First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sunshine

AOL

#1 Dec 4, 2010
Does anyone know where the fire is at tonight. I heard something on the scanner, but I did not catch where it was at. I hope no one got hurt. It is a bad night to have a house fire. I heard something about the brick road. Again where was the fire?
missy

Oak Hill, WV

#2 Dec 4, 2010
Does anyone know where the fire was and the damages? Did anyone get hurt?
Hmm

Mount Hope, WV

#3 Dec 4, 2010
The row houses on Temple St. near 8th or 9th Ave. Didnt see any flames just now, must have gotten it out.
1 post removed
need anything

Snowshoe, WV

#5 Dec 5, 2010
I too heard about the fire, I have 2 kids and if there were kids that lost anything let us know so we can see what we can come up with in the line of clothes.
horsedickdotcom

Hansford, WV

#6 Dec 5, 2010
kirt the sinch got burnt out
1 post removed
jasmine

Snowshoe, WV

#8 Dec 5, 2010
hey horsedickdotcom sounds like u know something how about it?
jasmine

Snowshoe, WV

#9 Dec 5, 2010
i really hope know one got hurt in the fire, does anyone know how it got started?
bubbles

Marlinton, WV

#10 Dec 5, 2010
horsedickdotcom wrote:
kirt the sinch got burnt out
there were kids in that house azzhole.
hey Harpar

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Dec 5, 2010
Harpar wrote:
I am sorry about the loss.
What really bothers me is the way the police made no effort to route traffic through,which they could have easily done since Summers St. was still open. This caused a lot of problems for being trying to get home from second shifts at SCARH, the nursing home, and Princeton Community. Hopefully, they are not getting kickbacks from local motel owners.
You are old and working shift work at SCARH. I'm sure you did need to get home. So why didn't you cut down and travel through the alley until you were beyond 9th Ave.?
hey

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Dec 5, 2010
who was the family that lived there?
Resident

Charleston, WV

#13 Dec 5, 2010
hey Harpar wrote:
<quoted text>You are old and working shift work at SCARH. I'm sure you did need to get home. So why didn't you cut down and travel through the alley until you were beyond 9th Ave.?
If you went down 7th and turned right, the alley was blocked at 8th.
someone

Hansford, WV

#14 Dec 6, 2010
You have to think, if it was at your house, you wouldn't care where they parked just as long as they were trying to save your belongings. You wouldn't care about traffic as long as it wasn't trying to harm you in any other way. People are such idiots. I'm sure the city didn't think about overnight traffic because they were working an emergency scene.
1 post removed
17th Ave

AOL

#16 Dec 6, 2010
Harpar wrote:
Nonetheless, it is a police responsibility to do such things. The street was closed for hours. That was poor performance by city cops. Cops do not fight fires, they do things like block traffic and reroute it.
That's exactly right. More than a few guys from Beckley, who work for CSX, were extra late for work because the traffic snarl.

Those cops will never get a job on the railroad now.
get over it

Oak Hill, WV

#17 Dec 6, 2010
You people that are bitching the only reason you are mad is because they didnt let you through so you could do some rubber-necking and be right up in everything.
hey

Oak Hill, WV

#18 Dec 6, 2010
Does anyone know if the people in that house needs any help with clothing or toys for their kids?
Pretty bad, they loss their house and no one is helping them out; just complaining about the police and blocked roads.
Resident

Elkview, WV

#19 Dec 6, 2010
Harpar wrote:
Nonetheless, it is a police responsibility to do such things. The street was closed for hours. That was poor performance by city cops. Cops do not fight fires, they do things like block traffic and reroute it.
I agree 100%. There was very little traffic on Summers St. The traffic could have been routed toward Sandstone, then blocked at 7th and allowed to come from that end. It works with the state road and construction crews.
Lavendar

Oak Hill, WV

#20 Dec 6, 2010
get over it wrote:
You people that are bitching the only reason you are mad is because they didnt let you through so you could do some rubber-necking and be right up in everything.
There was also the Christmas dance that happened on teh same night that made it almost impossible, if not impossible to pickup/return home with the children attending.
Along with people who actually have to work for a living.
I'm so tired of people who just park in the alley's as if it's their personal extra parking spaces - just happened to be bad timing. The police, who really should have been directing the traffic since they are not trained to deal with fires and I daresay that they weren't, should start handing out hefty tickets to the ones who park, blocking these side streets.

Speaking of bad timing shame that there was a fire at all. Especially so close to the holiday's. I really hope that everyone got out safely, were able to grab the things that are not replaceable, ie pictures, and that the family had insurance.
1 post removed
hey

Oak Hill, WV

#22 Dec 7, 2010
Okay, I have ask and will do it again: Does this family need clothing, toys for the children, or anything? Please try to get over the police and traffic problems; there was a family who lost their home & it is around the Holidays. Can we help them in some way?
lynn

United States

#23 Dec 7, 2010
i hate to see anyone lose their home. i also hate to be negative, but i would be careful with any cash donations. i know a couple who lost everything in a house fire, so we worked together to get them cash donations. they had enough money to buy a newer model trailor and replace most of their belongings. instead, they now have hud paying for them to rent, because they smoked up all the donations buying crack.
Holdyaheadup

Sumerco, WV

#24 Dec 7, 2010
These people lost everything.. Kirk is a good guy he has two little children who lost all their clothes, toys, and how I took it all their christmas presents that they have raked up to get only thing I know how to get ahold of them is that he works at mcdonalds in beaver during the week..I went by the house that burnt down and it was a total loss to bad people in hinton don't have hearts only thing they can bitch about is the traffic and his past. People tend to forget how to be human. And of course the people that live next door house was damage and it wasn't but a month ago they buried a family member. It makes me sad that people here have no heart at all. But I have noticed the same people that get put down on here for being dopey's are out there gathering stuff up for these people, and their kids. I mean a 3 year old and a baby lost everthing. Plus this was a very young couple that lost their house..So keep them in mind and if I find out how to get in contact with them I'll let you know..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Officer recovering after off duty shooting 10 hr Truth 50
Hinton of the 1950"s (Oct '09) 11 hr PIPESTEM BOY 1942 2,552
pee wee patarson 13 hr Observer 7
Greg Carr Sun True 5
Dj adkins Sun Bee 35
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Sun Bee 4,300
Travis gill (Sep '15) Sat Big dog 15

Hinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance