Panel: No pit bull restrictions

Panel: No pit bull restrictions

There are 14 comments on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution story from Oct 19, 2010, titled Panel: No pit bull restrictions. In it, Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that:

If Gwinnett County officials want to restrict pit bull ownership, they'll do it without the support of their own citizens' advisory panel.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#1 Oct 20, 2010
But Jennifer Wagner of Snellville, who owns two pit bulls, said she would have to go to great expense to keep her animals. She called the ordinance unfair.

"I am trying to teach my daughter not to judge people by the way they look, but by their behavior. Now the county wants to teach her that her beloved dogs are too dangerous to own, not due to anything they have done, but purely because of the way they look," she said.

Hey Ms. Wagner, a big dog'll kill and eat a smaller dog and not because of some form of discrimination. They also sniff each others butts and roll around in each others poo. Why? They're dogs, not people. Nor is a fish a person nor a deer or a rabbit. Stop believing the Disney version of animals that they all live in a harmonious world (with the exception of the evil Mr. Wolf who should be hunted down and killed). That's all BS.
eieiou812

Lithia Springs, GA

#2 Oct 20, 2010
Pluto is a dog and Goofy appears to be one.
Pluto acts like a dog, but Goofy acts like a human.
What gives, Disney?

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#3 Oct 20, 2010
eieiou812 wrote:
Pluto is a dog and Goofy appears to be one.
Pluto acts like a dog, but Goofy acts like a human.
What gives, Disney?
Just once I'd like to see in the middle of a Disney cartoon Pluto start humping a wet umprella or scooting along on his rump cause of worms......that's how real dogs act.
a bit silly

Stone Mountain, GA

#4 Oct 20, 2010
spitfire2 wrote:
But Jennifer Wagner of Snellville, who owns two pit bulls, said she would have to go to great expense to keep her animals. She called the ordinance unfair.
"I am trying to teach my daughter not to judge people by the way they look, but by their behavior. Now the county wants to teach her that her beloved dogs are too dangerous to own, not due to anything they have done, but purely because of the way they look," she said.
Hey Ms. Wagner, a big dog'll kill and eat a smaller dog and not because of some form of discrimination. They also sniff each others butts and roll around in each others poo. Why? They're dogs, not people. Nor is a fish a person nor a deer or a rabbit. Stop believing the Disney version of animals that they all live in a harmonious world (with the exception of the evil Mr. Wolf who should be hunted down and killed). That's all BS.
It's the City of Douglasville not Douglas County. And comparing this to Disney is just a bit silly. I do not agree with a pit bull ban, I would however be in favor of a dangerous dog ordinance. Assuming it would actually be enforced. But this only applies to City of Douglasville residents, not County residents.

Since: Oct 08

Atlanta, GA

#5 Oct 20, 2010
spitfire2 wrote:
But Jennifer Wagner of Snellville, who owns two pit bulls, said she would have to go to great expense to keep her animals. She called the ordinance unfair.
"I am trying to teach my daughter not to judge people by the way they look, but by their behavior. Now the county wants to teach her that her beloved dogs are too dangerous to own, not due to anything they have done, but purely because of the way they look," she said.
Hey Ms. Wagner, a big dog'll kill and eat a smaller dog and not because of some form of discrimination. They also sniff each others butts and roll around in each others poo. Why? They're dogs, not people. Nor is a fish a person nor a deer or a rabbit. Stop believing the Disney version of animals that they all live in a harmonious world (with the exception of the evil Mr. Wolf who should be hunted down and killed). That's all BS.
I just wonder what this women would think if the beloved dogs attacked her child. Would she side with the dogs and say her child deserved it?

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#6 Oct 21, 2010
ANON ME wrote:
<quoted text>
I just wonder what this women would think if the beloved dogs attacked her child. Would she side with the dogs and say her child deserved it?
Ever see the post attack interview after the (lion, tiger, bear, whale, pack of wild dogs, etc) eats the trainer? "We were all surprised, it never did that before". Really? I'm thinking that if it had done that before, we wouldn't now be standing here watching it digest this trainer who thought "It won't eat me".

Since: Oct 08

Atlanta, GA

#7 Oct 21, 2010
spitfire2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever see the post attack interview after the (lion, tiger, bear, whale, pack of wild dogs, etc) eats the trainer? "We were all surprised, it never did that before". Really? I'm thinking that if it had done that before, we wouldn't now be standing here watching it digest this trainer who thought "It won't eat me".
I've always loved wild animals and like to get a little too close. It's just human nature. But, I expect one day I'll be bitten or worse. I feel like I have a connection with some animals. Thankfully, I know that's all in my head and am realistic with the knowledge that no matter how sweet and cuddly, they'll each you for breakfast.

