Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

Should a child be promoted to the next grade if they are on homebound becuz they committed a violent act at school and they are only getting 1 hour a week of school?
Teacher

Oakland City, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

Absolutely, yes this child desrves to be promoted, if he or she fulfilled their obligations to the school. And you, "My Dear" should not be sticking your big snotty nose where it does not belong.
Disgruntled Mom

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2014

Judged:

Dear Teacher... I am the child's mother.
Huh

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2014

No its obvious the kid has problems. Unless the parents put him into private school, i say learn to flip burgers.
Huh

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2014

If your worried about his education teach him yourself. If your worried about a babysitter quit playing the system and realize your a parent.
please

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2014

Judged:

Disgruntled Mom wrote:
Should a child be promoted to the next grade if they are on homebound becuz they committed a violent act at school and they are only getting 1 hour a week of school?

I believe this is a question for KIM at the Board office and NOT a question from a mother to the all knowing topix counselors......please

Besides that...... you have control over your own child's education. If you feel the homebound teacher is doing a poor job....then get a new one. Why do people come to topix for matters that need caring people to answer questions instead of trash talkers and whoremongers to answer......
Teacher

North Vernon, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2014

Judged:

please wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe this is a question for KIM at the Board office and NOT a question from a mother to the all knowing topix counselors......please
Besides that...... you have control over your own child's education. If you feel the homebound teacher is doing a poor job....then get a new one. Why do people come to topix for matters that need caring people to answer questions instead of trash talkers and whoremongers to answer......
Excuse me? You said, "Trash talkers and whoremongers" May I be so bold to ask what you are doing on here? Somebody needs to wash your, "dirty mouth" out with SOAP!!
Shame on you, for pointing fingers at people you do not know!
tim

Princeton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

No matter what the child did or didn't do at school to get kicked out as long as he or she gets all of their work done. A the keeps good grades yes they should pass. Even Imates that takes School in prison they get their G.E.D if they pass. Shouldn't a child get the same chance
solution

Oak Hill, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2014

You could put this child in a group home or juvenile detention center where the state will guarantee that the child gets an education. How violent was the act?
Curious

Bumpass, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

No they should not pass for just an hour a day. I home school my girls, and they do all four subjects daily, they only have reading science, math and social studies, but they work on all 4. They take a test everyday. I don't think when they suspend a kid they should get home bound. I feel like that's to easy for them. When I went to school if you got suspended then you were just at home those days, and you did not get to make them up. Why suspend them if you are just going to make them have class for an hour only?
mother of homebound child

Beckley, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

For one I dont understand why your child should only get an hour? My child is on homebound and gets 2hrs 4days a week. And as for a violent act, back in the days when I went to school what they call a violent act now days would have been what we called a fight and the only thing that would have happened would have been you went to the principals office and you got paddled. Thats the problem with kids now days NO DISCIPLINE. You can not punish your child unless the state calls it abuse. Well if a spanking is abuse more children need to be in the states custody and let them put up with what we as parents have to..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Hinton Forum right now

Search the Hinton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 36 min fitness-guru 53,697
West Virginia Clothing Vouchers (Aug '11) 1 hr Tink 82
did we tell you why atwell lost his daughter bella 7 hr Ronald bigpimpin atwell 13
Wilma and Hinton's Dairy Queen employees (Jun '08) 9 hr old employee 102
Change one letter.... (Oct '08) 15 hr _Zoey_ 1,253
its fun breaking up marriages&relationships 17 hr wild child 4
rematch im gonna get vengeance and win 17 hr wild child 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hinton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••