Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Hinesville Forum

Comments (Page 818)

Showing posts 16,341 - 16,360 of47,373
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
There, I fixed your spelling.
When you don't have anything, you resort to correcting spelling. Very predictable.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my will now copy & paste 100 links on REM sleep, power naps & endless statistics on sleep studies.
She's very easily distracted from FACTUAL current events. LOL.:)
This is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, DZ.
danger zone

Social Circle, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! AND we determined that a 45% success rate would be considered a failure by normal standards. In other words, if a conservative president had made a ridiculous number of promises and ONLY achieved 45% of those promises, you looney libs would be losing your minds. DOUBLE STANDARD. That dog won't hunt, pretzel girl.
Those of us with healthy minds, remember that discussion. Oh my went on & on about STUPID football statistics. Then on & on, some more, actually posting some NFL quarterback passing stats. ROTFL
It got crazier with each post, 1/2 her posts discussed complete passes, incomplete passes & dropped passes. Wow, she & IO run a close race with their constant attempts.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Yep! AND we determined that a 45% success rate would be considered a failure by normal standards. In other words, if a conservative president had made a ridiculous number of promises and ONLY achieved 45% of those promises, you looney libs would be losing your minds. DOUBLE STANDARD. That dog won't hunt, pretzel girl.
Oooops, looks like you left something out of your conclusion, AGAIN.

Definition of COMPROMISE
a : settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions
b : something intermediate between or blending qualities of two different things

So, since a compromise gives each side something they can agree on, it can be said that one-half of the Compromise figure represents a Promise Kept.

(45%+ 12.5%)= 67.5%

Thanks for playing.

The Obameter Scorecard
Promise Kept 241 (45%)
Compromise 131 (25%)
Promise Broken 119 (22%)
Stalled 2 (0%)
In the Works 24 (5%)
Not yet rated 15 (3%)
danger zone

Social Circle, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

^^ Run a close race with their constant attempts at distraction. It's old already.
Oh my

Young Harris, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

danger zone wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Those of us with healthy minds, remember that discussion. Oh my went on & on about STUPID football statistics. Then on & on, some more, actually posting some NFL quarterback passing stats. ROTFL
It got crazier with each post, 1/2 her posts discussed complete passes, incomplete passes & dropped passes. Wow, she & IO run a close race with their constant attempts.
Translation:
Dang, they tore that stooopid analogy to shreds, again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooops, looks like you left something out of your conclusion, AGAIN.
Definition of COMPROMISE
a : settlement of differences by arbitration or by consent reached by mutual concessions
b : something intermediate between or blending qualities of two different things
So, since a compromise gives each side something they can agree on, it can be said that one-half of the Compromise figure represents a Promise Kept.
(45%+ 12.5%)= 67.5%
Thanks for playing.
The Obameter Scorecard
Promise Kept 241 (45%)
Compromise 131 (25%)
Promise Broken 119 (22%)
Stalled 2 (0%)
In the Works 24 (5%)
Not yet rated 15 (3%)
You libs would be losing any mind you MIGHT have. Thank YOU for playing. The fact that you support the clown proves how crazy you libroids STILL are. lol

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

danger zone wrote:
^^ Run a close race with their constant attempts at distraction. It's old already.
That's all they know. They attend the Obama Duck and Dodge School of Excuses and Distractions. It's an ONGOING education and attendance is mandatory.*laughing*
danger zone

Social Circle, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
That's all they know. They attend the Obama Duck and Dodge School of Excuses and Distractions. It's an ONGOING education and attendance is mandatory.*laughing*
LOL. It's absolutely crazy!!!
danger zone

Social Circle, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation:
Dang, they tore that stooopid analogy to shreds, again.
Not even close, Bozo. Not even close.
But, you keep on believing. Keep on keeping on.
rotfl

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Regarding Obama's "success rate" - whether it be 45% or 67.5%, regrettably most instances of promises kept by Obama equal disastrous policy for the country.
His "proudest achievement" Obamacare is a "train wreck" and now Obama thinks he can ignore what was passed by the Legislative Branch as law and with the swipe of a pen delay major portions of it until after the election. He doesn't have the authority to do it, but the Dems are desperate to push back as much as possible until after the 2014 elections since they know its a loser for the Dems. They know the uncertainty employers feel is leading to jobs not being created and full time employees are having their hours reduced. So they delay the employer mandate, but the individual mandate is still there - yeah, that's smart.
Now is the time for Republicans to stand up and seriously introduce a measure to repeal this monstrosity - make Dems defend it now that people have had time to "read the bill" and know how bad it is. Question is, will they have the backbone?
OMTE

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
Regarding Obama's "success rate" - whether it be 45% or 67.5%, regrettably most instances of promises kept by Obama equal disastrous policy for the country.
His "proudest achievement" Obamacare is a "train wreck" and now Obama thinks he can ignore what was passed by the Legislative Branch as law and with the swipe of a pen delay major portions of it until after the election. He doesn't have the authority to do it, but the Dems are desperate to push back as much as possible until after the 2014 elections since they know its a loser for the Dems. They know the uncertainty employers feel is leading to jobs not being created and full time employees are having their hours reduced. So they delay the employer mandate, but the individual mandate is still there - yeah, that's smart.
Now is the time for Republicans to stand up and seriously introduce a measure to repeal this monstrosity - make Dems defend it now that people have had time to "read the bill" and know how bad it is. Question is, will they have the backbone?
I'm not sayin I disagree or agree with your post. I just think it's about as useless as complainin about Bush. It's somewhat informative and entertainin, but that's all. Obamacare ISN'T goin anywhere. I think if our government had it's citizens in mind, instead of the the rest of the world's citizens in mind, we could afford Obamacare. We are to busy tryin to tell people how to run their government, when we have no business over there. They all hate us. We back the wrong person everytime, because they don't want to be like us and are only playin us for Aid. If we would mind our own business and quit being played by other countries to take care of their criminals and unfortunate; then this would still be the land of plenty and Obamacare wouldn't be a problem. We can't take care of the whole world. We have no business in any Muslim based country. We need to quit bein played criminals and focus on us. We need Americans that care Americans more then they do the rest of the world runnin our country under God, and we'd be fine. I don't see it happening, but happy 4th of July anyway. I'm still proud to be an AMERICAN.
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Another worthless response. You have NO IDEA what kind of president Romney would have been. He most assuredly would have been better than what we have NOW. It's astonishing that with all that is happening, you liberals STILL are looking for hope from that clown.
oh yeah? I bet that you don't know exactly what would happen if you drank a pint of battery acid, either. Why don't you try it and find out?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>oh yeah? I bet that you don't know exactly what would happen if you drank a pint of battery acid, either. Why don't you try it and find out?
is that what happened to ur brain?
isaacson

Calhoun, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Love Johnny!
jeb stuart

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

bored monitor wrote:
<quoted text>
is that what happened to ur brain?
Get back in the closet, wench!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not sayin I disagree or agree with your post. I just think it's about as useless as complainin about Bush. It's somewhat informative and entertainin, but that's all. Obamacare ISN'T goin anywhere. I think if our government had it's citizens in mind, instead of the the rest of the world's citizens in mind, we could afford Obamacare. We are to busy tryin to tell people how to run their government, when we have no business over there. They all hate us. We back the wrong person everytime, because they don't want to be like us and are only playin us for Aid. If we would mind our own business and quit being played by other countries to take care of their criminals and unfortunate; then this would still be the land of plenty and Obamacare wouldn't be a problem. We can't take care of the whole world. We have no business in any Muslim based country. We need to quit bein played criminals and focus on us. We need Americans that care Americans more then they do the rest of the world runnin our country under God, and we'd be fine. I don't see it happening, but happy 4th of July anyway. I'm still proud to be an AMERICAN.
I don't believe it is useless, though. Americans are watching the failure of Obamacare as we speak. Virtually every milestone is being pushed back or changed because the bureaucrats who came up with the whole stupidity are being told by those who actually have to implement the idiotic mandates that they can't be done. The young people on whose backs the funding is dependent are far more likely to pay the fine than sign up for the exchanges - a factor that was built into the law without those same bureaucrats realizing the resulting shortfalls of funding.
It is just another textbook case of the govt over reaching into areas it knows nothing about and making things exponentially worse - just think of the failed War on Poverty. What was billed as bringing quality healthcare to everyone will merely result in lower standard care for everyone and 30 million people will STILL not have healthcare. So what was the point, again?

On your other subject, when it comes to the Middle East, I am coming around to your point of view. Let the Muslim countries handle their own affairs - whichever side wins is not likely to be our friend, so why waste our tax money and more importantly our military to help people that will still hate us in the end. My only exception is Israel - I believe we must continue to support our best ally in the region - on both moral and strategic grounds.

Happy 4th of July.
Scott

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
+1 Very well said.
Thank you Ms. Synergy. I always enjoy your posts.
Scott

Cleveland, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush Lands Aboard USS Abraham Lincoln
Published May 02, 2003
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2003/05/02/bush-...
WASHINGTON – Navy One landed with perfect precision aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln (search) Thursday, delivering President Bush aboard the longest-deployed nuclear-powered aircraft carrier in U.S. history.
Bush also made history as the first president to land on a ship with the help of cables that stretch across the deck. The cables catch the plane and pull it to a stop in less than 300 feet.
...However, the fast pace of the carrier in choppy waters creates a challenge for every pilot who lands onboard. The president's plane hit the deck at about 150 mph and stopped within seconds.
Retired U.S. Navy Capt. Chuck Nash told Fox News he observed that the president's aircraft kept its landing gear down after takeoff from San Diego, and suggested it was left down to make sure there were no difficulties with lowering the gear at the end of the approximately 10-minute flight.
...Navy One carried the president, a former F-102 pilot for the Texas Air National Guard, who sat in the front seat, and two or three other passengers. The distance was too long for a helicopter ride.
Administration officials insisted that the president's ride from San Diego to the ship, still hundreds of miles off the California coast, and the landing aboard the aircraft carrier, were not risky.
http://www.vikingassociation.com/viking-histo...
S-3 VIKING
Wing span: 69 feet
Length: 53 feet
Height: 23 feet
Speed: 518 mph
Ceiling: 40,000 feet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Mission_Acc...
...On May 1, 2003, Bush became the first sitting President to make an arrested landing in a fixed-wing aircraft on an aircraft carrier[3][4] when he arrived at the USS Abraham Lincoln in a Lockheed S-3 Viking, dubbed Navy One, as the carrier lay just off the San Diego coast,
Bush was criticized for the historic jet landing on the carrier as an overly theatrical and expensive stunt. For instance, it was pointed out that the carrier was well within range of Bush's helicopter, and that a jet landing was not needed.[5] Originally the White House had stated that the carrier was too far off the California coast for a helicopter landing and a jet would be needed to reach it. On the day of the speech, the Lincoln was only 30 miles (48 km) from shore but the administration still decided to go ahead with the jet landing. White House spokesman Ari Fleischer admitted that Bush "could have helicoptered, but the plan was already in place. Plus, he wanted to see a landing the way aviators see a landing."
Ten Years Since 'Mission Accomplished'-- Let's Review the Imagery
Posted: 04/30/2013 4:24 pm
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joseph-a-palerm...
...The control of images. The event itself had more planning than a Super Bowl half-time show. The former ABC television producer, Andrew Sforza, who had become Bush's Leni Riefenstahl, arranged all of the details: the multiple camera angles, the lighting, the staging of the sailors, the direction of each shot, the mise en scène, nothing was left to chance....
I'm not sure of the point you are attempting to make.

I served on the Lincoln and I was there when President Bush landing on the deck. Everyone on board was happy to see the President and thought it cool that he landed in the back seat of a fighter. Our mission definitely was accomplished and we were on our way home. The ship's Captain ordered the banner hung and we did so with pride.

You may correct any spelling errors of mine. I do tend to get in a hurry most of the time and get kearluss/
Who

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:

Good post, and I agree.
But next year is the election year and would be the best time for the Republicans to bring the subject up for a vote to pin the tail on the donkeys.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 16,341 - 16,360 of47,373
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hinesville Discussions

Search the Hinesville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 6 hr Paris 2,036
Decent crabbing spots? Jul 1 Amber 1
Klingbeil/Farley murder suicide 2006 (Mar '11) Jun 25 Toni 10
Debate: Marijuana - Hinesville, GA (Sep '10) Jun 22 weavinggoddess 46
Military should have to live on post (Oct '13) Jun 19 Too Dependent 6
Buckhead Jun 19 Probably 2
Ludowici reinstates police chief Jun 19 oh okay 2
•••
•••
•••
Hinesville Dating

more search filters

less search filters