urusedtoiletry

Oak Hill, WV

#141 Jan 30, 2012
Curiousor wrote:
<quoted text>
You people are so stupid! You are willing to sacrifice anything and everything. What makes Blankenship so sheriff material? Just because he was from here? What do you honestly know about him? I would not vote for Wheeler or Dolphin. Both of these men in black are fools...both just need insurance paid by you the people. Have you ever thought about the actions of these two and wonder how they let their officers get away with so much? We are tax payers, and to not get the respect from this office is ridiculous. Yes, Dolphin wrecked his vehicle because he violates the law, but you drive like he drives, you will certainly get stopped by him or his crew. No Wheeler...no Dolphin!
Well hello there Mr. everyone is stupid but me, may I ask of you whom you consider may be your canidate of choice or are you not willing to disclose that information. Maybe you could enlighten the lesser of us with your brilliance.
OMG

Beckley, WV

#142 Jan 30, 2012
Lee Hunt is an idiot. Just have a conversation with him and you will see. And he was only an officer for a very short time and that was over 20 years ago.
Whatsinaname

Summersville, WV

#143 Jan 30, 2012
Robert wrote:
my vote goes to ed dolphin.As far as sheriff he does an excellent job.You have to keep in mind he has a boss like everyone else does.He has the credentials and ability to do his job.The problem is not in the sheriff department-its higher up the ladder.
WTF...At least Sheriff Childers makes the news as he tries. The duck heads just remain as ducks. Someone else has to hold their wings to get Ducked! Get me? No excuses!
when will we learn

Waynesburg, PA

#144 Jan 31, 2012
THE PEOPLE IN SUMMERS COUNTY WOULD TOTTALY BE INSANE IF YOU VOTE TO PUT THAT FAKE AS! RANDY LILLY IN OFFICE HE MIGHT HAVE HIS FOLLOWERS ON FACEBOOK BUT BE REAL DOES SUMMERS COUNTY REALLY NEED ALL HIS BAGGAGE IN OFFICE HE HIDES BEHIND THE BIBLE HOPING THAT WILL GET HIM IN OFFICE I HOPE WE ALL HAVE BETTER SNSE THAN THAT!
just me

Oak Hill, WV

#145 Jan 31, 2012
did anyone else hear sheriff today so he wasnt goin to respond to a call? tried to say it was in raleigh county but him and 905 were talkin about it otehr day? wheeler would have never done that!
Hello

Madison, WV

#146 Jan 31, 2012
This is not meant to crucify Dolphin or anyone else for that matter. Just a question and asking for other posters opinion. There was a call on Davis Road today. It was a domestic call. I understood I think Dolphin, if not Dolphin a deputy, say "the county does not respond to calls at that residence." The name went across the scanner and I know this person threatened at one time to sue the county over a call some time back. Dolphin, or a deputy, told the dispather to call DPS for this call but they was busy. Just to clarify THE COUNTIES DID RESPOND TO THIS CALL. I don't want to only give half the story so yes they did respond. My question is how should that be handled??? If our Sheriff thinks there is a chance of being sued and there is no one else to respond, what should they do??? Can the Sheriff's department refuse to respond to a call if there is someone available to take the call??? Again this is not meant to trash Dolphin. I am just curious as to what would be the proper way to handle the situation. I think Dolphin did what he could to avoid the situation and I can't blame him for that. So I am not saying he did anything wrong. Just saying what would you do in that situation if you was in his shoes.

Again, Sheriff's department did respond to this call after they found out there was no State's available to take the call. Just curious.
who else

Charleston, WV

#147 Jan 31, 2012
I am guessing (correctly) that the folks on davis road were trying to lure the sheriffs dept there for some type of confrontation and that the sheriff or his deputy knew that. I wont go into who lives on davis road but I do know that those people were approached and interviewed by a certain PI concerning over zealous policework a while back during a dui arrest when the offendeer wouldnt cooperate with LE. I have no way of knowing but I bet the sherrifs dept was trying to get a dps officer there to kinda oversee things. I may be wrong but I dont think so.
Hello

Madison, WV

#148 Jan 31, 2012
@ Who Else, I am pretty confident we are talking about the same people/persons. If I remember correctly, there was a child involved in that DUI. This time it was an argument between grandmother/grandson from what I understand. I know this person told several people she was going to sue after the DUI arrest the last time.I just wondered what protocal would be on a situation like that. I don't blame Dolphin at all on this one. I also know this person has drank for years and has no respect for the law or much of anyone else.
Citizen2

AOL

#149 Feb 3, 2012
Gerry Mac MacMellon

Lived here most of his life.
Worked here (CSX) most of his life.
Is well liked and respected by his peers.
Has children in school and involved in sports in Summers County (as a parent he is also).
Married to a local gal.
Does not need the money.
Does not need the authority to feel good.
Is intelligent.
Truly interested in the betterment of the county.

I suggest that each and every voter make an attempt to meet with and talk to Mac.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Although this forum tends to get out of hand, I will try to answer them.
who else

Charleston, WV

#150 Feb 3, 2012
thanks for the info on "Mac". maybe we will see him on some of the "meet the Candidate" nights. You might relay to him that it probably would be a good idea for him to remove some of his signs that are on dept of highway right of ways. I am sure he doesent know that putting signs in intersections or on public land is not allowed. If any of thos signs disappear he probably can pick them up at the dept of highways at forest hill. I have only one question for now and that is "How long is most of his life?"
Citizen2

AOL

#151 Feb 3, 2012
who else wrote:
thanks for the info on "Mac". maybe we will see him on some of the "meet the Candidate" nights. You might relay to him that it probably would be a good idea for him to remove some of his signs that are on dept of highway right of ways. I am sure he doesent know that putting signs in intersections or on public land is not allowed. If any of thos signs disappear he probably can pick them up at the dept of highways at forest hill. I have only one question for now and that is "How long is most of his life?"
About 40 years. As for the signs, you are probably right in that he doesn't know they are posted illegally. He gives them to his supporters (when asked) and they place them. You know how people with good intentions can be sometimes.
doc

United States

#152 Feb 3, 2012
Hey Mac get ur signs in the right county. You have signs in Raleigh county across from Shady Spring HS that don't belong. Hell don't waste your money cause you do not have a chance.
who else

Charleston, WV

#153 Feb 3, 2012
Mac may not have a chance but he certainly has a right to wage a campaign to be the cheif law enforcement officer in the county. I doubt he personally placed any sign in another county but I recall that when I was a young kid with a lot of life in front of me it was great fun to move campaign signs and for sale signs around just to see the reactrion. I wish him luck and admire him greatly for stepping up and running. Again I dont know him, hve never met him but would probably like him if I did meet him simply because he took an action rather than just sit around and complain like a lot of us do.
canucme

Oak Hill, WV

#154 Feb 3, 2012
Citizen2 wrote:
Gerry Mac MacMellon
Lived here most of his life.
Worked here (CSX) most of his life.
Is well liked and respected by his peers.
Has children in school and involved in sports in Summers County (as a parent he is also).
Married to a local gal.
Does not need the money.
Does not need the authority to feel good.
Is intelligent.
Truly interested in the betterment of the county.
I suggest that each and every voter make an attempt to meet with and talk to Mac.
If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Although this forum tends to get out of hand, I will try to answer them.
And I suggest that he makes an attempt to get out and meet the voters!! If he wants to sway my vote hit the doorbell I dont need you, you need me. And if you think it gets outta hand,,, well if ya cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. Good luck.
1 post removed
Citizen2

Saint Albans, WV

#156 Feb 6, 2012
He works or is on call 24/7, but he will be there.
Whatsinaname

Summersville, WV

#157 Feb 6, 2012
canucme wrote:
<quoted text> And I suggest that he makes an attempt to get out and meet the voters!! If he wants to sway my vote hit the doorbell I dont need you, you need me. And if you think it gets outta hand,,, well if ya cant take the heat get out of the kitchen. Good luck.
Agree!
Wilson

Charleston, WV

#158 Feb 7, 2012
Did you notice that all the anti Dolphin posts have been removed? Kind of says something about his view of free speech.
Wilson

Charleston, WV

#159 Feb 7, 2012
Also noticed that Greg Blankenship is now a democrat.
lenard moon

Ashland, KY

#160 Feb 9, 2012
Mac,I have known him aprox. 20 years , very honest,hardworking ,standup man . His interest in the county , well for starters he does have children in the county schools, lives in the county,has worked in this county for many years and invested most of his life in this county. He didnt retire and move here,he didnt just recently move back here, he moved here years ago to live and raise a faimly and work in the county . I for one will encourage everyone to get to know Mac and place your vote for him .

I BACK MAC
Vote

Mechanicsville, VA

#161 Feb 10, 2012
Wilson wrote:
Also noticed that Greg Blankenship is now a democrat.
he always was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*Chane 1 Letter* (Nov '12) 2 hr SWAMP WITCH 1,040
Change A Word Game (Jul '11) 2 hr SWAMP WITCH 2,474
last letter first (Sep '13) 2 hr SWAMP WITCH 677
Hinton Falls 5 hr Jeremy 6
true/false game (Mar '12) 8 hr Honest Babe 1,459
jc walters 8 hr Mona B 26
Change one letter.... (Oct '08) 10 hr SWAMP WITCH 1,907
Hinton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web