Reason we have drug problem

Reason we have drug problem

Posted in the Hinton Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Straight Up

Spotsylvania, VA

#1 May 28, 2012
Back in the 60,s & 70,s we got high.But the next day we were at work.No matter what.That's because when we were younger,We did as we were told.We were tough respect,And all the other things that made you a respectful person.If you did not act in this way,Then you were tough a thing called consequences.That's when you haft to answer for the way you act & Treated others.There were several ways this was accomplished,Depending on the lesson to be learned.If it was a minor thing & you did't know any better,Then you were talked to.This was all that was needed,Because you were tough at a young age.If you did something way out of line,And you knew better & did it anyway.Well thing there was something called an ass whoopen.Worked every time.As time went on and you did become a respectful person,You realized that they were right.Now a days,We have 2nd & 3rd generations of misfits.You are a abuser if you try an teach a child.Don't get me wrong.A beating is not what I am talking about.That's not the case here.And is another subject, all together.Now the parents are told what to do by the kids.20 & 30 year old's living at home, Threatening mom and dad for pill money and beer money.Rug rats in the stores telling parents whats going in the grocery basket.Throughs fits and cussing the parents out.While these parents are setting a fine example,By living on government taxes from the ones who work.This is the way you do it youngens.You get medical,food,pills.Its not what you work for,Or how you act.Its what you can get in any manner.And don't fell bad,Its suppose to work like this.Be proud & Hold your head high.You have screwed the system and every person working.Now you have 4 kids,Then all of the 4 kids kids& so on.They multiply like rats.Each generation gets worse and worse,Because they can't teach what they don't know.Now try and straighten that out!!The people selling the drugs are these idiots amongest themselves.As with any parasite,It will try and spread,In any way possible.As with any infestation,It will spread to the respected person also.As long as this growing population of people keep growing,We will have the drug problem.Of which is only one of many problems from this kind.The drug dealer is just a small portion of these perasites.
humble

Fayetteville, WV

#2 May 28, 2012
it seems you think very little of your fellow human being . l pity you and your offspring ,btw you spelled parasites .
CayA1985

Statesville, NC

#3 May 28, 2012
Straight Up wrote:
Back in the 60,s & 70,s we got high.But the next day we were at work.No matter what.That's because when we were younger,We did as we were told.We were tough respect,And all the other things that made you a respectful person.If you did not act in this way,Then you were tough a thing called consequences.That's when you haft to answer for the way you act & Treated others.There were several ways this was accomplished,Depending on the lesson to be learned.If it was a minor thing & you did't know any better,Then you were talked to.This was all that was needed,Because you were tough at a young age.If you did something way out of line,And you knew better & did it anyway.Well thing there was something called an ass whoopen.Worked every time.As time went on and you did become a respectful person,You realized that they were right.Now a days,We have 2nd & 3rd generations of misfits.You are a abuser if you try an teach a child.Don't get me wrong.A beating is not what I am talking about.That's not the case here.And is another subject, all together.Now the parents are told what to do by the kids.20 & 30 year old's living at home, Threatening mom and dad for pill money and beer money.Rug rats in the stores telling parents whats going in the grocery basket.Throughs fits and cussing the parents out.While these parents are setting a fine example,By living on government taxes from the ones who work.This is the way you do it youngens.You get medical,food,pills.Its not what you work for,Or how you act.Its what you can get in any manner.And don't fell bad,Its suppose to work like this.Be proud & Hold your head high.You have screwed the system and every person working.Now you have 4 kids,Then all of the 4 kids kids& so on.They multiply like rats.Each generation gets worse and worse,Because they can't teach what they don't know.Now try and straighten that out!!The people selling the drugs are these idiots amongest themselves.As with any parasite,It will try and spread,In any way possible.As with any infestation,It will spread to the respected person also.As long as this growing population of people keep growing,We will have the drug problem.Of which is only one of many problems from this kind.The drug dealer is just a small portion of these perasites.
I say you hit the nail on the head....but don't forget to do away with the crappy welfare system which in this day and time has taught everyone under the age of 40 to ride the system and not hold a job! Help the elderly but make the young ones get a job. Should we allow help for the younger generation during hard times, then only allow it for one year per every 5 yrs worked OR 3 yrs during lifetime of non-workers. There needs to be less incentives to sit on your A$$!! I got my butt whipped with whatever was laying closest to my moms hand at the time and I didn't consider it abuse...it taught me she was the one with the control and I respected that! And then in rare cases, we have little kids who are actually smarter than their parents...they rise above all the years of dealing with drug infested or alcoholic parents. I left Hinton many years ago to find work and not a day goes by that I don't miss being there with my family. Hinton officials need to get off their butts and look for ways to get jobs back in the area so people like myself can move back and be productive citizens. People shouldn't have to drive 50 miles one way to shop or to go to work. Hinton was a booming town at one time and probably could be again someday if the right people were running it. Make people want to come back to Hinton whether to live or for summer tourism. They also need to clean up the downtown area and tear down some of the old run down condemned houses. When they start cleaning it up and investing some time into things then maybe people will get excited about it and will want more out of life to contribute to the cause. Sorry for the rambling but this just hits home to me.
whatever

Oak Hill, WV

#4 May 28, 2012
nobody will work period the govt takes care of them and they are happy bull shit
backasswards

Fayetteville, WV

#5 May 29, 2012
wow you people are really clueless , can't you see that your the real problem !
not worken

Oak Hill, WV

#6 May 30, 2012
whatever wrote:
nobody will work period the govt takes care of them and they are happy bull shit
Why should i work for 8.00 an hour, which is about what places around here pay when i get more than that from human services, besides i get insurance a cell phone and a place to live. ive seen several jobs around but really!!! 8.00 an hour? besides this country owes me everything i get.
Unkle Bob

United States

#7 May 30, 2012
not worken wrote:
<quoted text>Why should i work for 8.00 an hour, which is about what places around here pay when i get more than that from human services, besides i get insurance a cell phone and a place to live. ive seen several jobs around but really!!! 8.00 an hour? besides this country owes me everything i get.
You have no pride. People like you are the problem in this country. 8 bucks an hour? Ever consider leaving to find prosperity? Be sure to vote for Obama this fall! You're his kinda guy.
not worken

Oak Hill, WV

#8 May 31, 2012
To begin with im not a guy!!!! And why should i take a job for such little pay? Im single and have a kid to take care of so i cant work thats why i get foodstamps and a check. I really hope you people dont think anyone would take a job for such little pay.
rod munch

Charleston, WV

#9 May 31, 2012
I am tired too...of my tax dollars going to fund
A class of unproductive, worthless leeches of society.
What was once a helping hand is now for West Virginians
A career choice. Instead of having nice roads, more police,
And decent schools our tax dollars gets to fund piss poor
Lifestyle choices of young guys claiming some ailment
That doesn't affect the fun stuff only work. The out of
Wedlock moms pumping out kids she herself would
Have no chance to pay for...and of course my favorite
The pillheads that are making the mountain state a
Better place to live!!!!
Anonymous

Beckley, WV

#10 May 31, 2012
whatever wrote:
nobody will work period the govt takes care of them and they are happy bull shit
that's right nobody works. Anywhere. Ever. Except you I'm sure
River Ridge

Elkview, WV

#11 May 31, 2012
it used to be that hunger and no shelter were the big motivators to work. Now the motivators to work are gone. why sh=ould anyone work if they dont have to worry about starving or being homeless. Get tough or die I say!
CayA1985

Statesville, NC

#12 May 31, 2012
not worken wrote:
To begin with im not a guy!!!! And why should i take a job for such little pay? Im single and have a kid to take care of so i cant work thats why i get foodstamps and a check. I really hope you people dont think anyone would take a job for such little pay.
This type of attitude will carry on down to your child and teach him or her no work ethics either. It's sad you feel this way......but if you got hungry enough I would hope you'd take that $8.00 / hr job and be thankful for it. When I lived in Hinton, I worked at the nursing home and made minimum wage of $3.35 hr so to hear you say you won't work for $8.00 hr hits a nerve. I'm sure the welfare dept would help you on child care since they seem to be meeting all your other needs so well. Don't speak like your so proud of being kept by the state.
boop

Fayetteville, WV

#13 May 31, 2012
not worken wrote:
To begin with im not a guy!!!! And why should i take a job for such little pay? Im single and have a kid to take care of so i cant work thats why i get foodstamps and a check. I really hope you people dont think anyone would take a job for such little pay.
I work for less than $8.00 an hour and I have two kids. You are no better than me or anyone else who works because we have some pride in the feeling of knowing we earned the food we eat, the place we sleep, and everything we own. You are lazy and you are teaching your child to be lazy. You don't have any self respect and your child will never respect you either. What happens when the country goes broke and you have no choice to work or not eat. I was taught that if you don't work you don't eat.
Jean

Milford, VA

#14 May 31, 2012
You can get child care for free if you wanted to work but why work when you can lay on your a$$ and have another baby for more money. I think the system needs to make you all work for nothing to help pay your way. Help the old by cleaning their houses. Clean the welfare offices, swipe the roads. Work your lazy A## off for our money that we worked for.
1 post removed
Unkle Bob

United States

#16 Jun 1, 2012
My compliments to the last 4 posts. Its plain to see y'all have your heads on straight. Maybe some day the not worken child will grow up and do the right thing. People have no pride anymore.
Dope heads

Blytheville, AR

#17 Jun 5, 2012
the reason we have a drug problem? Go to the corner of 6th ave. and watch!!!!
not worken

Lubbock, TX

#18 Jun 5, 2012
You people can say what you want but the government owes me for being a citizen of this country. The money and things i get from them are really mine to begin with. I get a check, medical card Foodstamps from DHHR and housing from HUD, My cell phone and car is paid for by the state. This is all government money im intitled to, its not your money and im not taking it out of your pocket so quit your bitching, and let us live .
who

Sophia, WV

#19 Jun 5, 2012
i pay tax's and that's what keep your a## shit. a house ,free phone ,food stamps, and what you get from the state. and if i get out of work the state want's to help me.
Anonymous

Beckley, WV

#20 Jun 5, 2012
who wrote:
i pay tax's and that's what keep your a## shit. a house ,free phone ,food stamps, and what you get from the state. and if i get out of work the state want's to help me.
what job could you possibly have with those grammatical skills?
fred

Hansford, WV

#21 Jun 5, 2012
Dope heads wrote:
the reason we have a drug problem? Go to the corner of 6th ave. and watch!!!!
who's on 6th.ave.I think it's on the corner of 7th.ave. Temple st. and up at the alley on the left side the corner house

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 4 hr UTrashy 1,477
who is brittany bowels (Aug '13) 9 hr Gizmo 79
Hinton of the 1950"s (Oct '09) 11 hr PIPESTEM BOY 1942 2,544
Beth Williams 14 hr Sandra143 4
Roger Reed From Meadow Creek... (Feb '10) 17 hr info 15
Kendra oxley 18 hr how?? 3
Face up Kari Tue Pay Up 4

Hinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hinton Mortgages