Sheriff

Posted in the Hinton Forum

Comments (Page 5)

Showing posts 81 - 100 of391
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
who else

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#99
Jan 25, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Gary Wheler gets a lot of flack for his children and grandchildren and it does seem odd that they seem to be protected in some way from being busted. As far as his drug busts if you will notice, the same people that were doing drugs and selling drugs are still doing them and selling them today. In other words, his busts yielded no long term results. In fact, his cowboy style of doing things really cost the county a lot of money in the price we taxpayers pay to keep the scumbags in jail for what little time they did get for their crimes. I guess what I am saying is that us democrats probably need to look elsewhere for a suitable sheriffs candidate when the primary comes around. Of the dems running which fills the bill though.
Hello

Danville, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100
Jan 25, 2012
 
Again, I am not voting for Garry and I wouldn't tell anyone to vote for him but there are FACTS that should not be ignored. I don't believe Garry should be in office again. I really think we need someone new in office. That is my personal opinion just like I am of the opinion that Dolphin should not be in office again. So Garry now gets judged because he did put drug dealers in jail and it costed us money??? This makes no sense at all. People complain about the drug dealers, then complain because the drug dealers costed us taxpayers money while in jail and then Garry gets the blame for how long the drug dealers spent in jail. Maybe you should look at the judges who actually sentence convicted felons for how long someone serves. Maybe we should look at Prosecuting Attorneys who make plea deals with people to shorten their sentence. Blame Garry for his own actions, not things that he has no control over. However, the fact is that Garry put his children/grandchildren in jail more often than Dolpin has. This can be proven. The Sheriff, regardless of who is in office has only so much control. The Sheriff can arrest anyone but has no control over how long these convicts stay in jail or prison. The Sheriff does not determine how long anyone serves in jail or prison. Do we blame Dolphin for the fact that Hurley will only serve five years in relation to the death of her own daughter??? Is that Dolphin's fault because he was in office when that happened? I think you need to put the blame where it belongs and make an informed decision on all Sheriff Candidates,on job performance, if they have held office before.
Mee 2

Lubbock, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#101
Jan 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I think another thing the citizens of this county should do is compare the drug arrests during the wheeler term to the ones in the Dolphin term. One thing for sure you cant make arrests sitting in a office all day. How many times each day do we hear 911 calling for any available state or county unit and the radio remains quiet. each time this happens someone is calling for a police officer and there is nobody to respond. Is this any way to serve your citizens? I dont care who you vote for but just remember in order to make arrests for drugs or protect our county they have to be out there and available.
econ 101

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#102
Jan 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

So from the last three posts, what I'm getting is that you don't want the drug dealers arrested, and you don't want our tax dollars to pay for them to be in jail so what should we do? Do you have a suggestion, what kill them or just let them keep dealing. All of you need to come to a conclusion of what to do about the drug dealers and the dopeheads!! Now when you come up with the answer go run for office and do whatever you think is best when you get elected, that's all the garry or dolphin or amy or has done. There is no good answer, if death was a legal solution I think that would be it. Again just to let u know this is my oppinion and I'm entitled to it.
Hello

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#103
Jan 26, 2012
 
Wow! I have no clue where you get the idea that my post above or the post following mine is saying that we don't want drug dealers arrested. Maybe you should go read again. There is only ONE comment complaining about tax payers paying for druggies to be in jail. The comment after mine by Mee 2 does not even bring up anything close to what you claim. Tax payers is not even mentioned in the entire post. The point of the post is you have to be out in the County to bust the drug dealers. To even suggest that we kill all drug dealers is ridiculous. Yes I do have a suggestion, thank you for asking. I think we need someone new in office. I think there should be no such thing as plea deals. I think the "Three strikes" law should be inforced for everyone. I Don't think LEO should let any drug dealer off the hook whether they cooperate or not. I don't think druggies should be wired just to avoid being punished. I think we need to make a very informed decision based on TRUTH and FACTS as we vote. Since you brought Amy up, I think she makes way too many plea deals to avoid all the paperwork. I think Amy let ISABELLA HURLEY down by making a plea with Cristen. This child was failed by our justice system. I think Dolphin should spend less time posting on Topix and more time opening his door to the people who gave him this job. I think no public official should post on a public message board under numerous posting nics, while cursing other posters, trashing the former Sheriff, Trashing a Deputy, being rude and arrogant to others. I think any Sheriff that has two lawsuits against him is too suspicious to put back in office. Again, your post states things that are NOT true, so maybe you need to read the above comments again. The above is my opinion and I am entitled to it!
hornet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#104
Jan 26, 2012
 
vote wheeler, anyone other than dolphin
who else

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#105
Jan 26, 2012
 
Why "Hello" I thought you and I were forever going to be disagreeable to each other. I can see by your last post that there is a lot we can and do agree on. I am, however, wondering about this Mccmellon fellow. No one that I talk to seems to know anything about him. As for the lawsuits we find our current sheriff envolved in I cant even speculate on the outcome nor will I speculate on why the lawsuits were really filed. I know what I have heard makes a lot of sense to me but I wont bore you with that information here.
Thesolution

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Jan 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Randy Lilly is also running.
1 post removed
Hello

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
Jan 26, 2012
 
Who Else, I know nothing about McMellon. I haven't heard anything about him. I just wish there was someone that I felt confident about voting for. At this time I don't believe in any of the candidates that I do know about. I wish the one you speak of would tell us something about himself. Thank you for your nice reply.
Thesolution

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
Jan 26, 2012
 
Not saying he is the solution though.
Greg

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
Jan 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I think we as a community should get out and vote on election day just to get Dolphin out! You can hate on me if you want for this but last time I checked I still have my freedom of speech and I'm expressing it! So after election day I'm hoping to say Good Riddance to Dolphin!!!! I made the mistake of voting you and and I'm gladly voting for someone else to vote you out!
Hello

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
Jan 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Strange, my location changed and I am posting from the same place as before. Just so all knows I am not trying to play games, I am the same person that has posted with this nic before on this thread.

TheSolution, I disagree if you are trying to say that Randy Lilly is the solution as candidate for Sheriff. I think you should go back to the beginning and read all the comments about Mr. Lilly. No big surprise that Randy posted that he registered on his FB page today. Funny how he forgets to post how many young girls phone numbers he collected today. I personally refuse to vote for someone who has to ask his friends on FB if he should run for Sheriff. I refuse to vote for anyone that spreads hate about lesbians and gays in the way that Randy does on FB. I refuse to vote for someone who posts about religion so much yet judges others on the very same page. I refuse to vote for someone who takes angels off the angel tree at Christmas and has to run home and post it on FB to see how many"atta boy's" he gets. It seems if that is the only reason he took the angels he did it for the wrong reason. I refuse to vote for a man who disrespects his wife so much as to have children by other women while married, according to many other posters, as well as many people that seem to know Randy well. If Randy's own wife can't trust him, how are we to trust him as Sheriff??? I refuse to vote for someone who has already declared himself as frontrunner when the race has not even begin yet. There is only one way he could know that and that is if he is doing something sinister to get votes, in my opinion. I refuse to vote for someone who has stated many times they have been to all these houses in Summers County talking to citizens, yet everyone I ask says Randy has not been to their house. Seems to me he only goes to family and friends house asking for votes. I welcome a visit from Mr. Lilly as well as many other people who would also welcome him for a visit, however he never shows. Randy can't even debate this race without bringing Garry's children and grandchildren into the conversation. I think you should attack Garry on his job performance, not his family. There are many things he could have chosen about Garry but Randy has to use Garry's family. If Randy was half the man he wants others to think he is there would not be so many posts stating that he asks girls for their phone number. All the religious postings in the world will not mean anything if you don't live by them. The man upstairs knows the truth and no matter how good of a show someone puts on, it means nothing if you are having children with other women while married and asking young girls for phone numbers. Someone really should explain what FB is for to Randy as he apparently does not know that it is not to be used as a way to campaign. That does violate FB TOS. There are posts on this very thread stating that Randy asks for young girls phone numbers. I don't believe we need someone like that as Sheriff. I would take a chance on someone I don't know before I vote for Randy as well as Dolphin or Garry. This is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Again, I ask if Randy's own wife can't trsut him, how are we to trust him as Sheriff of this County???
Hello

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
Jan 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I agree with your post. I will be voting but the question is who to trust enough to vote for.
Greg wrote:
I think we as a community should get out and vote on election day just to get Dolphin out! You can hate on me if you want for this but last time I checked I still have my freedom of speech and I'm expressing it! So after election day I'm hoping to say Good Riddance to Dolphin!!!! I made the mistake of voting you and and I'm gladly voting for someone else to vote you out!
Thesolution

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113
Jan 26, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

@hello. I totally agree with you on Lilly as I posted above I didn't mean that he was the solution I did try to clear that up if you look above at my last post you can see that, I also know him well and he isn't the person he portrays himself to be on fb he's got alot of people fooled and I feel sorry for them, I remember seeing his post about the angels at the store he bought and was boasting about it witch shows his true character witch is hey look at me I need attention honestly he shouldn't run because people who know him are going to out him and expose him for who he really is..... just saying.

Level 1

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Jan 26, 2012
 
I do see your post saying as you claim. I didn't mean to come across rude. Thank you for your nice post. I am glad that some do see the truth.
Thesolution wrote:
@hello. I totally agree with you on Lilly as I posted above I didn't mean that he was the solution I did try to clear that up if you look above at my last post you can see that, I also know him well and he isn't the person he portrays himself to be on fb he's got alot of people fooled and I feel sorry for them, I remember seeing his post about the angels at the store he bought and was boasting about it witch shows his true character witch is hey look at me I need attention honestly he shouldn't run because people who know him are going to out him and expose him for who he really is..... just saying.
Hello

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Jan 26, 2012
 
I do see your post stating as you claim. I didn't mean to come across as rude. Thank you for your nice comment. I am glad that others see him for what he is.
Thesolution wrote:
@hello. I totally agree with you on Lilly as I posted above I didn't mean that he was the solution I did try to clear that up if you look above at my last post you can see that, I also know him well and he isn't the person he portrays himself to be on fb he's got alot of people fooled and I feel sorry for them, I remember seeing his post about the angels at the store he bought and was boasting about it witch shows his true character witch is hey look at me I need attention honestly he shouldn't run because people who know him are going to out him and expose him for who he really is..... just saying.
Hello

Huntington, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
Jan 26, 2012
 
Sorry for double post. Someone else was on the computer and I did not realize they was signed into an account. Both posts are from me however, that is not my account.
Here is a thought

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#117
Jan 27, 2012
 
Hello wrote:
Sorry for double post. Someone else was on the computer and I did not realize they was signed into an account. Both posts are from me however, that is not my account.
Greg Blankenship is a candidate that would be an asset. Young and full of energy and not affiliated with political factions . Native of Hinton that just moved back several months ago. He is here to better the community and will be a breath of fresh air. Give someone new a try
thesolution

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118
Jan 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I have met Greg twice recently and yes he does bring a breath of fresh air I think he would be a credit to our county in any political setting and would make a great sheriff my vote will be for Mr. Blankenship. My thoughts on the other canidates are this and its simple; Randy=Fake and practice what you preach. Garry=Been there done that. Edward=have a good one and enjoy your retirment never seen you anyway and when I did need you your department didnt respond. Mcmellon=enjoy your retirement and go fishing. My thoughts are my own and expressing them arent meant to harm anyone just stating how I see it simply put no fake fb preachers who smoke two packs of cigarettes a day no been there done that guys and no one seeking suplemental income along with their retirement.
Smart idea

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#119
Jan 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

thesolution wrote:
I have met Greg twice recently and yes he doesT bring a breath of fresh air I think he would be a credit to our county in any political setting and would make a great sheriff my vote will be for Mr. Blankenship. My thoughts on the other canidates are this and its simple; Randy=Fake and practice what you preach. Garry=Been there done that. Edward=have a good one and enjoy your retirment never seen you anyway and when I did need you your department didnt respond. Mcmellon=enjoy your retirement and go fishing. My thoughts are my own and expressing them arent meant to harm anyone just stating how I see it simply put no fake fb preachers who smoke two packs of cigarettes a day no been there done that guys and no one seeking suplemental income along with their retirement.
. Couldn't agree more. Time for a change

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of391
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Hinton Forum right now

Search the Hinton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 6 min Well Duh 53,411
hinton alien invasion 36 min the real anonymouse 2
One Legged Man - True (Jul '10) 6 hr cheryl 6
Change one letter.... (Oct '08) 22 hr _Zoey_ 1,251
Change A Word Game (Jul '11) 22 hr _Zoey_ 1,950
Lets play "follow the word" (Dec '10) 22 hr _Zoey_ 246
pc baits Mon pat 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hinton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Hinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Hinton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Hinton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••