Cheryl

Hooksett, NH

#1 Feb 2, 2014
I am looking for information on the Orlando Motel. In the mid 1960's my Father and Uncle made an attempt to buy the motel but it fell through. My family spent some time there and we would like to know what became of it and see any pictures of it then and now. Thanks
resident

Rincon, GA

#2 Feb 2, 2014
Cheryl wrote:
I am looking for information on the Orlando Motel. In the mid 1960's my Father and Uncle made an attempt to buy the motel but it fell through. My family spent some time there and we would like to know what became of it and see any pictures of it then and now. Thanks
When I-95 opened, most of the motels on hwy. 301, and other routes connecting Fla. from the northern states closed . Business dried up for all the motels, gas stations, tourist sites, etc, when the traffic rerouted. The Orlando was eventually torn down, although I can't remember the year. It might have been in the mid-80's. There is a trailer park on the property now.
Cheryl

Allston, MA

#3 Feb 3, 2014
resident wrote:
<quoted text>
When I-95 opened, most of the motels on hwy. 301, and other routes connecting Fla. from the northern states closed . Business dried up for all the motels, gas stations, tourist sites, etc, when the traffic rerouted. The Orlando was eventually torn down, although I can't remember the year. It might have been in the mid-80's. There is a trailer park on the property now.
Thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I was thinking that it didn't exist any more. My Father said that I-95 probably took all the business away. At the time they thought that Florida was going to be big for vacationers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for male CKC German Shepherd to breed w... Dec 10 redheadredneck1990 1
Zaxyby's Dec 9 Curious 1
STC Names Semi-Finalists in Student Competition Dec 3 Bob Jenkins 1
Best internet provider Nov '14 JessicAb 1
Missing dog Nov '14 Josh Roberson 2
About 200 Fort Stewart soldiers heading to Afgh... Oct '14 Gro 1
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Oct '14 joey88 91
Hinesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web