911 asking for more tax money

Posted in the Hinton Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Forest Gump

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Nov 15, 2012
Last weeks Hinton Paper said that summers county 911 is asking for a 2.00 a month increase on your phone bill. Please tell me what they do to need all that money?
f-dem

United States

#2 Nov 15, 2012
Dey need to get jobs and get Dey own money
Luther

Kinston, NC

#3 Nov 16, 2012
Forest Gump wrote:
Last weeks Hinton Paper said that summers county 911 is asking for a 2.00 a month increase on your phone bill. Please tell me what they do to need all that money?
Dont we already pay 2 dollars a month tax on our phone bills for 911 service? So now they want us to pay four dollars a month for every phone in the county,that will amount to several thousand dollars a month. Where does the money go and what is it used for? I say NO MORE TAXES
need answer

Hurricane, WV

#4 Nov 16, 2012
and don't foget that if you call 911 you also get charged again on your phone bill that is crazy i AGREE NO MORE TAXES they already get to much!
Roy

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Nov 17, 2012
need answer wrote:
and don't foget that if you call 911 you also get charged again on your phone bill that is crazy i AGREE NO MORE TAXES they already get to much!
Please tell us what is the name of the phone company that charges to make a 911 call. You can even make a call to 911 from a deactivated cell phone. Your best bet is to call the 911 center or county commission and ask why the need for additional monies.
Rural Resident

Hinton, WV

#6 Nov 17, 2012
Please, someone tell me what Steve Lipscomb is doing? I am so tired of trying to get parcel post mail delivery to my house, without having a proper street address. Isn't he responbile for trying to make this happen? All of these made up numbers, it is ridiculous, to say the least. Homeland security...yeah right!
Jason

Kinston, NC

#7 Nov 17, 2012
Rural Resident wrote:
Please, someone tell me what Steve Lipscomb is doing? I am so tired of trying to get parcel post mail delivery to my house, without having a proper street address. Isn't he responbile for trying to make this happen? All of these made up numbers, it is ridiculous, to say the least. Homeland security...yeah right!
He is working on getting everone to pay two dollars a month more for 911 service so he can make more for himself. It was in the Hinton paper last week, they have collected money from the citizens of summers county for the past twenty years and where did it go?
local yokal

Rockville, MD

#8 Nov 17, 2012
Hey 911 ask your buddy obama for 2.00 more. I don't have a phone!
need answer

Hurricane, WV

#9 Nov 18, 2012
Roy wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us what is the name of the phone company that charges to make a 911 call. You can even make a call to 911 from a deactivated cell phone. Your best bet is to call the 911 center or county commission and ask why the need for additional monies.
I have US Cellular
Roy

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Nov 18, 2012
need answer wrote:
<quoted text>
I have US Cellular
None of the cell carriers charge extra for placing a 911 call. Each and every call you place on your cell phone is deducted from your block of minutes.
hinton paper

Beckley, WV

#11 Nov 18, 2012
Roy wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the cell carriers charge extra for placing a 911 call. Each and every call you place on your cell phone is deducted from your block of minutes.
In the Hinton Paper, It has a notice to be at the court house on Monday at 10am, concerning this issue,( at least I think that is what I saw in the paper) Well I have to work during the day, they must not want anyone there that works.
Jason

Kinston, NC

#12 Nov 18, 2012
NO they dont want you there, that way they can pass what ever they want without any opposition. You must realize welfare people dont pay taxes and most get free phones. So who do you think will pay the 3.85 a month to give 911. Its people that go to work every day. I dont have any idea how many phones there are in Summers County but at $3.85 per phone can you imagine how much money that is going to the 911 office. I say hell NO they have gotten enough already.
Roy

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Nov 19, 2012
A good portion of the charges on your bill is retained by the phone company (both land and cellular) to provide and maintain trunk lines into the 911 center. Communication and computer equipment has become very expensive and the average life of this equipment is less than five years so it must be replaced/updated frequently. All salaries and administrative costs for a 911 center are set and overseen by the county commission.
local yokal

Baltimore, MD

#14 Nov 19, 2012
The county commission! Who are they now! Most likley the same people who was there when I was a kid! Change city council! They don't help none! Explain how they help! You pay them to take your money for nothing! More voting on all things would help the county! Not somebody to sit and say, "yeah it would be good for all!" What do they know! How to take your tax dollars and do what ever! Freedom of speech! So stop me!
Julie

Kinston, NC

#15 Nov 20, 2012
local yokal wrote:
The county commission! Who are they now! Most likley the same people who was there when I was a kid! Change city council! They don't help none! Explain how they help! You pay them to take your money for nothing! More voting on all things would help the county! Not somebody to sit and say, "yeah it would be good for all!" What do they know! How to take your tax dollars and do what ever! Freedom of speech! So stop me!
Are you sure you know what you are talking about? We sure dont.
local yokal

Newburg, MD

#16 Nov 21, 2012
Who are they now? Used to be you could start a business without ther saying so. Or they would make it hard to try too!
local yokal

Newburg, MD

#17 Nov 21, 2012
What's the last law they passed? Anyone know?
Ole Man

Kinston, NC

#18 Nov 22, 2012
To begin with if you live in a community and you dont know who the county commission or the city council are you need to just sit and keep your thoughts to yourself. People who live in a community have to vote on these offices and if you didnt vote then thats your mistake. Second the county commission or city council dont pass laws the state or federal government does. As far as starting a business anyone can as long as they do it the right way. Just remember the community cant fix stupid.......
local yokal

Newburg, MD

#19 Nov 22, 2012
So your saying there is stupid people on county commission and the city council! Why would you sit and tell somebody to keep there thought to there self then say something like that. Looks like your taking up for someone! How do you peolpe but someone in office who was a banker. Joe is a good guy. So not just anybody can run for concil. Matbe one day you'll see a sign that say LOCAL YOKAL for County commissioner!
LOL

Kinston, NC

#20 Nov 22, 2012
I do believe the Ole Man was speaking of you Local Yokal when they stated "the community cant fix stupid"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 14 hr legendfork 4,266
Hinton MOM (Jul '16) 21 hr Hilarious 27
Jessica Carr Mon rokyggggg 6
Thoughts on Sandman Motel (May '11) Mon Ralphie 22
Big, blond headed girl Destiny Oct 15 HCG 1
Dollar general in JB Oct 13 curiosity_killed_... 1
Jonathan Smith Brandy Wilson Smith Oct 13 Experiences 3

Hinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance