OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19174 Jul 21, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
She is doing what her boss tells her to do. Go sell the AHCA by any means necessary. Lying and distortion bothers no one in this Administration.
This whole Administration are a bunch if liars and crooks. I hope Eygpt burns Obama's a$$ for funding the Muslim Brotherhood with our tax dollars. I believe Obama is a muslim now. I believe he hates Americans. He should be removed from office and put in Federal Prison.(IMO)
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19175 Jul 21, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I have also been keeping an eye on him. I do think that he showboats sometimes but that is o.k. with me. He is extremely intelligent and seems to have very good common sense. He seems almost to good to be true. Knowing what I know of him right now I would consider voting for him.
I think Trey Gowdy should get prosecute Obama and Holder, when evidence is made available by Eygpt. That they stole American tax dollars to fund the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist plan to destoy Israel. I believe Obama is a Muslim Terrorist and is trying to destroy America for his Islamic brothers. I could post link after link proving this, but what's the use.
Why

Baldwin, GA

#19176 Jul 21, 2013
formerresident wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant post. I have never been to detroit, but I will bet that there are two issues that have led to bankruptcy= 1. somebody has been stealing money under the table, somewhere, somehow, someway and 2. They are flowing water down the drain, somewhere, somehow and someway.
I guess the corporate execs will need to fly to washington again with tin cups and ask for another handout, because they are too big to fail.
One more guess, what kind of tax breaks did those car companies get to stay in Detroit?

Don't know about tax breaks, but the bailout topped over "the feds in 2009 were handing out fistfuls of cash to bolster the auto industry, beyond the $64 billion used to bail out GM and Chrysler. Treasury staked another $18.7 billion on rescuing the companies auto lending affiliates (it still owns 74% of Ally, formerly known as GMAC). And the Energy Department doled out billions more to Ford and others to preserve auto-making jobs in the U.S. while steering the industry toward cleaner vehicles."

In addition Ford borrowed $6 billion, to be paid by the year 2022.

What's a few billion when the Fed Reserve is printing out over $1 trillion every year for the time Obama has been in office.

Next up is Quad Trillion as long as paper is in supply. I heard there is getting to be a shortage of paper in Obama's admin.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19177 Jul 21, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your not just an American. You are a informed American that cares about his country.
Thanks Dave.
Why

Baldwin, GA

#19178 Jul 21, 2013
formerresident wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant post. I have never been to detroit, but I will bet that there are two issues that have led to bankruptcy= 1. somebody has been stealing money under the table, somewhere, somehow, someway and 2. They are flowing water down the drain, somewhere, somehow and someway.
I guess the corporate execs will need to fly to washington again with tin cups and ask for another handout, because they are too big to fail.
One more guess, what kind of tax breaks did those car companies get to stay in Detroit?

As of April 2013:
"For instance, budget details put out by the Treasury Department indicate a move to increase and make permanent a research and experimentation tax credit set to expire at the end of this year.

As recently as earlier today, William Smith, an official with Detroit-based American Axle & Manufacturing, was telling a congressional subcommittee that research and development incentives needed to be made permanent to allow U.S. automakers and suppliers to adequately plan for the future.

It comes with a big price tag, however:$99-billion in lost tax revenues over the next decade, according to Treasury charts."
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19179 Jul 21, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, why would you say that I am a moron?
I don't think you're a moron dude. Why don't you call our current Generals and demand they rise up against this repression and destruction of the South?
Why

Baldwin, GA

#19180 Jul 21, 2013
And then there was the Federal tax credit of $10 k per electric car costing the treasury Billions upon Billions.

Hey, money grows on trees, just as Obamie.

But the paper shortage is going to put a stop to it. Georgia Pacific is tired of selling paper to the gubmint fro pennies while the Feds turn it into Trillions.
Ga Pacific Said" why should we sell for pennies to the gubmint when we can sell to the public of more profit.

Yep, some private enterprise are slow on the uptake.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19181 Jul 21, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
No, we could, and most likely would, put the Panama Canal out of business. You need to warm up to the idea, even if it wasn't yours.
Jeb just knows that will be the end of his beloved mexicans entering this country ILLEGALLY and robbing us blind.
Why

Baldwin, GA

#19182 Jul 21, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I think Trey Gowdy should get prosecute Obama and Holder, when evidence is made available by Eygpt. That they stole American tax dollars to fund the Muslim Brotherhood terrorist plan to destoy Israel. I believe Obama is a Muslim Terrorist and is trying to destroy America for his Islamic brothers. I could post link after link proving this, but what's the use.

I can believe it; don't know if it's true, but also don't doubt it.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19183 Jul 21, 2013
Why wrote:
<quoted text>
I can believe it; don't know if it's true, but also don't doubt it.
It's clear his Faith and of his total disrespect for Christians, by his actions. I just never really looked. Why would anyone make jokes about the Bible or Christians in his position?

Why would anyone tell a Catholic University to cover the Symbols of Jesus before you'd come speak at their school? Most Christians I know respect other religions. Muslims only respect violence and death.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#19184 Jul 21, 2013
This has nothing to do with anything, but given the "bless your hearts" going on here lately, some might find this entertaining. And considering that I couldn't find anything on the radio except talk of the Trayvon Martin case driving home today, I just don't have the energy for anything heavy right now. Enjoy. Pardon the mild profanity, please.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/euzjO51pQvU...
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19185 Jul 21, 2013
Obama is a Dictator. He only cares for muslims and Illegal aliens. He wants to replace Americans with illegal aliens and convert them to Muslims. He thinks our reporters shouldn't even ask questions.
formerresident

Decatur, GA

#19186 Jul 21, 2013
Why wrote:
And then there was the Federal tax credit of $10 k per electric car costing the treasury Billions upon Billions.
Hey, money grows on trees, just as Obamie.
But the paper shortage is going to put a stop to it. Georgia Pacific is tired of selling paper to the gubmint fro pennies while the Feds turn it into Trillions.
Ga Pacific Said" why should we sell for pennies to the gubmint when we can sell to the public of more profit.
Yep, some private enterprise are slow on the uptake.
This is the piece that just boggles my mind. When we were in the great depression, FDR created NEW methods of funding the people out of the depression. It worked for awhile. We are too many for so much of this to work today, but why can't we the people create new ways to generate money. I know on a personal level, when I am short funds, I get creative and try to find money somewhere. Why are we so in debt, with no resources to fix that debt? The red flag that went off in my head about Obama, was when he began speaking about his personal student loans. The first task I would have done is get rid of debt. He just seems to add more debt. The old ways aren't working. We have to get out of debt. We have to make that the number one priority. Jobs are good, but you can survive if you don't have debt. You can rebuild. We are making it harder and harder to get out of this mess. I think it is a thinking problem.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19187 Jul 21, 2013
formerresident wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the piece that just boggles my mind. When we were in the great depression, FDR created NEW methods of funding the people out of the depression. It worked for awhile. We are too many for so much of this to work today, but why can't we the people create new ways to generate money. I know on a personal level, when I am short funds, I get creative and try to find money somewhere. Why are we so in debt, with no resources to fix that debt? The red flag that went off in my head about Obama, was when he began speaking about his personal student loans. The first task I would have done is get rid of debt. He just seems to add more debt. The old ways aren't working. We have to get out of debt. We have to make that the number one priority. Jobs are good, but you can survive if you don't have debt. You can rebuild. We are making it harder and harder to get out of this mess. I think it is a thinking problem.
I think he isn't interested in rebuilding. I think he wants to destroy America. That's just me though.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19188 Jul 21, 2013
Obama tells Christians to not protest about their children being raped, kidnapped, and eaten in Egypt by Morsi and the muslim brotherhood. Instead he tells them to "know their place" as "infidels".
http://frontpagemag.com/2013/raymond-ibrahim/...

While he does nothing as the muslims are killing Christians in the streets of Egypt today. Over 200,000 Christians have been forced to flee their homes since 2011. Obama is known to the Radical Muslims as "The Mahdi" or "Awaited One".
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/07/20/last-...
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#19189 Jul 21, 2013
Obama has abandoned Israel. He is stalling, giving Iran the time to develop it's nuclear capabilities. They have made statements that as soon as they are able to achieve nuclear power, they were going to wipe the jews off the face of the Earth. Israel knows that Obama doesn't care. They know they are on their own.
http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2013/0...

Even our former U.S. ambassador John Bolton says that Israel is in "great danger" should have attacked Iran "yesterday". I'm not a fan of war, but Israel must attack and it's OUR duty to defend them.
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/bolton-israe...
Why

Cleveland, GA

#19190 Jul 22, 2013
Why do people even work??

CBO report shows a smaller earned gross income produces more benefits than a higher earned gross income.

Example:
A single mom is better off with a $29K a year gross income job than a single mom with a $69k year gross income.

The $29k mom would qualify for government assistance that would give her a yearly total $57,327 in net income and benefits.

The $69k mom net income and benefits would be $57,045.

The $29k mom would work less hours.

So how sensible is this Libroid welfare system we live under.

Read the summary of the 2012 CBO report here.

http://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofil...
Why

Cleveland, GA

#19191 Jul 22, 2013
A fine example of how a news writer can put a pink rose on a pig to make it look better. The whole short story is a reflection of most of IO's posts.

Compare the first part of the story with the "findings" in the last part of the story and decide if this is a pig in a poke.

The NABE surveyed 65 of its member economists, out of 2,500 members, between June 18 and July 2.

Those 65 are most likely are Obama libroids.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_BUS...

Why

Cleveland, GA

#19192 Jul 22, 2013
Zimbabwe fine women $5 per episode for screaming during childbirth.

The Duchess, Prince Williams wife, will be fined $1 million per scream.

It's the new method of "Pay according to ability," courtesy of the U.N.

sounds reasonable to me.
Informed Opinion

United States

#19193 Jul 22, 2013
Extremely reading reading about the real world and how it works:

http://nyti.ms/13tc1jY

NYTimes: In Climbing Income Ladder, Location Matters

In Climbing Income Ladder, Location Matters

Last Updated: 12:00 AM ET
ATLANTA –

... Stacey Calvin spends almost as much time commuting to her job — on a bus, two trains and another bus — as she does working part-time at a day care center.

... Her nearly four-hour round-trip stems largely from the economic geography of Atlanta, which is one of America’s most affluent metropolitan areas yet also one of the most physically divided by income.

... This geography appears to play a major role in making Atlanta one of the metropolitan areas where it is most difficult for lower-income households to rise into the middle class and beyond, according to a new study that other researchers are calling the most detailed portrait yet of income mobility in the United States.

The study — based on millions of anonymous earnings records and being released this week by a team of top academic economists — is the first with enough data to compare upward mobility across metropolitan areas..

... Climbing the income ladder occurs less often in the Southeast and industrial Midwest, the data shows, with the odds notably low in Atlanta, Charlotte, Memphis, Raleigh, Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Columbus.

“Where you grow up matters,” said Nathaniel Hendren, a Harvard economist and one of the study’s authors.“There is tremendous variation across the U.S. in the extent to which kids can rise out of poverty.”

.. The gaps can be stark.
On average, fairly poor children in Seattle... do as well financially when they grow up as middle-class children — those who grew up at the 50th percentile — from Atlanta.

... Geography mattered much less for well-off children than for middle-class and poor children, according to the results.

... All else being equal, upward mobility tended to be higher in metropolitan areas where poor families were more dispersed among mixed-income neighborhoods.

.... upward-mobility rates was not primarily because of race. Both white and black residents of Atlanta have low upward mobility, for instance.

... a smaller percentage of people escape childhood poverty in the United States than in other rich countries, including Canada, Australia, France, Germany and Japan.

Among adults who grew up in the bottom half of the income distribution, only one out of 25 had family income of at least $100,000 by age 30.

... economists more confident that the characteristics of different regions — as opposed to something inherent and unchangeable in the local residents — are helping cause the varying mobility rates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) 9 hr Brennan2 245
Moving to Richmond Hill Mar 29 HappyasaClam 2
News Walthourville readies for police, new city hall (Apr '09) Mar 26 I Told You So 15
McDonalds in Ludowici (Apr '06) Mar 21 yup 15
Divorce in Bryan county Mar 20 SadAndScared 1
Can a police officer get fired for sleeping wit... (Jul '11) Mar 19 mback7990 21
Debate: Marijuana - Hinesville, GA (Sep '10) Mar 16 Jerry O'Neal 47
Hinesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hinesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]