steve lipscombs head of 911 dispatch
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
joey

Lubbock, TX

#43 May 10, 2008
has anyone been listening to that place lately it is terrible what a joke summers county 911 is and we are paying for it. sure wish i knew how to get my money back.
1 post removed
wondering

AOL

#45 Aug 16, 2008
I have paid a 911 fee for years and we live in Pipestem. If we call 911 in an emergency we have to be able to tell them exactly where we are. They do not have a 911 address except if you live in town. So you tell me Steve why everyone else has to pay the fee every month on our phone bill if you can not give us a 911 address. That kept me from getting a security system in my home, because we do not have a 911 address. If I am having a heart attack and can not speak then I know that I will just have to die, because they will not even know where I am unless I can speak. I would like to know where all that money is going that people have to pay every month and they also have no 911 address?
Flapjack

Madison, TN

#46 Aug 17, 2008
Rural addressing in West Virginia has been ongoing for at least the last fifteen years. First each road has to be named, then each structure has to be identified as either a residence, barn, outbulding, etc. This involves a considerable amount of work, sometimes involving actually driving by or visiting each and every structure. Second, each residence or business is assigned a number using a uniform measuring system. Some counties were able to accomplish this sooner than others by having a large amount of field personnel. West Virginia decided to hire a large national company to do this statewide and they made such a mess of the job, the contact was cancelled. This threw some counties back to square one. After numbers are assigned, each occupant has to be identified along with their phone number. This information has to be compiled into a database, then submitted to the Postal Service and the telephone company. The telephone company has to enter this information into their 911 database so it will appear on the dispatcher's screen when you call 911. There are many more technical issues involved before this becomes fully in place.
911 is a joke

Beckley, WV

#47 Aug 18, 2008
I called 911 the other day to report a drunk driver on beech run mtn. and they told me they would have someone there right away. As we were driving and i am watching this person run people off the road, and go around turns on the wrong side of the road, no police officer showed. I followed this person all the way up the mountin got their license plate and called 911 back to give it to them, as far as I know no one was called, or showed up to investigate. Now had this person hit someone, they would have been racing up the moutain like idiots to save the day....they dont want to "prevent" anything from happening. it is a shame this damn town is so lazy when it comes to ems/911/police that someone has to be in a short skirt before they will do anything.
twisted by candidates

Ashburn, VA

#48 Aug 18, 2008
911 is a joke wrote:
I called 911 the other day to report a drunk driver on beech run mtn. and they told me they would have someone there right away. As we were driving and i am watching this person run people off the road, and go around turns on the wrong side of the road, no police officer showed. I followed this person all the way up the mountin got their license plate and called 911 back to give it to them, as far as I know no one was called, or showed up to investigate. Now had this person hit someone, they would have been racing up the moutain like idiots to save the day....they dont want to "prevent" anything from happening. it is a shame this damn town is so lazy when it comes to ems/911/police that someone has to be in a short skirt before they will do anything.
Please come to the city council meeting tomorrow night at 6:30. Sign in when you get there and let this be known. You get 3 minutes I was told to speak. Please help us speak out.
Informant

Georgetown, TX

#49 Aug 19, 2008
Did ya'll know that Steve's ex-ole-lady took up with PeeWee Galloway after they split??? Small world isn't it? She has 2 daughters, one by Steve and one by PeeWee! Bet ya'll didn't know that about him!
Dalton Strawderman

Petersburg, WV

#50 Jan 14, 2014
i have herd of a problem in a WV county of a dispatcher taking a stand they have been criticized over this i will not stand for the actions of the high authority i support these people who took a stand for whats wright i am severely disappointed in the authority this is just a 13 year old speaking his mind
Why is he still working

Charleston, WV

#51 Mar 12, 2014
911 is a joke in summers county they are all pricks except maybe one. Why is it that they do t do something about the workers there that get out and do stupid stuff get drunk and play music on the radios. Or call 911 numerous times reporting false stuff just because there drunk, and he is still working there. I know this to be fact because I got one of the calls at one of the other counties close by. He was in a cell phone keep calling hanging up and saying stupid stuff. If our boss here knew one of us did that we would loss our job and I am sure we would be reported for making false 911 calls and go to jail or be fined or both but yet he is still there I had to relay info to summers county the other day and he was working. Why is this? And why in the name of God was his butt not fired! They keep it all hush hush do t they if people would get out to the county commission meetings and find out what is going on at that place. It needs to be investigated for sure!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officer recovering after off duty shooting 1 hr Sergio Kirskoph 107
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr sallyeyecrossedhilda 4,392
Connie northern 3 hr I see it 1
Dollar general wow 18 hr candy cane 1
David Wayne Lilly, bobbi jean cole Sun Bassman 3
Still Seeking Interviews.... Sun Mr Mackey 3
Why Sun Bassman 2

Hinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance