its all over facebook but no one is being specific
Such bs

Washington, DC

#4 Apr 25, 2014
I heard they are going to strike over some stupid stuff
really

Goshen, VA

#5 Apr 26, 2014
stupid stuff. guess having your wages froze for years than told that if your kid is sick or you become ill, that if u want to take sick days it will cost u your vacation... How do you expect for a nurse to do there job and enjoy it when there bosses are cut throats and try to take anything worth working for away... Everybody needs to back these nurses, if they don't want to work. who u think is going to be there when u fall ill..
why

Chantilly, VA

#6 Apr 26, 2014
[email protected]$& unions. will cross the picket line on purpose. they need to be grateful they have jobs and shut up about it. they are a dime a dozen and replaceable.:)
Brookie

Fayetteville, WV

#7 Apr 26, 2014
Unions built this great nation.....if you want to bash someone bash the corporations that are turning people back into slaves and serfs not hard working nurses who work to keep people alive and only want a decent wage for their efforts.
really

Ada, OH

#8 Apr 26, 2014
why wrote:
[email protected]$& unions. will cross the picket line on purpose. they need to be grateful they have jobs and shut up about it. they are a dime a dozen and replaceable.:)
u must be a fuh king idiot. u have no idea what u talking about...I hope and pray something bad don't happen to you and one of these union nurses would have to take care of such an ungrateful welfare funded white\black trash s.o.b.
LOL

Washington, DC

#9 Apr 26, 2014
No one else is getting raises either. That's the way our economy is. And no raises for how many years? You renegotiate the contract every few years so quit acting like its 10 yrs. The fact is the union nurses get paid better than nurses elsewhere especially when you include their ridiculously cheap healthcare. If you think it's so bad go to any other state & get a very rude awakening as to how good you actually have it.
Nurse

United States

#10 Apr 28, 2014
Its not even about the money as much as it is safe Nurse/Patient Ratios. If my family were in hospital I would expect the nurse to only have maybe 4 other patients to care for, bathe, feed, diaper, turn, medicate etc. I would not want to share the nurse with 6or 7 other people, because my family member would not get adequate care.
As for the money the price freeze has already been in effect for 4 years while CEO pay has more than doubled. Many RNs are so underpaid that they are on public assistance. And if you drive down the road a little ways non Union hospitals pay up to $10 more an hour. This is creating a health care shortage in hour area. We need our local hospital and want to keep it open! Say what you want but when you or your families life is in danger you will want an experienced nursing staff who knows what they are doing to care about you and save your life. So we need you to care about us
tEc743

Oak Hill, WV

#11 Apr 28, 2014
Nurse wrote:
Its not even about the money as much as it is safe Nurse/Patient Ratios. If my family were in hospital I would expect the nurse to only have maybe 4 other patients to care for, bathe, feed, diaper, turn, medicate etc. I would not want to share the nurse with 6or 7 other people, because my family member would not get adequate care.
As for the money the price freeze has already been in effect for 4 years while CEO pay has more than doubled. Many RNs are so underpaid that they are on public assistance. And if you drive down the road a little ways non Union hospitals pay up to $10 more an hour. This is creating a health care shortage in hour area. We need our local hospital and want to keep it open! Say what you want but when you or your families life is in danger you will want an experienced nursing staff who knows what they are doing to care about you and save your life. So we need you to care about us
very well said ... our kroger contract is up in october and we face a lot of similar issues....if the nurses deem it necessary to strike, i shall be behind them 100% SOLIDARITY FOREVER. our unions are the only protection we have from the corporate greed, like someone said earlier , i bet ceo's and upper management haven't had any pay or benefit cuts laid on their table...i am a union shop steward myself and if we dont continue to fight big corporate we shall loose all the ground that the generations before us achieved and there will be no getting it back this time....KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT NURSES!!!!!!!
u cant hadle the truth

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Apr 28, 2014
why wrote:
your obviously uneducated mouth is troubling yet o so common in todays society, barring some abuse in the auto industry unions are the reason that you have the minimum wage(union wages are the benchmark from which the minimum wage is configured) that you are paid now that is if you work at all (i kind of get the career welfare vibe from you though) these nurses and other staff involved are far from a dime a dozen. they are educated a caring people that when you are wheeled into their er after a car wreck i bet u are dammed happy to see.they have to constantly keep up their licensure and take ce's to help them stay abreast of the ever changing medical world. crossing a picket line is your choice but i am sure that is not what the nurses want so hopefully it will all be averted and life will go on.
Strike

Washington, DC

#13 Apr 28, 2014
A 1 day strike!? & you announce ahead of time you're only going to strike 1 day?! Bahahahaha You have to be a special kind of stupid to announce ahead of time that you're going to cave
hahahahaha

United States

#14 Apr 29, 2014
Really lady? 4 is too much? 4 patients over a 12 hour period is too much for you to handle? All 4 don't require work every second, nor at the same time, during your shift unless MAYBE you're in an ICU. You're just a lazy ass if you are incapable of giving excellent Pt care to 8 people over 12 hours. Period. If you think 6 or 7 is too much you need to kiss the ground this hospital is on because all 3 hospitals I worked in (in 2 other states) we easily took care of 10-15 each. Pts received excellent care & we didn't complain b/c work is the job. Its why we get a paycheck. Jobs aren't meant to be easy. They don't pay us to read books, watch DVD players, play on our phones or sleep (like happens at SCARH).

If the other hospitals are so much better why not go there? I bet they will make you care for more than 4 patients on your shift.

Pathetic.
Nurse wrote:
Nurse

United States

#15 Apr 30, 2014
In no state I am aware of is it LEGAL by state LAW to do primary care nursing on that number of patients. Perhaps you are thinking of Nursing Home care ratios. When doing Primary care you are the ONLY nurse for a patient, there is no help.
The good news is that the strike is postponed. Another contract is on the table and we are being allowed to work under old contract until that time. So for now it is a win for our community. I am very surprised by the viciousness by people hating unions. Either way, we hope to be here when you need us. God Bless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Does a child deserve to know who their biologic... (Apr '11) 19 min Dustin 97
Trailer park cats 1 hr Carl 2
News Officer recovering after off duty shooting 1 hr Sergio Kirskoph 75
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 7 hr Diane of Laughter 4,318
Last Post Wins (Dec '11) Fri Princess Hey 817
last post wins!!!! (Jul '13) Fri texas pete 265
Why? Fri Some People 13

Hinton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hinton Mortgages