Comments
1 - 20 of 34 Comments Last updated Dec 15, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fred G Sanford

High Point, NC

#1 Jul 7, 2008
I moved from WV with my mom 25 years ago. We still spend a week out of the year in the Barger Springs area on the Greenbrier. A guy I know asked me where I was from, I told him WV, and he asked me if i know why so many people from WV were now living in NC? I figured it was a joke, but i couldn't think of what the answer might be. He replied, "because NC was as far as you could get on a tank of gas" I had never thought about it before, but turned out he was right. I still enjoy visiting there. It is nice to get away from the city for a bit, and just take it easy, do some fishing, Pence Springs Flea market, State Fair, and all of the eateries. Just looking to gab with people that may fall into the same category as I do.
Linda

Sulphur Springs, TX

#2 Jul 8, 2008
West Va teaches the three R's-----Reading, Ritin, and the Road to NC----LOL--------just joking!!!!!!
u r rite

United States

#3 Jul 8, 2008
My son and his wife moved to Charlotte last fall and have run into several people from Hinton. Some of them they knew and some they just recognized or approached and asked if they were.
RiverWrangler

AOL

#4 Jul 8, 2008
Most of the posters on this board live in or near Charlotte.
Fred G Sanford

High Point, NC

#5 Jul 13, 2008
I suppose nobody stays there permanently anymore. I guess I kind of don't blame them, just not much opportunity in the area.
just a little more

Charleston, WV

#6 Jul 13, 2008
Fred G Sanford wrote:
I moved from WV with my mom 25 years ago. We still spend a week out of the year in the Barger Springs area on the Greenbrier. A guy I know asked me where I was from, I told him WV, and he asked me if i know why so many people from WV were now living in NC? I figured it was a joke, but i couldn't think of what the answer might be. He replied, "because NC was as far as you could get on a tank of gas" I had never thought about it before, but turned out he was right. I still enjoy visiting there. It is nice to get away from the city for a bit, and just take it easy, do some fishing, Pence Springs Flea market, State Fair, and all of the eateries. Just looking to gab with people that may fall into the same category as I do.
$55 in a 4 cylinder engine with new oil change and fuel treatment got me 440 miles. That's Little River, South Carolina baby!
CAYLEYA

Simpsonville, SC

#7 Jul 14, 2008
I know gas didn't have a thing to do with me ending up in NC...I left Hinton 20 years ago only to find work...I would move back to Hinton if there were jobs available. I still visit quite often and wouldn't trade the hills for the hectic life of NC if I had the choice.
Fred G Sanford

High Point, NC

#8 Jul 19, 2008
Yeah, I don't blame you a bit Cayleya. I would love to live there again myself, but somehow, I don't see it in the cards. I am going for a week, during the week of the fair. Hopefully the weather will be nice, and the Greenbrier won't be high and muddy.
curious

United States

#9 Jul 19, 2008
did you live in talcott when you resided in wv?
Fred G Sanford wrote:
Yeah, I don't blame you a bit Cayleya. I would love to live there again myself, but somehow, I don't see it in the cards. I am going for a week, during the week of the fair. Hopefully the weather will be nice, and the Greenbrier won't be high and muddy.
Fred G Sanford

High Point, NC

#10 Jul 20, 2008
I was actually born in Huntington, but my Dad's side of the family is from Hinton, and we have had a camp up there all of my life. That place is on the Greenbrier in Barger Springs, just below Talcott, as you probably know.

Level 1

Since: Oct 08

HInton West Virginia

#11 Oct 23, 2008
Well we made it to South Carolina!! Just a joke..I love going to Hinton and visting. I think it is beautiful there and that is my hometown..
1 post removed
ncboyinwv

Charleston, WV

#13 Oct 23, 2008
Well I guess I did the reverse route. I've been here 12 years since getting out of the Army and I like it alot. I do get home-sick at times but there is a 4hour cure for that. That is how long it takes to get to Fayetteville, NC. I really miss the winters back there, but I like Hinton too.
Hey Asluck

Blacksburg, VA

#14 Oct 24, 2008
asluck wrote:
Well we made it to South Carolina!! Just a joke..I love going to Hinton and visting. I think it is beautiful there and that is my hometown..
Where you going to be tonight?

Level 1

HInton West Virginia

#15 Oct 24, 2008
ncboyinwv wrote:
Well I guess I did the reverse route. I've been here 12 years since getting out of the Army and I like it alot. I do get home-sick at times but there is a 4hour cure for that. That is how long it takes to get to Fayetteville, NC. I really miss the winters back there, but I like Hinton too.
Yeah my dad still lives up there and I should visit more than I do but I just love that place..Our house is still setting on 9th ave. falling down of course..It is a beautiful place and people should cherish what this town is all about. I don't know if I would still be there if my mom didn't move us away..I do have family there though so visits are nice...
herman

United States

#16 Oct 24, 2008
guess i have two homes, born and raised in wv... moved t myrtle beach, sc and lived there for three and half years... love both of them but wv is my true home... and sc my vacation home...

Level 1

HInton West Virginia

#17 Oct 24, 2008
Hey Asluck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you going to be tonight?
Learning this forum stuff here..Im in South Carolina..
Big Daddy

High Point, NC

#18 Oct 24, 2008
I live in Winston Salem. Left Hinton in 1987. I have also lived in Charlotte,Greensboro. The economy in NC has sucked ever since NAFTA(North American Free Trade Act) was passed. We have lost thousands of jobs and lose more almost everday!!! I would love to move back to WV if I could find a good job!!!!!!
When did you graduate

Denver, NC

#19 Oct 24, 2008
Big Daddy wrote:
I live in Winston Salem. Left Hinton in 1987. I have also lived in Charlotte,Greensboro. The economy in NC has sucked ever since NAFTA(North American Free Trade Act) was passed. We have lost thousands of jobs and lose more almost everday!!! I would love to move back to WV if I could find a good job!!!!!!
Did you graduate from HHS?

Level 1

HInton West Virginia

#20 Oct 24, 2008
When did you graduate wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you graduate from HHS?
No left there and came down here to South Carolina and graduated in Fort Mill Sc..
Also a transplant

Reidsville, NC

#21 Oct 24, 2008
My husband says we should forget the Mexican border and put one up through the middle of Virginia.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 11 min fitness-guru 57,182
Acused Child molester staying at 308 9th ave 12 min hank 8
This site is... 3 hr ham bone 14
Hintons Biggest Narc Informant 3 hr yesindeed 12
ronnie atwell i been trying to get a hold of you 3 hr Billy Ray Ronald ... 2
big talkers but no action 3 hr Billy Ray Ronald ... 7
Brittany B is at it again 4 hr Billy Ray Ronald ... 7
•••
Hinton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hinton Jobs