Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Hinesville Forum

Comments (Page 884)

Showing posts 17,661 - 17,680 of47,680
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>sounds a lot like the old 'states rights' argument. States rights to do what? Why, to have slavery, of course. About the confederate flag, since it has been 'adopted' by every hate group(KKK, neo-Nazi, etc.), I believe that the only place it should be displayed is at civil war battle re-enactments and over the graves of confederate soldiers.
At the time, slavery was a right of the states, and legal, until well into the war. Funny though how the north bought Egyptian cotton at a lower cost than southern cotton, and the egyptian cotton was harvested by slave labor. Hypocrytical don't you think? Secession was not prohibited, in fact some states have that right to secession to this day in their charters, while the federal government does not prohibit it. I couldn't agree more with you on The Battle Flag of the CSA, even more so with regards to our nations current flag. it too, is often disgraced. Please understand, I do not condone slavery, but I do see several economic and political similarities today, that were common to the times back then.

One more thing, it wasn't until Reagan, that the south turned from devout democrat, to republican.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Everyone should contact their Senator and demand that this bill die in the House and enforcement be proven. Here's how.
https://www.numbersusa.com/solutions/stop-amn...
They will soon go on their August recess and Obama will try to push amnesty down our throats in their absense. Don't let our Rep. let that happen.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
At the time, slavery was a right of the states, and legal, until well into the war. Funny though how the north bought Egyptian cotton at a lower cost than southern cotton, and the egyptian cotton was harvested by slave labor. Hypocrytical don't you think? Secession was not prohibited, in fact some states have that right to secession to this day in their charters, while the federal government does not prohibit it. I couldn't agree more with you on The Battle Flag of the CSA, even more so with regards to our nations current flag. it too, is often disgraced. Please understand, I do not condone slavery, but I do see several economic and political similarities today, that were common to the times back then.
One more thing, it wasn't until Reagan, that the south turned from devout democrat, to republican.
You are right about the hypocrisy, there was plenty of that. Lincoln only freeing slaves in the south, for example. One of the greatest mysteries (to me) of that era was exactly how the southern aristocracy was able to convince the general population(the overwhelming majority of which did NOT own slaves) that it was in their best interest to go to war. I suspect that they must have used some combination of peer pressure and prejudice to convince them that they would slip in the 'pecking order', if the slaves were freed. One of the little known facts about that period is that hundreds of thousands of slaves actually volunteered to fight for the south, but the southern leaders would have none of it. Also, the South did finally(out of desperation-too little and much too late) start freeing some of the slaves. There is a chapter in the Bruce Catton book, Never Call Retreat(I think) called "His(almost) chosen people" It details how Gen. Lee was able to convince the confederate congress to offer slaves freedom, land and bounty in exchange for their service in the military. This was actually happening when the war ended. My only real interest in that period is the battles, strategies, and personalities involved

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

One of the great mysteries of today is how the aristocracy (political parties) is able to convince
the general population what is in their best interests, but the results never seem to benefit the general population, but are limited to special interest lobbies. History does repeat itself.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Here's what the ICE Council President had to say about the amnesty bill that is in the House. It's funny how Washington makes out like these people are so peaceful and are only here to work. Yeah right. They are criminals. Remember ICE is the only ones allowed to enforce any immigration laws. They know what's going on.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/201...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Election was split along racial lines
Black voted 93% for Obama
Asians voted 72% for Obama
Latinos voted 71% for Obama
Jews voted 69% for Obama
Whites voted 59% for Romney
Which means that 41% of Whites who voted voted for Obama. If the election where split along racial lines then the difference in the White vote would be greater.

Thanks for playing.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Just who is responsible for keeping the blacks where they are? They are still on the plantation doing the will of their Mastas, which is the U.S. Government. All that is required of them is to vote Democratic, and protest when asked to. If they do these simple little things the Masta will give them money, healthcare, food and housing. Not much different then when they were actually on a southern plantation. They had to pick cotton to earn those benefits.
If you ever get the chance watch the movie, "Run Away Slave", rent it or go see it. Blacks have been told not to watch it and they have done what the Masta wanted. They should have gone to see this movie just because the race pimps told them not to see it. These race pimps and the government want to keep the black population ignorant and under their control. If they would actually take the time to watch this documentary they would suddenly be enlightened and freed from the slave, plantation mentality that the government and the race pimps encourage. They would see that they are being used by the government and the race pimps for their own self serving interest.
Who could ever accuse you of being a racist, thank for explaining the behavior of "those people".
BS IS Called

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means that 41% of Whites who voted voted for Obama. If the election where split along racial lines then the difference in the White vote would be greater.
Thanks for playing.
I'll bet you are pretty good in a circle jerk.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What gives with you and the Confederate flag? Why do you have such disrespect for it and why do you call it a rag? Obviously you do not realize what actually started the War between the States. The Confederate Flag did not ask to be used and defiled by the KKK or any other group. It is just a Flag which symbolized the Southern States. You put more meaning into it then it deserves.
Seems like those that have used it for their own symbology since the end of the Civil War have attached the current meaning to it, turning it from a Flag to a Rag.

Thanks for playing.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Interesting post, but the south actually began the trend toward republicans BEFORE Reagan(you reps always give him too much credit). For example, Georgia and some other southern states voted for Goldwater in the 1964 election.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
...One more thing, it wasn't until Reagan, that the south turned from devout democrat, to republican.
With those Yankees snapping at your heels as you retreat from PA it's easy to understand your fractured history lesson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Strateg...
Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery before the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats stopped supporting the party following the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948 (triggering the Dixiecrats), the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation.

The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon and Republican Senator Barry Goldwater[6][7] in the late 1960s.[8] The strategy was successful in many regards. It contributed to the electoral realignment of Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than 90 percent of black voters to the Democratic Party. As the twentieth century came to a close, the Republican Party began trying to appeal again to black voters, though with little success.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan 's_Neshoba_County_Fair_%22stat es'_rights%22_speech
Ronald Reagan's "states' rights" speech given on August 3, 1980, was his first public address after the Republican National Convention officially chose him as the Republican nominee for the 1980 United States presidential election. The speech drew attention for his use of the phrase "states' rights" at the Neshoba County Fair, just a few miles from Philadelphia, Mississippi, a town associated with the 1964 murders of civil rights workers. Reagan said:

I believe in states' rights.... I believe we have distorted the balance of our government today by giving powers that were never intended to be given in the Constitution to that federal establishment.

He went on to promise to "restore to states and local governments the power that properly belongs to them."[1] The use of the phrase was seen by some as a tacit appeal to Southern white voters and a continuation of Richard Nixon's Southern Strategy, while others argued it merely reflected his libertarian economic beliefs.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

BS IS Called wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you are pretty good in a circle jerk.
You must be cruising for a date.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I am not accusing you of calling anyone a racist. As far as what party any particular "racist" belongs to or votes for, that is another story. Please, substantiate your statement that nearly all racists vote republican.
I can't really substantiate it because, as far as I know, no one has surveyed or polled that. My statement was based on my personal observations and opinion. But anyone who lives in the south and is honest with themselves knows that it is true.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
With those Yankees snapping at your heels as you retreat from PA it's easy to understand your fractured history lesson.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Strateg...
Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery before the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats stopped supporting the party following the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948 (triggering the Dixiecrats), the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation.
The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon and Republican Senator Barry Goldwater[6][7] in the late 1960s.[8] The strategy was successful in many regards. It contributed to the electoral realignment of Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than 90 percent of black voters to the Democratic Party. As the twentieth century came to a close, the Republican Party began trying to appeal again to black voters, though with little success.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan 's_Neshoba_County_Fair_%22stat es'_rights%22_speech
Ronald Reagan's "states' rights" speech given on August 3, 1980, was his first public address after the Republican National Convention officially chose him as the Republican nominee for the 1980 United States presidential election. The speech drew attention for his use of the phrase "states' rights" at the Neshoba County Fair, just a few miles from Philadelphia, Mississippi, a town associated with the 1964 murders of civil rights workers. Reagan said:
I believe in states' rights.... I believe we have distorted the balance of our government today by giving powers that were never intended to be given in the Constitution to that federal establishment.
He went on to promise to "restore to states and local governments the power that properly belongs to them."[1] The use of the phrase was seen by some as a tacit appeal to Southern white voters and a continuation of Richard Nixon's Southern Strategy, while others argued it merely reflected his libertarian economic beliefs.
great post, I reminded him about the 64 election- see above. They just love old Ronny.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>great post, I reminded him about the 64 election- see above. They just love old Ronny.
Yes, I saw that after I posted. Course the white republican southerner is in a losing demographic position.
OMTE

Fitzgerald, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

John Barrow a Conservative Democrat Rep. from Ga., along with the support of ICE, and other Rep., have written a bill that deals with the real problems of immigration, is being ignored. This bill called "Keeping the Promise of IRCA" is the most sensible approach at dealing with our illegal immigration that I've seen. I've tried several times to post this info only for it to be erased or links be corrupted. Here's a link that explains his approach to immigration reform.
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Io isn't the only poster to start changing his mind. The truth has become so obvious that anyone with any common sense is now seeing the truth. Those that still cling to their old beliefs are just ignorant or are in total denial.
People with common sense would have seen the truth some time ago. Why did it take so long to "now" see the truth?
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I saw that after I posted. Course the white republican southerner is in a losing demographic position.
I agree, but they do keep dreamin'!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>I am not claiming that you are or any of the other 'regulars' on here are overt racists, but would you deny that nearly all racists vote republican, why is that.
"but would you deny that nearly all racists vote republican, why is that?"

I added the question mark for you...

There are so many "available" responses to this post, but let's keep it simple:

Do you know and understand the definition of racism? It appears not. Can't black people be racist, too?

The vast majority of blacks are said to have voted for BO (90%+), so are you excluding them from your post? Oh, you mean WHITE racists, don't you?

If white people didn't vote for the black man because he's black (although I didn't vote for him because of his party, his ideas, his (lack of) plans, his lack of experience, etc.), isn't that the same thing as black people voting for the black man BECAUSE he's black?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2013

OMTE wrote:
This is a bill that all americans should get behind.
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/may-2...
+1 almost.

I don't think there's a need to wait 2 years to require the use of E-verify.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 17,661 - 17,680 of47,680
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hinesville Discussions

Search the Hinesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 20 hr Mason II 2,039
Decent crabbing spots? Jul 1 Amber 1
Klingbeil/Farley murder suicide 2006 (Mar '11) Jun 25 Toni 10
Debate: Marijuana - Hinesville, GA (Sep '10) Jun 22 weavinggoddess 46
Military should have to live on post (Oct '13) Jun 19 Too Dependent 6
Buckhead Jun 19 Probably 2
Ludowici reinstates police chief Jun 19 oh okay 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Hinesville Jobs

•••