Sheriff and chief deputy accused of sexual harassment

Posted in the Hinton Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Psycho

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Oct 1, 2010
The secretary for the Summers County Sheriff’s Department, is accusing them of sexually harassing her on the job. Among other thing’s she says they used a taser on her bottom leaving her blistered, and they have basically humiliated her since 2009. This is just plain awful. How do we expect them to help victims of crime if they can’t even respect women they work with?
someone

Mount Lookout, WV

#2 Oct 1, 2010
You people are so full of it. Why must you go around spreading lies? Is there something in writing proving this? If so, where can the public see this? The sheriff's department has enough to worry about than to have people go around spreading lies.
fmr hinton resident

Cabin Creek, WV

#3 Oct 1, 2010
Psycho wrote:
The secretary for the Summers County Sheriff’s Department, is accusing them of sexually harassing her on the job. Among other thing’s she says they used a taser on her bottom leaving her blistered, and they have basically humiliated her since 2009. This is just plain awful. How do we expect them to help victims of crime if they can’t even respect women they work with?
That's what you get when the sheriff is a rapest. City Hall is probably nothing but a brothel now. Hinton was such a great city to live in but it went to the dogs when you guys voted Joe in and Cleo out.
now what

Sutton, WV

#4 Oct 1, 2010
Psycho wrote:
who is this secretary? she must be one tough gal to have endured this for so long without going to the police or even quitting her job.
someone

Mount Lookout, WV

#5 Oct 1, 2010
What does voting Joe in have to do with the sheriff's department? What gives you the right to call people names?
just me

Bridgeport, WV

#6 Oct 1, 2010
apperently someone didnt watch the evening news it was on there.yes 1 tuff cookie
someonewhoknows USA

Richmond, VA

#7 Oct 1, 2010
watch local news at eleven o'clock tonight on Fox 59 or whatever u get the local news on it's on there...
The truth

Beckley, WV

#8 Oct 1, 2010
Psycho wrote:
This is a bunch of bull!! That secretary is just pissed becuase they didn't show her that kind of attention. Them guys would never do something like that, especially to that! I think that the county should stand behind their men of honor and wean out the trouble in this. Just because one person who gets pissed and wants to say something like this the whole county wants to jump to the conclusion that it's true. These men save your asses out there don't you think it's time that you return the favor? The KEY to this is right before you, even the news said so, she didn't get her raise. Now, she's pissed, so what else can grab a man by the balls? It goes in hand with, "what is it because I'm black?" Women cry wolf all the time. I think she should just sum it up, quit your damn job if you hate it. Your not a beauty queen, quit trying to cry wolf.
A Tax payer

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Oct 1, 2010
The truth wrote:
<quoted text>
This is a bunch of bull!! That secretary is just pissed becuase they didn't show her that kind of attention. Them guys would never do something like that, especially to that! I think that the county should stand behind their men of honor and wean out the trouble in this. Just because one person who gets pissed and wants to say something like this the whole county wants to jump to the conclusion that it's true. These men save your asses out there don't you think it's time that you return the favor? The KEY to this is right before you, even the news said so, she didn't get her raise. Now, she's pissed, so what else can grab a man by the balls? It goes in hand with, "what is it because I'm black?" Women cry wolf all the time. I think she should just sum it up, quit your damn job if you hate it. Your not a beauty queen, quit trying to cry wolf.
The County should not pay for either one of these two men a lawyer... My tax dollar is not for people like this.IT SEEMS YOU HAVE DOWNED ENOUGH PEOPLE ON THIS SIGHT. YOU NEED SOME TAR AND FEATHERS. LOL
Psycho

Oak Hill, WV

#10 Oct 1, 2010
someone wrote:
You people are so full of it. Why must you go around spreading lies? Is there something in writing proving this? If so, where can the public see this? The sheriff's department has enough to worry about than to have people go around spreading lies.
The story was on 59 news.
Psycho

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Oct 1, 2010
Psycho

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Oct 1, 2010
The truth wrote:
<quoted text>

The old blame the victim defense. I despise people like you.
Just because someone has a badge on his chest that means they can’t be a criminal?
her

AOL

#13 Oct 1, 2010
Do you know her and her past...I guess time will tell....the truth will rise ot the top ...
dmc14

Welch, WV

#14 Oct 1, 2010
her wrote:
Do you know her and her past...I guess time will tell....the truth will rise ot the top ...
Wait until you all hear about the abuse of prisoners while in custody. You apparently don't know anything about these fat, lazy, cops who take advantage of the tin star on their chests, Chellis especially. One of these "defenders" apparently put eye drops in one prisoners drink causing him to have a nasty case of diarrhea. They also enjoy tormenting the female prisoners in other ways. It'll all come out now that the ball is rolling. Summers County Prosecuting Attorney Amy Mann didn't excuse herself from this case either. Word around the campfire is that she sat on the case for a year because her husband was in trouble with the law for something and she was affraid of retalliation from the police. So, just wait until the reporters start digging into all the dirty politics and abuse of authority.
now what

Sutton, WV

#15 Oct 2, 2010
now that I know who this victim is I understand more clearly what is going on. we had better ask ourselves who is her current flavor of the month and does he have some further political ambitions here in summers county. as for attacking the victim I dont think people will do that. think responsibly; however, the motives of the vctim have to be brought out. as I understand the case so far it was horseplay that she injected herself into.
SAD SAD

Oak Hill, WV

#16 Oct 2, 2010
dmc14 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait until you all hear about the abuse of prisoners while in custody. You apparently don't know anything about these fat, lazy, cops who take advantage of the tin star on their chests, Chellis especially. One of these "defenders" apparently put eye drops in one prisoners drink causing him to have a nasty case of diarrhea. They also enjoy tormenting the female prisoners in other ways. It'll all come out now that the ball is rolling. Summers County Prosecuting Attorney Amy Mann didn't excuse herself from this case either. Word around the campfire is that she sat on the case for a year because her husband was in trouble with the law for something and she was affraid of retalliation from the police. So, just wait until the reporters start digging into all the dirty politics and abuse of authority.
This Is Crimal and has gone on long enough with all POlice Depts. IN SUMMERS Co.(EXCEPT THE STATE POLICE). REPORTERS START DIGGING. THE GOSSIP IS< THAT A PERSON WAS CAUGHT DRIVING WHILE DRUNK< and was told, IF HE SIGNED HIS VEHICLE OVER TO ONE OF THE DEPUTIES< THAT THEY WOULD MAKE IT GO AWAY. This suppose to be a matter of record. What does Mr. Dolphin know about this?!!!!!!
fmr hinton resident

Cabin Creek, WV

#17 Oct 2, 2010
dmc14 wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!! I left Hinton when Dolphin took office. I knew about Amy Mann's husband's drinking problems. What have you people let in office? I'm ashamed of telling anyone I'm from Hinton. The first thing they say is "do you know who the Police chief is?" Yes, I do because I lived here in Charleston when it happened". Now, I was told the other day that Derek was back in Charleston answering "why he falsefied his duty log'. I hope everyone watches and learns from all this. It's up to all the people of Hinton to say "you won't do it in our town".

We didn't stand for it when Pack and Crawford was beaten by the Chief and his deputies back then, will you stand for this lastest administration and their harassments?

Since: Mar 08

Hinton

#18 Oct 2, 2010
I know the secretary in question, or at least I did years ago, and with that I know how she was then. Even how she was with her first husband, however I don't think it's necessarily fair to say that's how she is now and it isn't especially fair to say that she is lying or encouraged what happened to her in this situation.
some of you are using the old standby, "if she dresses a certain way, what else would you expect? She was askin' for it" bs blame the victim excuse and it's disgusting.
I hope that the truth comes out, whatever it may be, and everything is done with fairness in regards to all involved.
buh

Hillsboro, WV

#19 Oct 2, 2010
figure summers county would have learned form when a bunch of cops got thrown in jail in the 80's. guess not.
Barrick H Obrien

Christiansburg, VA

#20 Oct 2, 2010
If what she described happened regardless of whether she encouraged it or whatever, it is wrong. The sheriff is a elected official and as such needs to be held to a higher standard. It really does not matter if the woman is doing this as political motive although I have no evidence that this is the case. Wrong is Wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thrift store with outrageous prices 7 min Wonder 5
New thieves in Jumping Branch 3 hr 1981 Z-28 Camaro 2
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 6 hr west by golly hil... 58,113
Call Out To Atwell and his Friends 12 hr Slim Martin 1
When do indictments come out? 15 hr Unknown 2
Laundromat 18 hr Info 1
Not Superheroes Their The Opposite 19 hr derrick 1
•••
•••
•••

Hinton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Hinton People Search