the we dont have of hinesville

the we dont have of hinesville

Posted in the Hinesville Forum

louie

Hinesville, GA

#1 Feb 21, 2008
WE DONT HAVE A MALL, WE DONT HAVE A BOWLING ALLEY, WE DONT HAVE A SKATE BOARD PARK, WE DONT HAVE BUSES FOR TRANSPORTATION, WE HAVE SUPER HIGH TAXES AND I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY USE IT FOR BECAUSE THERE IS NOTHING HERE. HINESVILLE IS NOTHING BUT A REAL GHOST TOWN. I FEEL SAD FOR THE SOLDIERS THAT ARE STATIONED HERE. NOTHING TO DO FOR THEIR FAMILIES, THIS IS THE ONLY U.S MILITARY WORLD WIDE INSTALLATION THAT THE SOLDIERS SUFFERS BECAUSE THERE ARE NO ACTIVITIES FOR THE SOLDIERS AND FAMILIES TO DO, AND I MEAN NOTHING. HINESVILLE IS A SORRY TOWN VERY SORRY., BUT WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL THE YEAR 3008 TO MAYBE SEE SOME PROGRESS HERE . I DONT KNOW AND HAVE NO CLUE AS WHY HINESVILLE, GEORGIA IS NOT PROGRESING LIKE THE OTHER CITIES, I SURE DONT KNOW AND PROBABLY WE WILL NEVER WILL. AND DONT GET ME WRONG THE AREA IS VERY PRETTY BUT THE PEOPLE HERE HAVE THE MENTALLITY OF 1970s. it is very sad for the families here, very sad. THIS IS THE YEAR OF 2008, WAKE UP HINESVILLE, WAKE UP.
visiting

Hinesville, GA

#2 May 13, 2009
what was so terrible about the 1970s?? i don't get it. anyway, lots of places don't have any of those things. and speaking from experience, hinesville has a lot more going on around it than many other military towns. at least it's close to richmond hill and savannah.
Things to do

Hinesville, GA

#3 May 15, 2009
1) There are several mini malls and two larger malls 30 miles away.
2) there are two bowling alleys on post. I go there a lot and have never had to show my ID.
3) Noone will prob. put a skate board park in, because of insurance liabilities.
4) The taxis go where the buses would not or didn't. There used to be buses in this town, if I"m not mistaken.
5) Not a ghost town. Lots of things to do. Just have to look and find it.
6) There is lots to do with families. Most Army Posts are not in large cities. Ft. Leonardwood is in the middle of no where, as well as Ft. Irwin in Cali...also Ft. Drum is in an area without a lot around it. There is more here in Hinesville than most other places.
7) CYS has a list of sports that children can partake in. Also the YMCA is in Hinesville and they are always doing things with families. There is a movie theatre, biking trails, walking trails..the pools and splash park will open soon. There is two bowling alleys on post and a movie theatre on post also. There is always a list of things to do in the Frontline, which comes out every Thursday.
8) In essence, you have to look for things to do. It's not going to walk right into your house and knock on your door!
Just a Soldier

Fort Stewart, GA

#4 May 18, 2009
I don't care for Hinesville as much as Killen, but if you think there isn't anything here go check out Radcliff/Ft Knox, Ky
ArmyWife

Savannah, GA

#5 May 18, 2009
Thingstodo, what about the folks that live in Hinesville that aren't military? They can't just get on post (unless they know someone) to do those things. Before we came here, we were stationed at Redstone Arsenal, AL, which is an absolutely tiny installation...but the surrounding city embraced the military presence and was thriving. Hinesville could do the same if they really wanted. With taxes being so high and the sheer amount of soldiers in the vicinity who are spending time and money here, they should have more than enough revenue to make this a place that people want to live!
partner31313

Hinesville, GA

#6 May 27, 2009
ArmyWife wrote:
Thingstodo, what about the folks that live in Hinesville that aren't military? They can't just get on post (unless they know someone) to do those things. Before we came here, we were stationed at Redstone Arsenal, AL, which is an absolutely tiny installation...but the surrounding city embraced the military presence and was thriving. Hinesville could do the same if they really wanted. With taxes being so high and the sheer amount of soldiers in the vicinity who are spending time and money here, they should have more than enough revenue to make this a place that people want to live!
----------
Actually, civilians can enter the base unaccompanied as long as they show a government issued ID, such as a state drivers license. My civilian friends meet me on base often.
XXXXX

