Bull Falls,War Ford,Lower End Crumps Bottom

Posted in the Hinton Forum

Since: Jan 10

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2010
1-Bull Falls,2 War Ford,3 Neeley Farm, And Steer Island.I Knew Some Folks That Were Picknicking At Bull Falls And This Womans Husband Was Drinking,And He Drowned In The Falls
well

Beckley, WV

#2 Aug 25, 2010
this is sad to see history just disappear like this its truly sad.
hmmm

San Diego, CA

#3 Aug 31, 2010
did you grow up around bull falls or crumps bottom, and if you know any history about that area can you let me know atleast who may own those cornfields down there by bull falls park
Tommy Lilly

United States

#4 Sep 4, 2010
The Army Corps of Engineers,Owns Every Thing Behind the Dam All The Way To The Virginia State Line,It Is Managed By The W V DNR.They Lease The Fields To People That Want To Farm Them.Wasn't born On The River But I Was On Those Bottoms While People Still Lived There,Before They Were Run Off.
MIKE MAJOR - NEELY

Princeton, WV

#5 Aug 7, 2012
TOMMY LILLY wrote:
1-Bull Falls,2 War Ford,3 Neeley Farm, And Steer Island.I Knew Some Folks That Were Picknicking At Bull Falls And This Womans Husband Was Drinking,And He Drowned In The Falls
THIS IS AN OLD PHOTO OF THE AREA. HOW DID YOU COME BY IT? hOW DO YOU KNOW THE FARM DEPICTED BELONGED TO A NEELY. i'VE BEEN RESEARCHING THE NEELYS FOR SOME YEARS AND NEED TO KNOW WHERE YOUR INFO CAME FROM.
MUCH THANKS,
MIKE
Daryl Lynn Keatley

Princeton, WV

#6 Oct 18, 2012
MIKE MAJOR - NEELY wrote:
<quoted text>
THIS IS AN OLD PHOTO OF THE AREA. HOW DID YOU COME BY IT? hOW DO YOU KNOW THE FARM DEPICTED BELONGED TO A NEELY. i'VE BEEN RESEARCHING THE NEELYS FOR SOME YEARS AND NEED TO KNOW WHERE YOUR INFO CAME FROM.
MUCH THANKS,
MIKE
I'm with Mike. Where did you get info? My family settled at the mouth of Indian Creek & New River. They owned much of Tower Hill. There is still a Keatley cemetery on that hill ....(the hill to the right and up of where Neely's farm is marked). There was a Village called Junta there @ 1919-1940 they tore it down when the damn was built. I have a family will that talks about the Neelys Mike. catkeatley@ suddenlink.net . Thanks!
MIKE MAJOR-NEELY

Bluefield, WV

#7 Nov 28, 2012
I would love to see that will. If not the original, a copy or a transscript of it.
Kevin Buchanan

Hephzibah, GA

#8 Aug 29, 2013
I read your comment of the ones picknicking at bull falls. If I could I would like to know the name of that famely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 hr JamieWV 58,217
Thrift store with outrageous prices 4 hr carrie 10
Mrs. Toller divorcing her ole man then remarryi... 6 hr Mike 3
last letter first (Sep '13) 10 hr texas pete 296
Change one letter.... (Oct '08) 11 hr Doug77 1,267
what happened to josh oneal? 13 hr Concerned 7
New thieves in Jumping Branch 14 hr Community watch 4
•••
•••
•••

Hinton Jobs

•••
•••