Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#19029 Jul 4, 2013
Bacon hater again.....They can not go into your phone records without a warrant. If you tried to get my phone records they would deny you, same for the government. The Patriot Act was wrong and has been abused. I believe it was Katz vs United States in 1968 when the government tapped the glass in a phone booth and was denied due to expectation of privacy. The calls you make are considered private. The government has always needed a warrant to tap your phone or obtain records. I was against the Patriot Act when it came out and they put it in a wrapper saying it was going to be used to fight terrorist. Everyone knew it was a matter of time that it would be abused against the people of the USA. They are pretapping without probable cause to get a warrant later. Highly illegal and against our 4th rights.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#19030 Jul 4, 2013
Well since we are being factul, I think that we can also agree that this administration was not talking about "banning guns." They were talking about back-ground checks designed to keep guns out of the hands of nuts and restricting the number of bullets a magazine can hold. This whole "banning guns" thing is classic straw man argument and really doesn't address the problem.

I have no problem with back-ground checks. As a matter of fact, I think it would be good for all of us who own guns legally and enjoy using them legally. Nuts with guns keep giving all the rest of us a bad name.

I own six handguns--4 revolvers and 2 pistols and they are all registered. It was not a big deal to do it and I didn't take it as an affront to my freedoms.

I would like to see the statistics regarding crimes committed by the owners of a registered guns vs. crimes committed with non-registered guns.

I would also like to see much stiffer penalties for crimes committed with guns.

Well Duh wrote:
Bacon hater.....I found the site you were quoteing from about guns. You were right about the number of deaths in 2012 compared to Vietnam. But again you did not give the big picture on that. A little over 19,000 were suicides and 11,000 were due to homicides(these are rounded numbers). Then there was about 3,000 accidentals. A little over 8,000 of homicides were gang and drug related.(not all drug related is gang related). And over half the accidentals was due to gang members trying to kill each other. Now we are all adults here and we will use common sense about this. We know that the majority were not registered gun owners. They obtain their firearms illegally. Therefore more regulations means the black market for guns go up and the people selling them make more money. Before the bashing starts and calling me a republican, look up the gang and drug related and see the truth.

“what are you talking about you”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

#19031 Jul 4, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
....Don't forget to vote for Ted Cruz.
...<quoted text>
haymen bruthur .... haymen.
frig my lifes!

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#19032 Jul 4, 2013
They aren't listening to your phone calls. That doesn't benefit anyone, and there simply isn't any need to do so. Your RECORDS aren't your CONVERSATIONS. Your records don't belong to you. If you call flagged numbers, they'll get a warrant and then they'll listen to your conversations. I mean really, nobody cares what you're saying on the phone. Like the NSA real concerned about me cheating on my girlfriend. And as long as it isn't related to terrorism, it isn't admissable in court anyway. You can still sell drugs using the phone and no one will be the wiser unless they have a warrant. Use your head. We have police that use dogs (proven 100 percent ineffective) to give them permission to stick their hands in your pants and you're worried about the NSA?

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Location hidden

#19033 Jul 4, 2013
Yep, I am strongly recommending that all of my republican brothers vote for Ted.

;)

Hillary's hoping so too.
Cooterbob wrote:
<quoted text>
haymen bruthur .... haymen.
frig my lifes!

“what it is, is what it is!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#19034 Jul 4, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>Well since we are being factul, I think that we can also agree that this administration was not talking about "banning guns." They were talking about back-ground checks designed to keep guns out of the hands of nuts and restricting the number of bullets a magazine can hold. This whole "banning guns" thing is classic straw man argument and really doesn't address the problem.

I have no problem with back-ground checks. As a matter of fact, I think it would be good for all of us who own guns legally and enjoy using them legally. Nuts with guns keep giving all the rest of us a bad name.

I own six handguns--4 revolvers and 2 pistols and they are all registered. It was not a big deal to do it and I didn't take it as an affront to my freedoms.

I would like to see the statistics regarding crimes committed by the owners of a registered guns vs. crimes committed with non-registered guns.

I would also like to see much stiffer penalties for crimes committed with guns.
Well when you buy guns in a gun store, sporting goods store, or any other legal permanent establishment like Walmart, they are Background checked and the gun itself is registered at the point of sale.

GtarMan
Level 8

Since: Mar 13

Parkersburg, WV

#19035 Jul 4, 2013
Hillary would be dumb to run right now. Especially after Benghazi
howawuha

Alexandria, VA

#19036 Jul 4, 2013
Dear God enough already! Can this thread not die or be removed!!!???

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#19037 Jul 4, 2013
GtarMan wrote:
Why? The only people that think she had anything to do with Benghazi are the same people who think Noah's Ark actually happened. They're as insignificant as they are ignorant. Most people know it was the GOP who cut embassy security funding, not Hillary. They also know that the same dumb tea baggers who scream BENGHAZI! every 9 seconds are the same ones who didn't say a word when a dozen embassies were attacked under Bush and dozens of Americans were killed. Hillary is your next president. And the dumb tea baggers got her elected with their paranoia and stupidity. It's both ironic and hilarious how dumb you guys are.

Location hidden

#19038 Jul 4, 2013
howawuha wrote:
Why do you care?

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Location hidden

#19039 Jul 4, 2013
Harve Wall Banger wrote:
<quoted text>
Well when you buy guns in a gun store, sporting goods store, or any other legal permanent establishment like Walmart, they are Background checked and the gun itself is registered at the point of sale.
Right, but the new law was going to be extended back-ground checks which I really don't have a problem with at all. The problem is that every time some nut goes out and wipes out a movie theater or school room, it gives us all a black eye. I'm all for making every effort to stop that kind of senseless slaughter.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Location hidden

#19040 Jul 4, 2013
bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? The only people that think she had anything to do with Benghazi are the same people who think Noah's Ark actually happened. They're as insignificant as they are ignorant. Most people know it was the GOP who cut embassy security funding, not Hillary. They also know that the same dumb tea baggers who scream BENGHAZI! every 9 seconds are the same ones who didn't say a word when a dozen embassies were attacked under Bush and dozens of Americans were killed. Hillary is your next president. And the dumb tea baggers got her elected with their paranoia and stupidity. It's both ironic and hilarious how dumb you guys are.
Christ, how many hearings have they had over BENGHAZI already and nothing has come out of it other than it's not the issue some were hoping it was.

If they are hanging their hats on a manufactured crisis to stop Hillary, they're in for the same surprise they got in 2012.

They probably should concentrate on finding someone who can run against her on real issues instead of hoping to knee-cap her with a manufactured crisis.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Location hidden

#19041 Jul 4, 2013
howawuha wrote:
We like to keep it alive because we know some people get upset over it.

;)
1 post removed

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#19043 Jul 4, 2013
fitness-guru wrote:
obama scandals have bought even more shame to the white house than bill clintoon.
Only in the tea bagger's mind. But they don't matter anyway because Bush was a mass murderer and an illiterate and they just sorta pretend those 8 years never happened.
Well Duh

Ashburn, VA

#19044 Jul 4, 2013
Sundog.....I agree that the background checks should be tighter. I do not like nut cases having firearms. I do not own a gun but do believe in the right to bear arms. I do think that certain weapons should have special license and not to ban them. If it is good enough for our military, then one day they do become citizens. I am not talking missle lauchers or gernades. I am talking firearms and rifles. I know you hate Bengazi, but as long as there is a republican it is going to be mentioned. That was her watch and ultimately part of her responsibility. Just like if you were a area manager for a fleet of stores and your employees in one of them kept messing up, then you would beheld responsible for not carrying out the discipline.
2 posts removed

“Comfort the afflicted”

