Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7799 Apr 26, 2013
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
“You are absolutely correct, the scripture in Leviticus is quite clear on many things that were important to a culture thousands of years ago.”
Not to put words in your mouth but, you say the same about the U.S. Constitution. In essence you say neither one is relevant to your life today. This tells me you assume yourself and your peers to be the ultimate arbitrator of right and wrong, law and judgment. You assume the only thing that may have effect or control about any of your actions are what you and your peers decide today, history is only for the joy of reading but does not apply to your life.
Many conservatives will shake their heads at your inconsistencies but not me. I would just ask myself “I wonder from which side of his family he inherited his lobotomy.”
“Now you want to trot out a single verse as the authority on your position, while ignoring the authority of all the remaining verses.”
Sort of like you do with many of your postings.
You have perfected the use of the strawman, congratulations.

Never declared the US Constitution is irrelevant, but have stated that it has evolved to meet the demands of a changing world. Hey, looks like the same thing could be said about the Bible, what with one set of cultural mores in the Old Testament, and another in the New.

Care to tackle how one verse in Leviticus can be trotted out as an authoritative justification while the remainder of the Book is ignored as just so quaint.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7800 Apr 26, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
OK! Now I am about 90% certain. You were my teacher in High School. Unfortunately, I was one of many who slept through your class. As I recall, the only person who could stay awake was Freddie Philpot who sat in the front row. He also had 10 cups of coffee before your class so he could stay awake. You were also the teacher who, while trying to quit smoking, unconsciously puffed on a piece of chalk. I remember you always looking angry and you never smiled. We could never figure out if you were a man or a woman. Your post just conjured up some old school memories.
Sorry pal, never was a teacher, but I suspect there were many classes you slept through.
Bored

Dahlonega, GA

#7801 Apr 26, 2013
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow!! What a small World it is! I am sure you were the custodian at the same school. You were the one who bored a hole in the wall so you could peek through and watch the girls take their showers after gym class. You also used to pee in your mop bucket as a protest against the system. You thought you should be paid the same salary that teachers received. You used to hang out in the boiler room and read your Karl Marx books and look at girlie magazines. Yeah, I am pretty sure that was you.
Wow!
You're on a roll today. If you were bowling, you would be scoring perfect. As is, you're getting a strike with every post.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7802 Apr 26, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You have perfected the use of the strawman, congratulations.
Never declared the US Constitution is irrelevant, but have stated that it has evolved to meet the demands of a changing world. Hey, looks like the same thing could be said about the Bible, what with one set of cultural mores in the Old Testament, and another in the New.
Care to tackle how one verse in Leviticus can be trotted out as an authoritative justification while the remainder of the Book is ignored as just so quaint.
Ahhhh, IO's alter ego. Can you tell us how you can ignore that one verse? Personally, I'm not ignoring any of the scripture. I am simply pointing out that Leviticus 22:18 can't be ignored either. You liberals just never get tired of yourselves and your spin. Too funny.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7803 Apr 26, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
You are wrong. The scripture makes it clear. There is no spinning. Perhaps you should read it. It's not about ignoring other scripture. It about what that particular scripture states. You are guilty of the same thing: trotting out other verses as the authority on your position while ignoring the authority of Leviticus 22:18.(Of course, you libs live by a double standard, so I'm not surprised.)
That egg seems very important to you. Heck! You voted for Obama. You can't wear more egg than THAT.
Nice try, but it's not a question of what I give authority to, I didn't trot out that verse from Leviticus, you did. So tell us, why should that verse have any authority at all when so many other verses are clearly ignored in this day and age.

Take your time, typing and dodging those falling eggs isn't easy.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7804 Apr 26, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Ahhhh, IO's alter ego. Can you tell us how you can ignore that one verse? Personally, I'm not ignoring any of the scripture. I am simply pointing out that Leviticus 22:18 can't be ignored either. You liberals just never get tired of yourselves and your spin. Too funny.
It doesn't matter what I ignore since you chose to justify yourself with this verse. You made a decision to base your position on a specific verse in Leviticus, now the question becomes do all declarations of abomanation in Leviticus have eqaul weight.

Since: Jul 12

Douglasville, GA

#7805 Apr 26, 2013
I have come to the opinion that Lenin was much smarter than I ever gave him credit for being. He called you socialists "useful idiots". I didn't just make that up to call you names. It is a fact that the Communist killed all the useful idiots once they took over control of the socialist government. They no longer had any use for useful idiots and actually looked down on them. They felt that the socialist's could not be trusted.
Yes, that is what Lenin thought of socialists. You are just stupid tools to help him accomplish his goals of Communism.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

https://www.sites.google.com/site/paulroeblin...
WhiteHat

Moline, IL

#7806 Apr 26, 2013
Adolph Hitler. At least we already know his motives.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7807 Apr 26, 2013
Just scanned through the last few pages - my, my people have been busy little posters lately. Unfortunately, the same patterns repeat themselves.

Conservatives support their positions with facts and information and the Liberals come back with foolishness.
1. Jesus was a Liberal - typical leftist nonsense - Jesus was all about our PERSONAL responsibility to care for the needy. And every study shows that Reps/Cons donate far more in both time and money to charity. The Left shows their "charity" by wanting to raise taxes on other people to pay for programs that do not help better peoples' lives - they only enslave those people to dependency, while destroying marriage and families as a side effect. There is no virtue in making someone ELSE "contribute".
And Jesus said "suffer the little children to come unto me" - not "abort them for your own selfish convenience".

2. Republicans are fascists. Once again displaying a complete ignorance of the definition of the word. Let's see, who is it that advocates a controlling central government with severe economic and social regimentation and forceful suppression of opposition.
Examples: nationalizing healthcare, attempting to regulate the coal industry out of business, establishing "carbon emission" standards on industry that do not make the air cleaner one iota, but that do raise the cost of implementing such standards to the point that some industries close because it isn't worthwhile while others have to pass along higher costs to the public in order to stay in business, some ivory tower bureaucrat establishing car emission standards with no knowledge of the workings of how a car engine performs, but that do succeed in raising the price for the consumer, and on and on.

Suppression: Republican/conservative: "I do not believe in your policies and consider them harmful to our country and its citizens."
Typical Leftist response: "You are a bigot, you hate children, you hate minorities, you are greedy, you don't care about soldiers." No discussion on how the policies differ and how reasonable people can disagree - just an attempt to shut down the argument by screaming "HATER, HATER"

3. Reps/Cons never respond to "our facts" - actually you've been responded to so many times it's stunning, but you continue to ignore the TRUE facts anyway.

By the way, this is an OPINION forum, most on here are not interested in reading posts that are nothing but "cut and paste" jobs. If you have a quotation or two that support your position - fine, but a long winded, paragraphs long posting of SOMEONE ELSE'S opinion just indicates to me you can't support your position on your own - BORING. Read your supporting data, condense it down and post it - if you're capable of it.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7808 Apr 26, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try, but it's not a question of what I give authority to, I didn't trot out that verse from Leviticus, you did. So tell us, why should that verse have any authority at all when so many other verses are clearly ignored in this day and age.
Take your time, typing and dodging those falling eggs isn't easy.
Well, can you tell me why you trot out the other verses and ignore the verse from Levitius? Again, you are questioning and doubting the wisdom and Word.

For whatever reason, you have chosen to spend your time on something you obviously can't spin nor win. How can YOU ignore that particular verse? Why don't you post it word for word and then explain it to the rest of us. While you are at it, explain why it doesn't count. Explain why it is even IN the Bible. You being such an expert and all, I'm sure this will be a quick study for you.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7809 Apr 26, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what I ignore since you chose to justify yourself with this verse. You made a decision to base your position on a specific verse in Leviticus, now the question becomes do all declarations of abomanation in Leviticus have eqaul weight.
Oh, brother. Talk about duck and dodge. Gosh, you are SO typical. All you do is talk in riddles. What a GREAT liberal socialist commie you are.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7810 Apr 26, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
Just scanned through the last few pages - my, my people have been busy little posters lately. Unfortunately, the same patterns repeat themselves.
Conservatives support their positions with facts and information and the Liberals come back with foolishness.
1. Jesus was a Liberal - typical leftist nonsense - Jesus was all about our PERSONAL responsibility to care for the needy. And every study shows that Reps/Cons donate far more in both time and money to charity. The Left shows their "charity" by wanting to raise taxes on other people to pay for programs that do not help better peoples' lives - they only enslave those people to dependency, while destroying marriage and families as a side effect. There is no virtue in making someone ELSE "contribute".
And Jesus said "suffer the little children to come unto me" - not "abort them for your own selfish convenience".
2. Republicans are fascists. Once again displaying a complete ignorance of the definition of the word. Let's see, who is it that advocates a controlling central government with severe economic and social regimentation and forceful suppression of opposition.
Examples: nationalizing healthcare, attempting to regulate the coal industry out of business, establishing "carbon emission" standards on industry that do not make the air cleaner one iota, but that do raise the cost of implementing such standards to the point that some industries close because it isn't worthwhile while others have to pass along higher costs to the public in order to stay in business, some ivory tower bureaucrat establishing car emission standards with no knowledge of the workings of how a car engine performs, but that do succeed in raising the price for the consumer, and on and on.
Suppression: Republican/conservative: "I do not believe in your policies and consider them harmful to our country and its citizens."
Typical Leftist response: "You are a bigot, you hate children, you hate minorities, you are greedy, you don't care about soldiers." No discussion on how the policies differ and how reasonable people can disagree - just an attempt to shut down the argument by screaming "HATER, HATER"
3. Reps/Cons never respond to "our facts" - actually you've been responded to so many times it's stunning, but you continue to ignore the TRUE facts anyway.
By the way, this is an OPINION forum, most on here are not interested in reading posts that are nothing but "cut and paste" jobs. If you have a quotation or two that support your position - fine, but a long winded, paragraphs long posting of SOMEONE ELSE'S opinion just indicates to me you can't support your position on your own - BORING. Read your supporting data, condense it down and post it - if you're capable of it.
++++1 Pure genius. Thank you!!!!! I have no idea WHY I keep getting caught in the liberal spin cycle. They are hopelessly DULL.
good news

Dawsonville, GA

#7811 Apr 26, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps YOU should follow your own advice. I DO think for myself. Why don't YOU do that? I am VERY concerned for MY country. How arrogant of you to tell ME what I should do. You are SO typical. If I don't agree with you, I am FULL OF HATE. You are pathetic. Perhaps YOU should get your head out of the left wing tail and think for YOURSELF. See how that works? By working together, you mean doing the left wing bidding. Why don't you hide and watch. That's not EVER going to happen.
Don't feel sorry for me. You need to look in the mirror and feel sorry for yourself because you are supporting the systematic dismantling of MY country.
BTW, if you think supporting what is happening now is going to allow you to think for yourself and make your own decisions, well, you AREN'T very smart.
Again you have proven what you are, and it ain't pretty. I really feel sorry for you, OUR generation and your parties leaders are responsible for dismantling our country and the resulting economic ruin.. And your party is playing a key role again by refusing to do what politicians have always done until now, work for the common good. I just read that Jeb Bush is thinking about running for President next election. He is one Bush I would vote for, IF he doesn't go the route of the last candidate. Romany sold his soul to the idiot wing of the Republican Party and lost the election and my vote because he did. I really believe that Jeb and the leaders of the Republican Party are too smart to make that mistake again. Your voice is being muted by common sense in the Republican Party, now maybe I can vote Republican again.

You keep trying to label me as an Obama fan, I am not necessarily for Obama. I am against closed minded people like you and your “ME” first agenda and the people you have put up for election. Because of the people and ideas your party has tried to cram down the throats of the American people the last 8 years your party is in recovery mode, leaving you and people who think like you out of the formula for survival and that’s good news!
If you though for yourself you would not sound just like a sound bite from FNC or Rush, its obvious.
liar

