Not impressed with Appalachian Diner
Shame

Bluefield, WV

#62 Mar 3, 2010
*open and *their (typos)
Thea

United States

#63 Mar 4, 2010
I haven't been there recently but had decided to go there today for lunch and I hope it is not true about the prices going up. That was one thing I commented on earlier, raising prices and downsizing portions. Guess I'll check it out for myself.
just a comment

United States

#64 Mar 4, 2010
The reason businesses shy away or fail in hinton is probably the quality of labor you get from pill addicted, poorly educated, low functioning people. The people in the area have been sitting on welfare, scheming the system and dropping out of school for so many generations its actually genetic. How can you open a business in an area when you hire locals that have IQ's and abilities to retain information inferior to normal human beings? Being generous, I would give an employer a 5 percent chance of hiring a local individual who is not addicted to prescription medication or extremely low functioning. Meaning it takes 2 to 3 locals to do the job of one normal person. How can you run a business efficiently when you have to overpay because u can't get quality work from the locals???? What the appalachian diner is doing is amazing. I've been there 3 times. Food is outstanding. Overpriced? Please!!! Oh that's right your used to getting your food for free? If the diner took your food stamps you would still bitch about how much free money you had to spend. Hinton is one of the poorest most pathetic places in the whole united states. Yet this restaurant comes decorated as a tribute to the few things that are great about this poverty stricken, welfare state. Makes good food, and goes out of its way to provide I'm guessing 20 or so jobs to locals and you people rip it and bitch about it. Why don't you go fill your oxy prescription, pick up your fraudulent government check,and food stamps, continue having illegitimate children and let this business succeed, because weather you want it to or not. It will. It's not perfect, but go during the lunch or dinner rush and try to get a parking space or seat inside. And everytime I go its busier and busier. This restaurant came here and we should feel lucky somebody is trying to do something this nice for a place so ridiculous.

Since: Mar 08

Hinton

#65 Mar 4, 2010
just a comment wrote:
The reason businesses shy away or fail in hinton is probably the quality of labor you get from pill addicted, poorly educated, low functioning people. The people in the area have been sitting on welfare, scheming the system and dropping out of school for so many generations its actually genetic. How can you open a business in an area when you hire locals that have IQ's and abilities to retain information inferior to normal human beings? Being generous, I would give an employer a 5 percent chance of hiring a local individual who is not addicted to prescription medication or extremely low functioning. Meaning it takes 2 to 3 locals to do the job of one normal person. How can you run a business efficiently when you have to overpay because u can't get quality work from the locals???? What the appalachian diner is doing is amazing. I've been there 3 times. Food is outstanding. Overpriced? Please!!! Oh that's right your used to getting your food for free? If the diner took your food stamps you would still bitch about how much free money you had to spend. Hinton is one of the poorest most pathetic places in the whole united states. Yet this restaurant comes decorated as a tribute to the few things that are great about this poverty stricken, welfare state. Makes good food, and goes out of its way to provide I'm guessing 20 or so jobs to locals and you people rip it and bitch about it. Why don't you go fill your oxy prescription, pick up your fraudulent government check,and food stamps, continue having illegitimate children and let this business succeed, because weather you want it to or not. It will. It's not perfect, but go during the lunch or dinner rush and try to get a parking space or seat inside. And everytime I go its busier and busier. This restaurant came here and we should feel lucky somebody is trying to do something this nice for a place so ridiculous.
Is there a sale on "hey, make idiotic and judgmental comments based on nothing but oneself assholishness?" Because you're certainly getting your monies worth.

I know several of the people who work there - they're hard workers and they're hardly on drugs.

Some of y'all can't be satisfied. Or maybe it's that y'all can't make up your minds about what to complain about. If you're not making insane comments about how EVERYONE here are drug addicts and/or alcoholics living off of the state you're complaining and making baseless accusations that those who are trying to do better for themselves, by getting a job, are drug addicted dirty people. Pick a side or better yet, just stfu.

My husband and I were out today running errands and stopped off for a bite to eat in town when we started discussing this site and these type of moronic comments. Slamming the kids who work at McDonalds - yet going on Ad nauseam about people on welfare. I'm proud of them and I'm proud of my own.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#66 Mar 4, 2010
just a comment wrote:
The reason businesses shy away or fail in hinton is probably the quality of labor you get from pill addicted, poorly educated, low functioning people. The people in the area have been sitting on welfare, scheming the system and dropping out of school for so many generations its actually genetic. How can you open a business in an area when you hire locals that have IQ's and abilities to retain information inferior to normal human beings? Being generous, I would give an employer a 5 percent chance of hiring a local individual who is not addicted to prescription medication or extremely low functioning. Meaning it takes 2 to 3 locals to do the job of one normal person. How can you run a business efficiently when you have to overpay because u can't get quality work from the locals???? What the appalachian diner is doing is amazing. I've been there 3 times. Food is outstanding. Overpriced? Please!!! Oh that's right your used to getting your food for free? If the diner took your food stamps you would still bitch about how much free money you had to spend. Hinton is one of the poorest most pathetic places in the whole united states. Yet this restaurant comes decorated as a tribute to the few things that are great about this poverty stricken, welfare state. Makes good food, and goes out of its way to provide I'm guessing 20 or so jobs to locals and you people rip it and bitch about it. Why don't you go fill your oxy prescription, pick up your fraudulent government check,and food stamps, continue having illegitimate children and let this business succeed, because weather you want it to or not. It will. It's not perfect, but go during the lunch or dinner rush and try to get a parking space or seat inside. And everytime I go its busier and busier. This restaurant came here and we should feel lucky somebody is trying to do something this nice for a place so ridiculous.
You contradict yourself. Businesses around here can't hire locals because we're all pill heads and worthless, but then again, this business is doing well and is very good yet with local labor. Which is it?

Basically I just want to tell you to shut up.

I'm sick and tired of everyone labeling the residents of hinton as worthless pill heads.

I'll wager my education and work history against anyone here.

You lump the bad apple losers in with the people doing good here. The thousands working good jobs and having families. The people, like local doctors, who get tarnished every time one of you fools labels us all as pill heads and losers.

Shut up. Enough with your bs. If you have a lot of pill heads and losers in your life, change your life. I have none in mine. And I'm doing just fine.

I'm just tired of mouthy do nothing failures trying to bring down the entire community because that's the only way they can get their jollies.

Do you need me to spell it out for you? You're an idiot. You're just as bad as the ones complaining about the diner.

They're idiots for trying to tear down the diner, and you're an idiot for labeling the local labor force as pill heads.

But I'm arguing with rocks here. Dumb as rocks.
Just want payment

Salt Lake City, UT

#67 Mar 5, 2010
Too bad the new owners have to steal money in order to open their business. I borrowed one of the owners (John McGann) some "start up" money with the strict promise that it would be paid back by opening. Now I can't even get a phone call answered or any communication for that matter. I hope the residents that frequent the restuarant will find out about the dishonest practices of the owners.

Of course....they will probably deny this post, but what do you expect from dead beat bill payers.....PLEASE ASK THE OWNERS ABOUT THIS POST..... Maybe it will help me get paid and make them pay their bills as promised!!
hmmmm

Oak Hill, WV

#68 Mar 5, 2010
They arent the owners..They are leasees
just want payment what

United States

#69 Mar 5, 2010
"I borrowed one of the owners...." This is from your own posted comment(#67) "just want payment"
Just want to ask you about your post. Which is it..did you borrow money from them as you posted and now you want them to pay you????
This seems very odd, never heard of anyone borrowing something from a person, then want the person to pay them.????
hmmmm

Beckley, WV

#70 Mar 5, 2010
if money was loaned to one of the owners to start the business, first off, how could they expect the money back by opening, wouldnt the business have to make some money before they made payments on loan? secondly, if they loaned the owners money, wouldnt they have some documentation or something and go about getting the money through legal means. i dont see posting a blog on topix as a realistic way to get the money. sounds like another person trying to bad mouth them and hurt their business.
Ha ha

Beckley, WV

#71 Mar 5, 2010
They Should paly some music and SELL BEER, its boring as shit in there. I was falling a sleep after eating watching Bonanza reruns. Why would you have a bar type tv setup with no beer and Bonanza blairing. It sucked.
Dildozer

Beckley, WV

#72 Mar 5, 2010
I agree "HA ha". They need music and beer and hotter waitresses. "Rossanne" was on when I was in there. Not fun at all. Lame dining experience to say the least. Food was good though.
Jack Mayoffer

Beckley, WV

#73 Mar 5, 2010
God I love beer!
still stuffed

Beckley, WV

#74 Mar 5, 2010
I ate there earlier and Im still stuffed cause they give so much food! Food tasted good and good service too:) If they owe anybody money loaned to them to start the restaurant as posted- the restaurant is pretty busy so they should get their money or payments on the money. Or at least get some of the food- it was really good food.
still stuffed

Beckley, WV

#75 Mar 5, 2010
They gave me the remote when I was there. I agree they should play some music- and hide the wires behind the stereo better. The wires were dangling- usually restaurants hide them in the wall.

Since: Mar 08

Hinton

#76 Mar 5, 2010
It's a normal restaurant, not a hooters. You want to see boobs and short shorts - or less - go to a different type of place.

You want beer - I think Pizza Hut still serves it. If not I'm sure Pop's would welcome you.

They own their business - whether they lease/rent the building or not.

I'm pretty doubtful that "just want payment" is telling the truth. If I loaned my money to someone that hasn't been repaid this isn't exactly where I'd go to get it back. No, instead I'd go to a lawyer or file a civil complaint (a la Judge Judy) to seek restitution. Likely another idiot attempting to cause more drama.
Disgusted

United States

#77 Mar 6, 2010
Dildozer wrote:
I agree "HA ha". They need music and beer and hotter waitresses. "Rossanne" was on when I was in there. Not fun at all. Lame dining experience to say the least. Food was good though.
If y'all want T and A go to a bar. As I recall this place is supposed to be a diner.
umm

Beckley, WV

#78 Mar 6, 2010
anyone have a phone number or hours? I'm dyin here. lol

Since: Mar 08

Hinton

#79 Mar 6, 2010
umm wrote:
anyone have a phone number or hours? I'm dyin here. lol
Pretty sure that their phone lines are still not installed - but I know for sure that it's open by around 11am until at least 8pm. Not exactly what you asked for but hopefully somewhat helpful all the same.
Jack Mayoffer

Oak Hill, WV

#80 Mar 6, 2010
MissUnderstood wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure that their phone lines are still not installed - but I know for sure that it's open by around 11am until at least 8pm. Not exactly what you asked for but hopefully somewhat helpful all the same.
Thanks Tereasa

Since: Mar 08

Hinton

#81 Mar 6, 2010
Jack Mayoffer wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks Tereasa
lolz
If you're going to pretend that is my name you should at least learn how to spell it. ;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officer recovering after off duty shooting 1 hr Sergio Kirskoph 118
Travis and tracy 17 hr candy cane 12
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Sun City of grafton 4,390
Connie northern Sun Shame 3
Anybody know RUMPLEFORESKIN Jan 19 Skanky 1
Hey I'M BACK!!! (Dec '08) Jan 19 Bow wow 55
*Chane 1 Letter* (Nov '12) Jan 19 -Glinda- 2,166

Hinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hinton Mortgages