|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
‘Obama phones’ subsidy program draws new scrutiny on the Hill
By Karen Tumulty, Published: April 9, 2013
http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/obama-...
...Hardly.“Obama phone” is the widely used — and misleading — nickname of a 28-year-old federal program known as Lifeline. It provides discounts, averaging $9.25 a month, on phone service for 13.3 million low-income subscribers.
In the 31 / 2 years after false rumors started that the Obama administration was giving free cellphones to poor people — and six months after a racially charged video about it went viral — a once-obscure phone service subsidy is getting renewed scrutiny on Capitol Hill.
...Lifeline was begun not by President Obama but under Ronald Reagan. It expanded to include cellphone service during the presidency of another Republican, George W. Bush.
In Obama’s first term, amid evidence of widespread fraud, the Federal Communications Commission moved to crack down on the program, saving what it predicts will be $400 million this year, on top of $214 million in 2012.
...Lifeline’s intent was inarguable enough: Phone service is “crucial to full participation in our society and economy,” the FCC noted in the order creating Lifeline on Jan. 8, 1985.
Expanding Lifeline to cellphone service reflected not only technology but also the reality of how poor people live. Last year, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that slightly more than half of adults in poverty lived in households that had only wireless phone service.
But in the view of many conservatives, the “Obama phone” has become Exhibit A in the case against a liberal president who they believe is doling out goodies to make people more dependent on government.
...Lifeline, however, is not funded by taxes; it subsists on fees that are tacked on to most phone bills. That fund subsidizes a number of programs, which in addition to Lifeline include telecommunications service to rural and remote areas and to schools and libraries.
...The more substantive problem that has plagued Lifeline has little to do with either side’s political philosophy. When it was expanded to cover cellphone service in 2008, regulators included few safeguards against fraud.
As a result, there have been widespread reports that cellular providers, eager to collect a subsidy for each low-income subscriber, signed people up without verifying their eligibility. Some recipients also snapped up multiple phones in violation of a one-per-household rule.
...The FCC implemented a set of regulations last year that required detailed audits every two years of companies that receive more than $5 million from Lifeline and imposed new requirements on subscribers to prove their eligibility and recertify it each year.
The agency has also reviewed 12.5 million subscriber records, eliminating what it says were 1.1 million duplicate subscriptions. And it is developing a national database of Lifeline subscribers to prevent fraud.
I've posted essentially the same information on here multiple times. The right-wing nut-jobs simply don't care how factual what you're saying is. If the facts don't line-up right with their Obama-hate - PooF!- the fact disappears never to be acknowledged. Which is why you just can't get anywhere with these types.
domino

Kathleen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, don't have time to see if someone has already covered this, so sorry if redundant.
So all of you on the Left who were so incensed that Romney paid "only" 14% in taxes in 2011 (we'll just ignore the difference between income vs capital gains rates since
y'all don't seem to understand the
difference)-- How do you feel about
the Obama's only paying an effectiv
e rate of 18%. Any problems with
that, hmmmmm?
Let me,let me, let me! I can save them the trouble. Heck no they don't have a problem with that. He is their God! Anything he does is perfect.
domino

Kathleen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
At this point in time Obama's presidency is 99.9999987654399%* secure. But just keep grasping at straws if that's what gets you through your days.
*This result was quality-checked and was determined to be dead-accurate by a team of 627 highly-trained team
statisticians, mathematicians, and Spanish catholic nuns.
Your quality check lacks truths. We will all see.
domino

Kathleen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
I've posted essentially the same information on here multiple times. The right-wing nut-jobs simply don't care how factual what you're saying is. If the facts don't line-up right with their Obama-hate - PooF!- the fact disappears never to be acknowledged. Which is why you just can't get anywhere with these types.
A great idea would be for you to join the real world instead of listening to and your left wing nutjobs. Turn off your left wing news and stop reading your left wing articles. Instead, talk to does it actually have an Obama phone. Personally, I have talked to several.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

columbus native wrote:
<quoted text>..........can you explain how romney planned on balancing the budget with a 2 trillion dollar navy build-up and did you ever understand his very vague 5 point plan?
Notice how not a single right-wing supporter took the opportunity to pick up on this? They don't even know what the heck they want or support.

All they know is they want the black man out of the white house, they don't like welfare recipients even if they're truly in need, scientists talk a lotta mumbo-jumbo and they don't care because that stuff is complicated, they like guns and lots of them, and they don't want to pay any taxes for nothin', never.

Everything else is just stuff Fox taught them to say.
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
Sorry, don't have time to see if someone has already covered this, so sorry if redundant.
So all of you on the Left who were so incensed that Romney paid "only" 14% in taxes in 2011 (we'll just ignore the difference between income vs capital gains rates since y'all don't seem to understand the difference)-- How do you feel about the Obama's only paying an effective rate of 18%. Any problems with that, hmmmmm?
You must be referring to this,
remind us,
what was Romney's position.

Obama Uses His Own Tax Return To Call For Raising Taxes on the Wealthy
By: Jason EasleyApr. 12th, 2013
http://www.politicususa.com/obama-tax-return-...

President Obama’s is using his own tax return to demonstrate what is wrong with the system. The president is also calling for taxes to be raised on the wealthy.

The White House used the release of the President and First Lady’s tax returns to call for higher taxes on the wealthy,

Today, the President released his 2012 federal income tax returns. He and the First Lady filed their income tax returns jointly and reported adjusted gross income of $608,611. The Obamas paid $112,214 in total tax.

The President and First Lady also reported donating $150,034 – or about 24.6 percent of their adjusted gross income – to 33 different charities. The largest reported gift to charity was $103,871 to the Fisher House Foundation.

The President’s effective federal income tax rate is 18.4 percent. The President believes we must reform our tax system which is why he has proposed policies like the Buffett Rule that would ask the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share while protecting families making under $250,000 from seeing their taxes go up. Under the President’s own tax proposals, including limitations on the value of tax preferences for high-income households, he would pay more in taxes while ensuring we cut taxes for the middle class and those trying to get in it....
Oh my

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blairsville-g...
It is cheap entertainment, how often do you see people continue to crack eggs on their forehead. It difficult not to laugh at slapstick.
domino

Kathleen, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how not a single right-wing supporter took the opportunity to pick up on this? They don't even know what the heck they want or support.
All they know is they want the black man out of the white house, they don't like welfare recipients even if they're truly in need, scientists talk a
lotta mumbo-jumbo and they don't care because that stuff is complicated, they like guns and lots of them, and they don't want to pay any taxes for nothin', never.
Everything else is just stuff Fox taught them to say.
I would almost bet I have paid more taxes in 40 years than you would if you lived to be a hundred. The government has never given me
anything nothing, nil! I could care less what color skin the president has, if he knew how to do his job....which he does not. And by the way , how has your hero balanced the budget? hummmm? Oh, i forgot. He hasnt and cant but he sure can spend it.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Oh my wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be referring to this,
remind us,
what was Romney's position.
Obama Uses His Own Tax Return To Call For Raising Taxes on the Wealthy
By: Jason EasleyApr. 12th, 2013
http://www.politicususa.com/obama-tax-return-...
President Obama’s is using his own tax return to demonstrate what is wrong with the system. The president is also calling for taxes to be raised on the wealthy.
The White House used the release of the President and First Lady’s tax returns to call for higher taxes on the wealthy,
Today, the President released his 2012 federal income tax returns. He and the First Lady filed their income tax returns jointly and reported adjusted gross income of $608,611. The Obamas paid $112,214 in total tax.
The President and First Lady also reported donating $150,034 – or about 24.6 percent of their adjusted gross income – to 33 different charities. The largest reported gift to charity was $103,871 to the Fisher House Foundation.
The President’s effective federal income tax rate is 18.4 percent. The President believes we must reform our tax system which is why he has proposed policies like the Buffett Rule that would ask the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share while protecting families making under $250,000 from seeing their taxes go up. Under the President’s own tax proposals, including limitations on the value of tax preferences for high-income households, he would pay more in taxes while ensuring we cut taxes for the middle class and those trying to get in it....
I couldn't care less what tax percentage anyone pays as long as they are within the law. But the hypocrisy of the Left is astounding.
"Obama uses his own tax return to show what is wrong with the system." - except that I note he and Michelle claimed over $258,000 is deductions - if they believe they should pay more in taxes, there was their opportunity - they should have left deductions blank. But, nope - not them. That goes for anyone on the Left - if you believe the govt needs more money, feel free to send them a check.
ChicknButt

