Lia Sophia Jewelry - Lifetime Replace...
angelina cross

Tucson, AZ

#247 Jun 29, 2010
I've read most of previous posts. Wow!
As a jeweler for Premier Designs, I have this to add:
PD has a fabulous guarantee. If a piece of PD jewelry you bought has a manufacturer's defect within the first 60 days of purchase, you can get it replaced w/o the receipt for free. After 60 days, a piece with a manufacturer's defect gets replaced for $5 to cover the shipping and handling BOTH ways.
The jewelry is reasonably priced: anywhere from $8.00 to $106 being the highest. With over 900 pcs. to choose from, more than 30% are under $25.
I'd say that's a reasonable price range.
I think people expect more from home party companies than from brick and mortar businesses i.e. if I buy something from Wal-Mart, I have to have my receipt to return it and there is usually a time limit of, say, 30, 60, or 90 days. Most direct sales companies have much longer, if not lifetime, guarantees.
Someone above here said PD did not have a guarantee. So wrong. My customers love our return policy. The customer calls me with a broken piece. I immediately go on-line to the company and enter in the return/exchange. Premier processes it immediately. I send a postage paid labeled envelope to my customer. She simply drops the jewelry in the bag and then into the nearest mailbox. No lines. Awesome.
Jewels by Park Lane is beautiful. Lia Sophia is beautiful. Now, I will not comment on their return policies, b/c I am not educated about their companies.
If you have a problem with an item from Wal-Mart do you gon on-line and tell how awful they are? Probably not - you probably take the item back and they refund your $. It doesn't make all their products junk. It just makes the item you purchased unacceptable.
I really feel the public holds direct sales to a much higher standard. Try walking a mile in our shoes. It's hard work.
Harriet

Ann Arbor, MI

#248 Jul 8, 2010
I'm a new Advisor for lia sophia and so far have had good reports from my clients. I did have one person who purchased an item that had a manufacturing defauly and unfortunately she threw away the receipt. What am I going to do for her? I will purchase the item with my next show and replace her item. Will I do this for all clients, no. I can't and it wouldn't be smart, however, I do want my clients to know that I am on their side and will work very hard for them.
Harriet
Your lia sophia Advisor
www.liasophia.com/harriethughes
Covering Washtenaw (Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti) and Kalamazoo Counties.
Harriet - lia sophia

Ann Arbor, MI

#249 Jul 8, 2010
I posted a message earlier. My email is harriet.hughes@ymail.com. Thanks, h
Your lia sophia Advisor
harriet.hughes@ymail.com
Ellen Kaduk

Loves Park, IL

#250 Jul 11, 2010
I am with a company called jewels by park lane's and if there are any managers from other direct sales companies out there, my company is looking to hire managers

please call me for a no obligation interview..this business costs nothign to get started but $ 5.00

Please contact me today for a managment position

ellenkaduk@gmail.com
Tina

Columbus, OH

#251 Jul 21, 2010
Yngri E Gonzalez wrote:
DONT TRUST LIA SOPHIA! I've been dealing with this "reputable" company for over a year and their customer service is atrocious! My jewelry party hostess disappeared (changed her email, disconnected her phone) and never sent me the receipts for my family and friends, which makes it impossible to return anything. Furthermore they have NEVER replied to any of my emails, except for a false claim that their customer service head would call me at the end of their business day.... that was this summer '06.... its winter '07.
USE SOMEONE ELSE.... THEY ARE IRRESPONSIBLE with their clients!
**********All you have to do is call Lia Sophia. If you know the hostess name and when the party was they will send you the information you need. It is that simple. I returned something from 3 years ago and I paid 5 to get new jewerly.
Tina

Columbus, OH

#252 Jul 21, 2010
Harriet wrote:
I'm a new Advisor for lia sophia and so far have had good reports from my clients. I did have one person who purchased an item that had a manufacturing defauly and unfortunately she threw away the receipt. What am I going to do for her? I will purchase the item with my next show and replace her item. Will I do this for all clients, no. I can't and it wouldn't be smart, however, I do want my clients to know that I am on their side and will work very hard for them.
Harriet
Your lia sophia Advisor
Covering Washtenaw (Ann Arbor, Ypsilanti) and Kalamazoo Counties.
If you have the hostess name and date of the party then she can have it replaced. The original receipt is important but is not needed. Call Lia Sophia directly. If a csr gives you a hard time as for a supervisor. They will replace it.
Tina

Columbus, OH

#253 Jul 21, 2010
taken wrote:
it's funny how the only supporters of this junk jewelery are the ones who work selling the stuff for the millionaire owners!!
Umm, actually I do not sell it and I have supported it because I like it. Remember, it is costume jewerly. Also, remember that it is 100% guaranteed for life. I have returned a necklace that I bought 3 years ago and I did not have original receipt. So there goes your theory.
Frustrated in Dallas

Richardson, TX

#254 Aug 3, 2010
I'm terribly frustrated with Park Lane. I sent back several items to exchange in May and still haven't heard back. I've tried calling and emailing. I was just on the phone for over 30 minutes to get transferred to 3 different people. Their customer service is horrible!!
Dena Petri wrote:
I used to sell lia sophia jewelry. I was a manager with them for over 3 years. I have recently switched to a different company for varioius reasons, but on the subject of returns Jewels By Park Lane is EXCEPTIONAL. You don't need a receipt, just send in $5 for handling and they will send you a brand new item. If it is an item that is discontinued, you get credit for something current. I would love to introduce you to Jewels By Park Lane, their customer specials and hostess plan will BLOW YOU AWAY!! Please contact me for more information. dena_sparkles@hotmail.com
Kris

Mesa, AZ

#255 Aug 8, 2010
I went to one of these parties last week... kind of felt compelled to order something though the prices are high and this stuff does not appear to be any better than anything else. The hostess admitted the stuff was made in China! I should be getting my jewelry shortly but I doubt I'll buy again. I've bought Silpada in the past and it's been decent. I can get the same, or better, quality of jewelry at department stores that's cheaper. I really dont care about lifetime guarantee. After youve owned something for a certain length of time, unless it's a diamond ring, alot of it is not worth fixing or replacing.
DCCindy

Springfield, VA

#256 Sep 5, 2010
Lia Sophia jewelry is cheap! I strongly suggest that if you are going to buy this crap, check out K-mart or Target. They actually carry the exact same jewelry at far less than half the cost. I purchased a necklace that broke after the fourth time I wore it. They wouldn't give me my money back, so the only option was to pay $5 to exchange it for another piece of cheaply made, overpriced jewlery. And guess what? That piece broke too. I asked the company to refund my money, but they refused. So now I am stuck with a $68 broken necklace, or I have to pay yet another $5 to exchange it. What a RIP OFF!!!
Jessica Richmond

Manitowoc, WI

#257 Sep 15, 2010
Frustrated in Dallas wrote:
I'm terribly frustrated with Park Lane. I sent back several items to exchange in May and still haven't heard back. I've tried calling and emailing. I was just on the phone for over 30 minutes to get transferred to 3 different people. Their customer service is horrible!!
<quoted text>
Were you able to get your issue resolved? Please email me at bryces_mom83@yahoo.com, and I will try to help!
Teresa

Sterling, IL

#258 Sep 28, 2010
My coworker and I just received our jewelry from a party we attended on 9/16/10. My coworker ordered a necklace from the Kiam collection. She took it out of the box, and the chain looked funny. On closer inspection we saw where the chain had been broken and was fixed with a piece of wire. also, the necklace she had ordered as a gift for her daughter-in-law was missing a stone! Apparently there is no quality control there. In looking at the broken necklace, our guess is that it was returned used and someone at the company patched it up and put it back in stock. So please, do not insult our intelligence and say this is quality jewelry. It is expensive junk.
Cate

Bloomington, IL

#259 Oct 15, 2010
Some of you people are down right rude. Shame on you. You should think a bit more before you blurt out your inconcise responses about a company you don't know squat about. I own many pieces of lia sophia jewelry and every single piece is gorgeous and has it's own unique aspects. The jewelry is priced for what it's worth. Obviously higher quality jewelry is going to cost more that the pieces without any of the natural charms in them. Almost all of this jewelry has some type of natural charms in it. Some have pearl, mother of pearl, tigers eye, and may other natural charms to be named. The gold is all 22kt gold electroplated, and the silver is rhodium just like what is on a wedding ring. I'll admitt that some of the jewelry cases problems with my ears but I've always had that problem. If you have that problem you have it no matter what. So shame on you people who are blaming it on lia sophia. This is a great company so if you don't like it keep your peace rather. in most cases it's the bitter citizen who won't grant themselves a gift every once in awhile who tries to take down a company that has done no wrong to them! think about that for a bit BITTER CITIZEN
Lynn Andreske

Escanaba, MI

#260 Oct 20, 2010
Eileen wrote:
I am so disappointed with the Lia Sophia product. I attended a party two months ago and ordered over $200 in jewelry including one piece that I gave to someone for a gift. It all turned a dull, dark gray color after only wearing it a couple of times, including the gift. How embarassing! In having conversations with my friend who hosted the party, I discovered that everyone is having problems with their jewelry that attended her party. My friend bought a gold link bracelet and the gold peeled off after the first time she wore it. I think the jewelry is crap! We’re in the process of trying to see if they will stand by the junk and give us back our money. We’ll see what happens; I hope they handle it properly.
It's too bad your friend and you had this experience. And I know when you feel frustrated it's easy to be LOUD! Our customer service will be able to help you through the process to get the item replaced, refunded if within the 45 days, or exchanged for something else.
It would be hard to find a STORE that would do that for you at any point after the sale..and certainly not 10-15 or more years from the date of purchase.
Reading the post, It would be highly unlikely that everyone had the same discoloration issue with every piece purchased. With the millions sold each year, some pieces have issues true~stones fall out, chains break, etc. The issue of discoloration for people usually is the result of the high PH in a persons body. That means it is very acidy and the surface of the jewelry items react to that acidity. It can also be the result of a person using hand sanitizers or body lotions, or sprays that react with the GOLD or RHODIUM in our lia sophia pieces. We advise this: Always put your hair spray or body mist on BEFORE your jewelry...not putting it where the jewelry will touch you. Take your rings off while using the sanitizer and sanitizing hand soaps.
Personally if I eat tomato based products that raise the acidity in my body, my wedding ring turns my finger black.
Common sense things will help. Also, always clean your jewelry when you remove it. A cleaning and polishing cloth is something I give out as a gift to each new person purchasing with me for the first time!
And YES it is true, some women simply cannot wear our line of jewelry...no matter what. Sorry they will miss out. To date I have sold over $200,000 worth of lia sophia jewelry and I can trace back every single return for exchange or defect. Less than 1% are from defects or issues.
Our items are made of very high quality materials. Gold, and Rhodium (a member of the Platinum family of metal, with a high luster, no mar finish)and surgical steel earring posts for the maximum hypo-allergenic base. We meet the federal standards for materials used.
With people like Oprah and numerous other celebs wearing our items, we know we are a quality product.
Every day you can purchase our line of jewelry with our buy 3, your most expensive item @ half off plan. And each month we then have a bonus buy option such as 3 extra necklaces at half off, or 3 pairs of earrings or bracelets @ half off. lia sophia is a generous company to its customers.
Hosts earn 20-40% of their show sales in Jewelry..that they select! There are bonus buy options~$100 items for $15, and half off buy offers as well. Hosts are asked to make a guest list, serve a light refreshment and let the advisor do the rest!
I love what I do and have shared this business and Sponsored in over 30 women across the US. Take a peek at our latest catalog and see why they joined and what they are sharing. www.liasophia.com/lynnandreske
If you need further help, have questions about the jewelry, biz or anything lia sophia related, I'd be happy to help. You can reach me through the website above.
This business has blessed so many women I know. And in the direct sales industry has a top rating. Make your day a blessed one!
Scammed

Puyallup, WA

#261 Oct 20, 2010
If you really want to wear this crap, go to eBay. They have all the same jewelry at pennies on the dollar, shipped straight from China. There are thousands of pieces of LS jewelry!

When I placed my order the rep put my credit card number through the bank twice. She denies it and wants a copy of my bank statement as proof. I am not about to send a copy of my bank statement to anyone! Will she want my Social Security number next?

I wonder how often this happens and people miss it....
Schmec

Dallas, TX

#262 Nov 1, 2010
This is not true. You have a lifetime replacement guarantee on anything and everything you purchase. You just have to make sure you keep the receipt. There is only a $5 to return or exchange IF after 60 days. Make sure you get the story straight before complaining about a great company!
Virginia wrote:
I paid $38.40 tax and all for a small silver ring with two hearts on it. This piece of junk!!! is now copper colored with specks of silver here and there. I'm on oyxgen 24/7, I can no longer clean, so I haven't had my hands in harsh anything. I was going to mail it back and get my money back when I got out the magnifing glass to read their small print, that said you have to return it in 45 days. WHAT A RIP OFF COMPANY. I am turning them into the consumer protection agency in my state and everyone else should do the same.
annoymous

Abbotsford, Canada

#263 Nov 15, 2010
I hosted a party, and doing so I needed to receive atleast $250 in sales before I recieved any hostess benifits and there had to be atleast 3 people purchasing the jewlerry. I only had 2 who purchased and wasn't close to $250 so I was willing to buy more stuff that I didn't need to make it $250 to get the benifits of the hostess deals. When all said and done the rep said the next day she had to split my order and charge me more for me to get the same items. So in the end I cancelled my order completly and out of support still bought a few items just to help my friend out in her business, no other reason. When she found this info out I only had 1 day to change and correct everything. All I can say is PATHETIC.
Lynn Andreske

Escanaba, MI

#264 Nov 16, 2010
annoymous wrote:
I hosted a party, and doing so I needed to receive atleast $250 in sales before I recieved any hostess benifits and there had to be atleast 3 people purchasing the jewlerry. I only had 2 who purchased and wasn't close to $250 so I was willing to buy more stuff that I didn't need to make it $250 to get the benifits of the hostess deals. When all said and done the rep said the next day she had to split my order and charge me more for me to get the same items. So in the end I cancelled my order completly and out of support still bought a few items just to help my friend out in her business, no other reason. When she found this info out I only had 1 day to change and correct everything. All I can say is PATHETIC.
The truth on the Show Sales Requirements:
Have $250 in sales from guests orders and the hosts half off purchases
Have at least 2 orders (can be 1 guest and the hostesses half off purchases)
If your show was not $250 and you were close, you should have been able to look for another person to order or select some half off pieces to bump you to the $250...perhaps you were quite a ways away? And not sure why if you cancelled your order, you would have then placed a single order?for support of someone...I'd love to help with that but not sure I get what you are writing here.
Lynn Andreske

Escanaba, MI

#265 Nov 16, 2010
Scammed wrote:
If you really want to wear this crap, go to eBay. They have all the same jewelry at pennies on the dollar, shipped straight from China. There are thousands of pieces of LS jewelry!
When I placed my order the rep put my credit card number through the bank twice. She denies it and wants a copy of my bank statement as proof. I am not about to send a copy of my bank statement to anyone! Will she want my Social Security number next?
Goodness. LIA SOPHIA is the number 1 Fashion Jewelry Co in the US. We are also in Cananda and Germany.

First on you CC...the rep would not have submitted the order 2 intentionally, it may have been a Corp snafu, and you should be talking to them about the issue 800-959-3324. They can do a quick reverse for you. Just as Wmart double scans things from time to time, this may happen anywhere. I've not ever had it happen but am world savvy enough to know it probably could.

NEXT,~The items you will find on EBAY are in two catagories. And yes there are thousands, just like there are thousands of pieces of Tupperware, toys, handbags, watches etc.
1. REAL lia sophia pieces being sold with NO WARRANTY
2. Knock offs being passed on as real lia sophia.. a rip off and no warranty

LIA SOPHIA prides itself on having great pieces that are guaranteed FOREVER. Get it replaced with the same thing if still current in our catalog. Or if not, get a merchandise credit to shop with for the full retail value of the piece whether you bought it at full, half or bonus pricing! FOREVER! You just need to have the Company issued Warranty Sheet that comes with every order.((the advisor who sold you the item has a copy))

HTH you for the future.
eBay Fake jewelry

New London, CT

#266 Nov 20, 2010
Hi, PLEASE DO NOT BUY lia sophia jewelry from eBay. 99% of the "lia sophia" branded jewelry listed on eBay is counterfeit.
I'm a lia sophia advisor and I'm not here to scold you for purchasing counterfeit goods ...if you wanna buy FAKE jewerly, purses, shoes, etc etc. etc. then go ahead. Just know the health hazzard that comes with counterfeit goods.
The big big big (did I stress this enough?) problem with buying fake/counterfeit merchandise is the lead content. Yup, fake stuff is going to have a MUCH higher lead content than what is allowed by law. Lead poisioning leads to organ failure, disables the nervous system,
Lead is cheap ...for example lead based paint is 1/3 the cost of lead free paint. Therefore to produce cheap counterfeit goods, lead is freely used.
Goods coming from reputable companies like lia sophia, Betsy Johnson, David Yuman, Channel are required (and tested) by law to meet strict lead guidelines.
Counterfeit merchandise DOES NOT get tested ...these are black market goods with NO regulatory group keeping an eye on them.

PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE COUNTERFEIT MERCHANDISE and more importantly do not let your children wear or use counterfeit merchandise either.
It is much more serious when children are exposed to lead. Since the brain has not yet completely developed, lead poisoning can cause brain damage, organ failure and other disabilities.
Scammed wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hiram Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Douglasville is the new Atlanta Getto. 54 min Zambonism 6
How did you all make it through the snow day? Sun Larry 7
Jennifer Knight for superior court judge (May '10) Jan 20 Edward 377
Tom Worthan's Douglas County Jan 20 POLEMICS 12
Glad I Don't Live In Paulding County Jan 19 Supermodel 4
Baseball at Winston Park (May '13) Jan 18 Atlbravesgirlie 19
Commissioner Kelly Robinson fails in BUSINESS (Jul '12) Jan 16 FAUXRESUME 6

Hiram Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance