denise

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2014

i guess everybody has heard about the new location, unfortunately early this morning someone tried to set the building on fire. my husband found the building full of smoke. what they had done was set a gas soaked tire on fire in the basement. thank goodness it was already out, but not before damage was done. we feel that this is not personally towards us we feel like its someone trying to prevent it from opening. we know someone out there knows who is being paid to do this. we need your help please if you know anything contact the police or fire department with any information. this will not prevent us opening. we look forward to seeing everyone. thank you denise and Rodney.
creek

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

Where was the new location?
denise

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

one and a half miles from old river rock a very nice lot on the river
Good luck

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2014

Prayers for a fantastic new opening! This town can use all the new businesses & jobs it can get.
Have a good time

Peterstown, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2014

can a older man come and have fun at this new club alone ? and where is this club at ??
Concerned citizen

Unionville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2014

Judged:

It was wrong for someone to set that tire on fire and I hope they catch the person or people responsible for doing that. I do however think that a bar is the last thing they need up there. I don't understand why Hinton has not become a dry county yet. There are so many druggies in Hinton and lots of drunks on third, and that is bad enough without adding another bar. Yes it would probably give a few people a job, but how many lives will it take in the process? When the Cameo was there I was terrified to come past there on the weekends, because I did not want a drunk pulling out in front of me or somebody shooting because their spouse is at the bar with someone else. It would be nice if their was a place here that you could take your family to dance and listen to live bands, and most of all NO Alcohol! This town needs more for our children to do so that they are not turning into drunks or druggies. Wake up people!
wow

Clinton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

Try teaching your children not to be drunks/druggies rather than the welfare "family business." Try teaching them not to have babies at 16 years old. While that may not pertain to you in particular, it does to most of this county. It's not a bar's fault your children are worthless slugs. Teach them better. Those of us who are responsible adults & would like to listen to music and have a couple drinks now and then are looking forward to a decent bar that's not on 3rd.
Concerned citizen wrote:
It was wrong for someone to set that tire on fire and I hope they catch the person or people responsible for doing that. I do however think that a bar is the last thing they need up there. I don't understand why Hinton has not become a dry county yet. There are so many druggies in Hinton and lots of drunks on third, and that is bad enough without adding another bar. Yes it would probably give a few people a job, but how many lives will it take in the process? When the Cameo was there I was terrified to come past there on the weekends, because I did not want a drunk pulling out in front of me or somebody shooting because their spouse is at the bar with someone else. It would be nice if their was a place here that you could take your family to dance and listen to live bands, and most of all NO Alcohol! This town needs more for our children to do so that they are not turning into drunks or druggies. Wake up people!
Wvu

Oceana, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

Woo! Another damn bar in summers county that all we need more drunks on the fn road
jusssayin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

Judged:

The negativity about a bar opening amuses me to no end. Yes, people will drink. Some may even drink & drive when leaving from the bar. But how do we blame the bar for that? People are going to drink (& drive) wether the bar opens or not. How do we blame the bar for a drunks poor judgement? I suppose shootings & stabbings leave gun/knife retail stores to blame? Seems legit.
Concerned citizen

Unionville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

I teach my kids everyday about drugs and drinking. My kids are not the ones I worry about being there. If any of you would ever lose so wine to a drunk driving accident you would feel the same way. Like I said it would be nice if there was a place that families can take their children for family outings that did not have to revolve around alcohol. Nothing good comes from it. I really hope they find out who done that to the bar.
ImNeitherHereNor There

Eleanor, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2014

Judged:

Maybe, they should put up a big sign 100 yards from the building going each way saying "Bar within 100 YRDS, Yield & Take Caution."

lol....Why do you even care about the bar? people drive drunk and messed up, under the influence, no matter where you are! you know its there so be cautious of other cars and go on with your life,. Don't bad mouth a place just because you might not like it, that's not your place to say anything at all! Its a business, an entertainment establishment, Enjoy it, and get over yourselves. PEACE Not WAR!
Nasty

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2014

Hope they have strippers
MindMap

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2014

Judged:

ImNeitherHereNorThere wrote:
Maybe, they should put up a big sign 100 yards from the building going each way saying "Bar within 100 YRDS, Yield & Take Caution."
lol....Why do you even care about the bar? people drive drunk and messed up, under the influence, no matter where you are! you know its there so be cautious of other cars and go on with your life,. Don't bad mouth a place just because you might not like it, that's not your place to say anything at all! Its a business, an entertainment establishment, Enjoy it, and get over yourselves. PEACE Not WAR!
Great Point....VoTe Libretarian!
kilroy

Delaware, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2014

Judged:

Even 40 years ago when I left Hinton, there wasn't a whole lot to do around there except go to church or go to the joints and shoot pool/drink beer.
Hinton "powers" have, for many years, opposed any and all kinds of activities and or businesses that provide entertainment and diversion to young folk so those young who manage to grow up there know how to drink and shoot pool **or** they know how to go to church and not much else.
The tennis courts was a little help but not much and after the railroad pulled out, there was squat to do or to work at.
Darned shame since Hinton is really a pretty town and it _could_ be vital and alive if only the resident powers would allow it (but that would destroy their little empire and they would cease being big fish in a little pool).
Concerned citizen wrote:
hum

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2014

Judged:

kilroy your so right maybe they should focus on finding the persons responsible for setting the fires, instead who might drink a beer and eat.
Buckwheat

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 28, 2014

Judged:

Concerned citizen wrote:
There should be, There should be, There should be, Talk talk talk. If you feel that there should be a place for family, Sooo badly. How come you have done NOTHING to make it happen.
carma

Waldorf, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2014

I think it will be great

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Hinton Forum right now

Search the Hinton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 5 min Mgtn Res 54,352
joey brown 42 min Billy Ray 3
Jerry Bragg 46 min wild child 19
Andy Lyons 4 hr Hmm 5
state water festival 23 hr cuz 24
the lilly pad Wed lol 14
its fun breaking up marriages&relationships Jul 29 Billy Ray 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hinton Jobs

•••