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

domino wrote:
<quoted text>
I would almost bet I have paid more taxes in 40 years than you would if you lived to be a hundred.
You would be seriously surprised with just how wrong you are in your assumptions.
domino wrote:
<quoted text>
The government has never given me
anything nothing, nil!
In terms of charity? It's also never paid me a nickel. But I'm happy to pay for the things the government does provide, and I'm happy to pay a portion of what I've made for those less fortunate than myself or find themselves in temporary need. I guess we just come in on different ends of the "greed" scale..
domino wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, i forgot. He hasnt and cant but he sure can spend it.
You're right and you're wrong. He CAN'T balance the budget. Congress votes on that. You're wrong in that he "sure can spend it". Congress spends.

I know what you meant though. You want to talk about the deficit and blame that on Obama, because you don't like him. But before you go down that rabbit-hole, would you please - do a little reading from the CBO and OBM documents to discover exactly how those deficits came to be? Would you do that? Because I'm worn out listening to inaccurate right-wing crap.
no stomach

Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

OMTE wrote:
<quoted text>
Heavy drug use will do that ya.
Cheap crack and eating local killed skunk does the same thing. The side affects is the desire for a pile of broken crap in the yard and a strong feeling for you ugly sister. This guy has all the signs of inbreeding, requiring a belief that guns are God given and that the death of people not like you is deserved. What this person really needs is support and love. With that kind of support it might improve. I just don't have the stomach for it, maybe you do.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't care less what tax percentage anyone pays as long as they are within the law. But the hypocrisy of the Left is astounding.
"Obama uses his own tax return to show what is wrong with the system." - except that I note he and Michelle claimed over $258,000 is deductions - if they believe they should pay more in taxes, there was their opportunity - they should have left deductions blank. But, nope - not them. That goes for anyone on the Left - if you believe the govt needs more money, feel free to send them a check.
Ahhh-but Oh my takes his deductions like everyone else. He only squeals when everyone else does the same, like the Chicken of many names.
einstein

Italy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
TROLL
Your SSI check lost in the mail again and can't sell enough cans to pay your power bill??? Amazing to me how people on the public dole always find a way to put down others doing the same with only a different name. All those damn Dems who support your way would be sick to see you wasting our money. Get off SSI and get a JOB.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
You would be seriously surprised with just how wrong you are in your assumptions.
<quoted text>
In terms of charity? It's also never paid me a nickel. But I'm happy to pay for the things the government does provide, and I'm happy to pay a portion of what I've made for those less fortunate than myself or find themselves in temporary need. I guess we just come in on different ends of the "greed" scale..
<quoted text>
You're right and you're wrong. He CAN'T balance the budget. Congress votes on that. You're wrong in that he "sure can spend it". Congress spends.
I know what you meant though. You want to talk about the deficit and blame that on Obama, because you don't like him. But before you go down that rabbit-hole, would you please - do a little reading from the CBO and OBM documents to discover exactly how those deficits came to be? Would you do that? Because I'm worn out listening to inaccurate right-wing crap.

"Both parties are putting political spin on the deficit reduction contained in President Barack Obama’s $3.78 trillion budget plan.

• Obama said his budget would cut deficits by "nearly another $2 trillion" over 10 years. Two prominent Republicans said it would reduce deficits by only about $600 billion. The question is: Compared with what? The budget provides for $600 billion in additional deficit reduction. Obama arrives at a higher figure by including about $1.1 trillion in sequester cuts that have begun to take effect.

• The president repeated the exaggerated claim that his budget brings deficit reduction to a level that "independent economists believe we need to stabilize our finances." Independent economists say it’s not enough to stabilize the debt.

Obama announced his budget plan in the White House Rose Garden on April 10. With a mix of spending cuts and new taxes, Obama claimed it was a "fiscally responsible blueprint for middle-class jobs and growth." But many Republicans quickly assailed the plan for not cutting deficits deeply or quickly enough. We’ll sort through some of the spin."

So the Libtards blame the sequester cuts of $1.1 trillion on the repubs, and then Obama includes the $1.1 trillion into his claim of reducing the deficit by $2 trillion in 10 years and tells everyone he's going to reduce the deficit by $2 trillion.

This is the kind of crappy false numbers Libtards love. As long as it comes from the mouth of a sorry president, it must be ok and right.
LMAO at libtards who get offended at common sense people who see through their bs.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

This is the lie libtards believe.

Barack Obama says::
""Over the last four years, the deficit has gone up, but 90 percent of that is as a consequence of" President George W. Bush’s policies and the recession.""
LogicalChickn

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama claimed it was a "fiscally responsible blueprint for middle-class jobs and growth." But many Republicans quickly assailed the plan for not cutting deficits deeply or quickly enough. We’ll sort through some of the spin."
Let's do that. Let's sort through some of the spin.

If Republicans want the deficit reduced more quickly they should allow closing loopholes and raising tax rates for the wealthy. They should immediately support cutting corporate welfare. The revenue generated from increased taxes and savings from corporate handouts could go directly towards the deficit. You wouldn't find a SINGLE Democrat anywhere who would be opposed to this.

Are the Republicans doing these things? No. In fact, they vehemently oppose doing these things. So their actions really aren't backing up their words, are they?

Hows that for cutting through some spin? It's pretty easy.
LogicalChickn

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Bored wrote:
This is the lie libtards believe.
Barack Obama says::
""Over the last four years, the deficit has gone up, but 90 percent of that is as a consequence of" President George W. Bush’s policies and the recession.""
How much of the deficit was caused by REPUBLICAN President George W. Bush destroying the economy of the United States of America?

How much of the deficit was caused by REPUBLICAN President George W. Bush's policies enacted during his administration?

How much of the deficit was caused by REPUBLICAN President George W. Bush's unfunded wars?

The answers are out there. I'd like for a right-winger to look them up and share them with us.

What actions and policies has Obama taken that WERE NOT RELATED TO THE REPUBLICAN ECONOMIC DESTRUCTION that added to the deficit? How much did those add up to?

This isn't an unsolvable mystery. It's just simple math and accounting. The numbers exist and can be found with a quick Google search.

Republicans don't want to do it because it would expose their flawed assertions. They would have to look blame right in the eye and take personal responsibility for the devastation they caused.

Synergy? Are you up for this? How about you Big Dave? Maybe Glorya? Maybe one of you other Fox News Watching Zombies?

No spin - just straight answers to those questions.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

LogicalChickn wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's do that. Let's sort through some of the spin.
If Republicans want the deficit reduced more quickly they should allow closing loopholes and raising tax rates for the wealthy. They should immediately support cutting corporate welfare. The revenue generated from increased taxes and savings from corporate handouts could go directly towards the deficit. You wouldn't find a SINGLE Democrat anywhere who would be opposed to this.
Are the Republicans doing these things? No. In fact, they vehemently oppose doing these things. So their actions really aren't backing up their words, are they?
Hows that for cutting through some spin? It's pretty easy.

Everyone knows chickens can live quite a while with their heads cut off.
You are a good example.
No way is hades would libtards not spend more than received, something about their genes.
You are correct, not a SINGLE democrat is opposed to raising taxes. They want your money, my money, and the dead mans money.

And a good thang the repubs oppose tax increases, everytime they give in to the demos the libtards put us further into debt.

The repubs are the ones who forced the sequester, or have you forgotten that?
Obama is now laying claim to those savings in his budget saying he will reduce the deficit by $2 trillion over ten years.
Without that sequester, Obama will only reduce the deficit $600 billion over 10 years, What a laugh, spend trillions and save billions.
Yep, that's the libtard way of economics, spend everything and let the next generation or 3 fix the problem.

LogicalChickn

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Bored wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone knows chickens can live quite a while with their heads cut off.
You are a good example.
No way is hades would libtards not spend more than received, something about their genes.
You are correct, not a SINGLE democrat is opposed to raising taxes. They want your money, my money, and the dead mans money.
And a good thang the repubs oppose tax increases, everytime they give in to the demos the libtards put us further into debt.
Are you saying something? I don't hear anything. Certainly no suggestions, no facts. You're just mumbling and moving your lips and spewing useless little driblets of hate like Fox News and Rush taught you to do. Nothing of substance came out of your mouth. You're just wasting everyone's time.
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>

The repubs are the ones who forced the sequester, or have you forgotten that?
Obama is now laying claim to those savings in his budget saying he will reduce the deficit by $2 trillion over ten years.
Without that sequester, Obama will only reduce the deficit $600 billion over 10 years, What a laugh, spend trillions and save billions.
Yep, that's the libtard way of economics, spend everything and let the next generation or 3 fix the problem.
I just hear some blame. No workable suggestions, no actual facts. Just mouthing stuff again. I think I heard a bit of deflection.
Bored wrote:
<quoted text>

Well this is a workable plan you're putting forth, isn't it? NOT! No plan at all.

Again - Cutting tax loopholes on the wealthy, cutting corporate welfare, cutting defense, and applying the savings directly to the deficit is something that would actually make the deficit go down, unlike your non-stop blame and mumblings.

Republicans want the deficit to go down. Let's do something about it. Let's do those items? What's the objection? Don't you WANT to see the deficit go down?

Bored - how about you take a stab at answering those questions I asked about how the deficit got the way it is? The answers are in the CBO and OBM documents. Easily found. Just give us the straight answers about how the deficit got to be the way it is based on the official numbers. Care to take a try at it?

You won't like the answers.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

LogicalChickn wrote:
<quoted text>
How much of the deficit was caused by REPUBLICAN President George W. Bush destroying the economy of the United States of America?
How much of the deficit was caused by REPUBLICAN President George W. Bush's policies enacted during his administration?
How much of the deficit was caused by REPUBLICAN President George W. Bush's unfunded wars?
The answers are out there. I'd like for a right-winger to look them up and share them with us.
What actions and policies has Obama taken that WERE NOT RELATED TO THE REPUBLICAN ECONOMIC DESTRUCTION that added to the deficit? How much did those add up to?
This isn't an unsolvable mystery. It's just simple math and accounting. The numbers exist and can be found with a quick Google search.
Republicans don't want to do it because it would expose their flawed assertions. They would have to look blame right in the eye and take personal responsibility for the devastation they caused.
Synergy? Are you up for this? How about you Big Dave? Maybe Glorya? Maybe one of you other Fox News Watching Zombies?
No spin - just straight answers to those questions.
Since it's so easy, you do it.
Let us know when you accomplish something.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Hinesville Discussions

Search the Hinesville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Men Wearing Thongs (Sep '08) 18 hr Drew 239
Review: InstaLoan Jul 19 chris leonard 1
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 16 what 2,045
Ludowici Politics (Dec '11) Jul 15 Long County TRUTH 27
Woman snaps photo of ghostly figure at 4th of J... Jul 14 resident 1
Decent crabbing spots? Jul 13 sheri 2
Klingbeil/Farley murder suicide 2006 (Mar '11) Jun 25 Toni 10
•••
•••
•••
Hinesville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Hinesville Jobs