First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mbp

Portage, MI

#1 Nov 30, 2012
Has anybody seen the previews of MTVs buckwild. It exploits teenage kids rasing hell and doing drugs in wv. Its bad kids gettin rich to break the law and do drugs..
1 post removed
need answer

Hurricane, WV

#3 Jan 3, 2013
hey this show premiers tonight at 10pm why don't we just see how bad it really is for ourselves instead of only all this hear say! that is what i plan to do! and if it is teenagers raising hell and doing drugs then to me it sounds like alot of hiinton teens!
Mbp

Roanoke, VA

#4 Jan 3, 2013
Ur right it was hear say on the web, I watched it & didnt think it was all that bad. Looking forward to the next one... My bad..
need answer

Hurricane, WV

#5 Jan 4, 2013
yes i have to say that i and my husband watched it last night and it wasn't bad at all and it actually reminded us of alot of stuff that we did as teenagers and i can't wait see the next one either
Courtney

Beckley, WV

#6 Jan 5, 2013
You people are hilarious! The reason is obvious. You think the show wasn't bad?! Must be because you live the same lifestyle. Poor white trash. Trust me, it makes most people embarrassed to say they are from WV. It's sad because it portrays West Virginians, once again, as total uneducated, in ambitious trash who doesn't know any better. Please people, set your goals in life to a higher standard than that!
need answer

Hurricane, WV

#7 Jan 5, 2013
Call me white trash if you wish but everyone is different and i have to say if you ain't ever hit a big mud hole wide open on wheeler then you don't know what you are missin fun as hell that for sure and those kids on the show did finish high school so what's wrong with that not everyone goes to college so guess you must be the city slicker for good ole west by god virginia
to theeeeee top

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Jan 5, 2013
who wrecked on below the state road garage thi morning
MBP

Roanoke, VA

#9 Jan 6, 2013
No it dnt show we are uneducated, it shows are kids are smart enough to make anything fun. Yes i use to live the same lifestyle and wouldnt change it for nothing. Im now making good money with a college education. How dare u call this white trash. Sorry if u was sheltered and only fun u had was at church or in ur yard surronded by ur white picket fence. I havent seen these kids do anything wrong they might drink a little but havent seen them destory anybodies property or snort pills.Courtney i just think your jealous of these kids cause of the money they are making and bring into this state. Or ur just mad cause it replaced ur favorite show Jersey Shore.
MBP

Roanoke, VA

#10 Jan 6, 2013
One more thing all the kids on the show is old enough to drink. I believe most are in college, thought i seen one leaving WVU. Call them white trash So what have u done with ur life to make u any better than these kids
teddy10

United States

#11 Jan 6, 2013
I watched the show and thought it was a good thing. Those kids used creativity to have fun. They did typical things that young adults do.
Not everyone in WV has a swimming pool, or transportation to go to public swimming pools. They make due with what they have available.
If you are offended by this will welcome to the real world.
I think this kind of activity has taken place at some time in every state. But WV youth know how to do it best.
white trash

Chapmanville, WV

#12 Jan 8, 2013
watched the show loved it!!! guess some didnt because it was our own ppl,instead of paris hilton ,lindsay lohan or snooki,i bet gretchen wilson would like it.Its exactly what country songs are about raising hell,having a good time, and drinking. who knows i bet if they smoked a little weed willie nelson would like it.ever heard of the song good old boys,we have our own mcgyvers,and our own duke boys,the girls what every guy wants not some uptight snobby biotchhhh thats afraid to break a nail or get dirty.
need answer

Hurricane, WV

#13 Jan 9, 2013
white trash wrote:
watched the show loved it!!! guess some didnt because it was our own ppl,instead of paris hilton ,lindsay lohan or snooki,i bet gretchen wilson would like it.Its exactly what country songs are about raising hell,having a good time, and drinking. who knows i bet if they smoked a little weed willie nelson would like it.ever heard of the song good old boys,we have our own mcgyvers,and our own duke boys,the girls what every guy wants not some uptight snobby biotchhhh thats afraid to break a nail or get dirty.
I really agree with everything you said here and all i need to add is "Hell Yeah"
Courtney

Beckley, WV

#14 Jan 9, 2013
teddy10 wrote:
I watched the show and thought it was a good thing. Those kids used creativity to have fun. They did typical things that young adults do.
Not everyone in WV has a swimming pool, or transportation to go to public swimming pools. They make due with what they have available.
If you are offended by this will welcome to the real world.
I think this kind of activity has taken place at some time in every state. But WV youth know how to do it best.
Oh yes. Those kids are very creative. I just wish they used all that knowledge and creativeness to further their education or job skills, or maybe even to help with a charity. You are a product of your raising, that's for sure. I'm so proud that me and my family, being born and raised in WV, set our goals to a higher standard. It just kills us that we are paying these idiots college tuition and state benefits as with the rest of you " hell raisers". The only good to come from this show is that maybe these people will get paid and that will get them off of assistance taken straight out of my pocket. Go WV and BE PROUD! Of that?!!
Courtney

Beckley, WV

#15 Jan 9, 2013
white trash wrote:
So maybe the country music industry can get a few songs out of these illiterates. You can't even understand them when they speak. It has to be subtitled so the audience knows what they are even saying. When our Governor has to get on national tv and defend our state because of a minority of people think this is entertaining, that should tell you what side of the fence you are living on.
need answer

Hurricane, WV

#16 Jan 9, 2013
well i guess to each their own but i have to say that i like my side of the fence i am living on and i am a product of my raisin' from up yonder on the mountain and who cares what the governor does their just out for theirselves not us down here in the holler
white trash

Chapmanville, WV

#17 Jan 10, 2013
courtney i think theres alot of us on this side of the fence who came from hollers just like those kids are in. I can honestly say theres really good people come out of hollers, even some very smart people.the way you act you sure you didn't grow up on 3rd lol...look alot of good ppl. come out of hollers some drink, some are church going ppl. but one thing for sure we are in wva. theres not alot to do here i'd rather see this side of our kids, rather than the ones thats out here on pills thats stealing anything not nailed down, and trying what is. there no worse or as bad as the honey boo boo gang. you need to quit making everything about you it never said your money or state paid for that kids college and if financial aide does i'm sure its not all coming from you.you have no right to call them illiterate, for your info, those boys worked good old boys raised in the hollers always do,they come from hard working ppl. like farmers,coalminers,etc.their a bunch of kids having fun and getting paid to do what they do all the time anyways pretty smart to me,if you don't like it don't watch it noones forcing you to, or are you to illiterate to change channels.

“as you would have others...”

Level 1

Since: Mar 09

United States

#18 Jan 11, 2013
When there's not alot of money lying around for ski trips, vacations, or a gym membership, you HAVE to get creative to have fun.
We couldn't afford any of those growing up, so what were our summer vacations like? Tripping through the woods, making forts from downed (or bent) sapplings, swinging from vines, making our own zip-lines, and the most painful, slinging crab-apples at each other from sticks.
The young people on that show may not be college educated, but I guarentee you they know how to fix anything that needs fixing with a little bit of duct tape or WD-40.
Courtney

Beckley, WV

#19 Jan 11, 2013
white trash wrote:
courtney i think theres alot of us on this side of the fence who came from hollers just like those kids are in. I can honestly say theres really good people come out of hollers, even some very smart people.the way you act you sure you didn't grow up on 3rd lol...look alot of good ppl. come out of hollers some drink, some are church going ppl. but one thing for sure we are in wva. theres not alot to do here i'd rather see this side of our kids, rather than the ones thats out here on pills thats stealing anything not nailed down, and trying what is. there no worse or as bad as the honey boo boo gang. you need to quit making everything about you it never said your money or state paid for that kids college and if financial aide does i'm sure its not all coming from you.you have no right to call them illiterate, for your info, those boys worked good old boys raised in the hollers always do,they come from hard working ppl. like farmers,coalminers,etc.their a bunch of kids having fun and getting paid to do what they do all the time anyways pretty smart to me,if you don't like it don't watch it noones forcing you to, or are you to illiterate to change channels.
Doesn't matter where you are raised. Be it in a holler, mountain or wherever , parents need to teach their children morals and goals to reach. I played hat also, as have my children. But it wasn't what defined us as is with this group. I'm beginning to see that it's just not in some people to rise above this embarrassing type of lifestyle. And if you remember, the girls were kicked out of their first rental home for non-compliance. When the cops are being called on a regular basis to your home and then you get kicked out, that's not exactly something something to be proud of. And then if you have to compare this show with Honey Boo Boo, that should tell you something! No I don't intend to ever watch it again. And I predict it will go away and not be a hit like they think it will. Time will tell. Mark that down.
white trash

Chapmanville, WV

#20 Jan 13, 2013
courtney you are missing the point that being there having fun doing what wva kids do like it or not! their young its nots defining them or in anyway saying these are bad kids.i wasnt actually comparing them to honey boo boo, i was just saying their young kids having fun and getting paid to do it the girl going to college maybe its paying her tuition,i see nothing wrong with it so far you don't know how refined these kids will be in 5 or 10 years they could own business,be lawyers etc. or just hard working people,whatever they are i'm sure they'll be fine. you don't know these kids you can't judge them. judge not less the be judged.and so what they got kicked out of 1 house didn't seem like it was no skin off their backs,matter of fact it was good for them now their in a more private place.their single no kids they didnt need to be there in that neighborhood. but thays not to say their bad people. just a little young and wild they will grow out of it and be ok. nothing embarrassing about it just not hiding nothing,and may be reaching their goals faster than you think with the money their making.another thing you can talk to 20 ppl. at least 5 to 10 has saw and likes it, i watched again this wk. still liked it shows were not all like wrong turn ppl. that we've been made out to be. i predict when summer comes wva will see more tourist because of it.
lol

United States

#21 Jan 13, 2013
That's the kind of stuff white trash kids do in wv? Glad I'm not white trash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kendra oxley 1 hr Looking 5
Rhodetta adkins the 2nd post 1 hr Lol 46
? Selling on summer st 1 hr Concerned 4
Gomart 6 hr Ha Ha 4
hinton dairy queen (Aug '12) 13 hr hot dogs 15
How to get out chapstick grease marks after was... (Aug '09) 16 hr Mailbag5202 52
High School Break In Sat MindMap 17

Hinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hinton Mortgages