First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Juniorq

Charleston, WV

#25 Aug 27, 2013
maybe wrote:
Try calling Lewisburg cps and ask for a supervisor in cps.
I do think they are not supervised out of Lewisburg
Benny Bunny

Charleston, WV

#26 Aug 27, 2013
I called the CPS once and they went to the ppls house and told them who called,which I did not care.Did not call the first witness that also seen the things going on.Told the woman that they did not believe anything that was report cause they were friends.
Information Please

United States

#27 Aug 27, 2013
So what can a person do? How do you protect the children? I'm so lost! HELP
Trying to Understand

Oak Hill, WV

#28 Aug 27, 2013
What is the issue you are trying to correct? What have you seen that they will not respond to? It is very hard to understand your concern with such veiled and subtle references to abuse or neglect. CPS has people who are trained to receive and analyze every call and all are noted and reviewed by a supervisor as I understand.......if situations are conceived to be an immediate danger to the life or welfare of children someone is sent out very quickly to investigate.....if it is of lesser concern they do followup visits and interviews to ascertain is abuse is taking place. That said, CPS is not a police force...they are social workers trained to help in a community and they work in conjunction with police, DA, the Court, and other lawyers to try to help people and families.........if you see abuse that you feel is putting children at danger call the police.
Latraille

Charleston, WV

#29 Aug 27, 2013
Trying to Understand wrote:
What is the issue you are trying to correct? What have you seen that they will not respond to? It is very hard to understand your concern with such veiled and subtle references to abuse or neglect. CPS has people who are trained to receive and analyze every call and all are noted and reviewed by a supervisor as I understand.......if situations are conceived to be an immediate danger to the life or welfare of children someone is sent out very quickly to investigate.....if it is of lesser concern they do followup visits and interviews to ascertain is abuse is taking place. That said, CPS is not a police force...they are social workers trained to help in a community and they work in conjunction with police, DA, the Court, and other lawyers to try to help people and families.........if you see abuse that you feel is putting children at danger call the police.
You are just talking in circle ,it is the CPS job to protect children not go to ppls homes and tell them who called because they are friends with the ppl the complaint was made on.I also have had this done to me by the Great SC CPS.Do your job instead of sitting around worrying about what you are going to do.PPL do what I did and I got results, call Charleston report the SC office.See this person knows how the system works so they either work there or has some 1 who does.I have called and reported kids 4 and 5 yrs old in our alley out after dark by themselves while mommy and daddy is on their porch drunk.Oh wait that must be the polices problem.Get off your sorry asses and do your job.
Trying to Understand

Oak Hill, WV

#30 Aug 27, 2013
I see....you are just complaining and do not really want help for abused children.......now I understand.
Information Please

United States

#31 Aug 27, 2013
Sounds to me like you may work for the system. So please tell me how a city cop can say they are told Not to contact CPS on the weekends. And call after call after call and letter after letter is ignored. What next? Are they that blind to the surroundings?
Benny Bunny

Charleston, WV

#32 Aug 27, 2013
What are you talking about,Trying to Understand?That makes no sense what you said.I agree with you Information Please,I have called and called and called and never got a return call.The system is crooked but keep call Charleston and you will get something done.They do have ppl on call for evenings and weekends.I have a cousin who works in another county for CPS and she was the 1 that directed me to call Charleston.It is sad that Moms and Dads trade FS for pills while the kids go hungry.I am 100% for drug and alcohol testing all who gets any state assistance.
Anonymous

Bumpass, VA

#33 Aug 28, 2013
Ive found out that there is only one full fledged cps worker for Summers County. She isn't taking care of the children who need her protection, even at the request of State Police. She nitpicks the parents and guardians of the children who don't need the states help nor interference.
Trying to Understand

Oak Hill, WV

#34 Aug 28, 2013
Wha wha wha.....you people don't want to really help children....you just want to bash the only system available to you to help children because of some personal grudge......I understand now......and no I don't work in the system.....I do try to acquire knowledge of how systems work before sticking my nose into a conversation and suggesting ways to help.......I'll leave you to your piss ant whining and moaning now.......oh my god kids are playing after dark.....oh my god ethnic kids are riding bikes in an alley after dark.......I get it now.....you want kids taken and put in foster care who keep you up past 8 pm....lol.....I love Hinton!
Information Please

Lawrenceville, GA

#35 Aug 28, 2013
Trying to understand, you don't know! You have no right to say that. You don't know me I started this thread to Try to get some information, TO HELP! You don't know what I see and hear nor what I have done to try to help. I'm very unsure as to why you would think that I am trying to Bach anyone. It seems to me that you are the one doing the bashing. I have done this the right way and have followed the chain of command and I have sat back and watched this go on for years. You have no idea the time the tears th me prayer I have but into trying to help. Please take YOUR bashing to a difrent thread. Thank you
Information Please

Charleston, WV

#36 Aug 29, 2013
I know my job and yes I am good at it.You people have no idea what we go through so you need to shut your stupid mouths and listen to someone who knows.Call Charleston all you want because I have friends there and it wont help you.We stick together and this County can not do anything unless we want too.TO HELP! You people are a waste of clean air.
BigToe

Oak Hill, WV

#37 Aug 29, 2013
You might try calling Concord Social Work Dept. Also, call the cops on the non-emergency line and ask them what to do, or tell them what's going on that you know about.

“what it is, is what it is!”

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#38 Aug 29, 2013
Information Please wrote:
I know my job and yes I am good at it.You people have no idea what we go through so you need to shut your stupid mouths and listen to someone who knows.Call Charleston all you want because I have friends there and it wont help you.We stick together and this County can not do anything unless we want too.TO HELP! You people are a waste of clean air.
You are a total ass. Go back and get some communication skills. You definitely need some. Also need some customer service training if you work in the field.
lol

Oak Hill, WV

#39 Aug 29, 2013
Trying to Understand wrote:
Wha wha wha.....you people don't want to really help children....you just want to bash the only system available to you to help children because of some personal grudge......I understand now......and no I don't work in the system.....I do try to acquire knowledge of how systems work before sticking my nose into a conversation and suggesting ways to help.......I'll leave you to your piss ant whining and moaning now.......oh my god kids are playing after dark.....oh my god ethnic kids are riding bikes in an alley after dark.......I get it now.....you want kids taken and put in foster care who keep you up past 8 pm....lol.....I love Hinton!
I agree. No wonder most of the calls are ignored. Most people are'nt trying to bash the system. Most people have a grudge against the parent and just want to cause trouble. People in the system don't have the time to check out every "crazy call" they get. There are real abused children out there that need help and need to be saved! You don't call CPS because of children bugging you or doing something that you don't approve of. Children are in homes being beaten, sexually abused and starving to death while you sit here on your computer whining about stupid sh!t. By calling all the time trying to cause trouble for people you don't like you're taking up valuable time that could be used to help a child truly in need. You should be ashamed!
Anonymous

Bumpass, VA

#40 Aug 29, 2013
Information Please wrote:
I know my job and yes I am good at it.You people have no idea what we go through so you need to shut your stupid mouths and listen to someone who knows.Call Charleston all you want because I have friends there and it wont help you.We stick together and this County can not do anything unless we want too.TO HELP! You people are a waste of clean air.
. You know your job then why don't the cases that the state police hand you see any results? Why do we have to start this thread to find help? Does it have anything to do with your "friends" in the system that allow you to get comfortable fulfilling your vendettas rather than helping children who need you. As you say there is no where for us to turn because nothing gets done in this county without your approval. You are not good at your job you are a bully. You have just proven that with your statements here. These people have come here as a last resort for true help and all you can do is show how you are ruled by your emotions and I do believe that is not in your job criteria. You seem to need more training on how to control your behavior. It's no wonder the people who really need help feel so helpless having to deal with you. If your job is to hard for you I believe it is time for you to retire. I also believe that topix isn't part of your criteria either, but I guess you can play all day on here during work hours when you feel safe in your position because of all your friends. I guarantee that one day one person will get ahold of that one person that sees through you or that you have bullied. As it stands right now a chimp could do your job because he isn't ruled by his emotions. Do your job correctly and maybe this town will start to have faith again!!!!!!
Trying to Understand

Oak Hill, WV

#41 Aug 29, 2013
lol.... is another poster....not me.....although I agree with most of what lol said it is not my post if I am who you think you are responding to.
Information Please

United States

#42 Aug 29, 2013
I did not post the last comment that is using the name Information Please. And I honestly started this to get Information
Anonymous

Bumpass, VA

#43 Aug 30, 2013
Russell Friedley (not sure of the spelling) is the supervisor for Summers County CPS as well as other counties. If you have already talked to him you can ask to speak to a CNS Supervisor. Hope this helps some!!!
1 post removed
wondering

Rupert, WV

#45 Aug 30, 2013
CharismaLuna wrote:
Ive found out that there is only one full fledged cps worker for Summers County. She isn't taking care of the children who need her protection, even at the request of State Police. She nitpicks the parents and guardians of the children who don't need the states help nor interference.
Is her name mary treese?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change A Word Game (Jul '11) 3 hr SWAMP WITCH 2,913
*Chane 1 Letter* (Nov '12) 3 hr SWAMP WITCH 1,502
Jennifer homewrecker 3 hr Laughingatu 13
last letter first (Sep '13) 3 hr SWAMP WITCH 1,025
Change one letter.... (Oct '08) 4 hr SWAMP WITCH 2,355
Tiffany Gill Drama Queen 21 hr fed up 2
nurses fired from summers arh Fri Meredithgrey 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hinton Mortgages