Dawsonville, GA

#7812 Apr 26, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
Just scanned through the last few pages - my, my people have been busy little posters lately. Unfortunately, the same patterns repeat themselves.
Conservatives support their positions with facts and information and the Liberals come back with foolishness.
1. Jesus was a Liberal - typical leftist nonsense - Jesus was all about our PERSONAL responsibility to care for the needy. And every study shows that Reps/Cons donate far more in both time and money to charity. The Left shows their "charity" by wanting to raise taxes on other people to pay for programs that do not help better peoples' lives - they only enslave those people to dependency, while destroying marriage and families as a side effect. There is no virtue in making someone ELSE "contribute".
And Jesus said "suffer the little children to come unto me" - not "abort them for your own selfish convenience".
2. Republicans are fascists. Once again displaying a complete ignorance of the definition of the word. Let's see, who is it that advocates a controlling central government with severe economic and social regimentation and forceful suppression of opposition.
Examples: nationalizing healthcare, attempting to regulate the coal industry out of business, establishing "carbon emission" standards on industry that do not make the air cleaner one iota, but that do raise the cost of implementing such standards to the point that some industries close because it isn't worthwhile while others have to pass along higher costs to the public in order to stay in business, some ivory tower bureaucrat establishing car emission standards with no knowledge of the workings of how a car engine performs, but that do succeed in raising the price for the consumer, and on and on.
Suppression: Republican/conservative: "I do not believe in your policies and consider them harmful to our country and its citizens."
Typical Leftist response: "You are a bigot, you hate children, you hate minorities, you are greedy, you don't care about soldiers." No discussion on how the policies differ and how reasonable people can disagree - just an attempt to shut down the argument by screaming "HATER, HATER"
3. Reps/Cons never respond to "our facts" - actually you've been responded to so many times it's stunning, but you continue to ignore the TRUE facts anyway.
By the way, this is an OPINION forum, most on here are not interested in reading posts that are nothing but "cut and paste" jobs. If you have a quotation or two that support your position - fine, but a long winded, paragraphs long posting of SOMEONE ELSE'S opinion just indicates to me you can't support your position on your own - BORING. Read your supporting data, condense it down and post it - if you're capable of it.
I only read to the part about "nationalizing health care", such a boldface lie. Tells me the rest is going to be just more lies, unfortunately that’s all folks like you can do.
more good news

Alpharetta, GA

#7813 Apr 26, 2013
good news wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you have proven what you are, and it ain't pretty. I really feel sorry for you, OUR generation and your parties leaders are responsible for dismantling our country and the resulting economic ruin.. And your party is playing a key role again by refusing to do what politicians have always done until now, work for the common good. I just read that Jeb Bush is thinking about running for President next election. He is one Bush I would vote for, IF he doesn't go the route of the last candidate. Romany sold his soul to the idiot wing of the Republican Party and lost the election and my vote because he did. I really believe that Jeb and the leaders of the Republican Party are too smart to make that mistake again. Your voice is being muted by common sense in the Republican Party, now maybe I can vote Republican again.
You keep trying to label me as an Obama fan, I am not necessarily for Obama. I am against closed minded people like you and your “ME” first agenda and the people you have put up for election. Because of the people and ideas your party has tried to cram down the throats of the American people the last 8 years your party is in recovery mode, leaving you and people who think like you out of the formula for survival and that’s good news!
If you though for yourself you would not sound just like a sound bite from FNC or Rush, its obvious.
wake up, you're stupid! It probably can be fixed!
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7814 Apr 26, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
...By the way, this is an OPINION forum, most on here are not interested in reading posts that are nothing but "cut and paste" jobs. If you have a quotation or two that support your position - fine, but a long winded, paragraphs long posting of SOMEONE ELSE'S opinion just indicates to me you can't support your position on your own - BORING. Read your supporting data, condense it down and post it - if you're capable of it.
Too funny, show me the Topix Rule Book for Posting. By the way, it's called the Blairsville Forum and each topic is called a Discussion, and that's about the extent of it.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

#7815 Apr 26, 2013
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Well, can you tell me why you trot out the other verses and ignore the verse from Levitius? Again, you are questioning and doubting the wisdom and Word.
For whatever reason, you have chosen to spend your time on something you obviously can't spin nor win. How can YOU ignore that particular verse? Why don't you post it word for word and then explain it to the rest of us. While you are at it, explain why it doesn't count. Explain why it is even IN the Bible. You being such an expert and all, I'm sure this will be a quick study for you.
You continue to dodge the issue, but that's understandable, since naturally you find it very difficult to support all the other abominations in Leviticus that clearly belong to another place and time. Admitting this would surely undermine your argument, much better to spin, spin, spin, and hope that none take notice of the empty bag you clutch.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7816 Apr 26, 2013
good news wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you have proven what you are, and it ain't pretty. I really feel sorry for you, OUR generation and your parties leaders are responsible for dismantling our country and the resulting economic ruin.. And your party is playing a key role again by refusing to do what politicians have always done until now, work for the common good. I just read that Jeb Bush is thinking about running for President next election. He is one Bush I would vote for, IF he doesn't go the route of the last candidate. Romany sold his soul to the idiot wing of the Republican Party and lost the election and my vote because he did. I really believe that Jeb and the leaders of the Republican Party are too smart to make that mistake again. Your voice is being muted by common sense in the Republican Party, now maybe I can vote Republican again.
You keep trying to label me as an Obama fan, I am not necessarily for Obama. I am against closed minded people like you and your “ME” first agenda and the people you have put up for election. Because of the people and ideas your party has tried to cram down the throats of the American people the last 8 years your party is in recovery mode, leaving you and people who think like you out of the formula for survival and that’s good news!
If you though for yourself you would not sound just like a sound bite from FNC or Rush, its obvious.
Waa waa waa. Hey, slick. I feel sorry for YOU. I am not closed minded. You are closed minded by accusing me of the same thing that you are guilty of....labeling. I have no ME FIRST agenda. I just don't want to be FORCED. YOU, on the other hand, must not mind that. Your statement about me and those like me being left out of the formula is LAUGHABLE. My! Aren't YOU just a paragon of virtue! So, you think Obama and his henchmen are representative of the "common good"?????? By forcing a healthcare program that hasn't been totally funded and will be impossible to sustain???? By stating that he is "for the middle class" when once again, the middle class is going to be carrying the burden? You are another easily manipulated person who listens to what Obama says and doesn't pay attention to what he does. You say you care about this country and we should work together. How is that possible when I don't AGREE with what those renegades in Washington are doing? So! You are saying the left wingers haven't crammed their agenda down our throats? Yeah, go ahead and make yourself feel better by telling yourself you are doing your own thinking while listening to Obama blame his failures on the republicans. ALL he does is set everyone else up for the fall when he doesn't get his way and YOU are so brilliant that you fall for it hook, line and sinker. My CAT could figure that out.
I like Jeb Bush, but I have to hear what he has to say and I want to see who is running.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7817 Apr 26, 2013
Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You continue to dodge the issue, but that's understandable, since naturally you find it very difficult to support all the other abominations in Leviticus that clearly belong to another place and time. Admitting this would surely undermine your argument, much better to spin, spin, spin, and hope that none take notice of the empty bag you clutch.
Spin cycle.

“Liberals are closet raaacists!”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#7818 Apr 26, 2013
good news wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you have proven what you are, and it ain't pretty. I really feel sorry for you, OUR generation and your parties leaders are responsible for dismantling our country and the resulting economic ruin.. And your party is playing a key role again by refusing to do what politicians have always done until now, work for the common good. I just read that Jeb Bush is thinking about running for President next election. He is one Bush I would vote for, IF he doesn't go the route of the last candidate. Romany sold his soul to the idiot wing of the Republican Party and lost the election and my vote because he did. I really believe that Jeb and the leaders of the Republican Party are too smart to make that mistake again. Your voice is being muted by common sense in the Republican Party, now maybe I can vote Republican again.
You keep trying to label me as an Obama fan, I am not necessarily for Obama. I am against closed minded people like you and your “ME” first agenda and the people you have put up for election. Because of the people and ideas your party has tried to cram down the throats of the American people the last 8 years your party is in recovery mode, leaving you and people who think like you out of the formula for survival and that’s good news!
If you though for yourself you would not sound just like a sound bite from FNC or Rush, its obvious.
It's obvious that you emulate Chris Matthews and everything you lap up from MSNBC. If you would turn off that liberal socialist commie propaganda and think for yourself, you would be much happier and more clear headed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hinesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Disgraceful Mar 26 Concerned123 1
Shavonne Wells Mar 19 LAURIE 1
I want a honest single soldier (Aug '15) Mar 19 LAURIE 4
Corey tague is a wife beater Mar 19 Marma 1
The Billy Crowder Case (Mar '12) Mar 15 Disgusted with th... 139
1970-71 Ft Stewart Mar 15 N-korea_soldier 2
Hinesville police officers harrasing the milita... Mar 3 Sherman 1

Hinesville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Hinesville Mortgages