Southern Sanitation
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Need2Know

Rocky Mount, NC

#1 Feb 19, 2010
Is there a trash pick-up service in the area other than Southern Sanitation? They suck. They haven't picked up our trash in 3 weeks! I'm tired of paying for a service that I'm not receiving. I understand the weather has been bad but there was NO REASON for them to not pick up our trash this week. We passed the trash truck on our way out the other day and they STILL DIDN'T PICK IT UP!!!!
they should

United States

#2 Feb 19, 2010
take some of the bill,and ther is trash scattered everywhere,where they havent been picking it up
they should

United States

#3 Feb 19, 2010
off of bill.sorry keys are sticking
What they really

Ogden, AR

#4 Feb 20, 2010
they should wrote:
take some of the bill,and ther is trash scattered everywhere,where they havent been picking it up
Need to do is buy some new trucks for the employees that have to pick up the trash. Most of the trucks are so old that they spend more time in the shop then out on the routes picking up garbage. Ask any of the employees that drive for them they will probably tell you the same thing.
TRASH EVERYWHERE

United States

#5 Feb 20, 2010
Trash all over place in our community too!!! Have suffered no trash pickup also!! Frustrating!! A mess!
Need2Know

Rocky Mount, NC

#6 Feb 20, 2010
We all need to band together and not pay them for the weeks they don't pick up our trash! I bet they would make a greater effort to pick it up when their pocket book starts to suffer. When I called to ask them about it all I got was a rude attitude and "we'll try to pick it up next week." They don't make trash cans big enough to hold a month's worth of trash. Dogs keep getting into ours. Not to mention how "trashy" it looks (no pun intended).
I am not worried

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Feb 20, 2010
These guys seem to be working hard to get everywhere they can. I was out driving the other day and seen that one was being pulled out of a ditch! Seems to me some of the people should worry about their safety and consideration that they are out working. Have any of the people who have posted not ever been on a side rd or slick roads! No my trash has not been picked up either. I am just waiting patiently! I also pay a bill each month, unlike I would say 1/2 that don't and get free trash. I reported someone the other day and I sure hope they get fined too! It's not fair that I pay and they don't!

Since: Oct 08

Snowshoe, WV

#8 Feb 20, 2010
I live up a dirt road and it is very treacherous when there is snow on the road. I go sometimes in the winter for up to 6 weeks that my trash is not picked up. I just wait because I know that he will get here as soon as he feels it is safe. I was just out on friday and seen one of the trash trucks running in my area but I also seen a lot of trash that was buried under several inches of snow. These guys are not going to dig that trash out of the snow to pick it up. So if you want your trash picked up on your regular pick up day then you need to make sure the trash is easily accessed which means you might have to dig it out of the mountain of snow it is under.
The way

Beckley, WV

#9 Feb 21, 2010
The way I see it is this... If I am paying for a service and I don't receive that service, then I am not going to pay the bill in full. If I was paying someone to mow my grass once a week and they only show up one time that month to mow, but wanted paid for the entire month I would not pay. The same goes for trash pick up.

Since: Oct 08

Snowshoe, WV

#10 Feb 21, 2010
This is what I was told one time many years ago when I called about it. They told me that even though they could not get to me to pick up my trash the trash was still accumulating so that they were still picking up the same amount of trash that they would have if they had picked it up every week. It is highly unlikely that anyone will get a discount on their trash bill or anything for free. You may as well stop your griping and complaining and deal with it. This winter has been hard on everyone.
I agree

Charleston, WV

#11 Feb 21, 2010
Im not going to pay for the month of Feb. Im going to add a note and mail it to the office. Ive seen the trucks run up and down the road theres no excuse why they couldnt have picked it up. I think Im just going to start to haul my garbage to the landfill myself. At least I wont have to worry when or if its going to get picked up.
get a life

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Feb 21, 2010
you need to realize that your roads are NOT wide enough for these trucks to turn around in, pass another vehicle or even be able to back into, but here's a thought.. the next time you come out to go to mcd's for that burger, toss those bags in the back of your truck, and take it to the lot yourself, try helping these guys out for a change, but then that would mean a little work for you wouldn't it?
have at it

Dallas, TX

#13 Feb 21, 2010
I agree wrote:
Im not going to pay for the month of Feb. Im going to add a note and mail it to the office. Ive seen the trucks run up and down the road theres no excuse why they couldnt have picked it up. I think Im just going to start to haul my garbage to the landfill myself. At least I wont have to worry when or if its going to get picked up.
How many trips to Beckley or Bozoo Landfill do you think you can make for what you pay now.? Even with the weather problems lately it's a bargan ! Go to Beckley pay $10 bucks to dump. pay 20 bucks for gas , and thats 1 days collection, we know with what your complaining about them you can't stand to hold on to it for 3 weeks and take a whole load to the dump to save money !

4 trips a month and I bet you call them back up and say please put me back on the list !!
Margaret

Oak Hill, WV

#14 Feb 22, 2010
I agree with all of you. Southern sanitation ought to post somehing on line when they decide to pick up trash. My trash hasnt been picked up since first part of February. Trash is everywhere They need to hire in some more trucks to help the problem. City will be infested with all kinds of rats soon. No snow where I live and it shouldnt be a problem picking up. It might be another snow soon and then what will be the reason.
What a joke

Chesterfield, MO

#15 Feb 22, 2010
Phillip Gwinn is a rude person. Hes always hateful when you call. Not big Phillip its his son. He is a spoiled little bastard that has always been babied and handed everything on a gold platter. He s so much better than the rest of us.Hes a joke.....
fed up

Oak Hill, WV

#16 Feb 22, 2010
ya they sux at their job a bunch of lazy SOBS !!!
Sommerlei

Princeton, WV

#17 Feb 22, 2010
OK I was just going to sit back and ignore this thread but Fed Up you just pissed me the f*ck off. Who in the h*ll do you think you are saying they are a bunch of lazy sobs? My husband is a driver for Southern Sanitation and he most definately is not a lazy man. He treats everyone with respect and tries his hardest to do what is right with everyone. He has been busting his *ss every workday to pick up trash for a bunch of people who don't give a d*mn whether or not the truck can make it up their one lane road with no where to turn or back up to. If you are so d*mn worried about your nasty trash being picked up do them a favor and put it where they can get it without having to worry about tearing up someones property. Quit your b*tching about the trash service. It will all be picked up soon. Then you will have something else to b*tch about. As for those of you who say you are not going to pay your bill, don't pay it. Then it won't get picked up at all. Don't you think that the guys who work at Southern Sanitation are doing their best to pick up all the trash you have out? It is going to take more than one d*mn day to get it all up. The guys have been doing two routes at a time to help each other out and try to get everyone's trash up. Do any of you care that they are busting their *ss? No all you want to do is moan and groan. My suggestion when you come to town load some up in your trunk and bring it on to the office. Otherwise sit back and wait!
oh well

Ogden, AR

#18 Feb 22, 2010
give 'em a break. look at how the weathers been. it takes time to collect 3 weeks worth of trash and a lot of running to do it.
Fed up

Gwynn Oak, MD

#19 Jul 12, 2016
I am tired coming home to find tssh and broken glass in front of my home and driveway I have s dog that has to walk out there don't keep transferring trash from one truck to the next I'm front of my house do that dhit somewhere else!!!!?
WVSucks

Waynesboro, VA

#20 Nov 27, 2016
Need2Know wrote:
Is there a trash pick-up service in the area other than Southern Sanitation? They suck. They haven't picked up our trash in 3 weeks! I'm tired of paying for a service that I'm not receiving. I understand the weather has been bad but there was NO REASON for them to not pick up our trash this week. We passed the trash truck on our way out the other day and they STILL DIDN'T PICK IT UP!!!!
This girl down below us was told her furniture be picked up a certain day, it sat in the side of her driveway for over a month. better business bureau. take photos and document everything. The couch was lovely to see all month 3 or 4 times a day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 7 min Dead Head 4,471
Jonney pence (May '17) 1 hr Lol 5
School closing and delays (Dec '10) 2 hr Linda 21
Cox girl or boy? 6 hr Lol 3
Who is The Rothschilds family, Rocafellers & Ge... 19 hr Sergio Kirskoph 15
Brian Tincher 19 hr Citizen 1 1
Overdose Apr 17 Maddog 14

Hinton Jobs

Personal Finance

Hinton Mortgages