Olsen Murder Patricia Olsen appears i...

Olsen Murder Patricia Olsen appears in court for the first time...

There are 86 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jun 10, 2008, titled Olsen Murder Patricia Olsen appears in court for the first time.... In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

The family of Neil Olsen is seeking more than $1.5 million from Patricia Olsen, who is serving a life sentence without the possibility for parole for persuading her son to kill her husband in an attempt to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
eaglereader

Easthampton, MA

#1 Jun 10, 2008
Let her do chain gang duties in prison to earn some of the money, rather then sit on her butt and eat commissary all day.
She destroyed and manipulated one of the nicest families around, and it looks like shes still doing it.
derry

Glens Falls, NY

#2 Jun 10, 2008
I remember her up at Berry Pond, she would bring her two children up there and would take goldfish out of the pond, back then she was a good looking girl, guys woud say, where is the husband, and now,all for greed and stupidity,families and lives have been ruined, this is a said story,we need to help and love one another, not hurt.

“Just me being me”

Since: Apr 08

The beautiful Berkshires

#3 Jun 10, 2008
derry wrote:
I remember her up at Berry Pond, she would bring her two children up there and would take goldfish out of the pond, back then she was a good looking girl, guys woud say, where is the husband, and now,all for greed and stupidity,families and lives have been ruined, this is a said story,we need to help and love one another, not hurt.
Amen!
Wow

Greenfield, MA

#5 Jun 10, 2008
You must not have any correct knowledge of what went down in that family prior to Neil's death. His step son was a drug addict criminal. Neil was helping the 15 yr old girl that his step son got pregnant. His step son was a complete loser. His wife as well. She was squandering his money and not paying their bills. Neil trusted her. He was a wonderful man. If she didnt like the way she was treated by Neil, she should have left. He wasnt a crazed lunatic. He would not have bothered her. She wouldnt leave because she wanted his hard earned money. She filed a sexual harrassment suit at her previous job to get money from that business. All of this aside, WHAT KIND OF LOVING MOTHER GETS HER SON TO KILL HER HUSBAND!! SHE PUT HER SON IN JAIL FOR A LONG TIME AND THEN TRIED TO SAVE HERSELF AFTER THROWING HIM TO THE WOLVES. MOTHER OF THE YEAR? I THINK NOT!
Unreal

Albany, NY

#6 Jun 10, 2008
You are an absolute fool. Get off these blogs.
Unreal

Albany, NY

#8 Jun 10, 2008
You are digging your foolish hole deeper and deeper.
Sara

Queensbury, NY

#10 Jun 10, 2008
At least when she was asked if she had any questions she didnt ask more questions. I guess even horrible people sometimes do the right thing.
Nancy Pelosi

Syracuse, NY

#11 Jun 10, 2008
Unreal wrote:
You are digging your foolish hole deeper and deeper.
Who are U ?
Worried

Oceanside, NY

#13 Jun 10, 2008
Porn star wrote:
<quoted text>
He's probablly some small town woman beater. If you don't like my opinion then don't read it! And what hole are you talking about? Is that a threat? Obviously something came out in trial. I wonder why the son may get parole in fifteen? What they did was wrong. But, you don't know what goes on behind closed doors so with out fact its all just speculation
I agree with you. there is a lot more to this story. There was some definite abuse going on there.
Vassar Clements

Newington, CT

#14 Jun 10, 2008
Porn star wrote:
<quoted text>
But, you don't know what goes on behind closed doors so with out fact its all just speculation
Something you're more than willing to engage in.

Since: May 08

United States

#16 Jun 10, 2008
This just in: There may be 2 sides to every story, but there's only 1 dead guy.
Porn star

United States

#17 Jun 10, 2008
Vassar Clements wrote:
<quoted text>
Something you're more than willing to engage in.


Read my comments again slower this time dummy.

Since: May 08

United States

#18 Jun 10, 2008
Porn star wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my comments again slower this time dummy.
This just in: You've been censored by The Man. Dummy.
Vassar Clements

Newington, CT

#19 Jun 10, 2008
Porn star wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my comments again slower this time dummy.
Well, they've been removed. But, if I remember correctly, you were upset that people were making assertions without a factual basis (i.e. no one knows what happens behind closed doors). You then made an assertion without a factual basis. Idiot.
Vassar Clements

Newington, CT

#22 Jun 10, 2008
Unreal wrote:
You must be about 14. Did a Lanesboro cop pour out your quart bottle of Genessee?
Me?
Porn star

United States

#23 Jun 10, 2008
Vassar Clements wrote:
<quoted text>
Me?
Yeah, he's talking to you. Do you even know what you write? You're such a stupid idiot!
Vassar Clements

Newington, CT

#24 Jun 10, 2008
Porn star wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, he's talking to you. Do you even know what you write? You're such a stupid idiot!
Ok, stupid, tell me how I was wrong about your posts?
Unreal

Albany, NY

#25 Jun 10, 2008
Nah, I was talking to "Pornstar". Has to be a kid.
Understand This

AOL

#26 Jun 10, 2008
Let's look at things from a different perspective. Chris is a compulsive liar. How do I know this? He lived in my home for about a month until four days before the murder when he suddenly moved out. Now when I first met him he told me that he was born in Ireland and was about to be initiated into the Black Irish when his family moved to the U.S. at the time he said this took place when he was eight years old.So I knew that to be the first of many lies.He did state that he was going to kill his step-father for his mother. I gave a statement to the D.A's office on that matter. At the time I did not believe him because of all of his lies and just told him to shut up and stop telling stories. He went so far as to go shopping for a new car and jewelry for his girlfriend saying he would be getting paid shortly. He did say a couple times that his mother had called and said the step-father had abused Chris's daughter and at that time I told him it sounded like his mother was just trying to wind him up for some reason and to ignore her. In hindsight I probably should have gone to the cops about the things he was saying but as I said he was constantly lying. I found out differently when I turned on the news the next day and saw what happened. My sympathies go out to his step-father's family and friends. May Chris's mother die in jail which is right where she belongs.

“Just me being me”

Since: Apr 08

The beautiful Berkshires

#27 Jun 10, 2008
Understand This wrote:
Let's look at things from a different perspective. Chris is a compulsive liar. How do I know this? He lived in my home for about a month until four days before the murder when he suddenly moved out. Now when I first met him he told me that he was born in Ireland and was about to be initiated into the Black Irish when his family moved to the U.S. at the time he said this took place when he was eight years old.So I knew that to be the first of many lies.He did state that he was going to kill his step-father for his mother. I gave a statement to the D.A's office on that matter. At the time I did not believe him because of all of his lies and just told him to shut up and stop telling stories. He went so far as to go shopping for a new car and jewelry for his girlfriend saying he would be getting paid shortly. He did say a couple times that his mother had called and said the step-father had abused Chris's daughter and at that time I told him it sounded like his mother was just trying to wind him up for some reason and to ignore her. In hindsight I probably should have gone to the cops about the things he was saying but as I said he was constantly lying. I found out differently when I turned on the news the next day and saw what happened. My sympathies go out to his step-father's family and friends. May Chris's mother die in jail which is right where she belongs.
Don't beat yourself up about it. It's just a matter of a boy who was crying wolf. He told lies on top of his lies and when he was finally telling the truth you couldn't believe him. How many of us have said, "Oh, I'm going to kill so and so"? And how many of us actually do it? I feel badly that you have to live with that, but how were you to know?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinsdale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Lantern: Lights out in 2 weeks 2 hr COLUMBO 4
News New Pittsfield Rallies Against Hate, RacismAugu... 13 hr Cops are Degenerates 3
News Sheriff denies allegations (Feb '10) 14 hr Cops are Degenerates 552
News Linda Tyer: Crime data attest to progress in Pi... 22 hr The Worlds Bigges... 19
Alan Chartock's Doctoral Thesis on 9/11 (Sep '11) 22 hr Tom Fontaine 21
Poll Praxis33 posting like a dooshbag on Planet Valenti (Aug '15) Fri Cheeto 4
Poll Jay: Why is America fomenting troubles in Ukraine? (May '14) Fri Tom Fontaine 12

Hinsdale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hinsdale Mortgages