FIRE

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Feb 26, 2013
Started at about 2:15 AM 2/26/2013
horrible

Beckley, WV

#2 Feb 26, 2013
how many houses lost now?
it looked like most of, if not all, brick row is gone - are there additional homes on fire? and what about those behind them?
FIRE

Oak Hill, WV

#3 Feb 26, 2013
When I walked up...All of Brick row is gone..The last one they were trying to put out about 45 min ago...But the entire thing is gone...They are just letting in burn it self out....The house behind it all seem okay..But they are going to smell the smoke for weeks to come...I posted a picture here in topix....
hmmm

United States

#4 Feb 26, 2013
The crime rate is already falling!
contractor

Princeton, WV

#5 Feb 26, 2013
Any word on the cause of the fire?

“as you would have others...”

Level 1

Since: Mar 09

United States

#6 Feb 26, 2013
That crime rate remark was uncalled for. There were good people that lived there too.
Cause was arson.
MED

Alexandria, VA

#7 Feb 26, 2013
why is arson suspected? was anyone hurt?
New

United States

#8 Feb 26, 2013
It was Very uncalled for. Some people are foolish with words.
FIRE

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Feb 26, 2013
They caught 2 out of 3 of the guys
New

United States

#10 Feb 26, 2013
Who? Who are they? Who could do this?0
MED

Alexandria, VA

#11 Feb 26, 2013
AWESOME. Thanks for the update.
Roy

Bluefield, VA

#12 Feb 26, 2013
Just saw a picture on Facebook with a statement saying that Billy Joe Gill was arrested and charged with first degree arson.
MKL

United States

#13 Feb 26, 2013
how much did Andrew have to pay Billy Gill to burn them down?
FIRE

Oak Hill, WV

#14 Feb 26, 2013
MED

Alexandria, VA

#15 Feb 26, 2013
thank you everyone for the updates. my grandparents lived in 821 for almost 30 years until they passed away in the last few years.
INFO

Clarksburg, WV

#16 Feb 26, 2013
Wondering

Beckley, WV

#17 Feb 26, 2013
Who was the 2nd one arrested?
horrible

Beckley, WV

#18 Feb 26, 2013
so far they've only booked Billy Gill

I live close enough to feel the heat from the flames last night and to have my home smell like smoke today. I know that Brick Row has a reputation and I'm sure that at least some of the people who lived there did/sold drugs, however I doubt that everyone did.

To make such an ignorant statement that "the crime rate is already falling" shows how heartless you are. I'd expand further on that but obviously you're not someone who cares.

From the radio station:

radioAM1380 - Historic Hinton's Hometown Radio
Donations are being accepted for the families affected by this mornings fire at JL Massie Insurance on Temple Street in Hinton. Some of the families only made it out with the clothes on their back so anything you can do to help will be appreciated. Items needed immediately are clothing, toiletries and food. Please submit these items bagged or boxed. gift cards will also be accepted. If you can't do anything more please share this post to help get the word out. We will keep you informed as we learn more.

Anyone affected by this is to meet up at 1pm at City Hall, Red Cross will be there to help.
PP RAINWATER

Beckley, WV

#19 Feb 26, 2013
They caught 1 and also a house on 5th ave was burnt they say by the same guy just about 30 minutes before that appartments caught on fire.Total loss for the appartment complex on Brick Row was some good ppl that lost all they owned thanks to an idiots that should never see daylight again.

Level 3

Since: Apr 12

Oak Hill, WV

#20 Feb 26, 2013
calls started coming on the scanner about 20 after 1 this morning, and have not stopped since.. May god watch over those that lost everything they owned ... Drugs and all ... Yeah I also thought that was an uncalled for remark.. I live on this street and we all smell of smoke today.. I also have complained about some elements that might have lived in brick row,,, BUT NO ONE DESERVES TO LOOSE THERE HOMES.. in such a manner...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change A Word Game (Jul '11) 13 hr Analog man 1,993
Greg Berry (May '12) 15 hr True teller 11
Change one letter.... (Oct '08) 19 hr Honest Babe 1,336
*Chane 1 Letter* (Nov '12) 19 hr Honest Babe 465
last letter first (Sep '13) 19 hr Honest Babe 364
Found dog 21 hr Dognanny 4
Danny's bar 23 hr Karma 8
Hinton Dating
Find my Match

Hinton People Search