steve lipscombs head of 911 dispatch

Posted in the Hinton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
THE INVEATIGATOR

United States

#1 Jul 12, 2007
911 DISPATCH NEED'S TO BE INVESTIGATED. BECAUSE OF ALL THE MUSIC AND ILLEGAL USE ON A EMERENCY 911 RADIO. EVERYONE THAT HAS A TELEPHONE SERVICE PAY'S FOR 911 SERVICE. SO I THINK THE FCC SHOULD BE CALLED IN BY OTHER PEOPLE TO .MAYBE STEVE WILL LOSE HIS JOB. BECAUSE HE SHOULD STOP THEM FROM PLAYING ON THE RADIO. I DID CALL FCC SOMEONE ELSE SHOULD CALL TO.
cookie

United States

#2 Jul 13, 2007
i've heard the music also.
ERI_UQS_RET

Sulphur Springs, TX

#3 Jul 13, 2007
Please tell me how Steve could prevent this. There is no way for him to identify which of the City, County Sheriff, DNR, County Fire radios this is coming from. A complaint to FCC is the proper way to try and end the childs play but would have no bearing on his job. To blame Steve is simply rediculous. The person to blame and FIRE is the child that amuses himself or herself with an emergency devise.
fed up

Walker, WV

#4 Jul 13, 2007
I don't know anything about music being played but I do know that Hinton definitley needs an upgraded 911. When my brother got killed in a car accident in Hinton, I called Steve to get a copy of the 911 records and he told me they didn't have anything that they record over them every 60 days. The 911 system we have in Mingo county has stuff stored on the computers since that day it opened I was told by someone that works there that it would be more trouble to erase it than to keep it. Also in Mingo County everything goes through 911, they dispatch for ambulance and everyone else. When my brother wrecked the time on the ambulance sheet was earlier than the time of accident on the police report. they told me it was because the ambulance have there own communication system.
THE INVEATIGATOR

United States

#5 Jul 13, 2007
STEVE KNOW'S WHO'S ON DUTY WHEN THIS GO'S ON. THE DISPATCHER'S KNOW'S ALSO.SO STEVE IS TO BLAME HE'S BOSS. HE DRIVE'S A NEW COUNTY 4 WHEEL DRIVE.WE DIDN'T HERE MUSIC WHEN TOM CLINEBELL WAS THE HEAD OF IT.
DOG

Beckley, WV

#6 Jul 14, 2007
Well if we had the money the new radios have a designator and everytime you key up the dispatcher could see who is talking. We have 2 of them for hinton but since they around $300 apiece just for the handhelds.. Us getting the money for them would take an act of god pretty much...

Cross your fingers like we are for the damn project to go through... might get the oney then
ERI_UQS_RET

Sulphur Springs, TX

#7 Jul 15, 2007
THE INVEATIGATOR wrote:
STEVE KNOW'S WHO'S ON DUTY WHEN THIS GO'S ON. THE DISPATCHER'S KNOW'S ALSO.SO STEVE IS TO BLAME HE'S BOSS. HE DRIVE'S A NEW COUNTY 4 WHEEL DRIVE.WE DIDN'T HERE MUSIC WHEN TOM CLINEBELL WAS THE HEAD OF IT.
IN DEFENSE OF ALL 911 STAFF, ALL FIREMEN,CITY OFFICERS,DEPUTYS TAKE THEIR RADIOS HOME AND WOULD NOT NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE ON DUTY TO ABUSE THE EMERGENCY RADIO NETWORK.
THE INVEATIGATOR

United States

#8 Jul 15, 2007
IT;S STILL 911 RADIO ABUSE. THEY R ON DUTY MOST OF THE TIME WHEN ITS GOING ON. LISTEN TO THE RADIO WHEN BREWER'S ON DUTY. STEVE STILL SHOULD FIND OUT WHO'S THEY ARE AND HAVE IT STOPPED.
ERI_UQS_RET

Sulphur Springs, TX

#9 Jul 15, 2007
what shift does he work now? actually thought he spent most time sleeping...
JOE