Afflict the comfortable

#19047 Jul 4, 2013
You can mention Benghazi all you want. But it's the hypocrisy that makes it meaningless. No one can take you guys seriously when you bitch about Benghazi but give Bush a pass on 12 times more embassy attacks. Same with spying - no complaints under Bush, but now you're up in arms over it? Laughable. But not nearly as laughable as you guys all pretending to be fiscal hawks all of a sudden after pretending Bush putting his entire presidency on a Chinese credit card was justified, not to mention the unfunded tax cuts for billionaires. You have no credibility. The 2016 election will be won on intelligence, ideas and vision. And the republicans can't compete in those elections where those categories matter.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Location hidden

#19048 Jul 4, 2013
Well Duh wrote:
Sundog.....I agree that the background checks should be tighter. I do not like nut cases having firearms. I do not own a gun but do believe in the right to bear arms. I do think that certain weapons should have special license and not to ban them. If it is good enough for our military, then one day they do become citizens. I am not talking missle lauchers or gernades. I am talking firearms and rifles. I know you hate Bengazi, but as long as there is a republican it is going to be mentioned. That was her watch and ultimately part of her responsibility. Just like if you were a area manager for a fleet of stores and your employees in one of them kept messing up, then you would beheld responsible for not carrying out the discipline.
I don't mind folks mentioning it, but it has to be kept in perspective.

First of all, there's two cases of historical precedent for scandals not having an effect on the next election.

First, there was Iran Contra in the late 80's. 11 indictments were handed down against republicans as result of an actual arms for hostages scandal and republicans still won in 1998.

Secondly, it was well known before 2004, that Bush had ignored countless warnings about terrorism prior to 9/11. He still won in 2004.

As for the actual event, Hillary was Secretary of state. Not Secretary of Defense or in charge of the CIA. If you want to hold her responsible for not having enough security in place, then that's okay, but you also have to hold republicans responsible for voting to cut embassy funding.

As for any bad informaion (lack of intelligence) regarding the "protest," the Department of State is not in the business of gathering intelligence, that's the CIA's job. If there was a failure of intelligence, it was a CIA failure, not a state department failure. If the CIA felt there was a threat, they should have ordered more security. Since they didn't, it's safe to assume they just missed that one.

Also, as Secretary of State, Hillary cannot "scramble jets" or send in troops. She can't even tell the military to stand down. The military has explianed during these countless hearings the logistics involved in sending in fighter planes and/or troops. Basically, by the time we would have sent in the troops, those terrorists would have been home safely in the beds.

Benghazi was a tragedy. Not a conspiracy. But as Iran-Contra and 9/11 taught us, those things don't hold a lot of sway with voters.

“Of Course I Can”

Level 9

Location hidden

#19049 Jul 4, 2013
1988, not 1998.

Location hidden

#19050 Jul 4, 2013
Sundog512 wrote:
<quoted text>Right, but the new law was going to be extended back-ground checks which I really don't have a problem with at all. The problem is that every time some nut goes out and wipes out a movie theater or school room, it gives us all a black eye. I'm all for making every effort to stop that kind of senseless slaughter.
Part of the problem is letting people have these gun shows in Armories, Flea Markets and other venues. That is like letting pharmacies sell oxy at Flea Market. Gun sales should be done in a controlled environment to begin with. An individual person should have to at least go through the Sheriffs dept. to make a gum sale.

“what are you talking about you”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

schlappington, by god

#19051 Jul 4, 2013
GtarMan wrote:
*nod*
bean gazee, ejipped, iran, irack, afganistan ...... whyte watur ..... cattul gayt .... watur gayt .... lewinkski ...... ol coot think rand pawl & teddy krewz gawts a prutty gud shot ina 2016
frig my lifes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter.... (Oct '08) 15 min -Glinda- 2,727
Change A Word Game (Jul '11) 16 min -Glinda- 3,214
*Chane 1 Letter* (Nov '12) 17 min -Glinda- 1,872
*Last Word as First* (Nov '12) 19 min -Glinda- 957
Nursing home 1 hr katie 12
Who's cheating at ManTech? 2 hr Curious 1
Worthless woman of Jumping Branch 5 hr Fatchik 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hinton Mortgages