JLo

Charleston, WV

#1 Jan 29, 2014
Wood Peckers causing damage to my home and trees. Any ideas for treating this problem, I'm open.
Brookie

Beckley, WV

#2 Jan 29, 2014
I know this sounds a bit crazy but I had this problem a while back and looked online and found advice....it was to make a cardboard cutout of a hawk......paint it black with spray paint and hang it by a string so the wind moves it around.....hang it in the area the damage is being done......the woodpeckers do not like the site of a hawk and this looks like the silhouette or shadow of a hawk....good luck.
well

Washington, DC

#3 Jan 29, 2014
Brookie wrote:
I know this sounds a bit crazy but I had this problem a while back and looked online and found advice....it was to make a cardboard cutout of a hawk......paint it black with spray paint and hang it by a string so the wind moves it around.....hang it in the area the damage is being done......the woodpeckers do not like the site of a hawk and this looks like the silhouette or shadow of a hawk....good luck.
Brookie did you post a house for rent on the hill above Sandstone a while back?
Brookie

Beckley, WV

#4 Jan 29, 2014
No I did not post an ad for a rental but I know the guy who did.....and I posted something about the location once.
well

Washington, DC

#5 Jan 30, 2014
Brookie wrote:
No I did not post an ad for a rental but I know the guy who did.....and I posted something about the location once.
Ok , I was checking to see if it was still available or how to contact the owner
Brookie

Beckley, WV

#6 Jan 30, 2014
Your best bet would be to go back and find the original ad.....I think someone posted it from craigslist......I have not been in touch with the landlord for a great while.....not sure I even have a current phone number for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's play all over - Follow the "WORD":) (Mar '10) 50 min Analog man 583
Lets play "follow the word" (Dec '10) 52 min Analog man 543
Let's play follow the word (Oct '08) 52 min Analog man 2,961
word game (Feb '12) 54 min Analog man 679
*Chane 1 Letter* (Nov '12) 57 min Analog man 1,423
Change A Word Game (Jul '11) 1 hr Analog man 2,805
Change one letter.... (Oct '08) 1 hr Analog man 2,260
More from around the web

Hinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE