are fables that people take as truth simply because they are ancient writings. I've read some ancient writings that are pure hogwash. Sure it significant in that it is an old writing but that don't make it truth. Many fables and fantasies were written because so many cultures were storytellers and story collectors. What makes the Bible so different is that it was written over a period of 1600 years by over 40 different writers and there is not one contradiction in it. A lot of people try to find contradictions but they simply don't know enough history or have no revelation as to what each book within it is talking about. Just like you. You make the bible say what YOU want it to say. For every contradiction you think you find it can be explained by scholars as no contradiction. Unless you are some kind of spiritual genius you are not even remotely capable of understanding what is right in front of your eyes. You are a sad little man that is in dire need for a close encounter of the 4th kind by the Holy Spirit.

Not only does the bible have no contradictions, every prophecy up to today has came true. And they WERE written before the fact. Science tries to write it off as referring to something entirely different simply to try and justify themselves because if the bible is true then they would have to completely redo their theories.

Explain me something.... All this matter that makes up the universe is theorized to have been varying sizes, even some claiming down to the size of a pin head. And all of a sudden it explode and wa-la... the universe magically appears. Where did that matter come from to begin with? what created it? How, in the infinite reaches of the universe did all this matter just happen to be in the exact same place? They say gravity is simply a by-product of a body sinking into the string layer of this particular universe and the momentum of a moon, etc going around it without falling into it is believable. Tell me what made a weightless mass sink into a string layered universe. What pulled it down? Another parallel universe, maybe? And all of this is simply quantum theories. No facts, just theories unproven. And you think the idea of God is strange and unbelievable?? Read:

Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

You try to put a God who is a spirit to begin with into something physical that you can understand. Explain dark matter. You can't. Like I said before. I love science but it will never prove whether God is real or not because they have no way to scan for a Spirit. Ironic because He is all around us. Always has been and always will be. Problem is that you simply don't understand "spirit"
Failed prophecies

Ashland, KY

#559 Jul 12, 2012
Minister777 wrote:
<quoted text>
every prophecy up to today has came true.
Failed prophecies

Ezekiel incorrectly predicts Babylon would conquer Egypt

Ezekiel incorrectly predicts the destruction of Tyre (Tyrus) by Nebuchadrezzar

Micah incorrectly predicts the destruction of Jerusalem

The prophet Daniel makes some misstatements

Jeremiah predicts the wrong number of years for exile

——————————

Ezekiel predicted Babylon would conquer Egypt and was wrong.

Ezekiel predicts that Nebuchadrezzar of Babylon will conquer Egypt utterly destroying it, slaying and scattering it’s people, and that it will stay uninhabited for 40 years.

In 568 BCE Nebuchadrezzar tried to conquer Egypt and Egypt survived with no apparent damage.

Aahmes ruled for another generation over a prosperous Egypt and lived to see Nebuchadrezzar die. No Egyptians were scattered or dispersed.

(Ezek 29:10 NRSV) therefore, I am against you, and against your channels, and I will make the land of Egypt an utter waste and desolation, from Migdol to Syene, as far as the border of Ethiopia.

(Ezek 29:11 NRSV) No human foot shall pass through it, and no animal foot shall pass through it; it shall be uninhabited forty years.

(Ezek 29:12 NRSV) I will make the land of Egypt a desolation among desolated countries; and her cities shall be a desolation forty years among cities that are laid waste. I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and disperse them among the countries.

(Ezek 30:10 NRSV) Thus says the Lord GOD: I will put an end to the hordes of Egypt, by the hand of King Nebuchadrezzar of Babylon.

(Ezek 30:11 NRSV) He and his people with him, the most terrible of the nations, shall be brought in to destroy the land; and they shall draw their swords against Egypt, and fill the
land with the slain.

——————————

Ezekiel predicts the destruction of Tyre (Tyrus) by Nebuchadrezzar and is wrong again.

Ezekiel incorrectly predicts that the island of Tyre (Tyrus) will be utterly destroyed and "made a bare rock" which will "never be rebuilt".

At the time of the prediction, it seemed like to be a sure thing, but 13 years of seige later Nebuchadrezzar gives up. The Island of Tyre is not destroyed or even conquered. It is not made
"a bare rock" that will "never be rebuilt".

Ezekiel admits his error in Ezek 29:17

(Here the conquest of Trye looks like a sure thing so Ezekiel makes his prediction)

(Ezek 26:1 NRSV) In the eleventh year, on the first day of the month, the word of the LORD came to me:

(Ezek 26:7 NRSV) For thus says the Lord GOD: I will bring against Tyre from the north King Nebuchadrezzar of Babylon, king of kings, together with horses, chariots, cavalry, and a great
and powerful army.

(Ezek 26:14 NRSV) I will make you a bare rock; you shall be a place for spreading nets. You shall never again be rebuilt, for I the LORD have spoken, says the Lord GOD.

(Ezek 27:32 NRSV) In their wailing they raise a lamentation for you, and lament over you: "Who was ever destroyed like Tyre in the midst of the sea?

(13 years of futile effort by Nebuchadrezzar later…)

(Ezek 29:17 NRSV) In the twenty-seventh year, in the first month, on the first day of the month, the word of the LORD came to me:

(Here Ezekiel admits he was wrong)

(Ezek 29:18 NRSV) Mortal, King Nebuchadrezzar of Babylon made his army labor hard against Tyre; every head was made bald and every shoulder was rubbed bare; yet neither he nor his army got anything from Tyre to pay for the labor that he had expended against it.

(So he then predicts that God decides to give Egypt to him instead, another Ezekiel prophecy that completely failed)
Failed prophecies

Ashland, KY

#560 Jul 12, 2012
Micah predicts the destruction of Jerusalem (which at the time was about to be invaded by Sennacherib and seemed inevitable) blaming the destruction on the corruption of the priesthood of Judah.

Jerusalem was sieged, but the destruction didn’t happen.

A century later Jeremiah quotes Micah and tries to excuse the failed prophecy by saying that "the Lord changed his mind" about that destruction.

(Micah 3:12 NRSV) Therefore because of you Zion shall be plowed as a field; Jerusalem shall become a heap of ruins, and the mountain of the house a wooded height.

(~100 years and no destruction later…)

(Jer 26:18 NRSV) "Micah of Moresheth, who prophesied during the days of King Hezekiah of Judah, said to all the people of Judah:‘Thus says the LORD of hosts, Zion shall be plowed as a field; Jerusalem shall become a heap of ruins, and the mountain of the house a wooded height.’

(Jer 26:19 NRSV) Did King Hezekiah of Judah and all Judah actually put him to death? Did he not fear the LORD and entreat the favor of the LORD, and did not the LORD change his mind about the disaster that he had pronounced against them?…

——————————

The prophet Daniel incorrectly states that in the third year of the reign of King Jehoiakim, Nebuchadnezzar will conquer Judah.

The third year of Jehoiakim’s reign was 606 BCE, at which time Nebuchadnezzar was not yet king of Babylon. It was in 597 BCE that Nebuchadnezzar takes Jerusalem, by then Jehoiakim had died.

(Dan 1:1 NRSV) In the third year of the reign of King Jehoiakim of Judah, King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon came to Jerusalem and besieged it.

(Dan 1:2 NRSV) The Lord let King Jehoiakim of Judah fall into his power, as well as some of the vessels of the house of God. These he brought to the land of Shinar, and placed the vessels in the treasury of his gods.

——————————

Jeremiah incorrectly predicts 70 years for the Babylonian exiles but they only lasted 59 years.

The 1rst exile started in 597 BCE when Nebuchadnezzar first takes Jerusalem and appoints Zedekiah king (Judah’s last king). Nebuchadnezzar has temple equipment taken away.

The start of the 2nd exile was in 586 BCE when Nebuchadnezzar takes Jerusalem a second time putting down a rebellion and destroys the temple.

The end comes in 538 BCE when Cyrus takes Babylon and ends the Babylonian kingdom. Jews are then allowed to return to Judah.

(Jer 29:10 NRSV) For thus says the LORD: Only when Babylon’s seventy years are completed will I visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place.
Failed prophecies

Ashland, KY

#561 Jul 12, 2012
lies

Grayson, KY

#562 Jul 12, 2012
Minister777 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never seen you nor touch you but yet there you are on my screen. Well..... actually it's just some words on here. So I must believe that you are by faith. Hmmmm. Can you prove to me that you are real without me seeing you? People believe Caesar is real, but I never saw him. Maybe they wrote him up because they needed a character such as him to give them power. The victor can write history any way they want as long as it shows them coming out on top. Many writings have been found that do this very thing. There are truths written out there that no one has ever seen same as there are fables that people take as truth simply because they are ancient writings. I've read some ancient writings that are pure hogwash. Sure it significant in that it is an old writing but that don't make it truth. Many fables and fantasies were written because so many cultures were storytellers and story collectors. What makes the Bible so different is that it was written over a period of 1600 years by over 40 different writers and there is not one contradiction in it. A lot of people try to find contradictions but they simply don't know enough history or have no revelation as to what each book within it is talking about. Just like you. You make the bible say what YOU want it to say. For every contradiction you think you find it can be explained by scholars as no contradiction. Unless you are some kind of spiritual genius you are not even remotely capable of understanding what is right in front of your eyes. You are a sad little man that is in dire need for a close encounter of the 4th kind by the Holy Spirit.
Not only does the bible have no contradictions, every prophecy up to today has came true. And they WERE written before the fact. Science tries to write it off as referring to something entirely different simply to try and justify themselves because if the bible is true then they would have to completely redo their theories.
Explain me something.... All this matter that makes up the universe is theorized to have been varying sizes, even some claiming down to the size of a pin head. And all of a sudden it explode and wa-la... the universe magically appears. Where did that matter come from to begin with? what created it? How, in the infinite reaches of the universe did all this matter just happen to be in the exact same place? They say gravity is simply a by-product of a body sinking into the string layer of this particular universe and the momentum of a moon, etc going around it without falling into it is believable. Tell me what made a weightless mass sink into a string layered universe. What pulled it down? Another parallel universe, maybe? And all of this is simply quantum theories. No facts, just theories unproven. And you think the idea of God is strange and unbelievable?? Read:
Joh 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
You try to put a God who is a spirit to begin with into something physical that you can understand. Explain dark matter. You can't. Like I said before. I love science but it will never prove whether God is real or not because they have no way to scan for a Spirit. Ironic because He is all around us. Always has been and always will be. Problem is that you simply don't understand "spirit"
science cant prove anything to a brainwashed bible thumper who lacks a modern education and reads books of fairy tales and mythical magical gods
lies

Grayson, KY

#563 Jul 12, 2012
try puttting down books of myths{ aka the bible} and get a education
lies

Grayson, KY

#564 Jul 12, 2012
clearly some ppl lack even the basic understanding of science
lies

Grayson, KY

#565 Jul 12, 2012
i think most ppl when they get older they look for some kinda hope that death isnt the end and the bible gives them that little bit of hope but lets face it the bible is just a book wrote by uneducated men a very long time ago and they had no understanding of science and evolution so the things they could not explain they thought is was some kind of gods work and its as simple as that .there never was and never will be any kind of magical god

“THE LAKE OF FIRE”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#566 Jul 12, 2012
Minister777 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL.... Wings of God. Amazing.... and what in the world are you talking about "who obeys the most". What the heck has that got to do with anything. God doesn't place judgment on us for who "obeys" Him the most. All you have to do is disobey once and it is a sin and a sin on par with murder, adultery, etc..... if it wasn't for the fact that sin is sin......"winner takes all" ???? All of what??
You sound like some of the old Japanese super heroes on Chiller that I used to watch as a kid ...lol.. "Beware....hahaha.. I have told you that your weapons have no effect on me because I am "Prince of Space" (add resounding reverb). Those movies used to crack me up and I'm sorry, but your statements remind me of them. At least you are a very entertaining person :)
Jesus made me Lord over you.

I rule over you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hitchins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KDMC grayson (Aug '14) 17 min bear 13
bi 1 hr gays 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Paula 135,045
cinncinnati restoration church (Jan '09) 2 hr Jim 70
Kiser tax services 2 hr REALLY 9
Action Tire 2 hr was there yesterd... 15
2 timing Bobby Hall 3 hr Curious 4
Hitchins Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hitchins People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]