Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're saying you admire the Tea Party - I would have to remind you that the Tea Party was created in whole from the very beginning by extremely wealthy businessmen who are known to be amongst the very worst polluters on the planet. These particular individuals find "government regulations" to be troublesome for their profits, and the environmental issues of global climate change troublesome for the sale of their product.
To say you admire the Tea Party is to say that you admire the destruction of our environment for the sake of profit. It is to say that you admire the sale of our political system to the ones with the largest campaign contributions. It is to say that you admire false propaganda being spread like wildfire through our society. It is to say that you admire a wholesale attack on science and logic.
So you and I agree on this point: When I refer to your support of the Tea Party, I do mean it in a derogatory manner.
Well, you certainly have your talking points down. The Tea Party is truly a grass roots effort of like minded people who first came together over the threat of the taking over and destruction of our healthcare system. There is no "national organization" or "speaker" for those who call themselves the Tea Party. Someone used the term, others of like mind liked it and it spread.

The following list show some of the items that many of those who call themselves Tea Party members would agree with. It is by no means exclusive or complete, it is simply somewhat representative, because, as already stated, there IS NO national "platform" because there is NO national Tea Party.
Identify constitutionality of every new law:
Reject emissions trading: Stop the "cap and trade"
Demand a balanced federal budget:
Simplify the tax system:
Audit federal government agencies for constitutionality:
Limit annual growth in federal spending:
Repeal the health care legislation
Pass an "all-of-the-above" energy policy:
Reduce earmarks:
Reduce taxes:

Some groups that call themselves Tea Party would make additions and subtractions to the above, this is just to illustrate an overall point of view of limited government and emphasis on the Constitution .

"created by wealthy businessmen" - oh, you cute little conspiracy theorist, you
"destruction of the environment" "attack on science and logic" - bless your pointy little head
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you certainly have your talking points down. The Tea Party is truly a grass roots effort of like minded people who first came together over the threat of the taking over and destruction of our healthcare system. There is no "national organization" or "speaker" for those who call themselves the Tea Party. Someone used the term, others of like mind liked it and it spread.
The following list show some of the items that many of those who call themselves Tea Party members would agree with. It is by no means exclusive or complete, it is simply somewhat representative, because, as already stated, there IS NO national "platform" because there is NO national Tea Party.
Identify constitutionality of every new law:
Reject emissions trading: Stop the "cap and trade"
Demand a balanced federal budget:
Simplify the tax system:
Audit federal government agencies for constitutionality:
Limit annual growth in federal spending:
Repeal the health care legislation
Pass an "all-of-the-above" energy policy:
Reduce earmarks:
Reduce taxes:
Some groups that call themselves Tea Party would make additions and subtractions to the above, this is just to illustrate an overall point of view of limited government and emphasis on the Constitution .
"created by wealthy businessmen" - oh, you cute little conspiracy theorist, you
"destruction of the environment" "attack on science and logic" - bless your pointy little head
Grass Roots? You mean Astro Turf.

FreedomWorks and Americans for Prosperity ARE the Tea Party.

In an August 30, 2010, article in The New Yorker, Jane Mayer said that the billionaire brothers David H. Koch and Charles G. Koch and Koch Industries are providing financial and organizational support to the Tea Party movement through Americans for Prosperity, which David founded.[162][163] The AFP's "Hot Air Tour" WAS ORGANIZED TO FIGHT AGAINST CARBON TAXES and the activation of a cap and trade program.[164] In 1984, David Koch also founded Citizens for a Sound Economy,[165] part of which became FreedomWorks in a 2004 split, another group that organized and supports the movement.[166] Koch Industries issued a press release stating that the Kochs have "no ties to and have never given money to FreedomWorks".[167] Former ambassador Christopher Meyer writes in the Daily Mail that the Tea Party movement is a mix of "grassroots populism, professional conservative politics, and big money", the last supplied in part by Charles and David Koch.[168]

We could get so much deeper into this - however - you already know it and I already know it, so what's the point?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Really...
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...There's no justification for targeting them on the basis of political affiliation, but on the other hand, it's not like the IRS should abdicate its responsibility to enforce the law.
So you double down on a quote from a Left winger (asst editor for Think Progress and Center for American Progress Action Fund) on a Left wing site. What would one reasonably expect from one of his bias?

Well, I guess if that's all you have, what else are you going to do? I guess you can't comment on Brokaw or Todd because they kind of destroyed your little columnist's point, didn't they.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

One more example of the need for tough regulations against business. This one is in another country, but it shows that business will do anything for a buck, regardless of how irresponsible and catastrophic.

A 2500-year old Mayan temple is destroyed for it's materials and to save on fuel costs.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/14/world/americas/...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Grass Roots? You mean Astro Turf.
FreedomWorks and Americans for Prosperity ARE the Tea Party.
In an August 30, 2010, article in The New Yorker, Jane Mayer said that the billionaire brothers David H. Koch and Charles G. Koch and Koch Industries are providing financial and organizational support to the Tea Party movement through Americans for Prosperity, which David founded.[162][163] The AFP's "Hot Air Tour" WAS ORGANIZED TO FIGHT AGAINST CARBON TAXES and the activation of a cap and trade program.[164] In 1984, David Koch also founded Citizens for a Sound Economy,[165] part of which became FreedomWorks in a 2004 split, another group that organized and supports the movement.[166] Koch Industries issued a press release stating that the Kochs have "no ties to and have never given money to FreedomWorks".[167] Former ambassador Christopher Meyer writes in the Daily Mail that the Tea Party movement is a mix of "grassroots populism, professional conservative politics, and big money", the last supplied in part by Charles and David Koch.[168]
We could get so much deeper into this - however - you already know it and I already know it, so what's the point?
Oh my goodness, you mean wealthy people like George Soros might contribute money to organizations that they agree with - STOP THE PRESSES.

You just keep on with your little conspiracy theory about the Tea Party movement - which is actually a better description since there is no actual political party.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

REPUBLICAN LEADERSHIP MINI-PROFILE:

Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas)- "Democrats worship abortion with same fervor the Canaanites worshipped Molech."

Nice sane leadership you RWW's keep voting to run the country. He sounds like sombody who's ready to reach across the aisle to solve our counties problems.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
So you double down on a quote from a Left winger (asst editor for Think Progress and Center for American Progress Action Fund) on a Left wing site. What would one reasonably expect from one of his bias?
Well, I guess if that's all you have, what else are you going to do? I guess you can't comment on Brokaw or Todd because they kind of destroyed your little columnist's point, didn't they.
How so when the column concludes...
"There's no justification for targeting them on the basis of political affiliation, but on the other hand, it's not like the IRS should abdicate its responsibility to enforce the law."

Which is exactly the point that Tom Brokaw made, and Todd was disappointed that the WH did not have the proper level of outrage, which is just his subjective opinion.

As far as doubling-down, my original post still stands,

"There's no justification for targeting them on the basis of political affiliation"

and I'll save my outrage and rush to judgement for the IG report and subsequent investigations.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my goodness, you mean wealthy people like George Soros might contribute money to organizations that they agree with - STOP THE PRESSES.
You just keep on with your little conspiracy theory about the Tea Party movement - which is actually a better description since there is no actual political party.
Alright - lets play this game:

I say Koch Brothers, you say Soros.

If we stop right there it looks like we're talking about the same thing.

Once we look at the actual agenda and the methods of achieving that agenda - they aren't even on the same sheet of paper on the evil scale.

And you know this as well.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
One more example of the need for tough regulations against business. This one is in another country, but it shows that business will do anything for a buck, regardless of how irresponsible and catastrophic.
A 2500-year old Mayan temple is destroyed for it's materials and to save on fuel costs.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/14/world/americas/...
This story is tragic for those who treasure history and it made me a little sick to my stomach. That being said: if this is what you are reduced to posting, you really are desperate. You are trying to make a comparison to all business because of the ignorant and short sighted greed of a landowner. Shall we all start searching for stories all over the world to try and make analogies to political opponents here? Like I said, desperate.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Alright - lets play this game:
I say Koch Brothers, you say Soros.
If we stop right there it looks like we're talking about the same thing.
Once we look at the actual agenda and the methods of achieving that agenda - they aren't even on the same sheet of paper on the evil scale.
And you know this as well.
You're right, George Soros tips the scales on the evil scale hands down.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

CB
Can we PLEASE not now get into a posting war on the Koch Brothers vs George Soros? Can we just agree that you think the Koch Bros embody all that is evil and I think George Soros has ruined far more people and possibly governments than the Koch Bros ever dreamed of. Can we just leave it at that?
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, George Soros tips the scales on the evil scale hands down.
One extremely small sliver of information:

Koch Brothers campaign to reintroduce segregation into the Wake County school system.

http://www.schoolsmatter.info/2011/01/will-wa...
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
This story is tragic for those who treasure history and it made me a little sick to my stomach. That being said: if this is what you are reduced to posting, you really are desperate. You are trying to make a comparison to all business because of the ignorant and short sighted greed of a landowner. Shall we all start searching for stories all over the world to try and make analogies to political opponents here? Like I said, desperate.
As Bill in D'vill correctly said: A companies only obligation is to make a profit. Nothing else.

This is an example of that. Nothing more to it.
OMTE

Norman Park, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
If the rules are the same as in the Old Testament, then all Right Wingers and are gonna be at the head of the line straight to into Hell.
- the Old Testament says anyone who charges interest on a loan goes to Hell.
Man, these Right Wingers who claim to "live on investments" are a scourge in God's eyes for sure.
And us folks with their IRAs, 401Ks, and SEPs, are doomed to the flaming ovens - fat lot of good their investment advisories will do them there.
I bet many of these RWWs ate lobster - another reason to burn through eternity.
Imagine a divorced woman, wearing pants, eating lobster, who has an IRA failing to obey her Husband when he orders her to perform sexually.
Thats 5 abominations at once,(maybe 6). Now, she's in real trouble.
Of course, since she is so sinful, the Old Testament tells us it's OK to kill her, cut her in pieces, and distribute those pieces throughout all Israel.
Can you ship body parts by plane ?
Please, the Christian Taliban who believe in the Old Testament as still applicable are as scary here as the Muslim Taliban is in Afghanistan.
No wonder Jefferson and the gang worked so hard to force people to keep their religion to themselves.
You're smart, but not as smart as God. I'm here to tell you that Jefferson wasn't either. I was taught and I believe that God was a vengeful God, because he could not relate to man fully. That's where Jesus came in. God sent his only son to earth to live with man as man. So he could understand why we are so vulgar and greedy. Jesus lived with temptation just as we do. He understood how easy we can be lead down the wrong path. So he died for us. To save us from his father's wrath. His father our Lord should not be compared to man or questioned. You have been eating off of the tree of knowledge for to long if you have the arrogance to even try and debate the issue. I don't wish to discuss it with you further.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
CB
Can we PLEASE not now get into a posting war on the Koch Brothers vs George Soros? Can we just agree that you think the Koch Bros embody all that is evil and I think George Soros has ruined far more people and possibly governments than the Koch Bros ever dreamed of. Can we just leave it at that?
I'll make you a deal. If you do some deep, honest research regarding the Koch Bros - I'll do the same on Soros.

Then sometime in a few days I'll post the most honestly disturbing thing I could find on Soros, and you do the same on the Koch Brothers.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll make you a deal. If you do some deep, honest research regarding the Koch Bros - I'll do the same on Soros.
Then sometime in a few days I'll post the most honestly disturbing thing I could find on Soros, and you do the same on the Koch Brothers.
That's fair.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
As Bill in D'vill correctly said: A companies only obligation is to make a profit. Nothing else.
This is an example of that. Nothing more to it.
As best I can find, this is an example of greed by a landowner and a construction company owner. Are you really going to extrapolate an indictment against ALL business owners from the actions of what is probably two people? Come on, you have got to admit that is hardly intellectually honest.
Apparently

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider this:
Budget:
It was so much better when the Right Wing Wackos were in charge - why who needed a balanced budget when the RWW Gang could give us a $1.4 Trillion Dollar annual Deficit.
Peace/War:
Who needed America at peace when we could have a Right Wing Wacko start three illegal wars.
Economy:
Who would want an economy chugging along with reasonable growth like Clinton when the Right Wing Wacko Gang can provide the Great RWW Recession - that destroyed millions of jobs and requires Trillions in deficit spending to stop.
Yep: when Right Wing Wackos are in charge the economy falls apart, our troops fill body bags, and surpluses become deficits - who wouldn't want that ?
Well- for starters, anyone with an IQ higher than their freezer
Ran across Informed opinion on youtube recently, thought the rest of you may like to see him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
OMTE

Norman Park, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

Apparently wrote:
<quoted text>
Ran across Informed opinion on youtube recently, thought the rest of you may like to see him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
You are no better than him you ignorant right wing militant. I know Bill ironic and hypocritical. I never said I was smart or a good christian.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't happen Bill. Remember - I asked you to pay attention?
<quoted text>
I have no idea why it bothers you so much that I changed names 6 months ago. I'm glad it does though.
If you know something to be false it is a lie. The poster is a liar, pure and simple, nobody can be that clueless...

That's OK, continue to believe as you like. The long time posters in here know better...

Jes'Sayin'

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where's all the weed at? (Jan '14) 3 hr The Truth 9
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) Aug 18 CFM 240
Hinesville, Georgia Anti- Military Town. (Sep '08) Aug 11 MySwingingDick 131
Why do some Ft. Stewart Sargeants act like t... (Aug '09) Aug 10 Reggie 72
Decent crabbing spots? Aug 7 Fletch 3
Hinesville Rotary installs new officers Aug 2 Raman 1
bryan county sheriff department (Feb '14) Jul 30 Vine 3

Search the Hinesville Forum:
•••
•••