United States

#10 Jul 15, 2007
HE WAIT'S UP TO PLAY
smokin ace

United States

#11 Jul 21, 2007
First of all I would like to extend a thank you to those who posted comments supporting or defending emergency services. There currently is no way to track the person or persons causing the problem. Might I suggest if you would like this problem resolved go through the proper channels or authority. I suggest you talk to the "boss" yourself and if you're not comfortable in doing so then I encourage you to go to a county commisson meeting. They meet on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month. Go to the county clerk's office in the courthouse and place yourself on the agenda for the next scheduled meeting. Or make a complaint to the FCC. Might I also offer you a much simpler solution. If you don't want to hear it then turn your scanner off. No one is forcing you to listen to it. Personally I think scanners should be outlawed. They only provide people with a reason to be nosey and complain. They're more harm than good.
DOG

Beckley, WV

#12 Jul 22, 2007
Brewer works 7p-5a the opposite days I do.... Sprouse got caught playing music the other day since he has one of the identifier radios and to my understanding Chief Gray tore him a new arse if you get my point...
ERI-UQS-RET

Sulphur Springs, TX

#13 Jul 22, 2007
Ganted scanners can be used wrongly. But:it also gives law abidinng citizens the ability tto see who is a worker and who is a skirt chaser. And, you my someday be injured and that scanner listener be your lifeline....
smokin ace

United States

#14 Jul 22, 2007
ERI-UQS-RET wrote:
Ganted scanners can be used wrongly. But:it also gives law abidinng citizens the ability tto see who is a worker and who is a skirt chaser. And, you my someday be injured and that scanner listener be your lifeline....
True. But from my standpoint they've only been helpful a very small amount of times. But as technology continues to advance they'll soon become obsolete anyway.
smokin ace

United States

#15 Jul 23, 2007
ERI-UQS-RET wrote:
One other thing I forgot to mention. I understand that law abiding citizens are just trying to help and I appreciate that. But it causes a problem. When they call to offer their assistance guess what number they are dialing.... 911 the national number desiganted for emergencies. So then the 911 center becomes overwhelmed and flooded with citizens only trying to help. So if I were to become injured then my "lifeline" so to speak may not be able to get through in time to save me.
ERI-UQS-RET

Sulphur Springs, TX

#16 Jul 23, 2007
good point Ace....
cookie

Normantown, WV

#17 Jul 23, 2007
why not have a non-emergency number that people can call if in the event something does happen that they can help the police with the police cannot be everywhere at the same time
ERI_UQS_RET

Sulphur Springs, TX

#18 Jul 23, 2007
City Hall says Council meeting is tomorrow night 7/24/07 at 7:00 at tech center om Summers st.....
THE INVESTIGATOR

United States

#19 Jul 23, 2007
cookie they do have a non -emergency number it is 3333
2 posts removed
evil eye

Lubbock, TX

#22 Nov 15, 2007
if the citizens only knew what a joke the 911 center in hinton really is, if there is a rock in the road or a car broken down everyone gets sent wonder why? is there no DOH or wreckers 911 is for EMERGENCIES not BS the way its done here if you have a parking complaint call 911 if a dogs barking call 911 and the dispatchers are so stupid they send police and fire to everything except things they need to, then its give me a public service call that means call by telephone while the citizen is in need they want a phone call they have one woman dispatcher that does a fair job the others just act like you are bothering them if you call summers county 911 is a joke and we are paying for it and i have expressed my comcerns to the county commission but more people need to remember YOU are paying for this and the citizens deserve better and steve is not going to provide it. thats my observation of the 911 in summers county

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bridgestreet Ashland 2 min I am the Kessler guy 29
*Chane 1 Letter* (Nov '12) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 2,043
Sonya Upton and Brad Jackson 1 hr Oxx 5
That rose regalado girl Sun boo boo 2
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Feb 23 Alex Kissinger 3,992
Kroger warning Feb 23 In the loop 7
Hinton MOM (Jul '16) Feb 23 Big pickle dickle 25

Hinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance