friend of Art

Fairfax, VA

#2415 Dec 19, 2012
Wanted to let you all know that Art's wife, Ginny, passed yesterday. Now they are both together forever. I really miss his humor!
Lea

Princeton, WV

#2416 Dec 22, 2012
The update is very much appreciated...I still think of Art when I even look at this site, as, not only did he contribute so much to it, but he seemed to really enjoy being on here and enteracting with the 'Topics' friends. If we all had his degree of involvement/contributing to this, then it would be "hopping" every day. Ginny had to miss him terribly...thanks again!
Crockett

Pratt, WV

#2417 Dec 22, 2012
Thanks for telling us about Art's wife. Like Lea I think of Art when ever I am on Topics.
Linda

Prosperity, WV

#2418 Dec 24, 2012
Wishing everyone on hinton of the 50's a Very Merry Christmas--God Bless and stay safe
River Ridge

Charleston, WV

#2419 Dec 24, 2012
So, Linda where have you been. I see your brother roy about every day at his favorite coffee stop but you hnadnt been on here in months. Merry Christmas everyone.
1 post removed
PIPESTEM BOY 1942

Beltsville, MD

#2421 Jan 2, 2013
I had a wonderful vivid dream just last night. It was fall 1955 and I hitchhiked from home up at Pipestem on a saturday morning. Never had any trouble getting a ride with a neighbor going in to town for the day. He dropped me off in Avis and Toyboy60 and friends were playing in their yard on the curve as you start down Pleasant Street. I visited with relatives and around lunchtime I walked up over the Overhead Bridge and settled for lunch at the Hinton Hotdog Stand. Then made my way into G C Murphy's and had to have some of that good smelling popcorn. While there I bought the latest issues of Archie comic books to add to my collection. Saw many friends on that day on busy Temple Street as well as Evelyn Hutchison whose home room I would find myself in later down the road at HHS. Looked at all the new cars at Holstein Chevrolet and Harman's Garage on Summers Street.When it was time to return home I had no trouble getting a ride. When I awoke I was kinda disappointed to return to 2013 and all its troubles. But I smiled because I was back in the town I loved so much for just a day........
PIPESTEM BOY 1942

Beltsville, MD

#2422 Jan 24, 2013
Just read where former HHS teacher Elaine Garten had passed away. I can just see her and her husband Bill walking around in school back there in the 1950's.So many wonderful memories from those years linger.........
River Ridge

Charleston, WV

#2423 Jan 26, 2013
Morning all. I watched several episodes of "American Pickers" yesterday and as I did so I wondered how much of our lives are stuck away in attics, old barns and basements around the country. Those were simpler times as we reflect back but as I recall living them certainly wasnt. I think we all need to get that old box of pictures from long ago our every now and then and just look through them. Has anyone besides me noticed that a lot of pictures get taken but few get printed out these days?
PIPESTEM BOY 1942

Severn, MD

#2424 Jun 5, 2013
Just returned yesterday from Beckley where I attended my brother-in-law's funeral. Had occasion to drive across the Lilly Bridge and was happy with the repairs they have done on the roadbed there.
Crockett

Ripley, WV

#2425 Aug 30, 2013
RiverRidge give me a call. Been trying to reach you.
River ridge

Spruce Pine, NC

#2426 Aug 31, 2013
I'm out of town but can call you before weekend over
Crockett

Charleston, WV

#2427 Sep 24, 2013
River Ridge, still trying to reach you.
River Ridge

Charleston, WV

#2428 Sep 24, 2013
crocket, I am still out of town. I have been in charlotte for past six weeks and now I am in Charleston til thurs. call me at home thurs night after dark and you will stand a good chance of catching me. sorry for the run around. I will explain when we talk. thanks.
Lea

Lewisburg, WV

#2429 Jan 20, 2014
I still kinda miss the old "Topix" friends and wonder how all are doing....wonder also, how many even check this site anymore. I especially think of you all when we have a little 'snow' in the picture, but in all seasons I wish it was like the beginning. Guess that goes for a lot of things....saw a video on facebook taken from footage that someone had shot around the 40's and it really brought back memories of the "old Hinton". Hope to hear from someone!
Toyboy60

Douglasville, GA

#2430 Jan 21, 2014
Hey Lea----Miss you ----haven't seen you on facebook--
PIPESTEM BOY 1942

Severn, MD

#2431 Jan 21, 2014
Hello Lea,Toyboy and everyone! I really miss you guys and yes I check this site often but am always saddened by no one or no response.....snow is really coming down up here in Anne Arundel County.
Lea

Lewisburg, WV

#2432 Jan 21, 2014
Ah, how nice to hear from you guys...seems like "old times". My computer hasn't behaved well since forever, and the men in the family (all in the computer business), kept it in 'limping' condition, so story short, had to replace it, and if anyone out there can tell a computer unfriendly person how in the world 'windows 8' operates, then I'm ready to roll. I miss facebook, as I "stalk and steal" on it....that's checking to see what everyone's doing, then sharing the juicy pictures and tidbits onto my page. I still love my "Topix" though, and am proud that we managed to keep up running commentaries on our memories of our early days in Hinton without compromising it's integrity as many other subjects have. We have around 10 inches now and it's still snowing here...haven't looked to see how far south this is, but Georgia is probably getting used to having unpredictable weather now. I guess problem still is having equipment and manpower to deal with it. So happy to hear....let's all talk more!!!
Linda

Charleston, WV

#2433 Jan 23, 2014
Hello everyone--I also have checked here off and on over the months--Always loved Topix-Hinton of the fifties--don't get to Hinton often--Mom past away last Feb--seems there is nothing down there now--I do go to Cemetery at Pipestem every chance I get--not in this weather!!I had wondered how everyone was and always thought of Lea when I seen snow--we have had a dozie of a winter--righ now here in Beckley is -2 degrees--that's not counting the wind chill--Lea--I am like you when it comes to Pcs---I forgot my e-mail address--so to get it at sometime I had to answer a question that I supposedly had picked in case of forgetting--I was suppose to answer the question of who myfavorite uncle is---lol---well I use ev3ery uncles name I had and still cant get into my email--it finally locked me out completely ---still waiting on my grandson to come fix me a new e-mail.Everyone have a good evening---and stay safe
River ridge

Ruther Glen, VA

#2434 Jan 24, 2014
It so cold I didn't even take a bucket to milk this morning. I squirted it across my arm, It froze so quick that I carried it to the house like firewood. My wife is thawing it out on the stove now. Happy new year everyone.
Lea

Lewisburg, WV

#2435 Feb 1, 2014
Just thawed out enough to type...love snow, but the old body isn't dealing well with the cold anymore. Didn't know till last night that they call for more snow by Monday morning...think I'll stop "snow-dancing" for this year and let Spring come when it wants. Thought of you TOYBOY60 when you got slammed with that mess...you've probably forgotten how to shovel snow or drive in it. Mel, how's everything with you, and Judy, if you see white Monday, it wasn't me this time..River ridge, you probably like a good weather challenge, but wait till you hit my age!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 min Dalai Lama 57,925
woman breaks up home and family 2 hr Bonnie 14
You Dont Live In Fairmont W.v Ronald Atwell Qui... 4 hr Alex 2
Shane Wheeler 5 hr HopeNot 1
What's the drug scene like in Hinton now????? 5 hr hoodie 2
we're getting you kicked out of here 6 hr redneck 1
what happened to josh oneal? 11 hr TruthIS 2
•••
•••
Hinton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••