Hinesville, GA

#7 Oct 18, 2009
We have abandoned houses in Hinesville.
Tim

United States

#8 Oct 18, 2009
Hinesville is the place to be lots of warm Southern Charm,no crime,friendly people let me take another hit -man this is some good shit I m
bizzin now oh yeall boy

Since: Nov 09

United States

#9 Nov 7, 2009
XXXXX wrote:
We have abandoned houses in Hinesville.
There are abandoned houses popping up everywhere. It's sad, but until the economy gets better anywhere we will see more of it.
DAPPERDAN

Fort Stewart, GA

#10 Jan 3, 2010
For all of you people that dislike Hinesville so much get the hell out. Go home to wherever you are from.
MirandaW

Clarkston, MI

#11 Apr 23, 2010
honestly,I was born and raised here and grew up hearing how bad this place is. Yeah it doesn't have HUGE TOURIST attractions and big malls to spend all the money you complain about spending on taxes. This is a homey southern town. I just recently married a soldier stationed here and we plan on staying unless he gets restationed. It's home to us. We never had problems here and everyone knows everyone. There is easy access to post, you don't have to know someone, get a pass and stop being lazy. 45 min drive to Sav and its even more beautiful and lots of stuff to do. I will raise my kids here and be proud of where I grew up. And as for Hinesville not PROGRESSING...take a look now. they are doing the best they can with what we got, if we were over buidling they be complaining how we knock town too many damn trees! It's not Atlanta or California, if thats what you wan then peace out! Hinesville has come along way.Life is what you make it, if you're so bored, maybe its just YOU=) I love my litte ole town!
NewEnglander

Hinesville, GA

#12 Apr 29, 2010
Hinesville isn't bad at all, theres a movie theatre, fort stewart has 2 bowling alleys, you have a Y there IS a skate park, savannah is only 1hr away, not too far for a day. Its not a city I dont know what people expect
PV2 Me

Hinesville, GA

#13 May 1, 2011
01 The fact that u have 2 drive all way 2 savannah 2 get 2 a mall should tell u how bad hinesville is... & to b satisfied with these sorry excuses 4 mini malls tells me youre either from here or a shit hole town just like it...
02 bowling alleys on ft stewart doesnt count as things 2 do in hinesville, the base is its own entity
03-
04 no comment, y would u rather pay $10+ 4 a taxi over $2 or $3 4 the bus... that adds up
05 its not a ghost town, i agree with u on that... but its very under developed, poor even... there is nothing remotely appealing about this place... only quality time spent away from hinesville could really justify how bad this place is
06 im here solo, so i cant speak on teh family activities... but as far as base comparisons go, ft stewart is a FAIL... ill admit taht ive only been 2 benning & sam houson, but both of them were bigger, cleaner, & more conveniently placed
07 from a city boys point of view, every thing u just said went in 1 ear & out hte other... walks, bike rides, fishing, etc... but agin, ill admit thats me being bias... but the movie theater smh is a discrace fails in cleanliness, serviece, spaceing, concessions, the fact
08 u maybe right on that... but that doesnt make it right... especially since its the town ft stewart is in...
Thomas Edwards

United States

#14 May 2, 2011
Hinesville is listed among the worst places to live in the U.S. along with Memphis, Birmingham, Detroit, Granite City, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do some Ft. Stewart Sargeants act like t... (Aug '09) Jul 20 Justaguy 77
Hinesville police hates the military and their ... Jul 5 ETK 2
News Chamber honors YALL graduates Jun '17 Anonymous 1
News Former members allege church is a cult Jun '17 Beautiful 2
I'm Baaaaaack Jun '17 Cecil Nobles 1
Is Your Child A Talented Soccer Player? Jun '17 SoccerTalent 1
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) May '17 Stacy in Texas 142

Hinesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance