“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#17287 Jul 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the conjecture, is that young healthy people will shun health insurance and instead do without.
Course when I was a young healthy person I chose to have health insurnace, as did all of the other young healthy people I worked with, many of whom were married and just starting a family. And now, under Obamacare, you cannot be turned down for pre-existing conditions, nor is there a payment cap. So actually, the money you're paying in isn't going into some hole, but actually goes to pay for your future needs.
conjecture
Noun
An opinion or conclusion formed on the basis of incomplete information.
Verb
Form an opinion or supposition about (something) on the basis of incomplete information.
The young will just pay the "penalty".

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#17288 Jul 4, 2013
They (democrats) told us we had to do it. We had to rush through Obamacare; passing it to find out what was in it, as Nancy Pelosi told us. We had to do it and it could not wait because lives were depending on it. We needed to save lives and we needed to provide women access to birth control.

Now, we have to wait for it? But won't people die? That's what we were told.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/07/03/how-many-p...
danger zone

Covington, GA

#17289 Jul 4, 2013
Thoughtlessly written & rammed through congress...is right.

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/a/SB100014241278...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#17290 Jul 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Ah, but some of us are capable of reading facts, processing them and then using them to form our opinions - which we can then share on public forums.
-----"And the Employer Mandate is mandatory. The law Congress wrote explicitly commands that this provision takes effect in January 2014. The ACA does not permit the government to grant a reprieve or an extension.
Yet in a blatantly illegal move, the Obama administration is presuming to rewrite the ACA by choosing not to enforce provisions that are causing visible problems. The IRS—which is tasked with enforcing the Employer Mandate—will simply not enforce it until 2015. Every large employer in the country is under the mandate. If they don’t comply, then they are breaking federal law."
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
You scoff at Mother Jones, Rolling Stone, Daily Kos

I'll return the favor by ignoring Breitbart, infowars, and World Nut Daily.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#17291 Jul 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, but some of us are capable of reading facts, processing them and then using them to form our opinions - which we can then share on public forums.
-----"While the delay announced late on Tuesday is viewed as a setback for the Obama administration as it seeks to implement the law, a look through the political lens shows that Obamacare could become a bigger issue in the 2014 midterms than it was in 2010, the year it passed Congress."
"The timing of the announcement ... seemed to indicate some in the administration wanted to bury the development."
http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/03/politics/obamac...
Yep, we'll have to wait and see how it play out,
in the meantime let's have a lot at who's really affected....

The overblown Obamacare myth about small business
By Jose Pagliery
05/21/2013
http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/21/smallbusiness...

But the new law's rules don't apply to the vast majority of small businesses. The employer mandate, which forces firms to start providing insurance in 2014, pertains only to companies with at least 50 full-time workers.

That's a tiny fraction of small businesses.

As of 2010, there were roughly 5.7 million small employers, defined as those with fewer than 500 workers. Some 97% of them have fewer than 50 employees. That means Obamacare's employer mandate applies only to 3% of America's small businesses.

That's about 200,000 companies.

...However, nearly all of those businesses already do provide insurance: 96% of those with 50-plus workers currently offer health plans anyway, according to government data.

...For example, firms might be providing insurance that Obamacare deems unaffordable -- that is, if it costs more than 9.5% of a worker's income.

But there are signs that most plans out there qualify under Obamcare's other requirement. More than 99% of those in work-sponsored plans have insurance that meets most Obamacare coverage standards, according to last year's study by NORC at the University of Chicago.

Putting it all together, the data shows that only a tiny sliver of the nation's small businesses face the new rules -- and even fewer face any changes. Of the country's 6.5 million workplaces, only 1% must actually start providing insurance next year.

It's a reality that's likely to catch most small business owners by surprise, said Eileen Elliot, a Vermont health care attorney who advises entrepreneurs.

"There's a lot of trepidation and misinformation out there," Elliot said. "I think it's time to do some education."
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#17292 Jul 4, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
The young will just pay the "penalty".
What percentage would that be....

Can you point to the Exchange site for GA where we can see what this coverage is going to cost, oh wait, GA hasn't set one up yet.

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#17293 Jul 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you point to the Exchange site for GA where we can see what this coverage is going to cost, oh wait, GA hasn't set one up yet.
$95 or 1% of income. The young will pay the "penalty".

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#17294 Jul 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
The exchange is not at issue here, stay on point. Gotta go, time to make the ice cream.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#17295 Jul 4, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
$95 or 1% of income. The young will pay the "penalty".
Yeah, do without insurance that's the ticket. And judging from your answer that'll be 100% of the young.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#17296 Jul 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Course blaming Obamamcare for hiring freezes and firing employees during a recession is a lot better than blaming the state of the economy on the previous administration.
Also from the same article, more opinions...
...Just 9 percent of the small employers surveyed agreed that Obamacare would be "good for your business," while another 39 percent saw "no impact."
The prevalent pessimism tracks other answers in the poll, which showed that 55 percent of small business owners believe that the ACA will lead to higher health-care costs. By contrast, about 5 percent said the law would lead to lower costs.
And more than half—52 percent—said they expected a reduction in the quality of health care under Obamacare, while just 13 percent expected an improvement.
...Gallup Chief Economic Dennis Jacobe said small business owners' answers in the poll "is consistent with owners' tendency to be more Republican than Democratic, higher-income, more against big government, more conservative and less optimistic than Americans overall."
One group that favors Obamacare for small businesses said the findings reflect misconceptions about its true effects as well as the need for continued outreach by reform advocates to the small business community.
You just don't have a real clue do you?
I know for a fact that people are either losing their group insurance at work or they are being changed to very high deductible insurance plans. This is due to the impending AHCA.
I also want to know how Obama can just wave his magic wand and push the date of the AHCA up to 2015 for employers that have over 50 employees. It is a law that it must start in 2014. How does He have wiggle room to just dictate something like that?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#17298 Jul 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Course blaming Obamamcare for hiring freezes and firing employees during a recession is a lot better than blaming the state of the economy on the previous administration.
Also from the same article, more opinions...
...Just 9 percent of the small employers surveyed agreed that Obamacare would be "good for your business," while another 39 percent saw "no impact."
The prevalent pessimism tracks other answers in the poll, which showed that 55 percent of small business owners believe that the ACA will lead to higher health-care costs. By contrast, about 5 percent said the law would lead to lower costs.
And more than half—52 percent—said they expected a reduction in the quality of health care under Obamacare, while just 13 percent expected an improvement.
...Gallup Chief Economic Dennis Jacobe said small business owners' answers in the poll "is consistent with owners' tendency to be more Republican than Democratic, higher-income, more against big government, more conservative and less optimistic than Americans overall."
One group that favors Obamacare for small businesses said the findings reflect misconceptions about its true effects as well as the need for continued outreach by reform advocates to the small business community.
So now you argue with polls, are you saying the businesses that responded were lying? You also quoted stats that show businesses expect Obamacare to both increase their costs and lower healthcare - and this supports your position, how?

"Other business owners haven’t been able to avoid eliminating jobs. A Gallup poll taken in June found that nearly one in five small businesses—19 percent of those surveyed—have cut workers “as a specific result of the Affordable Care Act.” The same poll, first reported by CNBC, found that 41 percent of those interviewed had suspended hiring because of Obamacare. The poll of 603 business owners with less than $20 million in annual sales also found that 55 percent believe Obamacare will lead to higher health care costs, while just 5 percent saw future cost savings."

You're not helping your case much.

Location hidden

#17299 Jul 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, we'll have to wait and see how it play out,
in the meantime let's have a lot at who's really affected....
The overblown Obamacare myth about small business
By Jose Pagliery
05/21/2013
http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/21/smallbusiness...
But the new law's rules don't apply to the vast majority of small businesses. The employer mandate, which forces firms to start providing insurance in 2014, pertains only to companies with at least 50 full-time workers.
That's a tiny fraction of small businesses.
As of 2010, there were roughly 5.7 million small employers, defined as those with fewer than 500 workers. Some 97% of them have fewer than 50 employees. That means Obamacare's employer mandate applies only to 3% of America's small businesses.
That's about 200,000 companies.
...However, nearly all of those businesses already do provide insurance: 96% of those with 50-plus workers currently offer health plans anyway, according to government data.
...For example, firms might be providing insurance that Obamacare deems unaffordable -- that is, if it costs more than 9.5% of a worker's income.
But there are signs that most plans out there qualify under Obamcare's other requirement. More than 99% of those in work-sponsored plans have insurance that meets most Obamacare coverage standards, according to last year's study by NORC at the University of Chicago.
Putting it all together, the data shows that only a tiny sliver of the nation's small businesses face the new rules -- and even fewer face any changes. Of the country's 6.5 million workplaces, only 1% must actually start providing insurance next year.
It's a reality that's likely to catch most small business owners by surprise, said Eileen Elliot, a Vermont health care attorney who advises entrepreneurs.
"There's a lot of trepidation and misinformation out there," Elliot said. "I think it's time to do some education."
Interesting how your link left out the NEGATIVES Mr Pagliary discussed, especially the part about how
while comprising "only 1 percent of all small businesses, they provide 10 percent of all new jobs in this country."

"According to the 2010 US census, there are about 5.7 million small businesses in the United States of America, 97 percent of which have less that 50 employees; but that leaves around 200,000 small businesses that fall under the new Obamacare mandate and another 60,000 small businesses that have between 40 and 49 employees. Although that seems like a small percentage of the total amount of all small businesses in this country, those that fall under the mandate may find it too expensive to afford both payroll and health insurance for all those employees.

In 2011 the average yearly employers cost for health insurance was $4,132 for a single plan. Small businesses with just 50 employees, the minimum amount that falls under the Obamacare mandate, could be looking at over $200,000 in extra costs next year.

Jose Pagliery of CNN Money speculates that the businesses that will suffer the most under Obamacare will be “gazelle” firms, those companies that report an annual growth rate of at least 20 percent. Although “gazelle” firms account for only 1 percent of all small businesses, they provide 10 percent of all new jobs in this country. Pagliery brings up that the more money that these young, fast-growing companies spend on health care, the less money they can spend on hiring new employees and expanding. Only time will tell if Obamacare will end up rising unemployment as a result of hurting these types of small businesses.

One of the biggest problems with Obamacare is that small businesses do not have the staff or the resources to learn the new mandate and all of its nuisances. Companies will have to spend valuable rescores to figure out exactly how much they should expect to pay under Obamacare and what the best choices are for them."

Location hidden

#17300 Jul 4, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^
The link didn't print:

http://www.thence.org/wordpress/
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

#17301 Jul 4, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Must've been why I turned to ESPN for that data.
Why don't you tell us all you know about illegal aliens not being able to buy Real Estate in America.
please, don't get that pos started.
danger zone

Covington, GA

#17302 Jul 4, 2013
Bigdave1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You just don't have a real clue do you?
I know for a fact that people are either losing their group insurance at work or they are being changed to very high deductible insurance plans. This is due to the impending AHCA.
I also want to know how Obama can just wave his magic wand and push the date of the AHCA up to 2015 for employers that have over 50 employees. It is a law that it must start in 2014. How does He have wiggle room to just dictate something like that?
Ain't got a clue is right... Obamacare is already a trainwreck. Just ask hospital administrators, ask doctors, ask patients who were booted out the door before they were well & strong enough for discharge, only to return for readmission within 24-48 hours. So many think it's just about an insurance plan, Obamacare isn't just about health coverage mandates, plans & premiums. It's way, way more complicated than even that. Obamacare is COOKBOOK medicine. It's about fully enforcing managed care of patients PER diagnosis, it's not about individualized QUALITY healthcare, anymore. If a patient enters the hospital for ANY diagnosis, there are guidelines in place for the treatment by DIAGNOSIS, basically all patients with a certain illness, whether acute or chronic are treated exactly the same. It's called Interqual Clinical Guidelines, or COOKBOOK medicine, a popular term for practice of medicine by STRICT adherence to practice guidelines, which may NOT be an appropriate substitute for clinical judgement. This is where the Dr. decisions & judgement mean very little anymore, Obamacare guidelines will determine length of stays, whether they will pay for certain tests procedures. Is it necessary??? Someone other than doctors will be making major decisions pertaining to diagnosis & treatment. It's already happening, Obamacare will enforce these guidelines, which many doctors describe as a COOKBOOK of disasters.

I shake my head at some of the posts here (by libs) who DO NOT have a clue. They support it without understanding it. Much like Obamacare was rammed through Congress, those fools DID NOT & DO NOT understand, either. COURSE, they don't understand death panels either. Poor souls DO NOT have a clue - IS exactly right.
danger zone

Covington, GA

#17303 Jul 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting how your link left out the NEGATIVES Mr Pagliary discussed, especially the part about how
while comprising "only 1 percent of all small businesses, they provide 10 percent of all new jobs in this country."
"According to the 2010 US census, there are about 5.7 million small businesses in the United States of America, 97 percent of which have less that 50 employees; but that leaves around 200,000 small businesses that fall under the new Obamacare mandate and another 60,000 small businesses that have between 40 and 49 employees. Although that seems like a small percentage of the total amount of all small businesses in this country, those that fall under the mandate may find it too expensive to afford both payroll and health insurance for all those employees.
In 2011 the average yearly employers cost for health insurance was $4,132 for a single plan. Small businesses with just 50 employees, the minimum amount that falls under the Obamacare mandate, could be looking at over $200,000 in extra costs next year.
Jose Pagliery of CNN Money speculates that the businesses that will suffer the most under Obamacare will be “gazelle” firms, those companies that report an annual growth rate of at least 20 percent. Although “gazelle” firms account for only 1 percent of all small businesses, they provide 10 percent of all new jobs in this country. Pagliery brings up that the more money that these young, fast-growing companies spend on health care, the less money they can spend on hiring new employees and expanding. Only time will tell if Obamacare will end up rising unemployment as a result of hurting these types of small businesses.
One of the biggest problems with Obamacare is that small businesses do not have the staff or the resources to learn the new mandate and all of its nuisances. Companies will have to spend valuable rescores to figure out exactly how much they should expect to pay under Obamacare and what the best choices are for them."
They don't understand, Aggie. It simply amazes me, libs continue to support & approve Obamacare when it's so very obvious, they DON'T even come close to grasping what it's ALL about.
billy bob

Jefferson, GA

#17304 Jul 4, 2013
Who wrote:
<quoted text>
Now how do you expect me to take a person named billy bob seriously.
"Who" are you to make fun of my name. Is that what you do when you are dead wrong and got no way to lie you way out?? "Who" do you think you are, Synergy.
I feel so sorry

Jefferson, GA

#17305 Jul 4, 2013
danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't understand, Aggie. It simply amazes me, libs continue to support & approve Obamacare when it's so very obvious, they DON'T even come close to grasping what it's ALL about.
Tell us exactly what you know about the health care bill, damn little would be my first expectation. All you know about is Medicare, another fed. funded program that nowhere near covers its cost to operate. Old folks think somebody owes it to them, bull!! What you think you know you got from FNC and they are about as reliable as the sun was on this 4th of July.

Please tell me "what its ALL about". Tell me what is wrong with people who get care for free with no health care insurance at least paying something? Tell me how our poor doctors will survive on ObamaCare. All they have done is complain about all the pain it will cause. But as soon as the bill was law they started construction on TWO of the largest construction projects in Towns County, one of the poorest in the state. Boy I feel so sorry for those poor doctors and the all the people at the emergency room getting free care that MY insurance payment funds.
I feel so sorry

Jefferson, GA

#17307 Jul 4, 2013
danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't got a clue is right... Obamacare is already a trainwreck. Just ask hospital administrators, ask doctors, ask patients who were booted out the door before they were well & strong enough for discharge, only to return for readmission within 24-48 hours. So many think it's just about an insurance plan, Obamacare isn't just about health coverage mandates, plans & premiums. It's way, way more complicated than even that. Obamacare is COOKBOOK medicine. It's about fully enforcing managed care of patients PER diagnosis, it's not about individualized QUALITY healthcare, anymore. If a patient enters the hospital for ANY diagnosis, there are guidelines in place for the treatment by DIAGNOSIS, basically all patients with a certain illness, whether acute or chronic are treated exactly the same. It's called Interqual Clinical Guidelines, or COOKBOOK medicine, a popular term for practice of medicine by STRICT adherence to practice guidelines, which may NOT be an appropriate substitute for clinical judgement. This is where the Dr. decisions & judgement mean very little anymore, Obamacare guidelines will determine length of stays, whether they will pay for certain tests procedures. Is it necessary??? Someone other than doctors will be making major decisions pertaining to diagnosis & treatment. It's already happening, Obamacare will enforce these guidelines, which many doctors describe as a COOKBOOK of disasters.
I shake my head at some of the posts here (by libs) who DO NOT have a clue. They support it without understanding it. Much like Obamacare was rammed through Congress, those fools DID NOT & DO NOT understand, either. COURSE, they don't understand death panels either. Poor souls DO NOT have a clue - IS exactly right.
You ARE SO FULL OF BULL. Obama care on a level that affects patients isn't even in effect. Insurance companies have been kicking patients out of hospitals and deciding what kind of care patients get for a very long time. You are the one who has no clue, posting fairytales that match your beliefs. Had you ever in your life had been faced with a major illness you would know how it works and has worked for years. The insurance companies run the show, the doctors make the money and the patient getting the help gets what the insurance company will allow, nothing more. Unless you work for a union or any government they get much better coverage.
danger zone

Covington, GA

#17308 Jul 4, 2013
Obamacare reimbursements aren't even mentioned in my post on cookbook medicine. You can lay your bottom dollar, amts per diagnosis are predetermined by the government or health insurer. Doctors, hospitals & other providers FEEL the pressure to quickly diagnose, treat & discharge. Hurry, hurry, rush, rush. Get them in - get them out. Quality healthcare is going down the drain as we speak, yet many libs are ALL supporting Obamacare. Unbelievable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) 5 hr Brennan2 245
Moving to Richmond Hill Mar 29 HappyasaClam 2
News Walthourville readies for police, new city hall (Apr '09) Mar 26 I Told You So 15
McDonalds in Ludowici (Apr '06) Mar 21 yup 15
Divorce in Bryan county Mar 20 SadAndScared 1
Can a police officer get fired for sleeping wit... (Jul '11) Mar 19 mback7990 21
Debate: Marijuana - Hinesville, GA (Sep '10) Mar 16 Jerry O'Neal 47
Hinesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Hinesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]