Hinesville Road Remains Closed Due to Low Visibility from Fire

There are 3 comments on the WSAV story from Jul 4, 2011, titled Hinesville Road Remains Closed Due to Low Visibility from Fire. In it, WSAV reports that:

A wildfire in Hinesville has forced officials to shut down a major roadway. Hinesville Fire Fire Chief Lamar Cook said Monday night that Highway 196 will remain closed overnight from Live Oak Church Road to Airport Road due to heavy smoke.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSAV.

Lewis T

Port Orange, FL

#1 Jul 5, 2011
My house is off of Airport Road. I'm currently in Daytona. Can anyone tell me if has crossed 196 yet?
Hinesville resident

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jul 5, 2011
Lewis T wrote:
My house is off of Airport Road. I'm currently in Daytona. Can anyone tell me if has crossed 196 yet?
As of 7/511 @ 8:25am, HWY 196 is only open to just past Family Dollar (headed towards Airport Rd) and Live Oak Rd. The smoke is VERY heavy, and there is visible ash falling.
Dave

Hinesville, GA

#3 Jul 5, 2011
@LewisT - so far its contained to the woods between Taylors Creek school and Happy Acres and they say no structures are threatened. Forestry folks are working the woods and the fire department is working the woodline to keep it from reaching the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Long County School System May 21 itssad 1
Can a police officer get fired for sleeping wit... (Jul '11) May 20 REDNECK 26
Wilkerson road May 20 REDNECK 3
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) May 16 Dena Kay Farrand 98
gnats May 16 rufus 1
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) May 6 Poke 247
Does it matter? Apr 29 Need to know 1
More from around the web

Hinesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE