First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bobcat

Bluefield, VA

#1 Apr 17, 2014
Heard on the news this morning the Little League is missing $5,000 in funds that they didn't know was gone until a check bounced. I find it interesting they would write a check without knowing the fund balance. Who is in charge of running the league now and who oversees or has control of the funds?
finding funds

Princeton, WV

#2 Apr 17, 2014
sounds like someone has had their hand in the cookie jar. there should be a papertrail that leads to the one(s) that either took it or lost it. after that is determined, charges should be filed and be made to reimburse little league that amound plus interest. this type of thing happens a lot. you see it in fire depts., businesses and most of the embezzlement cases result in jail time and fines. little league in hinton is such a great thing for the kids. it always takes a money hungry thug to ruin it for everyone. the league should press charges if the person(s) are caught and found guilty. also the person or persons should never be allowed to be involved with the league.
How now

Mount Hope, WV

#3 Apr 17, 2014
I think the amount is much larger. Jack Whittaker gave little league a lot of money. I'm just glad it is out in the news, now maybe it won't be swept under a rug. I hate to see anybody have trouble, but stealing from kids is piss poor. It's not who is in charge now, but before.
Ken

Beckley, WV

#4 Apr 18, 2014
Was it not Jeff and Kim? This should make the news. Sometimes the people who act like they are helping the community are in disguise? Was Kim not the secretary? If true, hope there is accountability and hits all media.
Old codger

Beckley, WV

#5 Apr 18, 2014
Ken wrote:
Was it not Jeff and Kim? This should make the news. Sometimes the people who act like they are helping the community are in disguise? Was Kim not the secretary? If true, hope there is accountability and hits all media.
I tried to tell all the supporters many times that one of the people involved was not to be trusted. All they had to say was just how great he was, how much the kids liked him. what a good driver he was.
Well, they'll now maybe find out the truth about all three of them.
finding funds

Princeton, WV

#6 Apr 18, 2014
he wouldn't step down several years ago when the money was short. jack whitaker gave them a ton of money. they bought clay out of pennsylvaia, painted and covered the bleachers and painted the pressbox and if I'm not mistaken, bought a new scoreboard some of the teams was to get new equipment and didn't get anything but a few balls and four or five bats. the catchers mask had to be repaired and one team even had to share a catchers mask. he just wanted to look good walking around with a rake and the other one with a score book chewing on her pencil. it's time for a clean sweep of the officers if it hasn't already been done. checks should be signed by at least three officers to pay for anything that is bought tor the league. people see a little money and their eyes buldge and first thing you know, they take over and control it all. thank you, I'm finished.
How now

Mount Hope, WV

#7 Apr 19, 2014
Kim's home was listed in the Hinton paper week before last as a foreclosure to be sold on the court house steps. Hmmm..........
jeez

Narrows, VA

#8 Apr 19, 2014
Jeff and Kim who?
undercover bountyhunter

Tampa, FL

#9 Apr 20, 2014
I asked alot of ppl throughout summers county and Mercer county about ( Ronald Atwell and the Banks family) , by the negotiations I had with various ppl throughout the counties they were eye witness to them stealing. Necessities like money,ppls personal items to pawn and even them as going as low in stealing their spouses away. I want the neighborhood to be aware their outthere falsifying people's identities over the internet under false pretenses. Also ppl beware if any of these suspects are staying with you,get them out as soon as possible their known to write down or copy as well steal credit card,social security and any I.D with your name on it to forge their names with your information. These are very skilled crafty and cunning cons that will steal your identity and ruin your lives fraternizing everything about you. Them already having a criminal background track record should already throw up a red flag about them and what potential threats they are to you. Being able to scope out your home their staying in, these sticky fingered criminals will slowly rob everything out from under you and also destroy a happy home. Since they've been in and out the system so much,they know how to work and manipulate it using their sly,crafty golden tongues to weasel in and out of anything they mosey into. They need to be in jail that is my opinion however its just a matter of time before they eventually slip up and get caught again. So neighborhood keep a watch, keep a very close eye on them they've can't be trusted and don't let them fool you by lying to your faces by them telling everyone somebody else is responsible. When the fact of the matter is their the grand facilitators and masterminds behind all his lying ellaborate schemes. They'll drag innocent ppl into their lies and frame their names just so they'll get themselves out of trouble, I'm just letting everyone know their extremely dangerous.
What

Mount Hope, WV

#10 Apr 20, 2014
You lost me here somewhere
Hintonite

Fredericksburg, VA

#11 May 16, 2014
How now wrote:
Kim's home was listed in the Hinton paper week before last as a foreclosure to be sold on the court house steps. Hmmm..........
Excuse me, but which paper? Cause I read the paper every day and I have never once saw this?
MindMap

United States

#12 May 16, 2014
Hintonite wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, but which paper? Cause I read the paper every day and I have never once saw this?
it was on the news....wvva 2 months ago. When a check bounced for uniforms! Who needs a paper google it!
hmmm

Oak Hill, WV

#13 May 17, 2014
I hear 5,000 is all they can prove at the time that is missing.That there is way way way more than that missing.An investigation is being done at this time.And they wonder why parents don't want to get involved and work as vols when all the money for these kids are being stolen. Sad sad sad.
finding funds

Princeton, WV

#14 May 18, 2014
several years back it was brought to the president's attention that a registered sex offender was working as a helper on a team. he dismissed the information like there was nothing wrong with it. he always wanted help doing stuff around the ball park but then picked and chose who did what. there were just a few that was allowed to order items that the teams needed such as chest protectors, catcher's masks, bats and balls. he would buy balls and then bring a handful of news ones around along with several that were worn out. it was like he and the female that was mentioned were the only honchos that dealt with the money part of it. half the time he would lie about what was ordered and say they hadn't come in yet and the teams never did get them. repair after repair on masks, bent or cracked bats was not uncommon to see with the teams. I am not sure if they are still running the hinton little league but if they are they need ousted. they are both jokes. jack did donate a lot of money and some of it was spent on things that really needed done but where did the rest of it go. there should have been money that was drawing interest. sponcers and parents put a lot of money into each team, the concession stand should hold it's own to resupply it and the parents worked each game except one time a person was allowed to run it and charge for their labor which was totally against the rules. so where is the interest off the balance of jacks donation.? if I'm not mistaken the scoreboard was bought at a discount if some advertising was inplace on it or maybe even free for the advertisement. all the billboards that line the outfield are placed for a fee so there is more money that went somewhere.
Hintonite

Fredericksburg, VA

#15 May 18, 2014
MindMap wrote:
<quoted text>
it was on the news....wvva 2 months ago. When a check bounced for uniforms! Who needs a paper google it!
I was asking about the house being up for auction, not the Little League situation, but nice try!
quest

United States

#16 May 21, 2014
what paper?
Hintonite

Stafford, VA

#17 May 21, 2014
quest wrote:
what paper?
There is no paper, just people stirring stuff up
why

United States

#18 May 21, 2014
Hinton
How Now

Mount Hope, WV

#19 May 22, 2014
The Hinton News, volume 111 no. 49, Tuesday April 8, 2014, page 8, lower left side of page, second column. Any other questions?
ohyes

Oakvale, WV

#20 May 22, 2014
WHAT does Hinton news have to do with Alderson Little League?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change A Word Game (Jul '11) 1 hr SWAMP WITCH 1,973
last letter first (Sep '13) 1 hr SWAMP WITCH 354
*Chane 1 Letter* (Nov '12) 1 hr SWAMP WITCH 450
Change one letter.... (Oct '08) 1 hr SWAMP WITCH 1,326
Laundromat 9 hr Kerry Jones 3
john houchins (Jul '09) 22 hr ghettogangsta 17
Pipestem Fri trice 4
Hinton Dating
Find my Match

Hinton People Search