honest

United States

#120 Jan 27, 2012
Couldn't agree with you more!! and i know it to be true about him asking for girls numbers because he's ask for mine after he ask me if i was single. He's just dishusting!
Hello wrote:
Strange, my location changed and I am posting from the same place as before. Just so all knows I am not trying to play games, I am the same person that has posted with this nic before on this thread.
TheSolution, I disagree if you are trying to say that Randy Lilly is the solution as candidate for Sheriff. I think you should go back to the beginning and read all the comments about Mr. Lilly. No big surprise that Randy posted that he registered on his FB page today. Funny how he forgets to post how many young girls phone numbers he collected today. I personally refuse to vote for someone who has to ask his friends on FB if he should run for Sheriff. I refuse to vote for anyone that spreads hate about lesbians and gays in the way that Randy does on FB. I refuse to vote for someone who posts about religion so much yet judges others on the very same page. I refuse to vote for someone who takes angels off the angel tree at Christmas and has to run home and post it on FB to see how many"atta boy's" he gets. It seems if that is the only reason he took the angels he did it for the wrong reason. I refuse to vote for a man who disrespects his wife so much as to have children by other women while married, according to many other posters, as well as many people that seem to know Randy well. If Randy's own wife can't trust him, how are we to trust him as Sheriff??? I refuse to vote for someone who has already declared himself as frontrunner when the race has not even begin yet. There is only one way he could know that and that is if he is doing something sinister to get votes, in my opinion. I refuse to vote for someone who has stated many times they have been to all these houses in Summers County talking to citizens, yet everyone I ask says Randy has not been to their house. Seems to me he only goes to family and friends house asking for votes. I welcome a visit from Mr. Lilly as well as many other people who would also welcome him for a visit, however he never shows. Randy can't even debate this race without bringing Garry's children and grandchildren into the conversation. I think you should attack Garry on his job performance, not his family. There are many things he could have chosen about Garry but Randy has to use Garry's family. If Randy was half the man he wants others to think he is there would not be so many posts stating that he asks girls for their phone number. All the religious postings in the world will not mean anything if you don't live by them. The man upstairs knows the truth and no matter how good of a show someone puts on, it means nothing if you are having children with other women while married and asking young girls for phone numbers. Someone really should explain what FB is for to Randy as he apparently does not know that it is not to be used as a way to campaign. That does violate FB TOS. There are posts on this very thread stating that Randy asks for young girls phone numbers. I don't believe we need someone like that as Sheriff. I would take a chance on someone I don't know before I vote for Randy as well as Dolphin or Garry. This is my opinion and I am entitled to it.
Again, I ask if Randy's own wife can't trsut him, how are we to trust him as Sheriff of this County???
Robert

Mount Hope, WV

#121 Jan 27, 2012
my vote goes to ed dolphin.As far as sheriff he does an excellent job.You have to keep in mind he has a boss like everyone else does.He has the credentials and ability to do his job.The problem is not in the sheriff department-its higher up the ladder.
Hello

Madison, WV

#122 Jan 28, 2012
Agreed on all except one thing and that is only because I know absolutely nothing about Mcmellon. I am still waiting to hear more about Mcmellon, but glad to see your opinion on Greg. I will definitely keep that in mind.
thesolution wrote:
I have met Greg twice recently and yes he does bring a breath of fresh air I think he would be a credit to our county in any political setting and would make a great sheriff my vote will be for Mr. Blankenship. My thoughts on the other canidates are this and its simple; Randy=Fake and practice what you preach. Garry=Been there done that. Edward=have a good one and enjoy your retirment never seen you anyway and when I did need you your department didnt respond. Mcmellon=enjoy your retirement and go fishing. My thoughts are my own and expressing them arent meant to harm anyone just stating how I see it simply put no fake fb preachers who smoke two packs of cigarettes a day no been there done that guys and no one seeking suplemental income along with their retirement.
Hello

Madison, WV

#123 Jan 28, 2012
I respectfully disagree with you for seceral reasons. You can't pass the blame on "higher ups" when it was Dolphin posting, cursing, and trashing so many others right on this very forum, in my opinion. I don't consider "an excellant job" when a child died and Dolphin went on TV stating neglect charges would be filed but we never heard about that case again although Dolphin stated he had pics of dirty diapers and rat feces in a home where 3 children lived and 1 child died in. That case just went away. I don't think a Sheriff has a right to sit behind closed doors and when you do see him out he doesn't even speak to the very people that put him in office. The lawsuits are also a very big issue for me. Some things that Dolphin and Chellis have been accused of are disgusting and there seems to be some pretty reliable evidence in this case. The County can't afford another four years and two more lawsuits under Dolphin's leadership. This is my opinion. I will not vote for Dolphin.
Robert wrote:
my vote goes to ed dolphin.As far as sheriff he does an excellent job.You have to keep in mind he has a boss like everyone else does.He has the credentials and ability to do his job.The problem is not in the sheriff department-its higher up the ladder.
Hello

Madison, WV

#124 Jan 28, 2012
The sad part is Randy truly has some people fooled into believing he is close to sainthood. Thank you for speaking out and letting people know Randy is NOT the man some think he is.
honest wrote:
Couldn't agree with you more!! and i know it to be true about him asking for girls numbers because he's ask for mine after he ask me if i was single. He's just dishusting!
<quoted text>
who else

Chapmanville, WV

#125 Jan 28, 2012
"Helo", I like you was amazed when the baby in Avis was found dead and the neglect of the mother was not used to send her to jail. I went so far as to contact the sheriff and he was working toward charging her as the prosecutor had indicated she would do. The prosecutor ended up not charging the woman and all that happend was that the rest of her children were removed. It turns out, in judical circles, that a dirty house is not a crime. I know the woman, I have had dealings with her and I predicted that she would lose a child from neglect someday and that prediction, though presented to dhr, fell on deaf ears and here we are. I cannot blame the sheriffs department for dropping the ball on this one. I do, however blame dhhr and the county prosecutor for it ever coming to the point it did.
Just sayin

Charlotte, NC

#126 Jan 28, 2012
sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
the sudden and unexpected death of an apparently healthy infant, not explained by careful postmortem studies. It typically occurs between birth and age 9 months, with the highest incidence at 3 to 5 months. Called also crib death or cot death because the infant often is found dead in the crib.

There are many misconceptions about the cause of SIDS, most of which are likely to cause feelings of guilt or anger that only add to the heartache of parents whose children have died of the disorder. Among these misconceptions are the beliefs that the infant has suffocated under blankets or from aspirated vomitus, or that contraceptive pills, fluoridation, radioactive fallout, and even lack of breast-feeding have somehow contributed to the disorder

So when Dolphin stated on record in the paper that in his opinion the child died of drowning in his own vomit and then never recanted or exposed the true means of death would one not suspect lies have been told on his part? And even more so, where did he get his medical degree from to even make that speculation? The house may have not been clean but a dirty house does not cause SIDS.

With that said how bout we all let this child rest in peace? After 3years you would think everyone would have left this be and let the family grieve in peace without having to relive the nightmare all over again while you all debate it AGAIN on here. Just sayin
Angered

Lubbock, TX

#127 Jan 28, 2012
Just sayen the community will never forget how that child died in the rat infested house. Besides the mother should never be let forget how she allowed this to happen. She should have been jailed for years.
Hello

Madison, WV

#128 Jan 28, 2012
@ Just sayin. Thank you for the lesson in SIDS, however, that has not one thing to do with what was being talked about. Now if you want to debate this issue, I will go there. Not one person said anything that you claim so crawl back in the same hole you came out of, and BTW, I will talk about this poor baby that had to live in filth any time I please. A dirty house may not cause sids but a filthy house is CHILD NEGLECT. The fact that you state "the house may not have been clean" is quite an understatement. This child deserves to be remebered and while we are at it let's talk about the dirt under the fingernails of this baby. Let;s talk about the fact this baby was not checked on LONG periods of time. Let's talk about the FACT this baby had pneumonia also. Ironic that you bring up SIDS but forget the baby also had pneumonia which makes it difficult to breathe and the smell of the filth would have added to that.
I find your comment about Dolphin funny. You may want to read it several times so you will understand it. I am not a fan of Dolphin but even in your own comment you admit he said the magic words. "IN HIS OPINION the child died of drowning in his own vomit." IN HIS OPINION is not stating anything as fact so he did not lie. That is what he thought at the time and he does not have to recant anything. No one needs a medical degree to state their opinion and you are not being truthful when you insinuate that Dolphin lied about that since he stated IN HIS OPINION. An opinion is not a lie. Opinions may change but that does not make them lies. Our opinions may be proven wrong but that still does not make it a lie.
You can rest assured this baby is resting in peace and by commenting on a public message board about the FILTH those children was forced to live in is not changing that. You come on here with a major attitude telling people not to talk about this only making more people comment. No matter how you twist it, turn it, shake it, the truth does not change and the truth is those children lived in FILTH and no child deserves that. Look up the definition of child neglect and you will see living in unfit conditions or house unkempt is reason for parents to be charged with child neglect. No one is forcing the family to read thses comments that I am aware of so there should be no problem. You can bet your comment will bring more comments about this subject now. I still think the mother should have been charged with child neglect due to the conditions the children was forced to live in and that is my opinion and I am entitled to it just as Mr. Dolphin stated his OPINION at that time. He never stated it as fact! I will remember this child and talk about this child anytime I please. I won't sweep it nice and neat under a rug and act as if this child never existed. He deserved so much more in life than what he got along with the other children that was forced to live in FILTH.
Just sayin wrote:
sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
the sudden and unexpected death of an apparently healthy infant, not explained by careful postmortem studies. It typically occurs between birth and age 9 months, with the highest incidence at 3 to 5 months. Called also crib death or cot death because the infant often is found dead in the crib.
And even more so, where did he get his medical degree from to even make that speculation? The house may have not been clean but a dirty house does not cause SIDS.
With that said how bout we all let this child rest in peace? After 3years you would think everyone would have left this be and let the family grieve in peace without having to relive the nightmare all over again while you all debate it AGAIN on here. Just sayin
Hello

Madison, WV

#129 Jan 28, 2012
Thank you for setting the record straight on this. As soon as I read your comment I remembered being told the same thing at the time. I agree that the blame for this one does not belong on Dolphin. I may not support Dolphin, however, I do believe in blaming the correct person. I was wrong on this one and I am glad you pointed that out. We may not agree on some things but I will admit when I am wrong. Thanks again!
who else wrote:
"Helo", I like you was amazed when the baby in Avis was found dead and the neglect of the mother was not used to send her to jail. I went so far as to contact the sheriff and he was working toward charging her as the prosecutor had indicated she would do. The prosecutor ended up not charging the woman and all that happend was that the rest of her children were removed. It turns out, in judical circles, that a dirty house is not a crime. I know the woman, I have had dealings with her and I predicted that she would lose a child from neglect someday and that prediction, though presented to dhr, fell on deaf ears and here we are. I cannot blame the sheriffs department for dropping the ball on this one. I do, however blame dhhr and the county prosecutor for it ever coming to the point it did.
Hello

Madison, WV

#130 Jan 28, 2012
I agree totally with you. Some would like you to believe that this baby can't rest in peace because of comments on a public forum, or at least try to convince you of this, but I think the truth is they just want it swept under a rug, make it go away, pretend he didn't exist and give this mother an award. No matter what the cause of death was it does not take away the fact that this house was filthy and those children was forced to live in it, that is neglect no matter what some people post or how many times they post. They never liked this being talked about and even now they just want it to go away, hushed, forgotten.I remember well how they set up accounts for donations, but the service was private. They would accept our money but we was not welcome to pay our respects.
Angered wrote:
Just sayen the community will never forget how that child died in the rat infested house. Besides the mother should never be let forget how she allowed this to happen. She should have been jailed for years.
dave

Saint Albans, WV

#131 Jan 28, 2012
Hello wrote:
I respectfully disagree with you for seceral reasons. You can't pass the blame on "higher ups" when it was Dolphin posting, cursing, and trashing so many others right on this very forum, in my opinion. I don't consider "an excellant job" when a child died and Dolphin went on TV stating neglect charges would be filed but we never heard about that case again although Dolphin stated he had pics of dirty diapers and rat feces in a home where 3 children lived and 1 child died in. That case just went away. I don't think a Sheriff has a right to sit behind closed doors and when you do see him out he doesn't even speak to the very people that put him in office. The lawsuits are also a very big issue for me. Some things that Dolphin and Chellis have been accused of are disgusting and there seems to be some pretty reliable evidence in this case. The County can't afford another four years and two more lawsuits under Dolphin's leadership. This is my opinion. I will not vote for Dolphin.
<quoted text>
amen to that vote him out
1 post removed
who else

Chapmanville, WV

#133 Jan 28, 2012
"Hello", I wonder why no one knows anything about the mcmellon that is running for sheriff. If he is a stranger to topix and to most of us then he just may be a viable candidate. I, like you, think we should never forget the child that was allowed to die and no justice was done. there has to be a better way.
Raven

Moundsville, WV

#134 Jan 28, 2012
Everyone just loves to trash Sheriff Dolphin. He has done an excellent job with the he has to work with. Yes he does have a boss. Sheriff Dolphin has no control over what the commissioners and courts decide to do with crimminals that he and his men arrest.
Hello

Madison, WV

#135 Jan 28, 2012
Again, I disagree for reasons stated above. I think just about everyone has someone to answer to. You guys can post a million times over about what an excellant job he has done but it doesnt change the facts. NO ONE is blaming Dolphin for things that is beyond his control. I admitted that Dolphin should not be blamed for not charging the mother of the baby referred to in my earlier post after being corrected by another poster so why don't you post what exactly Dolphin is being trashed for that was/is not in his control??? I am sure you have read my posts so show me where I am blaming Dolphin for the actions of the commissioners and courts??? You can start with just a few issues that I have with Dolphin. The lawsuits is a big issue for me. The fact that after the lawsuits was filed, Farmer, Wheeler, and the female was trashed on this public forum by someone with a very rare location and knew too much about the lawsuits to be just someone off the streets. Dolphin responded very rudely to another poster on this forum using his name, as well as Sheriff. His post under his own name also had that same rare location that is seldom seen on Topix, which leads me to believe that all those posts trashing, cursing, being rude and arrogant, came from Dolphin, in my opinion. No elected public official should post on a public message board using fake names while cursing and trashing others. When asked by the media for a comment on the lawsuits Dolphin stated no comment or said very little, yet, he posts on a public message board under fake names and trashes and curses many other posters, in my opinion. To me, that is deceiving and underhanded. No one owns that blame but Dolphin himself, unless or until he proves he did not post anonymously on this forum. Once someone pointed out the facts that almost all the posts about Garry's family and trashing Garry was from the same location as the posts with Dolphin's name, the posts from that location stopped or being very infrequent. Why does Dolphin stay behind a closed door so much??? When he is out why can't he even speak to those who put him in office??? There is no way anyone can be blamed for the things I have listed but Dolphin himself. You can't always twist and turn things to pass the blame onto others. There are times you have to own that blame for your own actions yourself.
Raven wrote:
Everyone just loves to trash Sheriff Dolphin. He has done an excellent job with the he has to work with. Yes he does have a boss. Sheriff Dolphin has no control over what the commissioners and courts decide to do with crimminals that he and his men arrest.
Hello

Madison, WV

#136 Jan 28, 2012
I wish there was a way to find out more about him. Like I stated before, I will vote for someone I know nothing about before I vote for Dolphin, Wheeler, or Lilly, I would truly love for someone to interview him or something. At this point, for me, its between Mcmellon and Blankenship. I know very little about both of these candidates but I will take a chance on them before voting for the others. I know some people read my comments and think I am defending Wheeler but that is not my motive. I would not want to be judged by what some of my family members have done and I don't think he should be either. Garry did too many things to list that I totally disagree with while in office but you don't see many that actually attack him on those things. Its always about his daughters and granddaughters. I would never vote for Wheeler but I base that on his job performance and the fact the he has an ego bigger than Texas, in my opinion.

I am so glad that this baby was not forgotten. I lost sleep many nights over what this baby must have had to go through.

I also hope our community never forgets Isabella Hurley. Only one was punished while the other only got 5 years. I was told that she will probably serve about 2 and a half years of that sentence. I wonder if that is what Amy thinks that innocent little baby's life was worth. Children are supposed to be our future yet every day we hear about a child abuse story or a child going missing. I think this sends a horrible message to other parents of children. Some may think if they want to abuse their children go to Summers County to do it and you won't be punished. As you pointed out to me earlier, that blame goes to Amy and CPS, not Dolphin. I totally agree with you on CPS/DHS. They was involved in both of these cases and both children are now dead. There needs to be changes. I have personally reported something to CPS almost two months ago and still nothing has changed. I went through our local office as well as Child Abuse Hotline and nothing has changed. We need to save these innocent victims but until there is changes I am not sure what we can do.
who else wrote:
"Hello", I wonder why no one knows anything about the mcmellon that is running for sheriff. If he is a stranger to topix and to most of us then he just may be a viable candidate. I, like you, think we should never forget the child that was allowed to die and no justice was done. there has to be a better way.
Interested Party

Denver, CO

#137 Jan 29, 2012
Hello wrote:
I respectfully disagree with you for seceral reasons. You can't pass the blame on "higher ups" when it was Dolphin posting, cursing, and trashing so many others right on this very forum, in my opinion.... <quoted text>
"Hello," I have yet to see your "proof" that Ed Dolphin made posts cursing and trashing others on this forum.
Hello wrote:
...I don't consider "an excellant job" when a child died and Dolphin went on TV stating neglect charges would be filed but we never heard about that case again although Dolphin stated he had pics of dirty diapers and rat feces in a home where 3 children lived and 1 child died in. That case just went away. <quoted text>
The sheriff, or any other law enforcement officer can make an arrest of anyone for whatever crime they believed to have happened. However, it is up to the prosecutor to formerly file the charges and prosecute the case, and the sheriff can do nothing about it. Also, if the prosecutor DID prosecute, the judge might throw the case out of court, or if prosecuted, the jury may acquit the defendant. In neither case does the sheriff have any power to do anything about it.
Hello wrote:
I don't think a Sheriff has a right to sit behind closed doors and when you do see him out he doesn't even speak to the very people that put him in office. <quoted text>
This statement sounds somewhat idiosyncratic, perhaps even a little peculiar for someone with a propensity for anonymously posting unsubstantiated nonsense on a public forum.
Hello wrote:
The lawsuits are also a very big issue for me. Some things that Dolphin and Chellis have been accused of are disgusting and there seems to be some pretty reliable evidence in this case. <quoted text>
Where is your "proof" for this one? For you information, in this country anyone can file a law suit making silly or disgusting charges against anyone else, regardless of merit. In fact, some people have even been known to post such nonsense in online forums. As an example, someone could post that Dolphin made posts "cursing, and trashing so many others" without proof, without merit, and regardless of how silly it is. But, as I'm sure you already know, merely posting such nonsense does not make the accusation true.
Hello wrote:
This is my opinion. I will not vote for Dolphin. <quoted text>
"Hello," you have a right to your opinion, as well as the right to vote for whomever you wish, and I respect that. But, I too, have an opinion. And, that opinion is that you have a political agenda that overwhelms good common sense.
econ 101

United States

#138 Jan 29, 2012
I thought Lea Hunt was running for sheriff? What happened.
Hello

Madison, WV

#139 Jan 29, 2012
@ Interested Party I stated my reasons for believing Dolphin made all those posts I have a right to post my opinion without any proof. It's not up to me to prove him guilty or innocent. Why was Dolphin bragging about his posts on this public forum if he didn't make them??? There is no law stating that I have to prove anything to post my opinion online and I will continue to do so regardless of what you post. You continue to ask me for proof so lets see you proof that I have a political agenda of any kind???

If you would read ALL the comments instead of pretending to know so much you would see that I admitted Dolphin does not own the blame over the baby that died in Avis. Another poster corrected me and I admitted Dolphin should not own that blame so try reading ALL comments before replying as I already admitted my mistake.

You can call my posts whatever you like but you won't stop me from posting my opinion. I do believe I would pay more attention to what I post if I was you because it makes you look hypocritical when you post things that have already been corrected by not only myself but another poster also and calling my posts nonsense. Let's make this easy and you ignore my posts since they seem to ruin your day because I will continue posting my opinion and you will not stop me. I am entitled to that right. You can attack me all you want, call my posts nonsense however many times you please, and make false accusations but there is a big difference between my posting on this public forum anonymously and Dolphin posting anonymously. I am NOT running for any public office regardless of what you may think. I would never post on a public message board if I was as those posts can always be traced right back to you. I have not cursed or name called anyone the way Dolphin has, not even rude posters who call my posts nonsense while posting what has already been posted.

Let me be very clear about one thing since you don't seem to get it. I don't have to prove ANYTHING to ANYONE at any time in the same way you don't have to prove that I have a political agenda, although I would love to see you ATTEMPT that one. Again, asking me for proof while making false accusation against me seems hypocritical to me. Lawsuits are sometimes filed because they are true and want people held accountable for their actions also. You seem to have forgotten that reason. The lawsuits will be proven true or false in a court of law. That is not up to me, however voting for someone I believe to be the best candidate is an honor that I take seriously. Posting an accusation does not make it true no matter how silly it is. I agree but there are reasons that I have stated for believing this and the irony is rich how you keep posting the same thing while making your false accusations against myself. Maybe you need to take a lesson in practice what you preach. I will continue posting my opinion and if you don't like it, you should ignore it because regard;ess of what you post I will continue posting my opinion and there is not one thing you can do to stop me. If you don't like it, don't read it! Pretty simple solution.

Dolphin has been heard bragging about these posts.

Same location as Dolphin posting under his name and so many posts trashing and cursing others.

Most of the posts involve Wheeler, Farmer, Law Enforcement, female involved in lawsuit.

Location is a rare location on Topix.

When asked about these posts Dolphin has NEVER denied them.

The posts from that location became infrequent or stopped after being pointed out by another poster.

The circumstances above are the reasons for my opinion. I stand by that opinion, and nothing you post is going to change that no matter what you call my posts, and how many times you ask for proof while having none of your own. Since yo enjoy asking others for proof why don't you prove that Dolphin didn't make any such posts.
Curiousor

Summersville, WV

#140 Jan 30, 2012
thesolution wrote:
I have met Greg twice recently and yes he does bring a breath of fresh air I think he would be a credit to our county in any political setting and would make a great sheriff my vote will be for Mr. Blankenship. My thoughts on the other canidates are this and its simple; Randy=Fake and practice what you preach. Garry=Been there done that. Edward=have a good one and enjoy your retirment never seen you anyway and when I did need you your department didnt respond. Mcmellon=enjoy your retirement and go fishing. My thoughts are my own and expressing them arent meant to harm anyone just stating how I see it simply put no fake fb preachers who smoke two packs of cigarettes a day no been there done that guys and no one seeking suplemental income along with their retirement.
You people are so stupid! You are willing to sacrifice anything and everything. What makes Blankenship so sheriff material? Just because he was from here? What do you honestly know about him? I would not vote for Wheeler or Dolphin. Both of these men in black are fools...both just need insurance paid by you the people. Have you ever thought about the actions of these two and wonder how they let their officers get away with so much? We are tax payers, and to not get the respect from this office is ridiculous. Yes, Dolphin wrecked his vehicle because he violates the law, but you drive like he drives, you will certainly get stopped by him or his crew. No Wheeler...no Dolphin!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike meadows getting aide from summers county? 1 hr Stupidity 8
darren dj forren 3 hr youhavenolife 4
*Chane 1 Letter* (Nov '12) 3 hr SWAMP WITCH 927
Change one letter.... (Oct '08) 4 hr SWAMP WITCH 1,798
Help needed 9 hr Sandy 2
That can't eat or sleep kind of love 13 hr Mary Raines 11
free steven raines benefit dinner 13 hr Mary Raines 24
Hinton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:29 am PST

NFL 6:29AM
Steelers reportedly to allow Worilds to hit market
ESPN12:52 PM
Source: Hardy eyes immediate reinstatement
Yahoo! Sports 3:35 PM
Agent: Panthers' Hardy seeking reinstatement from NFL
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers' Ultimate Free-Agency To-Do List
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
What Are the Steelers' Options at Slot Receiver?