Since: Aug 10

Douglas County Ga

#8 Oct 21, 2010
I do not understand why the people of Gwinnett co. were even against that ordinance? It is nothing like what Douglasville was proposing, which would have banned all future Pit Bulls here. The Gwinnett co. ordinance would have required those who own certain breeds to show proof of liability ins., have them in a fence at all times and keep a muzzle on them when they have them out in public. If I owned one of those breeds, I would have zero issues with the above proposed things.

“Rally to restore sanity”

Since: Sep 10

Doncaster

#9 Oct 28, 2010
GREAT NEWS!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10 Oct 31, 2010
eieiou812 wrote:
Pluto is a dog and Goofy appears to be one.
Pluto acts like a dog, but Goofy acts like a human.
What gives, Disney?
Who knows?
Susie Smith

Pawleys Island, SC

#11 Feb 16, 2018
BiscuitsNGravy wrote:
I do not understand why the people of Gwinnett co. were even against that ordinance? It is nothing like what Douglasville was proposing, which would have banned all future Pit Bulls here. The Gwinnett co. ordinance would have required those who own certain breeds to show proof of liability ins., have them in a fence at all times and keep a muzzle on them when they have them out in public. If I owned one of those breeds, I would have zero issues with the above proposed things.
Yes you would. My dogs wouldnít know how to act with a muzzle. Dogs need to know they can defend them self if they need to. Many dogs a leash aggressive. Not mine but Iíve seen it so many times. Did you know that Cocker Spaniels are known for Cocker Rage? If you want to see an aggressive sog, google that. Itís common in the breed because of the inbreeding. They have a brain deformity and it causes them to strike even beloved family memebeds. My point is you truly canít judge a book by its cover and these dogs should not be treated like criminals when they have done nothing to deserve it. Most people would t know a lot if they saw one. Did you know thepittie won the best of breed this year in the terrier group. My dogs rescued me and I couldnít live without them. Dunk is afraid of his own shadow and Lucy has been attacked numerous times at the park and she shakes it off and we leave. Iíll add, sheís never been attacked by a bully breed. I will tell you what is very scary. A Saint Bernard with no training andinyact. That is a dog that can not be controlled.
Roger

Gatlinburg, TN

#12 Feb 17, 2018
The solution is to require owners to have a $100,000 liability insurance policy on them. Many communities already require that.
Paco Taco

Lawrenceville, GA

#13 Feb 26, 2018
BiscuitsNGravy wrote:
I do not understand why the people of Gwinnett co. were even against that ordinance? It is nothing like what Douglasville was proposing, which would have banned all future Pit Bulls here. The Gwinnett co. ordinance would have required those who own certain breeds to show proof of liability ins., have them in a fence at all times and keep a muzzle on them when they have them out in public. If I owned one of those breeds, I would have zero issues with the above proposed things.
Leave us alone in Gwinnett. Biscuits and gravy are for white people, we are trying to make Gwinnett brown (and blue) so that we can overtake this country. Do I have to bring my pitty over to Doug Co to make you just your trap? MYOB you biscuit and gravy eating redneck
Tim Richardson

Jonesboro, GA

#14 Mar 8, 2018
spitfire2 wrote:
But Jennifer Wagner of Snellville, who owns two pit bulls, said she would have to go to great expense to keep her animals. She called the ordinance unfair.

"I am trying to teach my daughter not to judge people by the way they look, but by their behavior. Now the county wants to teach her that her beloved dogs are too dangerous to own, not due to anything they have done, but purely because of the way they look," she said.

Hey Ms. Wagner, a big dog'll kill and eat a smaller dog and not because of some form of discrimination. They also sniff each others butts and roll around in each others poo. Why? They're dogs, not people. Nor is a fish a person nor a deer or a rabbit. Stop believing the Disney version of animals that they all live in a harmonious world (with the exception of the evil Mr. Wolf who should be hunted down and killed). That's all BS.
Pits are as likely to attack dogs as any other dogs. It's all about how they were raised.
So no Ms Wagner is not in any way wrong. You're just hateful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiram Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Auto break-ins called crimes of opportunity 45 min Lisa phillips 1
News Members of drug cartel get combined 75 years in... 5 hr Username 1
mount carmel principal 10 years prison (Feb '15) 10 hr Branson 6
Review: El TIO Mexican Restaurant (Mar '13) 14 hr Tolerman 8
News Douglas commissioners narrowly approve grant to... 23 hr Username 9
DCSS BOE Raising Taxes and Wasting Money Wed Parent 8
Twisted Pickle Closed??? Aug 14 Billy 5

Hiram Jobs

Personal Finance

Hiram Mortgages