jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#18583 Jul 18, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, most people have no idea on the various causes that led to the secession of the south. There were several issues at hand, and some of the more prevalent issues were economic in nature, especially with regards to the Egyptian cotton trade, and the industrial economy versus the agricultural economy.
sounds a lot like the old 'states rights' argument. States rights to do what? Why, to have slavery, of course. About the confederate flag, since it has been 'adopted' by every hate group(KKK, neo-Nazi, etc.), I believe that the only place it should be displayed is at civil war battle re-enactments and over the graves of confederate soldiers.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#18584 Jul 18, 2013
This is a bill that all americans should get behind.
https://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/may-2...

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

#18585 Jul 18, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>I am not claiming that you are or any of the other 'regulars' on here are overt racists, but would you deny that nearly all racists vote republican, why is that.
I am not accusing you of calling anyone a racist. As far as what party any particular "racist" belongs to or votes for, that is another story. Please, substantiate your statement that nearly all racists vote republican.
Why

Demorest, GA

#18586 Jul 18, 2013
OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, but he blocked state law enforcement from enforcing the law. So what you end up with is an empty threat. Illegal immgrants can purchase fake ID to get around E-verify. With no one to come around, enforcing the law, and questioning the ID's provided to employers, the illegals just laugh at HB 87. They walk around breaking the law in plain sight. They know the law can't touch them.

Maybe so, maybe not. Judge Thrash only blocked the below in quotes. The blocked part of the law prevent the police from picking up someone off the streets and asking for ID.
The e-verify part still stands.

"Judge Thomas Thrash blocked two key provisions of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Enforcement Act of 2011 (HB 87). What is now blocked (simplified version) is:

"One of those provisions would empower police to investigate the immigration status of suspects who they believe have committed state or federal crimes and who cannot produce identification, such as a driver’s license, or provide other information that could help police identify them. The other part would punish people who -– while committing another offense -- knowingly transport or harbor illegal immigrants or encourage them to come here."

Yes those two and they are big points of contention are blocked. The remainder of the law is still set to go in affect on Friday July 1. The ACLU is considering the block a victory, the Governors office considers it a disappointment and of course the ruling will be appealed."

BUT!!

"FAIR Legislative Update May 31, 2011
Supreme Court Upholds Arizona’s E-Verify Law."

The e-verify law works pretty darn good if used by employers. The question becomes does the Georgia law punish "employers who do not use the e-verify system" as Arizona does.
Arizona is allowed to pull an employers business license if they fail to use e-verify.

"Starting July 1, 2013, the final phase of the 2011 Georgia E-Verify law took effect, requiring private companies in Georgia with more than 10 employees to use E-Verify. In addition, starting July 1, 2013, the state of Georgia substantially expanded the E-Verify requirement within the realm of public contracting. Previously, only public contractors performing construction type services for the state of Georgia were required to use E-Verify. Going forward, any public contractor, including every tier of subcontractor, performing any kind of service for the state of Georgia, not just construction type services, must use E-Verify to do business with the state.

The new law is expected to have a major impact on Georgia businesses, not only for those in industries that have large populations of unskilled labor, such as agriculture, tourism, hospitality, restaurant, and construction, but also those smaller entities that provide professional services, such as IT and accounting/audit. "

"Illegal immigrants are not “undocumented.” They have fraudulent documents such as counterfeit Social Security cards, forged drivers licenses, fake “green cards,” and phony birth certificates. Experts suggest that approximately 75 percent of working-age illegal aliens use fraudulent Social Security cards to obtain employment.

Most (98 percent) Social Security number (SSN) thieves use their own names with stolen numbers. The federal E-Verify program, now mandated in only 14 states, can detect this fraud. Universal, mandatory use of E-Verify would curb this and stop virtually 100 percent of child identity theft.."
Why

Demorest, GA

#18587 Jul 18, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What gives with you and the Confederate flag? Why do you have such disrespect for it and why do you call it a rag? Obviously you do not realize what actually started the War between the States. The Confederate Flag did not ask to be used and defiled by the KKK or any other group. It is just a Flag which symbolized the Southern States. You put more meaning into it then it deserves.

Ignorance does NOT bypass Oh my.
Why

Demorest, GA

#18588 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
What most people refer to as The Confederate Flag, was never the Flag of The CSA. It was a battle flag used by several regiments of The CSA.

Again, ignorance did NOT bypass Oh my.

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

#18589 Jul 18, 2013
jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>sounds a lot like the old 'states rights' argument. States rights to do what? Why, to have slavery, of course. About the confederate flag, since it has been 'adopted' by every hate group(KKK, neo-Nazi, etc.), I believe that the only place it should be displayed is at civil war battle re-enactments and over the graves of confederate soldiers.
At the time, slavery was a right of the states, and legal, until well into the war. Funny though how the north bought Egyptian cotton at a lower cost than southern cotton, and the egyptian cotton was harvested by slave labor. Hypocrytical don't you think? Secession was not prohibited, in fact some states have that right to secession to this day in their charters, while the federal government does not prohibit it. I couldn't agree more with you on The Battle Flag of the CSA, even more so with regards to our nations current flag. it too, is often disgraced. Please understand, I do not condone slavery, but I do see several economic and political similarities today, that were common to the times back then.

One more thing, it wasn't until Reagan, that the south turned from devout democrat, to republican.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#18590 Jul 18, 2013
Everyone should contact their Senator and demand that this bill die in the House and enforcement be proven. Here's how.
https://www.numbersusa.com/solutions/stop-amn...
They will soon go on their August recess and Obama will try to push amnesty down our throats in their absense. Don't let our Rep. let that happen.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#18591 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
At the time, slavery was a right of the states, and legal, until well into the war. Funny though how the north bought Egyptian cotton at a lower cost than southern cotton, and the egyptian cotton was harvested by slave labor. Hypocrytical don't you think? Secession was not prohibited, in fact some states have that right to secession to this day in their charters, while the federal government does not prohibit it. I couldn't agree more with you on The Battle Flag of the CSA, even more so with regards to our nations current flag. it too, is often disgraced. Please understand, I do not condone slavery, but I do see several economic and political similarities today, that were common to the times back then.
One more thing, it wasn't until Reagan, that the south turned from devout democrat, to republican.
You are right about the hypocrisy, there was plenty of that. Lincoln only freeing slaves in the south, for example. One of the greatest mysteries (to me) of that era was exactly how the southern aristocracy was able to convince the general population(the overwhelming majority of which did NOT own slaves) that it was in their best interest to go to war. I suspect that they must have used some combination of peer pressure and prejudice to convince them that they would slip in the 'pecking order', if the slaves were freed. One of the little known facts about that period is that hundreds of thousands of slaves actually volunteered to fight for the south, but the southern leaders would have none of it. Also, the South did finally(out of desperation-too little and much too late) start freeing some of the slaves. There is a chapter in the Bruce Catton book, Never Call Retreat(I think) called "His(almost) chosen people" It details how Gen. Lee was able to convince the confederate congress to offer slaves freedom, land and bounty in exchange for their service in the military. This was actually happening when the war ended. My only real interest in that period is the battles, strategies, and personalities involved

“Marble Man”

Dallas, GA

#18592 Jul 18, 2013
One of the great mysteries of today is how the aristocracy (political parties) is able to convince
the general population what is in their best interests, but the results never seem to benefit the general population, but are limited to special interest lobbies. History does repeat itself.
OMTE

Moultrie, GA

#18593 Jul 18, 2013
Here's what the ICE Council President had to say about the amnesty bill that is in the House. It's funny how Washington makes out like these people are so peaceful and are only here to work. Yeah right. They are criminals. Remember ICE is the only ones allowed to enforce any immigration laws. They know what's going on.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/201...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#18594 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Election was split along racial lines
Black voted 93% for Obama
Asians voted 72% for Obama
Latinos voted 71% for Obama
Jews voted 69% for Obama
Whites voted 59% for Romney
Which means that 41% of Whites who voted voted for Obama. If the election where split along racial lines then the difference in the White vote would be greater.

Thanks for playing.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#18595 Jul 18, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Just who is responsible for keeping the blacks where they are? They are still on the plantation doing the will of their Mastas, which is the U.S. Government. All that is required of them is to vote Democratic, and protest when asked to. If they do these simple little things the Masta will give them money, healthcare, food and housing. Not much different then when they were actually on a southern plantation. They had to pick cotton to earn those benefits.
If you ever get the chance watch the movie, "Run Away Slave", rent it or go see it. Blacks have been told not to watch it and they have done what the Masta wanted. They should have gone to see this movie just because the race pimps told them not to see it. These race pimps and the government want to keep the black population ignorant and under their control. If they would actually take the time to watch this documentary they would suddenly be enlightened and freed from the slave, plantation mentality that the government and the race pimps encourage. They would see that they are being used by the government and the race pimps for their own self serving interest.
Who could ever accuse you of being a racist, thank for explaining the behavior of "those people".
BS IS Called

Dallas, TX

#18596 Jul 18, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means that 41% of Whites who voted voted for Obama. If the election where split along racial lines then the difference in the White vote would be greater.
Thanks for playing.
I'll bet you are pretty good in a circle jerk.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#18597 Jul 18, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What gives with you and the Confederate flag? Why do you have such disrespect for it and why do you call it a rag? Obviously you do not realize what actually started the War between the States. The Confederate Flag did not ask to be used and defiled by the KKK or any other group. It is just a Flag which symbolized the Southern States. You put more meaning into it then it deserves.
Seems like those that have used it for their own symbology since the end of the Civil War have attached the current meaning to it, turning it from a Flag to a Rag.

Thanks for playing.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#18598 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
Interesting post, but the south actually began the trend toward republicans BEFORE Reagan(you reps always give him too much credit). For example, Georgia and some other southern states voted for Goldwater in the 1964 election.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#18600 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
...One more thing, it wasn't until Reagan, that the south turned from devout democrat, to republican.
With those Yankees snapping at your heels as you retreat from PA it's easy to understand your fractured history lesson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Strateg...
Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery before the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats stopped supporting the party following the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948 (triggering the Dixiecrats), the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation.

The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon and Republican Senator Barry Goldwater[6][7] in the late 1960s.[8] The strategy was successful in many regards. It contributed to the electoral realignment of Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than 90 percent of black voters to the Democratic Party. As the twentieth century came to a close, the Republican Party began trying to appeal again to black voters, though with little success.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan 's_Neshoba_County_Fair_%22stat es'_rights%22_speech
Ronald Reagan's "states' rights" speech given on August 3, 1980, was his first public address after the Republican National Convention officially chose him as the Republican nominee for the 1980 United States presidential election. The speech drew attention for his use of the phrase "states' rights" at the Neshoba County Fair, just a few miles from Philadelphia, Mississippi, a town associated with the 1964 murders of civil rights workers. Reagan said:

“ I believe in states' rights.... I believe we have distorted the balance of our government today by giving powers that were never intended to be given in the Constitution to that federal establishment.”

He went on to promise to "restore to states and local governments the power that properly belongs to them."[1] The use of the phrase was seen by some as a tacit appeal to Southern white voters and a continuation of Richard Nixon's Southern Strategy, while others argued it merely reflected his libertarian economic beliefs.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#18601 Jul 18, 2013
BS IS Called wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you are pretty good in a circle jerk.
You must be cruising for a date.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#18602 Jul 18, 2013
<quoted text>
I am not accusing you of calling anyone a racist. As far as what party any particular "racist" belongs to or votes for, that is another story. Please, substantiate your statement that nearly all racists vote republican.
I can't really substantiate it because, as far as I know, no one has surveyed or polled that. My statement was based on my personal observations and opinion. But anyone who lives in the south and is honest with themselves knows that it is true.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#18603 Jul 18, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
With those Yankees snapping at your heels as you retreat from PA it's easy to understand your fractured history lesson.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Strateg...
Though the "Solid South" had been a longtime Democratic Party stronghold due to the Democratic Party's defense of slavery before the American Civil War and segregation for a century thereafter, many white Southern Democrats stopped supporting the party following the civil rights plank of the Democratic campaign in 1948 (triggering the Dixiecrats), the African-American Civil Rights Movement, the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and Voting Rights Act of 1965, and desegregation.
The strategy was first adopted under future Republican President Richard Nixon and Republican Senator Barry Goldwater[6][7] in the late 1960s.[8] The strategy was successful in many regards. It contributed to the electoral realignment of Southern states to the Republican Party, but at the expense of losing more than 90 percent of black voters to the Democratic Party. As the twentieth century came to a close, the Republican Party began trying to appeal again to black voters, though with little success.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan 's_Neshoba_County_Fair_%22stat es'_rights%22_speech
Ronald Reagan's "states' rights" speech given on August 3, 1980, was his first public address after the Republican National Convention officially chose him as the Republican nominee for the 1980 United States presidential election. The speech drew attention for his use of the phrase "states' rights" at the Neshoba County Fair, just a few miles from Philadelphia, Mississippi, a town associated with the 1964 murders of civil rights workers. Reagan said:
“ I believe in states' rights.... I believe we have distorted the balance of our government today by giving powers that were never intended to be given in the Constitution to that federal establishment.”
He went on to promise to "restore to states and local governments the power that properly belongs to them."[1] The use of the phrase was seen by some as a tacit appeal to Southern white voters and a continuation of Richard Nixon's Southern Strategy, while others argued it merely reflected his libertarian economic beliefs.
great post, I reminded him about the 64 election- see above. They just love old Ronny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for male CKC German Shepherd to breed w... Dec 10 redheadredneck1990 1
Zaxyby's Dec 9 Curious 1
STC Names Semi-Finalists in Student Competition Dec 3 Bob Jenkins 1
Best internet provider Nov '14 JessicAb 1
Missing dog Nov '14 Josh Roberson 2
About 200 Fort Stewart soldiers heading to Afgh... Oct '14 Gro 1
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Oct '14 joey88 91
Hinesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web