darkside of hinton wv summers county ...

darkside of hinton wv summers county history

Posted in the Hinton Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tlvdatsi

Hillsboro, WV

#1 Mar 20, 2012
let it out. family stories and all. stuff the railroad days bright side doesn't like to talk about.

there was a jewish man in the area by the name of boaz or boez who took in freed slaves who looked white and made them "relatives" in order to help them integrate into white society.
there is a fair number of people in the county who are from tri-racial groups. as in, part white, part black, part indian. some are richmonds, gores, manns, and possibly shanklins. anymore?
whore houses filled hinton , especially on front street back in the old days. heard madams creek got its name because there was a whore house up that road. and they are run by a "madam".
it's 2012, time to dump the skeletons and be human.
1 post removed
BSM

United States

#3 Mar 20, 2012
I dont know any, but would love to here some good TRUE stories about the area!
Faith

United States

#4 Mar 20, 2012
I've heard the same thing about Madam's Creek from people who's families have lived there for generations.
MysteryHistory

Oak Hill, WV

#5 Mar 22, 2012
tlvdatsi wrote:
let it out. family stories and all. stuff the railroad days bright side doesn't like to talk about.

there was a jewish man in the area by the name of boaz or boez who took in freed slaves who looked white and made them "relatives" in order to help them integrate into white society.
there is a fair number of people in the county who are from tri-racial groups. as in, part white, part black, part indian. some are richmonds, gores, manns, and possibly shanklins. anymore?
whore houses filled hinton , especially on front street back in the old days. heard madams creek got its name because there was a whore house up that road. and they are run by a "madam".
it's 2012, time to dump the skeletons and be human.
I want to hear more too! Come on guys who cares let's find out more. I heard that part about Maddams Creak too btw.
tlvdatsi

Hillsboro, WV

#6 Mar 22, 2012
a lot of the dicks up ramp area aren't actually "dick"'s. they're jewish. ever find round stones on headstones in the graveyards?

Level 9

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#7 Mar 24, 2012
I was told that the big white house, that they just tore down by the bridge, was a 'madam's' house. When men waanted to go there, they would ring a bell near the train station and a man would row across the river and take them to the house. The rower was a busy man. The creek that runs right beside that house got its name from her, as did the road. I never heard her real name. That little yellow house was probably part of the business. But with this road project, as of a couple of months ago, they're gone now.
3 posts removed
BSM

United States

#11 Mar 24, 2012
Very interesting stuff...keep it up i wanna hear more!
Lil

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Mar 24, 2012
To many nosey people.Like to keep puting others down.When will it stop?Why dont u just post it in the newspaper because alot of people dont get on topix.
snow white

Tarboro, NC

#13 Mar 24, 2012
BSM wrote:
I dont know any, but would love to here some good TRUE stories about the area!
go to a site on facebook and type in i grew up in hinton, wv it's really interesting and has pictures and all. i wouldn'r believe anything you read onthis website.
snow white

Tarboro, NC

#14 Mar 24, 2012
quilterqueen wrote:
I was told that the big white house, that they just tore down by the bridge, was a 'madam's' house. When men waanted to go there, they would ring a bell near the train station and a man would row across the river and take them to the house. The rower was a busy man. The creek that runs right beside that house got its name from her, as did the road. I never heard her real name. That little yellow house was probably part of the business. But with this road project, as of a couple of months ago, they're gone now.
that white house was a hud house and had several families living in it. you need to quit using the word probably since YOU probably have no idea what hinton is about. you need to keep your rude comments to yourself not unless you were the madam that lived in that house and knew that everything you are putting up here is true. nothing to do with all your spare time? i've got a idea, why don't you go get a JOB. you know them things where you go and actually have to work. in case you didn't know what a job meant.
ur crazy

Ghent, WV

#15 Mar 24, 2012
snow white wrote:
<quoted text> that white house was a hud house and had several families living in it. you need to quit using the word probably since YOU probably have no idea what hinton is about. you need to keep your rude comments to yourself not unless you were the madam that lived in that house and knew that everything you are putting up here is true. nothing to do with all your spare time? i've got a idea, why don't you go get a JOB. you know them things where you go and actually have to work. in case you didn't know what a job meant.
Ole QuiltinQueen was referring to the long ago past when a ferry used to cross the New River. Stop the drugs, they have impaired your reading comprehension. There was no Dang thing called HUD 100 years ago! You could sleep in a cave or prostitute yourself out for a room but HUD did not exist.
tlvdatsi

Hillsboro, WV

#16 Mar 25, 2012
Lil wrote:
To many nosey people.Like to keep puting others down.When will it stop?Why dont u just post it in the newspaper because alot of people dont get on topix.
no one's putting anyone down. it's just history the snobbish railroad days crowd doesn't like for people to know. not everything was all rosey and unicorns.

the racists bunch hate the tri-racial history. especially the ones spouting, my great great grandma was a cherokee princess, crap.
history is knowledge

Charleston, WV

#17 Apr 1, 2012
snow white wrote:
<quoted text> that white house was a hud house and had several families living in it. you need to quit using the word probably since YOU probably have no idea what hinton is about. you need to keep your rude comments to yourself not unless you were the madam that lived in that house and knew that everything you are putting up here is true. nothing to do with all your spare time? i've got a idea, why don't you go get a JOB. you know them things where you go and actually have to work. in case you didn't know what a job meant.
Snow white (yeh right)....the whole point was I believe they were making was that this little town has a past that certain families don't want to let out especially the whorehouses and the early integration of families that was suppose to be segregated back then and they formed all those little groups (KKK)) and others that opposed such habitual actions. Every now and then if a person of a different culture is lucky and search the properties they purchase, they will find names and history of such people carved in stone or wood. I'm loving this history lesson of the past! LMAO.... I hope we continue to break that barrier they choose to keep going.
history is knowledge

Charleston, WV

#18 Apr 1, 2012
tlvdatsi wrote:
<quoted text>
no one's putting anyone down. it's just history the snobbish railroad days crowd doesn't like for people to know. not everything was all rosey and unicorns.
the racists bunch hate the tri-racial history. especially the ones spouting, my great great grandma was a cherokee princess, crap.
hey tlvdatsi, just where are you getting your info? You say the railroad days people are trying to keep this history under cover just where did you go digging. Some little towns make a fortune on that info..lol..shows how hush hush this lil' ole town is. Props to the families that don't mind disclosing such info. Loving it because it!
gotta b joking

Ghent, WV

#19 Apr 1, 2012
history is knowledge wrote:
<quoted text>
hey tlvdatsi, just where are you getting your info? You say the railroad days people are trying to keep this history under cover just where did you go digging. Some little towns make a fortune on that info..lol..shows how hush hush this lil' ole town is. Props to the families that don't mind disclosing such info. Loving it because it!
Anyone from Hinton should be able to tell you that Madame's Creek was a red light district & everyone I know thought the white house being discussed was indeed an old whore house. Some funny history can be read in the book, "The History of Summers County" by a Judge Miller written around 1906 I think.
True

Paragould, AR

#20 Apr 1, 2012
it used to be a feed store and a general store i used to live there and we done the history on it when i was in school.The building that is still standing 3 stories is the one you r talking about.
Hope

Beaver, WV

#21 Apr 2, 2012
I have always heard that Hinton is cursed. That's coming from my older relatives and friends.
dsh

Ripley, WV

#22 Apr 3, 2012
Dark side always involves the cops in Summers County.

Riser murder
Keaton civil rights
Hatcher civil rights
Sears civil rights
etc
tlvdatsi

Hillsboro, WV

#23 Apr 3, 2012
cursed? maybe. wouldn't be surprised with all the drowning of old indian burial grounds, desecration of them, and drowning of cemetaries by the dam.

hell, because of prohibition and other dark things that have happened, if all the dead suddenly got up and walked, summers county would have a serious overpopulation problem.

the info is word of mouth, family stories and such.
tlvdatsi

Hillsboro, WV

#24 Apr 3, 2012
Lil wrote:
the only people worried about it are the ones who lied,stole, and murdered. or the ones who are actually tri-racial , or even just part black and claim a cherokee ancestor. either shut up or get a GOOD dna test done.
or the ones whose great (or even great great) granny who worked a whore house and couldn't tell you who the daddy really was and covered it up. not a biggie. people do what they do and shite happens. get over it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kirk a sugardaddy? 5 hr afriend 53
kirk BUSTED!!!!! finally lol 5 hr afriend 4
*Chane 1 Letter* (Nov '12) 5 hr Not Of This World... 1,295
Tresia Blackburn 6 hr wondering 3
last letter first (Sep '13) 6 hr Honest Babe 856
Change one letter.... (Oct '08) 6 hr Honest Babe 2,157
Change A Word Game (Jul '11) 6 hr Honest Babe 2,687
More from around the web

Hinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE