First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hinton

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Jun 19, 2013
I have recieved two citations in a weeks time signed by d snavely, the first was for what looked like to be a deer in my yard which should have been spelled door. The second was for an odor in my back yard where there is no odor. I believe its harrasment. If anyone else is being harrassed like this please leave me an email address as i have called the tv news people and they are more than eager to do a story on how poor residents in Hinton are being forced out. For goodness sake the city is charging a homeowners on pleasant st $500 to mow their grass. This is highway robbery and should not be legal. Just because your poor or disabled should not be a reason for the mayor to remove you from your home. I pay my taxes, i work, and i should be able to live in peace. Do not move to Hinton unless you are rich!!
Hinton

Oak Hill, WV

#2 Jun 19, 2013

“BWB Fan Forever!”

Level 3

Since: Jun 13

hinton wv

#3 Jun 19, 2013
sorry to hear about this for you but I really hope that it is the house on pleasant st that has been setting for sale for a while because it looks like a hay field and everyone else has to keep their grass mowed then I feel that they should too even if it is for sale looks to me like it wouldn't sell looking like that
whatever

United States

#4 Jun 19, 2013
Well if people in hinton would keep their places looking halfway decent mayb u would not b getting letters. its a shame what has happened down town absolutely disgusting

“BWB Fan Forever!”

Level 3

hinton wv

#5 Jun 19, 2013
whatever wrote:
Well if people in hinton would keep their places looking halfway decent mayb u would not b getting letters. its a shame what has happened down town absolutely disgusting
I do have to say that some of the complaint letters are crazy from personal experience we had gotten one for having 2 tires sitting by our fence for sale said loose tires not allowed in yards and I see just sitting around in lots of yards but oh well! and I would like to know exactly what you find absolutely disgusting downtown?
whatever

United States

#6 Jun 19, 2013
Look around houses falling down drugs everywhere really sad

“BWB Fan Forever!”

Level 3

hinton wv

#7 Jun 19, 2013
that is very true but seems to me that the right people don't or won't do anything about that and neither can I but I do wish that it wasn't like that
Summers Co Resident

Berkeley Springs, WV

#8 Jun 19, 2013
Hinton wrote:
How about the link where he was found NOT GUILTY of any wrong-doing?

I do agree that some of the citations that people are receiving are a bit much, but really look around. If people would just take care of their yards and houses, Hinton would look much better.
enid

Milton, WV

#9 Jun 20, 2013
Hinton wrote:
I have recieved two citations in a weeks time signed by d snavely, the first was for what looked like to be a deer in my yard which should have been spelled door. The second was for an odor in my back yard where there is no odor. I believe its harrasment. If anyone else is being harrassed like this please leave me an email address as i have called the tv news people and they are more than eager to do a story on how poor residents in Hinton are being forced out. For goodness sake the city is charging a homeowners on pleasant st $500 to mow their grass. This is highway robbery and should not be legal. Just because your poor or disabled should not be a reason for the mayor to remove you from your home. I pay my taxes, i work, and i should be able to live in peace. Do not move to Hinton unless you are rich!!
Mow your friggin grass then. Get the door out of your yard. You have obviously become accustomed to the odor and can't smell it.

Put your panties on and be a big girl, or boy.
Love it

Beckley, WV

#10 Jun 20, 2013
I would love to see them go in to the County and make some people clean up their property.It is terrible when you drive along our roads and see them all nasty with trash that people throws out their cars.
Dogwood

Lewisburg, WV

#11 Jun 20, 2013
Hinton wrote:
Rich or poor don't have a thing to do with it, you having a trashy house and yard does. everyone knows the trashy yellow house with a culvert on the side of it in avis is not only a fire hazard but a health hazard and people know very well who made it that way.if you don't like the rules of living in the city then move someplace else.
cheese with that whine

Mount Hope, WV

#12 Jun 21, 2013
Hinton wrote:
I have recieved two citations in a weeks time signed by d snavely, the first was for what looked like to be a deer in my yard which should have been spelled door. The second was for a odor in my back yard where there is no odor. I believe its harrasment. If anyone else is being harrassed like this please leave me an email address as i have called the tv news people and they are more than eager to do a story on how poor residents in Hinton are being forced out. For goodness sake the city is charging a homeowners on pleasant st $500 to mow their grass. This is highway robbery and should not be legal. Just because your poor or disabled should not be a reason for the mayor to remove you from your home. I pay my taxes, i work, and i should be able to live in peace. Do not move to Hinton unless you are rich!!
Get real! The TV news probably laughed at you if you were stupid enough to actually call them. I've got an idea for you...Get off topix and the telephone with the "tv news" and spend that time and energy cleaning up your yard, then the problem is solved. I don't care where you live, you should have to keep your property maintained. No one whats to look at the neighbors mess, smell odors, or possibly get mice because of your ignorance. And why would you rank poor and disabled people together? Just because you are poor doesn't make you disabled, doesn't excuse you from cleaning up your home, and doesn't automatically make you eligible for a free check or a free "ride in life". Quit whining and clean up your mess. I for one am glad the city is fining these lazy azz people. I hope they keep up the good work and clean up Hinton. People use to take such pride in their homes in the west end, now it looks awful...what a shame!
cheese with that whine

Mount Hope, WV

#13 Jun 21, 2013
My understanding is, the city has hired a man to go around county wide. Not just the city. I figure a lot of people are going to get fined in the future. I for one think it's a great idea and I think if you have a neighbor that's not keeping up their property or has trash thrown everywhere you should call city hall and report them.
Brookie

Beckley, WV

#14 Jun 21, 2013
lol what the hell authority does the city of Hinton have to tell anyone out in the county what to do with their property.......how about "mind your own business and you won't be minding mine"
U STINK THAT BAD

Beckley, WV

#15 Jun 21, 2013
If you are so disgusting and your house stinks so bad the police have to be involved..... do us a favor and get off the computer and start cleaning. Better yet, where is Joey Brown?? Lets get your address to him or Billy Gill ASAP !!!
Hinton

Oak Hill, WV

#16 Jun 21, 2013
Dogwood wrote:
<quoted text> Rich or poor don't have a thing to do with it, you having a trashy house and yard does. everyone knows the trashy yellow house with a culvert on the side of it in avis is not only a fire hazard but a health hazard and people know very well who made it that way.if you don't like the rules of living in the city then move someplace else.
u know what's funny, u r hahaha. My culvert is hell of a lot safer than a chimney. Two the inspector was just hete and said himself that there is no odor. The door went to the trash and u ms cook, need to get off welfare and hud and buy yourself a house and quit being jealous because i own mine. I don't have a landlord that i can call for every little thing, i have to pay money for it. Get a job or another fn hobby besides topix. Again thank you all for ur neighborly comments and have a nice day.
Hinton

Oak Hill, WV

#17 Jun 21, 2013
As for mr cop if he wasnt guilty then why would he resign from being a state trooper in charleston his hometown, to come 80 miles to crappy ass Hinton to become chief of police, making half the pay and non of the benefits? That would have been a stupid move for someone not guilty of anything!
Thank you

Oak Hill, WV

#18 Jun 21, 2013
Hinton wrote:
I would like to say thank you to Chief Snavely for enforcing the city code. People like this don't care how their property looks or the impact it has on our community. Putting up a wooden fence to cover up the trash and junk is not the answer to cleaning up your property. If you want to live in a city you need to go by the rules of the city government. BTW i think its a wonderful idea to call the news and have them come over im sure other people in the community would love to talk to them also. I would like to address system abuse,everything from free mail boxes at the PO to cell phones, food stamps and medicaid among a few. You dont have to be rich to live here in Hinton but being honest and law abiding sure helps.
Thank you

Oak Hill, WV

#19 Jun 21, 2013
Brookie wrote:
lol what the hell authority does the city of Hinton have to tell anyone out in the county what to do with their property.......how about "mind your own business and you won't be minding mine"
You are right Brookie the City of Hinton has no authority in the county but guess what, the county also has a man out looking at places that need cleaned up and going after property owners to get it done and its about time. Its not just a good thing but its the law.
scooby

Oak Hill, WV

#20 Jun 22, 2013
People should keep their yards clean & the grass cut. But when it comes to homes, people really may not have the money to do some of the repairs. If you run a homeowner off, where are they going to go? I hope the City is working with organizations to help these people rather than just make life harder for an already depressed place.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Texting. 43 min This is James 10
*Chane 1 Letter* (Nov '12) Thu Doug77 2,042
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Thu Alex Kissinger 3,992
Kroger warning Thu In the loop 7
Hinton MOM (Jul '16) Thu Big pickle dickle 25
That rose regalado girl Thu Big pickle dickle 1
Ghostrider mc club (Apr '09) Thu Gearhead 306

Hinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance