Was WVU Footballs move to the BIG 12 ...

Was WVU Footballs move to the BIG 12 a mistake

Created by Joe Six Pack on Jul 23, 2012

26 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Time will tell

“Big egos have little ears.”

Level 2

Since: Apr 08

Earth

#1 Jul 23, 2012
I think it was a good decision. Better competition will lead to better rankings.
wvu

Bedford, VA

#2 Jul 23, 2012
i mean dont get me wrong the big east was about dead anyway but i sure wont be flying to texas as much as i would have drove to pitt
meee

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Jul 24, 2012
You have to be a complete moron, or a marshall fan to believe it wasn't the right move. It was the only move.
LOL

Marlinton, WV

#4 Jul 24, 2012
uuhhhhhh.......... who gives a sh*t?
GoEERS

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Jan 27, 2013
Being in the Big 12 sucks in so many ways;
1. No rivals
2. Difficult in teams traveling westward into different time zone & back.
3. Fans can't travel
4. 9:00 PM basketball starts hard on fans who work early.

But, WVU had to do it for (2) reasons:
1. 20 million per year vs. 8 million at best from the Big East
2. Big East is all but dead -- payouts from the Big East will decrease compared to last contract.

As far as being a mistake: No Way === Not the most ideal place for us to be due to geography---but considering the fact we had no other option it was the best move. On the positive side Big 12 is a great sports conference. Football has no where to go but up. But, I really think basketball will never be able to finish much better than .600 in the league due to travel.
1 post removed
word

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Feb 9, 2013
let's see...stay in the Big East making 2 mil a year and losing a bcs bid or, go to The Big 12 and make 30-40 mil a year with big bowl ties ins? Only a moron would say stay in the Big East. And yes, they will make anywhere from 30-40 mil a year.
word

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Feb 9, 2013
20 mil from the B12. And WVU signed a 12 years and more than $110 million deal with img for their tier 3 rights. So around 33 mil a year is what they're saying. WVU makes more on the tier 3 alone than they ever made yearly in the BE. 3 times more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Curious 2 hr Curious George 1
Single an looking Fri Looking 1
West Virginia Clothing Vouchers (Aug '11) Thu SeriouslyDisappoi... 91
any available girls in hinton (Oct '13) Jul 20 Screwed over 43
Whatever happened to Shawn Richmond and Ashley,... Jul 19 Ashley 4
Change A Word Game (Jul '11) Jul 18 -Glinda- 3,440
*Chane 1 Letter* (Nov '12) Jul 18 quilterqueen 2,104

Hinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance